Soundbar choice for LG OLED TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2020, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Soundbar choice for LG OLED TV

I am new to the forum and would like some opinions for my purchase of the Sony HT-X9000F or the Sony HW-Q60R. I have purchased both and have had a very hard time deciding which to keep and which to return. I received a very good price on each one. Sony HT-X9000F purchased on base for $449.99 and the Samsung was also from the base exchange for $349.99. Both without tax. I have demo'd them both for a week and can't decide which to go with. The Sony is only 300 Total watts and Samsung 360watts. Sony has lower power but has Atmos/Dolby, DTSX. Samsung is only Dolby Digital DTS.

My dilemma is choosing less power with better sound, ie Atmos or more power but less sound features.

I attached specs. My budget is to purchase one of these or something similar or better for <$500

I would appreciate any help. As you can see I am not a good decision maker.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWQ60R_Specs.pdf (578.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf Samsung Specs.pdf (178.7 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-12-2020, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I can't really give you any advice on them but I'm going to buy the LG C9 OLED tomorrow at Costco and was wondering if you had any trouble hooking either one of the systems up to your OLED? I've been reading the internet for days trying to find a good Dolby Atmos sound bar but they all seem to have some kind of issue with connectivity or dropping signal so I'm not going to buy anything right now. Does that Sony Atmos you have fill a decent sized room with overhead sound? I've read in some reviews people say that you need to have a small room for most Atmos system to really work. I'm curious what your experience has been?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-13-2020, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelalum View Post
I can't really give you any advice on them but I'm going to buy the LG C9 OLED tomorrow at Costco and was wondering if you had any trouble hooking either one of the systems up to your OLED? I've been reading the internet for days trying to find a good Dolby Atmos sound bar but they all seem to have some kind of issue with connectivity or dropping signal so I'm not going to buy anything right now. Does that Sony Atmos you have fill a decent sized room with overhead sound? I've read in some reviews people say that you need to have a small room for most Atmos system to really work. I'm curious what your experience has been?
All I can tell you is the Sony with Atmos was better sound but I didn't notice it filling the room too much. I am in a small condo with viewing room about 20x25. Sorry I hope that helps. My pros and cons are:

sony: Pros-atmos, good sound for tv but lacks Bluetooth quality.
Cons-Bluetooth quality and lower wattage.

Samsung: Pros-8 speakers, tre,mid,woofers, more power
Cons-no Atmos audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page