Soundbar with wired rear speakers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-13-2020, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Soundbar with wired rear speakers

I'm looking for a soundbar with wired rear speakers for my TCL 6-series for a basement media room.

My challenge is that the room has a drop ceiling and one side of the room is completely open, so I don't have a good way to power or mount the wireless rears that are common with soundbars. Aesthetically, I'd prefer not to have to mount box speakers either.

Are there any good soundbars that allow user-supplied rears? In my case I'd use something in-ceiling.

I know there are some that include wired rears that you could replace, but I'd be concerned about the compromise of using whatever EQ/crossover/impedance is in the system with a different speaker. AFAIK, none of these have room correction.

Conceptually, wireless rears would work (I could get power to them if needed) as long as they could be mounted in the drop ceiling. I doubt anything like that exists.

I would prefer Atmos support, but that's not a strict requirement since the TCL doesn't support eARC and it's currently the only source.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
- Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page