Samsung Q70R Soundbar - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-30-2020, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung Q70R Soundbar

Very limited audio tech knowledge and would like help in setting up Samsung Q70R Soundbar for first time. My soundbar is connected to Sony 65" TV via HDMI and managed to find my way around modes etc. however, would welcome advice on setting for Subwoofer. Completely in the dark as to volume level and +/- setting . I have some mid range hearing problem (old age) I seem to get best speech dialogue with Sub OFF altogether but from what I read, it should be on . I am presently using Adaptive mode which again find best for dialogue.
Any advice/recommendations for correct setting would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-21-2020, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by manukes View Post
Very limited audio tech knowledge and would like help in setting up Samsung Q70R Soundbar for first time. My soundbar is connected to Sony 65" TV via HDMI and managed to find my way around modes etc. however, would welcome advice on setting for Subwoofer. Completely in the dark as to volume level and +/- setting . I have some mid range hearing problem (old age) I seem to get best speech dialogue with Sub OFF altogether but from what I read, it should be on . I am presently using Adaptive mode which again find best for dialogue.
Any advice/recommendations for correct setting would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I suggest using Samsung Smart Things app and connect it all up, make sure the soundbar has firmware updated. So from there, use the apps custom equalizer to adjust the middle 3 rows of the curve up a little for better clarity for voice dialog. This will keep in in Standard mode when using the app EQ but that seemed to help with voice clarity the most for me.

Adaptive can work OK, you can try keeping the on-device settings at sub -6, bass-2, treble -2 and the rest 0 as far as basic settings on the bar so it won't be too boomy or bright when trying to hear dialog under Adaptive mode, which definitely does not count as a voice enhancement feature, it's just their own fake Atmos, which is cool, but no matter what they claim doesn't help too much with dialog clarity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page