Sources Connected to Sony HT-Z9F Soundbar or Sony XBR-65Z9F TV First with eARC? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-19-2020, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sources Connected to Sony HT-Z9F Soundbar or Sony XBR-65Z9F TV First with eARC?

All, As a new owner of both a Sony HT-Z9F soundbar and a Sony XBR-65Z9F TV, I'm trying to understand if there are any advantages or disadvantages to connecting my various sources (a 4K UBP-X1100ES blu-ray player, a region free DVD player with HDMI, a cable box with HDMI, and finally a VCR with composite) to my TV or soundbar first (I already understand there aren't enough inputs on my soundbar for all these devices to simultaneously connect) if I'm using the eARC connection between the TV and soundbar. My thought is that if you don't have eARC on both the TV and soundbar then you would want to connect at least the 4K sources to the soundbar first so the soundbar could access / decode higher audio formats and then just pass the video to the TV, however with both the TV and soundbar supporting eARC is this still an issue? After reading the setup guides, manuals, and FAQs it looks like all audio formats will be supported by the soundbar fed via eARC from the TV with the possible exception of DSD... in this case, I can't see any disadvantages to just connecting all sources to the TV and using eARC to pass audio to the soundbar. Thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page