Samsung Soundbar HW-Q80R Audio delay - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-23-2020, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung Soundbar HW-Q80R Audio delay

Hello all,

So i purchased the mentioned soundbar to get the dolby atmos experience, and i am having issues with lip sync/A/V sync issues, the sound is slightly delayed compared to video. 

I dont have any set top box or streaming device, the sound goes directly from TV (LG UJ6517) to Soundbar via HDMI ARC, the media played is either youtube or netflix/hbo via the built in APP in TV.

I notice there is a delay in sound which i decreased by playing with A/V sync options in TV sound options, the issue is, the maximum negative value is -5 on the bar in the settings, i still notice approx 60-70ms delay so i would like to drag this option further to lets say -7, but its not possible, the SYNC option on the soundbar is only in positive values, meaning the sound would get more delayed and make it worse. What other options do I have? Maybe i can try to purchase a different cable than Samsung provides, such as HDMI 2.1 8k/60hz high speed gold connectors cable, would taht help? i am kinda hopeless here as i have tried everything to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page