Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 w/ Subwoofer - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1 of 33 Old 03-30-2020, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
Gov
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 w/ Subwoofer

I just returned a flaky JBL Bar 3.1. I did like the sound from it, especially the subwoofer, but it seemed to have a lot of clitches in my opinion. Can any comment on the 1300 with the matching wireless subwoofer? There does not seem like a lot of information out there for these. I am interested whether the 1300 will play the DD track from Dolby TrueHD and DTS track from DTS-HD Blu-ray discs?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 03-31-2020, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
Gov
AVS Forum Special Member

Anyone?
post #3 of 33 Old 03-31-2020, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
I just returned a flaky JBL Bar 3.1. I did like the sound from it, especially the subwoofer, but it seemed to have a lot of clitches in my opinion. Can any comment on the 1300 with the matching wireless subwoofer? There does not seem like a lot of information out there for these. I am interested whether the 1300 will play the DD track from Dolby TrueHD and DTS track from DTS-HD Blu-ray discs?

Thanks
The HK1300 will decode and play DD or DTS up to 5.1 ( 6 channels) as MOST soundbars. If you play a Blu-ray with Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (8channels) it defaults to DD5.1. So it doesn't play trueHD lossless. Same with DTS sound codecs. Up to 5.1 channels. So yes it will play any Blu-ray disc, it just defaults lts to 5.1 DD or DTS. Does it make a difference in sound? Can you hear the difference between DD 5.1 and DD trueHD in a soundbar? I have had both and i say NO.

The soundbars performance itself will play a bigger role in how it sounds compared to the difference between DD5.1 and DD trueHD. If you want a soundbar to play and decode Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD then buy a Dolby atmos soundbar like the Sony HT-Z9F which will bitstream them plus many other audio formats. Problem is because of the 3 tiny little speakers in the Sony HT-Z9F the HK 1300 with 13 speakers produces much better sound in std DD5.1 then the Sony does in Dolby TrueHD or Atmos!!

The HK 1300 has a much better subwoofer then most soundbars as well.
Ellebob and Rysa4 like this.

(Living Room) Sony XBR65X950G 4K TV, Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 & HK Enchant subwoofer, Sony UHP-H1 SACD & Panasonic DP-UB420 4K BD players.

(Garage) Sherwood RX-4105 Receiver, Samsung DVD/CD player, Klipsch 2.5 med oak speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 04-01-2020, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
Gov
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I agree with them! I decided to order this today from Crutchfield and saved almost $1200! The retail price on this product seems ridiculous, but for what I paid today it seems like a good enough deal for what sounds like a very good product that will fit my needs.
post #5 of 33 Old 04-01-2020, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I agree with them! I decided to order this today from Crutchfield and saved almost $1200! The retail price on this product seems ridiculous, but for what I paid today it seems like a good enough deal for what sounds like a very good product that will fit my needs.
Your welcome. Yes the retail price is ridiculous and i would have never bought it for that price. However for the bundle sale price Crutchfield has it for right now it's a bargin.

I have owned many soundbars including many models from Yamaha, Def Tech, Sony, Vizio and JBL and this Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 with matching subwoofer performs better then all of them so far.

good luck with your purchase.

(Living Room) Sony XBR65X950G 4K TV, Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 & HK Enchant subwoofer, Sony UHP-H1 SACD & Panasonic DP-UB420 4K BD players.

(Garage) Sherwood RX-4105 Receiver, Samsung DVD/CD player, Klipsch 2.5 med oak speakers
post #6 of 33 Old 04-02-2020, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received the HK Enchant 1300 (without sub) yesterday from Crutchfield also. Was looking for a soundbar with no sub under $500. Hoping this will fit the bill. "Appeared" to be a great buy. Having problems with Samsung UNK65K8000FXZA that previous owners left in new home recognizing the HDMI/ARC. It worked for about 15 minutes last night. Now can't even connect over BT. Looks like it is a consistent problem with Samsung tvs's according to the various forum complaints. May need to just get a new TV. I have usually had Sony Bravia tv's. Don' know if they have the problem too or not. It sounded great when it had its 15 minutes of fame last night!

Update: Everything is powered thru a powerstrip. Turned the powerstrip off and let everything sit for 15 minutes. Powered everything back on and everything seems to synch just fine, including the TV HDMI/ARC. The 1300 sounds great. The wireless sub would be a nice to have (and is also a great price right now), but we don't really have any room for it.

I was looking at the Sonos Beam and the Bose 500 but the HK 1300 seems to be a great option right now for an under $500 and no sub. Currently $399 at Crutchfield. The sub is also $399.

Last edited by wizard19; 04-02-2020 at 10:55 AM.
post #7 of 33 Old 04-02-2020, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
Gov
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard19 View Post
I just received the HK Enchant 1300 (without sub) yesterday from Crutchfield also. Was looking for a soundbar with no sub under $500. Hoping this will fit the bill. "Appeared" to be a great buy. Having problems with Samsung UNK65K8000FXZA that previous owners left in new home recognizing the HDMI/ARC. It worked for about 15 minutes last night. Now can't even connect over BT. Looks like it is a consistent problem with Samsung tvs's according to the various forum complaints. May need to just get a new TV. I have usually had Sony Bravia tv's. Don' know if they have the problem too or not. It sounded great when it had its 15 minutes of fame last night!

Update: Everything is powered thru a powerstrip. Turned the powerstrip off and let everything sit for 15 minutes. Powered everything back on and everything seems to synch just fine, including the TV HDMI/ARC. The 1300 sounds great. The wireless sub would be a nice to have (and is also a great price right now), but we don't really have any room for it.

I was looking at the Sonos Beam and the Bose 500 but the HK 1300 seems to be a great option right now for an under $500 and no sub. Currently $399 at Crutchfield. The sub is also $399.
I will be receiving the 1300 and subwoofer tomorrow and will post my thoughts after setting it up and playing different source material
post #8 of 33 Old 04-04-2020, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter
Gov
AVS Forum Special Member

I received these two items yesterday and got them set up. My only experience with a soundbar is with a JBL Bar 3.1 and I can say this Enchant 1300 runs circles around it! I will say I think the JBL subwoofer will go a little deeper than the HK Enchant subwoofer, but they both sound great with movies. The HK system sounds much better with music than the JBL. The HK is not glitchy at all so far where as the JBL was for me.
The only thing I wish the HK could do is decode the DD+ audio format. I have learned that DD+ is not backwards compatible to regular DD, so the HK will decode it as PCM. Not ideal, but not a deal breaker at all. So far, I am very happy with it and will continue getting familiar with it.
post #9 of 33 Old 04-06-2020, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How can I default HDMI 1 upon startup? Right now it defaults to ARC and then I have to switch the input to HDMI 1 to watch TV from the receiver box. This requires me to either carry two remotes or push the INPUT button on the soundbar. This will not go over well with the rest of the family.
post #10 of 33 Old 04-07-2020, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter
Gov
AVS Forum Special Member

Unfortunately I think that is the way it is. I notice it with mine as well. For me it’s not a deal breaker just a nuisance.
post #11 of 33 Old 04-21-2020, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I just purchased this soundbar also, I’m hooking it up to a Samsung Q7C, I also got it from Crutchfield. I really liked the look of this unit and sub size. Thanks for the feedback.
post #12 of 33 Old 04-24-2020, 06:27 PM

My unit came in yesterday and setup was straight forward. I’m using a Q7C Samsung tv and a UHD player also Samsung, all arc features are turn on, all inputs were used labeled arc. TVs remote control works all units Properly with no lipsync issues. I’m using a outside antenna as tv source and apps in TV for VUDU, etc. Very happy with purchase, sound quality is great, sub also sounds good and calibration works well also.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9F7900AD-BA08-4252-B7D2-B78E8FB825BF.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	2716028  
Rysa4 likes this.

Last edited by T100; 04-25-2020 at 02:37 AM.
post #13 of 33 Old 04-25-2020, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I received mine last night about 9pm. I'll set up today.

A question for anyone who uses a Sony X800 4K disc player with a Samsung QLED TV with a One Connect box:

The Sony X800 is connected to the One Box. Would there be any benefit to connecting the X800's second audio only HDMI out to the soundbar.
post #14 of 33 Old 04-25-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernardi View Post
I received mine last night about 9pm. I'll set up today.

A question for anyone who uses a Sony X800 4K disc player with a Samsung QLED TV with a One Connect box:

The Sony X800 is connected to the One Box. Would there be any benefit to connecting the X800's second audio only HDMI out to the soundbar.
In my case my tv controls all functions, I used arc output from tv to soundbar arc and player to hdmi input 1, when I turned on the player it turned bar, tv and went to the correct inputs with no issues.
post #15 of 33 Old 04-25-2020, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Thanks. Mine is set up the same way.
post #16 of 33 Old 04-26-2020, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is anyone is using this bar with curtains on the side wall? Going to move to a new apartment next year perhaps, depending on tenacity of the coronavirus, and one side will have complete drapes. Wondering how that will impact the sound performance.
post #17 of 33 Old 04-27-2020, 04:01 AM

It’s calibration mode should make the proper sound adjustments for that. I have an open door to the left of mine, its the best situation for what we have and I’m pretty 😀 with it. I really wanted the extra HDMI inputs.
post #18 of 33 Old 04-27-2020, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I would hope so too. I mean, they test them in anechoic chamber too so they should be tuning for no reflections too. Anyway, I have asked Harman. Let's see if they respond to it.
post #19 of 33 Old 05-01-2020, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have been lurking on this thread and decided to jump on the incredible deal for this soundbar and sub while it lasted. I love the sound, but have been having some frustrating issues getting it set up properly. I have a 10-year-old Samsumg plasma TV (PN58C8000) that will soon be replaced with an OLED, probably LG C9. I also have a Pioneer VSX-1024 receiver of roughly the same vintage that the soundbar replaces, although I still am trying to use it as an HDMI switch with the audio set to passthrough and also upscale a few of the non-1080p sources. I have tried the following configurations:

Everything through ARC from TV. Originally I tried keeping everything pretty much as is and using ARC for the soundbar: HDMI sources to AVR, AVR to TV, then ARC for TV to soundbar. Stereo sources were fine but anything else had muddled dialogue and was not nearly loud enough. My guess was that sources were decompressing to PCM surround and that the TV was omitting all but the L+R channels in the ARC signal it was sending to the bar (or it could be the AVR messing things up...I have not used it's audio passthrough ability until now). The manual mentions that the TV can only forward stereo from external devices over the digital optical out, but it mentions no such limitations for ARC.

Everything through HDMI 1 on soundbar. Then I tried plugging the AVR into HDMI 1 on the soundbar and the soundbar into a non-ARC input on the TV. I have a Logitech Harmony remote, so I can set it up to control the soundbar directly for everything I do. That fixed the sound issues, as I hoped, but I cannot get the damn input to stay on HDMI 1. I can program the remote to set the input to HDMI 1, and it switches the input correctly when the soundbar powers on, but after about 5 seconds it just decides to set the input back to TV ARC. I spent hours last night messing with the options in the Harmony to try to get this to work. I can get to the point where everything powers on, the input is set correctly, and the image shows on the TV. Then about 2 seconds later something happens and the soundbar goes back to TV ARC. If you then wait a few seconds and manually switch it back it is fine.

Back to (almost) everything through TV ARC. This time I went through my DVR, BluRay, and Roku and set their audio outputs to force DD+DTS (or the closest that I could find) and that seems to have solved the sound quality issue I was having initially. Just for kicks I kept the Roku Ultra 4k stick plugged into HDMI 1 and the AVR with everything else into the TV. The soundbar seems to be happy with the Roku on HDMI 1: it just switches to this input whenever you wake up the Roku and stays there. But I have given up on having my AVR plugged into the soundbar...there seems to be something about the signal that triggers the soundbar to drop that input.

I am curious if anyone has any useful ideas/experience here. I thought that ARC was able to handle uncompressed audio so long as it was not Atmos or DTS:X (maybe my TV is just too old?). I also do not know what is going on with the way the soundbar keeps switching input back to TV ARC.

Last question: No matter what I send to the soundbar, it always displays "PCM". I can force my Roku to send Dolby Digital, and the soundbar still says "PCM". Does it do the same for the rest of you?

Thanks!

Last edited by Mofongo; 05-01-2020 at 05:24 PM.
post #20 of 33 Old 05-01-2020, 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=Mofongo;59579910]I have been lurking on this thread and decided to jump on the incredible deal for this soundbar and sub while it lasted. I love the sound, but have been having some frustrating issues getting it set up properly. I have a 10-year-old Samsumg plasma TV (PN58C8000) that will soon be replaced with an OLED, probably LG C9. I also have a Pioneer VSX-1024 receiver of roughly the same vintage that the soundbar replaces, although I still am trying to use it as an HDMI switch with the audio set to passthrough and also upscale a few of the non-1080p sources. I have tried the following configurations:

Everything through ARC from TV. Originally I tried keeping everything pretty much as is and using ARC for the soundbar: HDMI sources to AVR, AVR to TV, then ARC for TV to soundbar. Stereo sources were fine but anything else had muddled dialogue and was not nearly loud enough. My guess was that sources were decompressing to PCM surround and that the TV was omitting all but the L+R channels in the ARC signal it was sending to the bar (or it could be the AVR messing things up...I have not used it's audio passthrough ability until now). The manual mentions that the TV can only forward stereo from external devices over the digital optical out, but it mentions no such limitations for ARC.

Everything through HDMI 1 on soundbar. Then I tried plugging the AVR into HDMI 1 on the soundbar and the soundbar into a non-ARC input on the TV. I have a Logitech Harmony remote, so I can set it up to control the soundbar directly for everything I do. That fixed the sound issues, as I hoped, but I cannot get the damn input to stay on HDMI 1. I can program the remote to set the input to HDMI 1, and it switches the input correctly when the soundbar powers on, but after about 5 seconds it just decides to set the input back to TV ARC. I spent hours last night messing with the options in the Harmony to try to get this to work. I can get to the point where everything powers on, the input is set correctly, and the image shows on the TV. Then about 2 seconds later something happens and the soundbar goes back to TV ARC. If you then wait a few seconds and manually switch it back it is fine.

Back to (almost) everything through TV ARC. This time I went through my DVR, BluRay, and Roku and set their audio outputs to force DD+DTS (or the closest that I could find) and that seems to have solved the sound quality issue I was having initially. Just for kicks I kept the Roku Ultra 4k stick plugged into HDMI 1 and the AVR with everything else into the TV. The soundbar seems to be happy with the Roku on HDMI 1: it just switches to this input whenever you wake up the Roku and stays there. But I have given up on having my AVR plugged into the soundbar...there seems to be something about the signal that triggers the soundbar to drop that input.

I am curious if anyone has any useful ideas/experience here. I thought that ARC was able to handle uncompressed audio so long as it was not Atmos or DTS:X (maybe my TV is just too old?). I also do not know what is going on with the way the soundbar keeps switching input back to TV ARC.

Last question: No matter what I send to the soundbar, it always displays "PCM". I can force my Roku to send Dolby Digital, and the soundbar still says "PCM". Does it do the same for the rest of you?

Thanks![/QUOTE
I’m not sure why you would using your sound bar with a receiver. The TVs arc. ( input 2 ) goes to the sound bars arc. ( tv arc ) HDMI out then all other devices ( Blu-ray , Xbox, or cable box) HDMI ports are used for switching sources to tv for playback. All sources need to have control set to on. By doing this it will select sound and picture and switch inputs on sound bar to the input 2 on tv and use the tv as a monitor source. There is no need for the receiver at all. Hope that helps.
post #21 of 33 Old 05-01-2020, 08:13 PM

I have 5 HDMI sources plus a component (Wii). The AVR does a slightly better job upscaling video than the tv. The tv has only 3 free HDMI inputs. I could get rid of the AVR if I could use both the tv and the bar inputs. But right now I cannot figure out how to get the bar inputs to stay selected properly, nor do I know why the audio seems to suck sometimes through ARC.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
post #22 of 33 Old 05-10-2020, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Reading with interest.

Love the look of both the soundbar and the sub, but wish the sub was wired.

Does it work pretty well? No dropouts? Stays connected, etc...?
post #23 of 33 Old 05-12-2020, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter
Gov
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terzinator View Post
Reading with interest.

Love the look of both the soundbar and the sub, but wish the sub was wired.

Does it work pretty well? No dropouts? Stays connected, etc...?

I have had zero dropout issue thus far.
post #24 of 33 Old 05-12-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I have had zero dropout issue thus far.
Mine has had zero issues, nice looking and nice sound
post #25 of 33 Old 05-12-2020, 12:55 PM

I have also had zero dropouts. Once I finally figured everything out (and this did take quite a while) I have been very happy. Here is an update on the issues I had before and how I resolved.

No audio through ARC. During my fiddling this happened to me once. The TV (10-year-old Samsung plasma) had CEC enabled and yet for some reason decided to stop sending sound via ARC. I unplugged the TV and the HK briefly and this solved the issue.

Getting Dolby and DTS audio rather than PCM. My old plasma is evidently incapable of sending anything through ARC other than 2-channel PCM. The documentation is vague about this. My 10-year-old AVR's HDMI passthru also appears to render everything to PCM, which I did not expect. The bar only seems to accept 2-channel PCM even through HDMI in, which surprised me (has anyone found evidence to the contrary?). Setting my DVD player, DVR, and NAS to output bitstream specifically and plugging them to the HDMI inputs got everything to work. I now see "Dolby Digital" or "DTS" in the bar's display instead of "PCM".

Surround sound from Roku Ultra 4k. Right now I am stuck with 2-channel PCM from my Roku, at least for Netflix and Movies Anywhere. These services stream Dolby Digital+, and the Roku is incapable of extracting the regular Dolby Digital stream. So plugging the Roku into the soundbar yields only 2-channel PCM. Until I get a new TV that understands DD+ and can extract DD from it (and send that via ARC or optical), I am stuck.

Soundbar switching inputs (usually to HDMI ARC) spuriously. CEC is the path to madness, IMHO. I spent sooooo many hours trying to get my Harmony remote to be able to deterministically switch the bar to the correct input. No matter what I did, the bar would decide at various points to switch to some other one, usually HDMI ARC. To solve my issues, I had to disable CEC on every device. Disabling CEC on the TV means no ARC, so I switched to optical. But this did get rid of the bar's annoying tendency to switch to HDMI ARC most (but not all) of the time it switched on. I also had to disable CEC on my Roku, which apparently has a feature that when you hit an arrow key, it sends a CEC signal to switch devices to whatever input it thinks it is connected to. Once I did all of this, the bar now remembers it's previous input 100% of the time. Yay!

Use of presets to choose inputs. To make input selection even more reliable, I used the preset functionality. One issue with the Harmony is that it has to keep track of what input the bar is on in order to switch inputs. It does input switching by sending the "Source" command to the bar which cycles through the inputs. Thus, it has to keep track of what input it thinks the bar is on, and this can get out of sync if you ever set the input manually. However, if you set Preset1 to be source HDMI 1, for example, then you can program the Harmony remote to use Preset1 as the command for HDMI 1. This way, the Harmony no longer has to keep track of inputs.

As long as the new TV I get works well with the soundbar, I will keep it. The sound is wonderful. I sometimes turn the base down 1 notch if it starts overwhelming the dialogue (both for movies and regular TV viewing), but that is the extent that I have had to fiddle with it. I have also noticed that despite the bar being underneath the TV, the sound for dialogue actually seems like it is coming from the TV. Does anybody else notice this? The effect is pretty neat. The bar seems to localize the sound perfectly for people speaking on my 55" TV. So even though there is no height encoding in the audio format, the wizards at HK did add some vertical directionality to the setup.

I too had considered the Sony HT-Z9F for it's complete audio format support, and eARC support. I have not heard it, but I do not see how 3 puny drivers can compete with the 13 on the Enchant 1300.
post #26 of 33 Old 05-13-2020, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofongo View Post

I too had considered the Sony HT-Z9F for it's complete audio format support, and eARC support. I have not heard it, but I do not see how 3 puny drivers can compete with the 13 on the Enchant 1300.
It can't. I owned the Sony HT-Z9F before buying the Enchant 1300 combo. No comparison for sound especially music. "BUT" the Sony does have a advantage with eARC and a complete audio format support and a good OSD.

I have a new Sony X950G tv and the Sony HT-Z9f worked flawless with it. There made to work together and it's one of the best pairing out there. That's the one short coming of the Enchant 1300. it's a little behind on features and technolgy. Really the best thing you can do is upgrade your TV 1st. It's definitely your weak link.

With all the new soundbars coming out this year with eARC i would buy a TV and soundbar that both support eARC. It solves many issues people have with connections and sound problems!!

post #27 of 33 Old 05-13-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKSKYDANCER View Post
I have a new Sony X950G tv and the Sony HT-Z9f worked flawless with it. There made to work together and it's one of the best pairing out there. That's the one short coming of the Enchant 1300. it's a little behind on features and technolgy. Really the best thing you can do is upgrade your TV 1st. It's definitely your weak link.

With all the new soundbars coming out this year with eARC i would buy a TV and soundbar that both support eARC. It solves many issues people have with connections and sound problems!!
I agree a lot of my issues are with old hardware. And also HK was a bit shortsighted in format support, especially no 5.1 LPCM for HDMI inputs. I plan on getting a new TV within the return window for the Enchant. If it doesn't play well with the TV I will return it. Barring that, though, I will keep it and enjoy awesome sound.
post #28 of 33 Old 06-02-2020, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[/quote]
I agree a lot of my issues are with old hardware. And also HK was a bit shortsighted in format support, especially no 5.1 LPCM for HDMI inputs. I plan on getting a new TV within the return window for the Enchant. If it doesn't play well with the TV I will return it. Barring that, though, I will keep it and enjoy awesome sound.[/QUOTE]

I just got my HK Enchant 1300 (w/sub) as well and am trying to set it up with the Harmony Hub. I got the soundbar working through ARC (Xbox One X and Directv box are connected to HDMI inputs on TV). I’m thinking about setting up the harmony to control the soundbar directly though. There’s a currently a delay for volume adjustments through ARC, which is going to be annoying. If I connect straight to the HDMI inputs on the soundbar I feel like that’s a better option. Going to have to figure out these “presets” though...
post #29 of 33 Old 06-03-2020, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I created an account just to chime in on this thread. I got the Enchant 1300 + Sub a couple days ago and so far the sound has been excellent. I am no audiophile so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but the "surround" sound it tries to achieve seems to work well for me, and I have an oddly shaped room. Also connects to my xbox and plays Dolby Digital and DTS without an issue.

I have been having the same issue with the input defaulting to TV ARC every time I turn on the soundbar. I have to change the input to back to HDMI 1 every time I want to watch TV which is a real pain. I have been thinking of just connecting my xbox directly to the TV and then back to the soundbar via arc just so that I don't have to change the input every time. Not an ideal solution.

But the biggest issue I've been having is constant "WiFi Failed" messages, and then "WiFi Connected" messages. Both of these cause the picture and audio to drop for 2 to 3 seconds Has anyone else had this issue? It is super annoying and is making me consider returning it.
post #30 of 33 Old 06-03-2020, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntman69 View Post
But the biggest issue I've been having is constant "WiFi Failed" messages, and then "WiFi Connected" messages. Both of these cause the picture and audio to drop for 2 to 3 seconds Has anyone else had this issue? It is super annoying and is making me consider returning it.
Never had any issues with WiFi with the Enchant 1300. Very reliable. I would think most WiFi connection problems are with ones home system or router. Not the WiFi units themself. I have Xfinity 300Mbps + service with a Linksys EA8300 tri-band router and the Enchant 1300 connects using the faster 5Ghz band and i have never had a issue. In fact it's one of the strong points of the HK Enchant 1300 for me. My router is even in my upstairs loft and the TV and soundbar are down stairs in the living room. I have about 10 things connected to the Linksys via WiFi in my house and all work very well. Never had any drop outs or connection problems with anything.

Also have you done all the firmware updates on your soundbar? This is the very 1st thing you should do when turning it on for the 1st time!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page