1Likes
  • 1 Post By crank2501

post #1 of 18 Old 04-23-2020, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lg sn11rg

It looks like this is available to order on the LG website. I wonder how this will compare to the JBL 9.1? It’s $700 more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-02-2020, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had the JBL Bar 5.1. It wouldn't work with my LG B8 LED TV for more than a couple of weeks before refusing to turn on and needing to be disconnected from power, because of issues with its HDMI ARC, which means I won't buy from them again unless I switch TV brands. I had three different replacement units and all had the same issue!

Assuming you don't have that problem, I personally found detaching and reattaching the rear speakers from the main unit all the time was a bit of a hassle. Yes, you can leave them permanently plugged into power but then you need to manually turn them on every time. That whole process seemed counterintuitive to the trend of convenience - having to physically do that each time (and the JBL 9.1 rear speakers are even heavier than the 5.1) made viewing was almost like the old days where there were no remote controls!

When it did work it was nice - the subwoofer is great (and huge!) but the rear speakers aren't enormously powerful.
I think it would have a niche with rooms where you can't get power to rear speakers.

Ky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckdogg7 View Post
It looks like this is available to order on the LG website. I wonder how this will compare to the JBL 9.1? It’s $700 more.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-02-2020, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That said , JBL has more power. Website specs show 60w satellites and 300w subwoofer vs the LG 50w satellites and 200w woofer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ky View Post
I had the JBL Bar 5.1. It wouldn't work with my LG B8 LED TV for more than a couple of weeks before refusing to turn on and needing to be disconnected from power, because of issues with its HDMI ARC, which means I won't buy from them again unless I switch TV brands. I had three different replacement units and all had the same issue!

Assuming you don't have that problem, I personally found detaching and reattaching the rear speakers from the main unit all the time was a bit of a hassle. Yes, you can leave them permanently plugged into power but then you need to manually turn them on every time. That whole process seemed counterintuitive to the trend of convenience - having to physically do that each time (and the JBL 9.1 rear speakers are even heavier than the 5.1) made viewing was almost like the old days where there were no remote controls!

When it did work it was nice - the subwoofer is great (and huge!) but the rear speakers aren't enormously powerful.
I think it would have a niche with rooms where you can't get power to rear speakers.

Ky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckdogg7 View Post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Does this have HDMI 2.1?
post #5 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Talker View Post
Does this have HDMI 2.1?
yes, it's supposed to have hdmi 2.1.
post #6 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surforia View Post
yes, it's supposed to have hdmi 2.1.
I guess ill find out next week, just ordered one.

Really hope it does.
post #7 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 10:30 AM

Nvm LG finally got back to me and sadly they do not come with HDMI 2.1.

So now my question. I have the CX and since it doesnt do DTS passthrough via Earc to get 4k at 120hz (if at all possible) I was going to plug stuff into my soundbar, but now I cant. So would i need to buy an AVR with HDMI 2.1 and plug everything through that?'
post #8 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Nvm LG finally got back to me and sadly they do not come with HDMI 2.1.

So now my question. I have the CX and since it doesnt do DTS passthrough via Earc to get 4k at 120hz (if at all possible) I was going to plug stuff into my soundbar, but now I cant. So would i need to buy an AVR with HDMI 2.1 and plug everything through that?'
Their website says it has 2.1. Look at the picture towards the bottom just above the description of eARC: https://www.lg.com/us/home-audio/lg-sn11rg-sound-bar#
post #9 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 11:21 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Their website says it has 2.1. Look at the picture towards the bottom just above the description of eARC: https://www.lg.com/us/home-audio/lg-sn11rg-sound-bar#
Just checked out the owners manual on LG's site and they definitely do not support 2.1 going by the HDMI output specs. What a disappointment.
post #10 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sininspira View Post
Just checked out the owners manual on LG's site and they definitely do not support 2.1 going by the HDMI output specs. What a disappointment.
Wow, that sucks. That pic on their website is totally false advertising.
post #11 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 02:23 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Wow, that sucks. That pic on their website is totally false advertising.
Yeah, LG is really dropping the ball this time around. First the CX/GX 48Gbps fiasco and now this.

Attached the HDMI port specs from the SN11RG manual. It could very well be a mistake as well, but we won't know for sure until people start getting them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	122
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	2723246  
post #12 of 18 Old 05-09-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sininspira View Post
Yeah, LG is really dropping the ball this time around. First the CX/GX 48Gbps fiasco and now this.

Attached the HDMI port specs from the SN11RG manual. It could very well be a mistake as well, but we won't know for sure until people start getting them.
So the Canadian LG website does list it as 2.1 so i called them back to ask why one of their reps said No.

I don't think they have any idea whats going on. The new person said "Uh it looks like its listed with it, lemme check the owner's manual."

5 minutes later. "Yes sir it does not come with HDMI 2.1."

Between this and the CX garbage I dunno whats going on over there.

I then made further calls and got 5 answers says No it comes with 2.0 and 4 saying it came with 2.1.

Guess we'll see, but its a little ridiculous. Unless the Canadian and US versions are different for some silly reason?
post #13 of 18 Old 05-12-2020, 05:53 PM

So i got my SN11RG today. How do I check if it has hdmi 2.1? it doesnt have anything on the box or in the packaging or on the soundbar indicating hdmi 2.1.
post #14 of 18 Old 05-21-2020, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
So i got my SN11RG today. How do I check if it has hdmi 2.1? it doesnt have anything on the box or in the packaging or on the soundbar indicating hdmi 2.1.
Did you ever figure out if it was HDMI 2.1? Is it an eARC and Dolby Vision soundbar?
post #15 of 18 Old 05-22-2020, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 5
How much was is on the Canadian website, tried looking for the price to order but couldn’t find it. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #16 of 18 Old 05-28-2020, 11:34 PM

Liked: 3
post #17 of 18 Old 05-28-2020, 11:41 PM

Liked: 3
post #18 of 18 Old Today, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Can anyone(who had them both) make a comparison with Q90r from Samsung? I'm interested into sound quality for movies plus Atmos experience.
Will it worth an upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page