Does LG SN11RG have HDMI 2.1? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-08-2020, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Does LG SN11RG have HDMI 2.1?

Does the LG SN11RG have HDMI 2.1? I cant find this anywhere, unless im blind, which is possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-08-2020, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Nvm LG finally got back to me and they do not.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-08-2020, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

So now my question. I have the CX and since it doesnt do DTS passthrough via Earc to get 4k at 120hz (if at all possible) I was going to plug stuff into my soundbar, but now I cant. So would i need to buy an AVR with HDMI 2.1 and plug everything through that?'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-11-2020, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Talker View Post
Nvm LG finally got back to me and they do not.
Hm.. It's right there on LG's website (HDMI 2.1). Plus they support EARC (which, I know doesn't need 2.1, just the other way around).
But by all accounts, it's an HDMI 2.1 (and HDCP 2.2) bar..
post #5 of 8 Old 05-12-2020, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Osers View Post
Hm.. It's right there on LG's website (HDMI 2.1). Plus they support EARC (which, I know doesn't need 2.1, just the other way around).
But by all accounts, it's an HDMI 2.1 (and HDCP 2.2) bar..
So i got my SN11RG today. How do I check if it has hdmi 2.1? it doesnt have anything on the box or in the packaging or on the soundbar indicating hdmi 2.1.

Asking because 5/10 lg reps said it does NOT and the other 5 said it does. If there is a way to check id love to actually find out lol.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-23-2020, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
So i got my SN11RG today. How do I check if it has hdmi 2.1? it doesnt have anything on the box or in the packaging or on the soundbar indicating hdmi 2.1.

Asking because 5/10 lg reps said it does NOT and the other 5 said it does. If there is a way to check id love to actually find out lol.

This is not meant to be dismissive or mean-spirited in any way. I think the fastest and (for now) the most informed way to know is to read the manual. Everything else is marketing speak and depends on the knowledge level of the person. The manual is at least heavily influenced and written from the information the engineers who built the thing supplied. For now it is the best source of information because there haven't been any updates to come down the pipeline that might have it out of sync with its documentation yet.

The HDMI "2.1" is a bit of a misnomer and they are trying to clean it up with this revision. Instead of companies claiming "We have HDMI 2.0!" when in reality they just have a handshake or something, this time the coalition has "2.1" broken up into features. The soundbar has eArc. That is a HDMI 2.1 feature. But, it may not have a variable refresh rate programmed for gaming consoles, which is ALSO an HDMI 2.1 feature.

The feature set has expanded so greatly that it may not make financial sense for everything that connects through HDMI to have every HDMI 2.1 feature.

If you still need help with this, let me know. I was interested in this soundbar system myself because I got an LG TV.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-24-2020, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

More importantly, how does it actually sound and what can you compare it to? Thanks in advance.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-24-2020, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

More importantly, how does it actually sound and what can you compare it to? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page