Soundbar connecting question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-16-2020, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Soundbar connecting question

Hey everyone. I have a question/concern. I have an older soundbar set up. It's a samsung one from about 3-4 years ago. I have it connected to my KS8000 via the arc port.

Now my question/dilemma is this. I want to get a new sound system, and it will most likely be a soundbar due to the way my living room is set up with my back wall and tv placement. I can't really have a surround sound set up due to where the seating position is in relation to the tv, because of how the walls are set. I'm researching stand alone sound bars and watching YouTube videos on people reviewing them. Most review sites talk about how the soundbars have multiple HDMI inputs 1 being for arc/e-arc, and the others for you to plug your game consoles into. Here's where I'm a little confused. What's the point of putting the game consoles directly into the soundbar HDMI?

With my set up right now I have my soundbar arc into my TV, and I have my game console connected via HDMI into my One-connect box. The soundbar still outputs my audio for my game console and all the codecs are still supported. So again, why connect the console to the Soundbar, when you can just connect it to your TV since you have audio through the ARC channel and it works for all sources?

Am I missing something here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-17-2020, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 191
I think you are on the right track, the other inputs on the soundbar are for people that don't have ARC option on their TV.

Music, more music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page