Soundbar for 65CX Help/Recommendations/Opinion - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mofongo

post #1 of 4 Old 05-20-2020, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Soundbar for 65CX Help/Recommendations/Opinion

Hey all,

Looking for a soundbar to pair with my CX oled. Because my TV is not mounted, and on a console, this limits my options a bit, as pretty much anything will block the bottom of the TV and the IR sensor. I am thinking anything 2.5" and under should be ok, so that leaves me with the options below. I would have loved to get the q80r, but its over 3" tall, and wouldnt work for me. I have a 2019 shield I will be passing through it for uncompressed sound, so the bar needs to be able to pass DV. I also love deep, rumbling bass, so if anyone can comment on that aspect of the below, it would be appreciated.

1. Sony HTZ9F
2. Samsung Q70R
3. LG SN8YG

The LG is the shortest, and since the TV is LG, maybe they will play nicer together? Anyone own any of these and can share their experiences? Thank you.

Any other recommendations would be welcomed as well.

LG 65CX l 2019 NVIDIA Shield Pro l PS4 Pro l Nintendo Switch

Last edited by saiyanzzrage; 05-20-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-20-2020, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a 65" CX and a Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 soundbar that is 2.6" high. I had some leftover slotted hardwood pieces from a previous project that was 0.5" thick. I connected enough of the boards together to form a solid base for the TV (including the sound deflection shield that sticks out the front which actually helps stabilize the tv). This raised it up sufficiently such that the bottom of the TV bezel is the exact height of the top of the Enchant. It looks great, and an added bonus I can route the soundbar cables underneath the TV.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-20-2020, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofongo View Post
I have a 65" CX and a Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 soundbar that is 2.6" high. I had some leftover slotted hardwood pieces from a previous project that was 0.5" thick. I connected enough of the boards together to form a solid base for the TV (including the sound deflection shield that sticks out the front which actually helps stabilize the tv). This raised it up sufficiently such that the bottom of the TV bezel is the exact height of the top of the Enchant. It looks great, and an added bonus I can route the soundbar cables underneath the TV.

Thanks for the reply...any chance I can get a photo of the wood and wires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 65CX l 2019 NVIDIA Shield Pro l PS4 Pro l Nintendo Switch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2020, 03:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Here you go. The boards support the entirety of the weight bearing part of the stand. I was afraid the boards might be able to slide along the surface of the entertainment center, even with that much weight, so I used some of the grippy material that keeps rugs from slipping.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
saiyanzzrage likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page