Will the LG OLED downmiix DD+ to DD? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-21-2020, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all,

I’m about to buy an LG CX and a Sonos beam 3.1 Soundbar to go with it. I’m learning that Netflix and other streaming apps use Dolby digital plus. The Sonos beam only accepts Dolby digital, so the DD+ from Netflix needs to be downcoverted by the TV to DD to pass 5.1 sound to the Sonos beam. Could anyone tell me if the LG will do that? It’s an issue for me as my hearing isn’t too good so I need the central channel to work for dialogue, which would not be possible if the setup just downmixes to 2.1.

Last edited by andykara2003; 05-21-2020 at 02:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-21-2020, 02:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by andykara2003 View Post
Hi all,

I’m about to buy an LG CX and a Sonos beam 3.1 Soundbar to go with it. I’m learning that Netflix and other streaming apps use Dolby digital plus. The Sonos beam only accepts Dolby digital, so the DD+ from Netflix needs to be downcoverted by the TV to DD to pass 5.1 sound to the Sonos beam. Could anyone tell me if the LG will do that? It’s an issue for me as my hearing isn’t too good so I need the central channel to work for dialogue, which would not be possible if the setup just downmixes to 2.1.
Yes

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
post #3 of 3 Old 05-22-2020, 01:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yes. I have the CX and a HK Enchant soundbar that only accepts DD. The TV transcodes to DD+ from my Roku and from the internal streaming apps into DD before sending to the bar. This works over HDMI ARC and optical.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page