1Likes
  • 1 Post By danasingleton91

post #1 of 8 Old 05-26-2020, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Best sound for the money?

Hi everyone! I’m really close to making a decision on my new soundbar, just wanted some last minute opinions and advice before pulling the trigger.

Here’s what I’m leaning towards:
Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 + Sub
$728 bundle from Crutchfield

Anything else in that price range that would be a better choice? Definitely want a sub. I am more interested in the performance for music than movies. Not really concerned about Atmos because I have extremely tall ceilings.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-27-2020, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Enchant 1300 owners, is the volume output sufficient?? That’s probably the biggest complaint I’ve seen is that it doesn’t get “loud enough.”
post #3 of 8 Old 05-28-2020, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
If you want loud you need to go bigger. 2" speakers in the enchant won't cut it. Here is a much bigger passive speaker bar.
https://www.parts-express.com/bic-fo...ystem--303-442

Pair it with your choice of receiver in the $250-$300 range and you have bigger speakers with more real world power not the manufacturers inflated marketing claims. Add a decent inexpensive sub and you have something much more capable that will play louder. you can even add a wireless sub transmitter/receiver if it is not possible to wire the sub. It's not an all in one like the Enchant but a much more capable set up overall for about the same price.

You cal always try the 1300 and if it doesn't meet your needs you can return it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-28-2020, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Interesting. Looks like some great reviews on that BIC. I’ll have to look into that option a little further.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-28-2020, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Just placed my order for the Enchant 1300 with subwoofer!! Very excited. Will share my experience when it arrives.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-02-2020, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

The Enchant 1300 with Subwoofer came today! I didn’t have a ton of time to play with it, but was very impressed with the initial sound quality. Dialogue seems very clear.

Right now, I’m not sure if it’s best to run my Xbox One X and Directv box straight to the soundbar or to the TV. Also, I have a Logitech Harmony Hub and I was having issues getting the soundbar and hub to work together but I may just need more time. Also, the Bluetooth connection was horrible. I can’t play anything without it cutting in and out, even with my phone close to the soundbar. Hopefully those issues will get smoothed out this week.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-03-2020, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by danasingleton91 View Post
The Enchant 1300 with Subwoofer came today! I didn’t have a ton of time to play with it, but was very impressed with the initial sound quality. Dialogue seems very clear.

Right now, I’m not sure if it’s best to run my Xbox One X and Directv box straight to the soundbar or to the TV. Also, I have a Logitech Harmony Hub and I was having issues getting the soundbar and hub to work together but I may just need more time. Also, the Bluetooth connection was horrible. I can’t play anything without it cutting in and out, even with my phone close to the soundbar. Hopefully those issues will get smoothed out this week.
Did you do the lastest firmware updates on the soundbar when you 1st got it up and running?

(Living Room) Sony XBR65X950G 4K TV, Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 & HK Enchant subwoofer, Sony UHP-H1 SACD & Panasonic DP-UB420 4K BD players.

(Garage) Sherwood RX-4105 Receiver, Samsung DVD/CD player, Klipsch 2.5 med oak speakers
post #8 of 8 Old 06-04-2020, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKSKYDANCER View Post

Did you do the lastest firmware updates on the soundbar when you 1st got it up and running?
Yes I did. Turns out the Bluetooth connection issue is with my iPhone (my wife’s works just fine).

I’m second guessing the soundbar now, wishing I got one with AirPlay. It sounds good for tv and movies, but I really care about the music sound quality and prefer to stream from my phone. Airplay would have been the best option.
RKSKYDANCER likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page