Power Extender Issue - Samsung HW-F350 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-27-2020, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Power Extender Issue - Samsung HW-F350

Good morning, new to the forum and hoping someone can help me!

I have recently moved home and have wall mounted my TV and sound bar for the first time, this involved routing all of the cables through the wall so that they are not on show. I have routed the power supply for my sound bar through the wall but unfortunately there is not enough slack to pull the cable through due to the power bank that is on the cable. This means that the sound bar power lead is about 10-15cm short to reach the sound bar location. In hindsight I should’ve pulled through an extension lead for all power rather than routing everything individually!

I am now in a position where I have all of the equipment mounted on the wall, no room within the wall to pull through more cables and nobody to help with the removal of the TV from the wall. The best solution is to extend the sound bar power lead (Samsung HW-F350). I originally purchased the below without properly checking that they would fit –

5.5 x 2.1mm Right Angled DC Power Male Female 1m Extension
5.5 x 2.5mm Right Angled DC Power Male Female 1m Extension

The power supply is actually 6.5mm with 4.4mm centre as far as I can tell. To make this work I either need the equivalent of the above in this size OR 2 x adaptors to convert what I have already purchased.

Does anyone know if these are available, and where? I have looked through a few websites but can't find anything suitable.

Any help would be really appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-01-2020, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone?
post #3 of 3 Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally9 View Post
Anyone?

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/...connectors/435

just make sure your extension cable has a the right gauge wire for safety. Thicker is better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page