Deciding between B&W Formation Bar and MartinLogan Cadence - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-02-2020, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Deciding between B&W Formation Bar and MartinLogan Cadence

I want a powered soundbar for my living room with 3.0 channels without a separate subwoofer. The TV is for casual viewing and I care more about aesthetics than having a separate subwoofer and surround speakers and I am content with high quality stereo with OK bass rather than paying for poor quality ATMOS or simulated surround sound. Basically I have some money to burn and want the best standalone sound bar. I found the B&W Formation Bar and MartinLogan Cadence but I'm having trouble choosing between them.

The B&W only has optical input but has 3 forward facing channels, each channel with two 2.5" and one 1" speakers.

The MartinLogan has HDMI and can be mounted above TV, below TV, and on a table (where it is placed flat instead of upright) and has 3 channels with 3 speakers each. The strange thing is all 3 speakers in each channel are the same size and pointed in different directions and I have a suspicion that only 1 speaker in each channel is active in any mounting position, based on which speaker is facing the viewer.

What are your opinions and I'm also open to other soundbar suggestions.Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-02-2020, 11:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3579 Post(s)
Liked: 3393
https://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/media-4/review

By all accounts, this has excellent sound, but a few quirks in the usability department, which may or may not bother you. The requirement that the soundbar have a built-in sub does limit your choices quite a bit.

Here's another option:

https://www.amazon.com/ZVOX-SB500-Su...1207868&sr=8-4

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 06-03-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page