Soundbar vs Sony X950H (Acoustic Multi-Audio) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aslan

post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2020, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Location: White Bear Lake, MN ----- CUSL2C, P3/1.0, 256Mb, HiPix, A2496, D50Q, Stewert 1.3g, Denon 3801,
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Soundbar vs Sony X950H (Acoustic Multi-Audio)

This is for our master bedroom so not looking for something exceptional but do want it to at least be pleasing (if that's a nebulous enough definition :-) Wondering if I should fork out $180 for 950H over the 950G (diff appears to mostly be audio and frame color) and skip the soundbar. Both have Acoustic Multi-Audio. 950H adds: Sound Positioning Tweeter, X-Balanced Speaker.

Or much better off just sticking w/ a sound bar that is slightly more expensive and less aesthetically appealing to my wife.

Thanks,
AMRivlin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-03-2020, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 938 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
This is for our master bedroom so not looking for something exceptional but do want it to at least be pleasing (if that's a nebulous enough definition :-) Wondering if I should fork out $180 for 950H over the 950G (diff appears to mostly be audio and frame color) and skip the soundbar. Both have Acoustic Multi-Audio. 950H adds: Sound Positioning Tweeter, X-Balanced Speaker.

Or much better off just sticking w/ a sound bar that is slightly more expensive and less aesthetically appealing to my wife.

Thanks,
I don't care how good the center speaker is on the Sony, you need a center channel that matches your main left and right front speakers. In fact if you want a satisfactory surround system that you can enjoy, all speakers need to have the same drivers.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-05-2020, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Location: White Bear Lake, MN ----- CUSL2C, P3/1.0, 256Mb, HiPix, A2496, D50Q, Stewert 1.3g, Denon 3801,
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 20
This would be in place of all other audio, not just the center channel. E.G., ALL audio would come from the 950H.

BTW, the sound bar would be a Paradigm Décor 1SC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-05-2020, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
The Paradigm Decor is a great sound bar but it really needs a subwoofer. Will you be using a sub? The Decor will definitely sound better than the Sony TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page