HDfury ARCANA -- eARC adapter for Sonos ARC and Bose 700 Soundbars - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 71Likes

post #61 of 136 Old 06-21-2020, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post

Yes that is good diagram, however, i would recommend using AUDIO OUT for going to ARCANA > SONOS ARC, this way you can keep OUTPUT2 for another 4K display or other equipment if needed.
Also by using AUDIO OUT connection you can ensure that if TV have ARC/eARC support you can also forward TV APPS sound to SONOS ARC this way, while if you use HDMI AUDIO/VIDEO OUTPUT2, then you will only have full audio from HDMI external sources but no sound from TV APPS.

Just a heads up; I updated the diagram in the first post to reflect the use of the HDMI audio out on the Vertex 2 instead of the Full HDMI Out 2.
HDfury likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 136 Old 06-21-2020, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
How seamlessly should we expect the combination of the Vertex 2 + Arcana to work?

What I mean is, will the inputs automatically swap when a signal is detected?

I currently use an 2018 Sony Q8, Sonos ARC, Apple TV 4K, DirecTV box, and have a Logitech One remote. Sometimes we use the One remote but sometimes just the Apple TV remote.

Is the Vertex another step in the process that needs to be programmed and then changed by the remote every time the input changes? Or does it just swap automatically behind the scenes?

I am hesitant to introduce additional component(s) into the mix to get Atmos as everything “just works” now and I can imagine the challenges for my wife and kids if there is an opportunity it’s for things to get out of sync.

Thanks for the help!

Last question on price - are you considering a Vertex 2/Arcana package at a discount or where there be a better/cheaper package with a different HDFury splitter? Reliability and ease of use as mentioned above is my priority but a $400 price tag for Atmos (depending on the Arcana price) is going to be hard to justify versus a new TV.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furqan8421 View Post
I think the confusion for me (and perhaps for others) is that the HDMI splitter one uses must have a matrix out with 2 separate HDMI outputs.

As stated, the TV’️s built in ARC output cannot be changed. Whatever signal it passes out is the signal it passes out.. so the arcana must be connected prior to any television connection

So the easiest way for those with multiple devices is to have a multi in/multi out splitter. If this splitter itself supports an Atmos pass through then the arcana will be able to “trick” the Sonos into thinking it is connected to an eArc port and then output any atmos content as appropriate

Just my understanding anyway
A splitter by definition is always at least 1 in / 2 out or it is not a splitter, so you need a splitter with X number of inputs based on the number of sources you want to connect to it.
We have 1 in / 2 out, 2 in / 2 out and 4 in / 3 out available and you can find some starting from 20$ on amazon, if you are lucky and ready to buy / return in case of problem, you might find one working for the task at such price tag.
If you have HDMI2.0B source and HDMI20.0B display, then use HDMI2.0B splitter and it will support atmos and all needed format. There is of course lot of issues on many cheap splitters from amazon, like some do not support 422, some do not support dolby MAT, etc.. That's the kind of hassle you must be ready to face when you are going with the cheap brands on amazon.

Quote:
Where I get confused (sorry am not able to see how to edit prior post).. is that as stated this device would rely upon devices with HDMI audio output. As these devices get their audio extracted prior to connecting to television, what would need to be connected to the TV’️s ARC port?

The Sonos would presumably be connected to the splitter and not directly to the television?
No this device won't rely on HDMI AUDIO OUTPUT, if you have one source with AUDIO OUT (like some UHD BR player) then it can work at the source audio out directly and there is no need of anything else.
If you have more than one source to handle or if your source does not have any audio out, then you need a splitter.

And if you have a TV with ARC and you want TV ARC sound to SONOS ARC and Full Audio from External HDMI source, then you have 2 options:

1) Use Diva/Maestro/Diva with ARCANA

2) Use any Splitter with ARCANA + SHARC from thenaudio.com (SHARC will take ARC from TV and forward to splitter input which will then go to SONOS ARC), later we will have ARC-Key available which is similar to SHARC.
HurricaneGio likes this.
post #63 of 136 Old 06-21-2020, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Yes sure, that will work just fine !
Thanks for replying. What's the indicative price and how do I sign up to be informed when it launches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 136 Old 06-21-2020, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
One more perhaps silly question. If the Sonos is not otherwise connected to the ARC HDMI port of the television, how would volume be controlled?

As far as the television is concerned there is not any sound bar nor speakers attached, so I am not clear how volume would be controlled via TV remote.

Perhaps I am over complicating things.
post #65 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 02:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
I haven't used the Sonos ARC yet but the Playbar learns your TV's remote control so volume can be controlled with your TV remote. The Sonos ARC I know has an optical adapter and I would bet it can learn the remote like the Playbar for people using it with TVs that don't ARC/eARC. I would also guess that it has a simulated Atmos effect for sources that aren't Atmos or if you have an older TV and using optical or your TV is not capable of DD+ for Atmos content.
post #66 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is this initially only going to be shipped in the US? Or will it be available in EU too?
post #67 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synomenon View Post
Just a heads up; I updated the diagram in the first post to reflect the use of the HDMI audio out on the Vertex 2 instead of the Full HDMI Out 2.
Awesome diagram. You may want to clarify "TV ARC Port" in the diagram since customers that already have a TV with an eARC port won't be looking for this solution.
Synomenon likes this.
post #68 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 711 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5623 Post(s)
Liked: 1702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennypacker9 View Post
How seamlessly should we expect the combination of the Vertex 2 + Arcana to work?

What I mean is, will the inputs automatically swap when a signal is detected?

I currently use an 2018 Sony Q8, Sonos ARC, Apple TV 4K, DirecTV box, and have a Logitech One remote. Sometimes we use the One remote but sometimes just the Apple TV remote.

Is the Vertex another step in the process that needs to be programmed and then changed by the remote every time the input changes? Or does it just swap automatically behind the scenes?

I am hesitant to introduce additional component(s) into the mix to get Atmos as everything “just works” now and I can imagine the challenges for my wife and kids if there is an opportunity it’s for things to get out of sync.

Thanks for the help!

Last question on price - are you considering a Vertex 2/Arcana package at a discount or where there be a better/cheaper package with a different HDFury splitter? Reliability and ease of use as mentioned above is my priority but a $400 price tag for Atmos (depending on the Arcana price) is going to be hard to justify versus a new TV.
You can use autoswitch or you can use your TV remote or your Logitech remote to switch inputs.

Yes we will offer combo deal, however you can also just use ARCANA with any 20$ splitter from amazon if you find one working well enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Beh View Post
Thanks for replying. What's the indicative price and how do I sign up to be informed when it launches?
Approx 100$ for pre order, approx 149$ when pre order is over and unit start shipping, this is not yet 100% sure. but should be close to this.

Quote:
One more perhaps silly question. If the Sonos is not otherwise connected to the ARC HDMI port of the television, how would volume be controlled?

As far as the television is concerned there is not any sound bar nor speakers attached, so I am not clear how volume would be controlled via TV remote.

Perhaps I am over complicating things.
SONOS can learn IR from any remote, so no problem for that (link posted previously)
If you want to keep CEC working for volume control you can use SHARC from thenaudio.com or our upcoming ARC-Key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhitk View Post
Is this initially only going to be shipped in the US? Or will it be available in EU too?
We ship from Taiwan, resellers will stock worldwide.

Quote:
Awesome diagram. You may want to clarify "TV ARC Port" in the diagram since customers that already have a TV with an eARC port won't be looking for this solution.
Yes correct, i would wrote eARC/ARC or non eARC/ARC
because from people feedback , there is lipsync issue via eARC which our device will correct as well, so there is still a use case for eARC.

I would also wrote that Vertex2/Diva/Maestro is suitable not only Vertex2.

And of course if you don't need to retrieve eARC or ARC, then any spliiter can work as well (as long as it is not total crap and does not make issue on its own)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #69 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I am getting Atmos sound with LG apps.
Apple TV only 5.1.
So if I can find a splitter to work with this new Arcana dongle that great. $400 plus the dongle is much just for Atmos sound via Apple TV or Bluray. I can stream when it important.
Not sure I need Atmos as well all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #70 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My situation: Have an LG C7 with a Sonos Arc 5.1 setup connected from the TVs hdmi 2 (Arc) . I have an Xbox One X and a PS4 pro connected and everything works well except the lip sync issue. The TVs app however has no lip sync issues. So for me to fix this problem with the X1X and PS4 lip sync issue I would need to buy the Arcana with a splitter, correct? Might be too pricey with the $400 splitter HDFury offers so is there an alternative to this that anyone can recommend for a splitter?
post #71 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
You can use autoswitch or you can use your TV remote or your Logitech remote to switch inputs.

Yes we will offer combo deal, however you can also just use ARCANA with any 20$ splitter from amazon if you find one working well enough.

Approx 100$ for pre order, approx 149$ when pre order is over and unit start shipping, this is not yet 100% sure. but should be close to this.

SONOS can learn IR from any remote, so no problem for that (link posted previously)
If you want to keep CEC working for volume control you can use SHARC from thenaudio.com or our upcoming ARC-Key.
Thank you for the info. For what it's worth, if the package price is reasonable enough ($300 or less) I'd spring for a Vertex 2 + Arcana as soon as you are up for preorder.

I know it would be irresponsible to give a date since the product is still in development, but I'm hoping you can give me a timeframe as I have no idea how long you typically take to develop a new adapter. Are we looking at weeks from now or many months until availability?
post #72 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneGio View Post
I am getting Atmos sound with LG apps.
Apple TV only 5.1.
So if I can find a splitter to work with this new Arcana dongle that great. $400 plus the dongle is much just for Atmos sound via Apple TV or Bluray. I can stream when it important.
Not sure I need Atmos as well all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You can discuss here about cheap splitters that can work or visit our discord support server where people already posted link to cheap splitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfanac View Post
My situation: Have an LG C7 with a Sonos Arc 5.1 setup connected from the TVs hdmi 2 (Arc) . I have an Xbox One X and a PS4 pro connected and everything works well except the lip sync issue. The TVs app however has no lip sync issues. So for me to fix this problem with the X1X and PS4 lip sync issue I would need to buy the Arcana with a splitter, correct? Might be too pricey with the $400 splitter HDFury offers so is there an alternative to this that anyone can recommend for a splitter?
Well, if you use SPLITTER + ARCANA, then it will fix lipsync issue but it will also allow you to get full audio (up to atmos over true HD) to SONOS ARC from your HDMI sources.
However, then you have to play your TV APPS from external HDMI sources, because no cheap splitter will retrieve ARC and output it like our latest generation devices can do. (Diva/Vertex2/Maestro)
Or you can use SHARC from thenaudio.com for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Here's one that I found. Specs seem right, and no issues running now with my 4K Samsung. Only using Output 1 for now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0858BH479
Also make sure you have good cables and if you can, make sure you tried 18Gbps/600MHz signal such as 4K60 422 12b or 4K60 444/RGb 8b, only those 2 signals allow you to test if your splitter and/or cables are good enough for DV/LDDV and HDR from game console.

Quote:
Thank you for the info. For what it's worth, if the package price is reasonable enough ($300 or less) I'd spring for a Vertex 2 + Arcana as soon as you are up for preorder.

I know it would be irresponsible to give a date since the product is still in development, but I'm hoping you can give me a timeframe as I have no idea how long you typically take to develop a new adapter. Are we looking at weeks from now or many months until availability?
Vertex2 is 399 so you won't see a combo Vertex2 + ARCANA @ 300$, that won't happen.

Right now, we cannot say anything on availability, not because we don't have an accurate roadmap, actually we are quite confident in product release/production and anticipation in this regard, it is mainly cause some big players approached us and there is ongoing discussions that might change our plan... or not.
This is why pre order and release date are not yet available and also why we haven't updated people this week end as promised. At our current dev stage, it does not change anything for us, proto boards are underway in the meantime.
HurricaneGio likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #73 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Vertex2 is 399 so you won't see a combo Vertex2 + ARCANA @ 300$, that won't happen.

Right now, we cannot say anything on availability, not because we don't have an accurate roadmap, actually we are quite confident in product release/production and anticipation in this regard, it is mainly cause some big players approached us and there is ongoing discussions that might change our plan... or not.
This is why pre order and release date are not yet available and also why we haven't updated people this week end as promised. At our current dev stage, it does not change anything for us, proto boards are underway in the meantime.
My bad. I meant the Integral 2 which is $249. $300 for the package doesn't seem too far fetched. Fair to assume the Integral 2 will work?

re: availability - Good luck with the interest. I'm selfishly hoping that is distribution and not acquisition... otherwise I fear we might not see it for some time longer!
post #74 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My bad. I meant the Integral 2 which is $249. $300 for the package doesn't seem too far fetched. Fair to assume the Integral 2 will work?

re: availability - Good luck with the interest. I'm selfishly hoping that is distribution and not acquisition... otherwise I fear we might not see it for some time longer!
Integral2 will work as a splitter for sure, it is more likely the best splitter out there but it won't retrieve ARC and forward via HDMI output > ARCANA > SONOS, only Vertex2/Diva/Maestro can do that. (or you can add this feature with SHARC from thenaudio.com)
So using Integral2 and ARCANA, you can get full audio (up to Atmos over TRUE HD) from any of the 2 sources at inputs to > ARCANA > SONOS ARC.

re: availability - yes distribution, no worries.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-22-2020 at 06:09 PM.
post #75 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Final Arcana PCB

This is now final and going to production for some proto boards.

Size: 90x52mm

HDMI2.0b input up to 18Gbps/600MHz (SDR/HDR10/DV/LLDV - All video/audio format in existence today up to 8K30)
HDMI2.1 input / eARC output for Full Audio up to Atmos over True HD
USB type C (for power)
USB type A female (for USB stick update)
RS232 jack connector
Rotary switch for menu navigation
OLED display (for signal info and menu)

More demo videos, this time using Vertex2 audio out > Arcana concept > Sonos ARC.

First is a demo Mat Atmos from ATV4K via Vertex2 Audio Out > ARCANA concept > Sonos ARC
https://streamable.com/xj2fbf

Second is ATV4K Netflix Atmos
https://streamable.com/5fqwg6

Third is switching on the fly to LG C9 streaming app Netflix Atmos movie
https://streamable.com/n7gih7
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arcana-pcb-final.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	2747178  
Dave_O, HurricaneGio and Nick Rose like this.

post #76 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Awesome!!!
post #77 of 136 Old 06-22-2020, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

@HDfury

So apparently I'm still confused about this.

So I'm coming from a Samsung TV that had a OneConnect box (a box that connects to the TV with a proprietary cable. All of the TV's inputs and outputs are on this box). It's a godsend for wire management and convenience in connecting things. I'm trying to replicate this with my LG CX.

Correct me if any of this is wrong; To replicate the Samsung OneConnect box AND be able to send all audio including TV apps. to the Sonos ARC or Bose 700, I would need:

- HDfury Vertex 2
- HDfury ARCANA

I would connect the HDfury Vertex 2 to my LG CX's eARC port with a 6ft. 48Gbps HDMI cable then follow the diagram from post #1 for connecting the ARCANA and Sonos ARC / Bose 700 then all of my sources to the Vertex 2.

Is that right?
post #78 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 05:14 AM

Liked: 4
Quote:

So I'm coming from a Samsung TV that had a OneConnect box (a box that connects to the TV with a proprietary cable. All of the TV's inputs and outputs are on this box). It's a godsend for wire management and convenience in connecting things. I'm trying to replicate this with my LG CX.

Correct me if any of this is wrong; To replicate the Samsung OneConnect box AND be able to send all audio including TV apps. to the Sonos ARC or Bose 700, I would need:

- HDfury Vertex 2
- HDfury ARCANA

I would connect the HDfury Vertex 2 to my LG CX's eARC port with a 6ft. 48Gbps HDMI cable then follow the diagram from post

Is that right?
If you have a television with eARC it would make more sense to leverage this. This solution is primarily for people that do not have eARC available but still want Atmos from external devices such as Apple TV, Xbox etc. Your eARC on the LG TV should pass through anything coming in from the other HDMI ports.

You should be able to connect all your devices to your tv, connect Sonos Arc to the eARC port and get audio that way.

If you are looking for a single cable solution, sure, then your proposal is viable :-).

Arcana is a great solution for people that has projectors, monitors and TV's without eARC but still want atmos.
Synomenon likes this.
post #79 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Levin View Post
If you have a television with eARC it would make more sense to leverage this. This solution is primarily for people that do not have eARC available but still want Atmos from external devices such as Apple TV, Xbox etc. Your eARC on the LG TV should pass through anything coming in from the other HDMI ports.

You should be able to connect all your devices to your tv, connect Sonos Arc to the eARC port and get audio that way.

If you are looking for a single cable solution, sure, then your proposal is viable :-).

Arcana is a great solution for people that has projectors, monitors and TV's without eARC but still want atmos.
Yeah I'm more looking at the single cable solution while still passing the highest quality audio from each source.
post #80 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury

- HDfury Vertex 2
- HDfury ARCANA

I would connect the HDfury Vertex 2 to my LG CX's eARC port with a 6ft. 48Gbps HDMI cable then follow the diagram from post #1 for connecting the ARCANA and Sonos ARC / Bose 700 then all of my sources to the Vertex 2.

Is that right?
Yes that's right, unless you can find another device capable of retrieving ARC/eARC and forwarding to an AUDIO OUT where external hdmi sound full audio would go as well. (not sure if that exist except from our latest generation device: Vertex2/Diva/Maestro)
Synomenon likes this.

post #81 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Just going to wait now for a "Vertex 3" that will support 4k/120 and 8k/60 on all its ports.
post #82 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Question Do I need a splitter also?

Great thread, so I have the Sonos Arc and love it. I have a Panasonic TC-58EX750 with one arc port (HDMI 2) the Arc is connected to this port. I also have a Apple TV 4K and a Sony UHD Blu-ray player and also a Bell Satellite receiver. To get Atmos on the Apple TV and the Sony Blu-ray player would I also need a HDMI splitter before the Arcana?

Thanks for the help in this question, the answer will help me in deciding a new TV or not....
Mstothard likes this.

Western Canada
post #83 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 03:11 PM

Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caanda45 View Post
Great thread, so I have the Sonos Arc and love it. I have a Panasonic TC-58EX750 with one arc port (HDMI 2) the Arc is connected to this port. I also have a Apple TV 4K and a Sony UHD Blu-ray player and also a Bell Satellite receiver. To get Atmos on the Apple TV and the Sony Blu-ray player would I also need a HDMI splitter before the Arcana?

Thanks for the help in this question, the answer will help me in deciding a new TV or not....
Yes you would need a splitter that meets the requirements and in your current setup you should have one with 3 HDMI in minimum. If money is not an issue I would go with something like the Vertex 2, great features, you can tweak more or less anything to your liking.

Apple TV, Blu-Ray and Bell connects to the splitter > arcana > soundbar and splitter > tv and you will have atmos audio in your Sonos Arc.
Caanda45 and Mstothard like this.
post #84 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Yes you would need a splitter that meets the requirements and in your current setup you should have one with 3 HDMI in minimum. If money is not an issue I would go with something like the Vertex 2, great features, you can tweak more or less anything to your liking.

Apple TV, Blu-Ray and Bell connects to the splitter > arcana > soundbar and splitter > tv and you will have atmos audio in your Sonos Arc.
Thanks that is what I thought...at that price for the Vertex 2 and then the Arcana. I assume the prices are USD? If yes they I might as well buy a new TV. Unless I find a HDMI splitter less money than the Vertex 2. I know the quality of the Vertx 2 is fantastic, but at that prices when you convert the USD to Canadian $`S this does not make economical sense......DAMN!

Any other splitters anyone can recommend to help keep the costs reasonable?

Western Canada

Last edited by Caanda45; 06-23-2020 at 04:39 PM.
post #85 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury

- HDfury Vertex 2
- HDfury ARCANA

Is that right?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks that is what I thought...at that price for the Vertex 2 and then the Arcana. I assume the prices are USD? If yes they I might as well buy a new TV. Unless I find a HDMI splitter less money than the Vertex 2. I know the quality of the Vertx 2 is fantastic, but at that prices when you convert the USD to Canadian $`S this does not make economical sense......DAMN!

Any other splitters anyone can recommend to help keep the costs reasonable?
Actually if you only have one source, ARCANA will work out of the box as we added a video output to it, so it is doing the splitting on its own. which means that if you have several sources to handle, you can just add a switcher upfront, which are cheaper and more reliable than cheap splitter/matrix out there.

It will also give new super power to ARCANA, they are being discussed on our discord server at the moment and we will list them here in next hours.
Caanda45 and Dave_O like this.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-23-2020 at 05:07 PM.
post #86 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Actually if you only have one source, ARCANA will work out of the box as we added a video output to it, so it is doing the splitting on its own. which means that if you have several sources to handle, you can just add a switcher upfront, which are cheaper and more reliable than cheap splitter/matrix out there.
That is fantastic news, can I ask for a recommendation? I do have a I/O Gear 4Kx2K HDMI Switch that is a few years old. Is that what you mean? I `am ok to get a more up to date one if needed.

My set up is a Pansonic EX-58750 with arc on HDMI 2. So my Sonos Arc is on that HDMI and the other sources are Bell Sat/Apple TV 4K/ Sony UPB-X700 Blu-ray (HDMI 1,3 and 4). I really want Atmos out of the Apple Tv, I use that as my streamer....old man here and need some direction to get it....make it simple for me please...lol thanks for any replies!!!!

Western Canada

Last edited by Caanda45; 06-23-2020 at 06:23 PM.
post #87 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
HTML Code:
That is fantastic news, can I ask for a recommendation? I do have a I/O Gear 4Kx2K HDMI Switch that is a few years old. Is that what you mean? I `am ok to get a more up to date one if needed.

My set up is a Pansonic EX-58750 with arc on HDMI 2. So my Sonos Arc is on that HDMI and the other sources are Bell Sat/Apple TV 4K/ Sony UPB-X700 Blu-ray (HDMI 1,3 and 4). I really want Atmos out of the Apple Tv, I use that as my streamer....old man here and need some direction to get it....make it simple for me please...lol thanks for any replies!!!!
Dude the HTML quote you used for some reason is keeping this page from being resizable on mobile web browsers...
post #88 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Dude the HTML quote you used for some reason is keeping this page from being resizable on mobile web browsers...
Yes I noticed that and edited it......my bad been awhile since I have been on here!!!

Western Canada
post #89 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes I noticed that and edited it......my bad been awhile since I have been on here!!!
Lol no problem, just busting your chops.
post #90 of 136 Old 06-23-2020, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wegaboy View Post
I'm really excited about this product. I am interested in purchasing the Sonos Arc, but I am also hesitant because of my older AV setup. Hopefully the ARCANA will be the perfect solution until I upgrade my TV. I currently have an old 2013 Panasonic ST60 plasma with an HDMI ARC input. My TV is connected to an older Sony Blu-ray player, Roku Ultra, and Apple TV (3rd gen) via HDMI. With ARCANA, I should be able to connect these three devices so they will send FULL audio to the Sonos Arc without it having to pass through the HDMI ARC on the Panasonic TV, correct?
I noticed that you just added a video out to the ARCANA. With my setup and the extra output on the ARCANA, if I didn't want to mess with a switcher and only wanted Atmos audio from one of my external sources (Blu-ray player), I could just connect that one source to the new video out and leave the other two external sources connected to my TV via HDMI (see diagram). This would allow me to get full Atmos audio from my Blu-ray player and whatever audio my TV can pass through for the other two external devices (Apple TV, Roku Ultra). Am I understanding this correctly?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diagram.png
Views:	92
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	2747888  

Last edited by wegaboy; 06-23-2020 at 09:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page