Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-15-2020, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Soundbar, sync and HDMI ARC

Hi all. I’m going mad here.

I have a HW-MS550 soundbar and I really like it. It has been connected to my five year old LG TV via optical. However I notice audio sync issues. I think the sound is ahead of the video. The soundbar has a delay setting in 25ms steps, but each source of my tv varies a little bit.

So, I thought I’d connect it via HDMI ARC as I believe that should be in sync? It feels like the tv is outputting the optical audio as soon as it can, not in sync with it’s delayed video. I figured HDMI ARC would output the audio at the same time as it would it’s own speakers.

However I never get audio from the soundbar over ARC. I have set output to external speakers, changed audio type settings.. new HDMI lead. The soundbar will briefly say HDMI ARC and then change to D IN. Sometimes it may say NOT SUPPORTED.

I have tried It on another television, hoping it would work. This tv is ten years old and does not have an HDMI ARC marking but as soon as the soundbar gets plugged in via HDMI, the TV sets the audio to external speaker. You can also see SOUNDBAR in the anynet settings. The soundbar will display HDMI ARC. but again, no audio.

I just want my sound in sync across all inputs. The sound is in sync through the tv speakers, so why can’t I manage it through a soundbar?

Any help appreciatied. Almost wondering if it’s faulty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page