AVS Forum banner

Best bang-for-the-buck soundbar for LG OLED 55C9

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  BWDinc 
#1 · (Edited)
Best bang-for-the-buck Dolby Atmos soundbar for LG OLED 55C9

I have the LG OLED 55 C9 and was wondering what the best bang-for-the-buck Dolby Atmos soundbar I can get to accompany it? I'm not an audiophile in any way but would love to get the best soundbar that would not cost me an arm and a leg. Is it always best to get one with HDMI eARC support? I don't use any AVR's and my main A/V source is an Nvidia Shield TV 2019 Pro. I would love to have those wireless rear speakers and perhaps a sub together with the main soundbar.

#3 ·
I have the LG OLED 55 C9 and was wondering what the best bang-for-the-buck Dolby Atmos soundbar I can get to accompany it? I'm not an audiophile in any way but would love to get the best soundbar that would not cost me an arm and a leg. Is it always best to get one with HDMI eARC support? I don't use any AVR's and my main A/V source is an Nvidia Shield TV 2019 Pro. I would love to have those wireless rear speakers and perhaps a sub together with the main soundbar.
What is your budget? I wouldn't focus on Atmos too much as reflected height effects are pretty hit or miss.

#4 ·
I guess I want to keep it to a $1000 maximum but if it makes sense I can be flexible.

Based on all the reviews I've heard and watched, the Atmos feature of these soundbars isn't just a gimmick. I mean, sure you won't feel the same effect as compared to when you have dedicated ceiling speakers but with a small space like a condo I guess an Atmos soundbar set is the closest that I can get to a true Atmos experience.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Ive been going back and forth between sonos arc+sub and LG SN11RG. The sonos has a whole forum full of people complaining of harsh "tinny" sounding highs which has me leaning towards the LG which has really good reviews. Id definitely say the LG is better "bang for the buck"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.