Need help with Vizio SB36512-F6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-23-2020, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Need help with Vizio SB36512-F6

I have an strange issue. I am not sure if its my Apple 4K TV or the soundbar.

I have the ARC of the soundbar hooked up to the ARC of the TV. Here is the weird issue: When I am using the prime video app in the Apple 4K TV, I get no audio, I can hear the background noise, but no voices, I can't hear the people talk.

I don't have this issue using the netflix app, or Disney +, nor my my TV (ESPN for example), I can hear the people talk.

If it set the soundbar to HDMI In, I can hear the voices on the prime video app.

Strange.

Also, one other strange thing. When I set the soundbar input to HDMI In, when I switch TV inputs, the soundbar switches inputs by itself back to HDMI ARC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-24-2020, 03:14 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10000 Post(s)
Liked: 6662
If you are using the ARC for the ATV 4k, then you need to set the ATV 4K to output legacy DD. Otherwise it will be sending pCM audio. And you can only send stereo PCM over the ARC. The best way is to connect the ATV 4K to the HDMI input of the bar. Then you can get the 7.1 PCM audio as well as the Dolby MAT Atmos from it.

I use multiple cascaded 18Gbps HDMI switches to accommodate most of my devices with the one HDMI input on the SB36512-F6. It works great with my ATV 4K, Shield TV, Roku 4K Stick, Fire Tv 4K stick, XB1X, etc. And I have no problems getting Atmos from the soundbar with any of the devices. And the soundbar can also handle up to 7.1, 24bit, 192Khz Dolby True HD content. Which was a pleasant surprise.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 06-24-2020 at 03:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page