Adding Active Subwoofer to Soundbar instead of included Wireless sub - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-26-2020, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Question Adding Active Subwoofer to Soundbar instead of included Wireless sub

Hi Guys,

I have downgraded from separates to soundbar due to lack of space and pressure from the wife.

I now have LG SN11RG 7.1.4 Atmos/DTS-X soundbar. It generally ticks most of my boxes and has exceeded my expectations when it comes to immersion and also debunked my soundbar prejudices. However it is missing that deep bass that my SVS sub effortlessly produced. The lowest rated frequency response the SVS gave me including room gain was 12 Hz as indicated by SpL meter.

The bass on the soundbar sub is fine most of the time as long as the the frequency is >= 30 Hz. Anything lower than that would not be reproduced by the sub.

I would like to add my SVS active Subwoofer to the chain but that requires some workaround as the soundbar doesn't come with a dedicated sub-out.

My player has a dedicated HDMI Audio OUT. My TV has headphones out + L+R RCA output + headphones out.

I don't want to be spending too much time and money to get this working.

What are the options do I have?

Panasonic DX-902B 4K HDR / 3D TV, Epson TW-9400W PRO 4K UHD / 3D (6050UBe) Projector, LG SN11RG 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos / DTS-X Soundbar, Benq EW3270U 4K HDR monitor, Panasonic UB820 (Dolby Vision/HDR10+), FireTV 4K Stick and Vero 4K+ OSMC 4K HDR / 3D Media Player.

Last edited by lganz316; 06-26-2020 at 07:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-27-2020, 04:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked: 446
We get this question a lot, and you may to be one of the fortunate ones. If your TV can output to either / or the L/R RCAs and headphone jack simultaneously with whatever you’re sending to the soundbar, you can just run those cables to your SVS. The only problem may be if you’re using the soundbar remote for volume – you’ll have to control the TV’s output separately.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Equipment List
"A nice mid-fi system," according to an audiophile acquaintance.

Reviews and Tech Articles
post #3 of 3 Old 06-29-2020, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Thanks but above won't work as the audio out from.my player goes into the soundbar and the TV receives just the video signal.

Looks like I need this ATLONA AT-HDR-M2C to downmix into 2ch stereo and this should possiblly become the ultimate solution for adding active soundbar working in sync with any soundbar that have no wired sub out.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Panasonic DX-902B 4K HDR / 3D TV, Epson TW-9400W PRO 4K UHD / 3D (6050UBe) Projector, LG SN11RG 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos / DTS-X Soundbar, Benq EW3270U 4K HDR monitor, Panasonic UB820 (Dolby Vision/HDR10+), FireTV 4K Stick and Vero 4K+ OSMC 4K HDR / 3D Media Player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page