Best 3d Bluray Movie so far????3d effects - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 62Likes

post #2011 of 2053 Old 08-04-2015, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3561
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
I agree, it didn't begin with Avatar, it was more of a revival and what full HD 3D potential could be without the flaws of 3d projection of the past. Avatar was the beginning of the newest generation of 3D. All one must do is visit some of these older 3D films to see they knew how to get 3D done right.

Avatar must be the best 3D film of all time according to this eBay listing (lol!): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avatar-Blu-r...item3a95d58c21

Get your copy now before they're all gone!
"May not ship to Canada"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2053 Old 08-04-2015, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 238
and 27 sold?

tv: Samsung 55HU8550
avr: Pioneer VSX 824
subs: Polk PSW108, Definitive Technology Pro-sub 800
l/r: Klipsch R28Fs, c: Infinity Beta C360 rear: cheapo Sharps
post #2013 of 2053 Old 08-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5l View Post
and 27 sold?
27 sold between $23-27. But US$2,988 gets you one of the last 10 available!! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2014 of 2053 Old 08-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 147
A Turtle's Tale I think is the best 3D movie ever made, especially for 3D effects...
post #2015 of 2053 Old 08-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Anyone else worried that 3D is not part of the UHD specs.
post #2016 of 2053 Old 08-11-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J y E 4Ever View Post
Anyone else worried that 3D is not part of the UHD specs.
When I first learned of it I was obviously very sad. But I got over it now...that's life. I'll keep encouraging the movie studios who released 3D Blu-ray movies on HD 2K (1080p)...that's all I can really do...I have no other choice.

I also already mentioned in the past that the technology for UHD Blu-ray is simply not advanced enough today to support Ultra High Definition 3D Picture with Ultra High Resolution 3D Audio. 100GB (66 to 128GB) is simply not enough...we'll need one terabyte on a multi-rainbow layer Ultra Violet-ray disc.
...For true 8K eventually in the cards (already in Japan), and holographic 4D picture. ...Also, for 16 channels of true pure object rendition audio (3D surround sound with maximum effect and impact), more space is required and our receivers and pre/pros need to work in conjunction with our PCs for more processing power...a la Trinnov...which is the domain of only the well high healed class right now.

Let say that a 500GB UHD Blu-ray disc would be a good place to start in advancing progressively into the future with zest/verve, true audacious quantum leap.

100GB (66-128) to me is only a very small increment...which tells me that we are behind in technological advancement.

That, is only my own personal opinion @ this point in time. Tomorrow...who knows who will still be here...only our children will have the chance that we don't have today...that's life...that's the best we can do today.

4D picture is starting, holographic moving pictures is making steps @ live shows (animated), and we only are @ the very beginning of 3D immersive surround sound with them new elevated channel speakers.

All that new stuff requires more "bytes" and more computational processing power @ ultra high speed. ...They just can't make those chips fast and powerful enough for our drawing platforms.

Hope that my reply don't make you feel so lonely anymore. And Mad Max: Fury Road is coming up on Blu, in 3D, and with Dolby Atmos in three weeks.
ferl likes this.
post #2017 of 2053 Old 08-15-2015, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Wow, I picked up the 3d 2 pack of Sharkboy and Lavagirl and Spy Kids Game Over 3d for my kids and I to watch... and Man!.... the Spy Kids Game Over flick has tons of strong and amazing 3d in it! Some really awesome scenes....Highly recommended movie for showing off what 3d can do....
post #2018 of 2053 Old 08-19-2015, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 26
The last 2 I bought were of the best I've seen....Pacific Rim, I saw that movie a couple of times before ( very good movie, apart from the acting which is awful), and the 3D left me really impressed. Exodus Gods & Kings also has some excellent 3D. Now, if I have to pick from my collection the best one, I'll say it's definitely Madagascar 3...amazing 3D...I have a lot of the 3D animated films from Dreamworks, I think it's overlooked by many peoplethat the Dreamworks films mop the floor with the Pixar films in the 3D aspect of the films. Just my opinion, And I love pretty much all Pixar movies.
markmathers likes this.
post #2019 of 2053 Old 08-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2663 Post(s)
Liked: 3400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusCaesar View Post
The last 2 I bought were of the best I've seen....Pacific Rim, I saw that movie a couple of times before ( very good movie, apart from the acting which is awful), and the 3D left me really impressed. Exodus Gods & Kings also has some excellent 3D. Now, if I have to pick from my collection the best one, I'll say it's definitely Madagascar 3...amazing 3D...I have a lot of the 3D animated films from Dreamworks, I think it's overlooked by many peoplethat the Dreamworks films mop the floor with the Pixar films in the 3D aspect of the films. Just my opinion, And I love pretty much all Pixar movies.
Agreed that Dreamworks beats out Pixar in general for 3D.
post #2020 of 2053 Old 08-29-2015, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 78
i watched Insurgent 3D yesterday on bluray and the 3D was quite medicore except for a few scenes here and there, wouldn't recommend it at all.
post #2021 of 2053 Old 08-30-2015, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa View Post
i watched Insurgent 3D yesterday on bluray and the 3D was quite medicore except for a few scenes here and there, wouldn't recommend it at all.
Mediocre how? I haven't seen the film, but sometimes the "bad" 3D to someone is simply positive parallax dominated which they hate but I love.
post #2022 of 2053 Old 08-30-2015, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Mediocre how? I haven't seen the film, but sometimes the "bad" 3D to someone is simply positive parallax dominated which they hate but I love.
After all this time I still rate Avatar, Hugo, and Titanic as the cream of the crop.
tgm1024 likes this.
post #2023 of 2053 Old 08-30-2015, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
no depth to the 3D, rarely any pop up effects if any at all. just simple and plain Mediocre 3d flick.
post #2024 of 2053 Old 09-28-2015, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Prometheus is my favorite for a 3D movie, but IMAX Under the Sea has the best 3D I've seen. Bear in mind though that I'm pretty new to 3D and I don't particularly care for animated films.
post #2025 of 2053 Old 09-28-2015, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1193
Top Gun is a riot in 3D

The cheesy one liners of the 80s are just so hilarious.
tgm1024 likes this.
post #2026 of 2053 Old 09-28-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Top Gun is a riot in 3D

The cheesy one liners of the 80s are just so hilarious.
It's funny how many movies follow a kind of cadence. And to me they are cleanly identified by the decade. Often times 80's movies "flow" a certain way. 90's movies flow differently. And 70's movies are a rip in the multiverse.
post #2027 of 2053 Old 09-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bepaof8 View Post
Prometheus is my favorite for a 3D movie, but IMAX Under the Sea has the best 3D I've seen. Bear in mind though that I'm pretty new to 3D and I don't particularly care for animated films.
Hmm, I may have to try this one again. I watched Prometheus last year on my old Sony active 3DTV and wasn't that impressed. Maybe I'll try it again on my 4K LG and see if I like it any better.
post #2028 of 2053 Old 09-28-2015, 07:44 PM

Lightbulb (((3D))) Tip | Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny905 View Post
Hmm, I may have to try this one again. I watched Prometheus last year on my old Sony active 3DTV and wasn't that impressed. Maybe I'll try it again on my 4K LG and see if I like it any better.
'Prometheus' is a good one in 3D. ...If your 3D glasses are the active type, make sure your battery is fresh.
{When the battery is low...but still good...it affects the overall 3D effect...it is lesser involving because the 3D is not optimal...put a new battery, or recharge it if the rechargeable type.}

* With passive 3D glasses, no sweat.

And 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in (((3D))) is also quite good, more so than 2D. ...The ride is 3D more fun...definitely.

<<<3D>>> I'm counting on 'Jurassic Park' next Blu-ray 3D.
ferl likes this.
post #2029 of 2053 Old 09-29-2015, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post

<<<3D>>> I'm counting on 'Jurassic Park' next Blu-ray 3D.
For me, it's POLTERGEIST (released today)...the director paid special attention to composing his shots for the 3D conversion, much more than JURASSIC WORLD.
post #2030 of 2053 Old 09-29-2015, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
For me, it's POLTERGEIST (released today)...the director paid special attention to composing his shots for the 3D conversion, much more than JURASSIC WORLD.
The remake with Sam Rockwell. I just learned from you that it has been released in 3D on Blu-ray today. ...I'll have to find professional reviews about its 3D technical merit...couldn't find any...only from some kids over @ IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes...but those kids are not into 3D...the're into overall film's impressions/sensations/emotions/sentiments/critical analysis on the actors, directors, scripts and overall movie experience...no technical aspects of 3D on Blu-ray and no Bass analysis from Databass.

Rotten Tomatoes have the regular public rating too...that's the one I'm interested the most...for true film value...in general...but not always (24%).
...And Ralph. ...But the last person on Earth with the final judgement (eyes/ears and heart/soul and cinema experience//spirit) is me.

I'll wait for some pro verdicts on this new BR 3D release first before I commit...so if you see it soon...please tell us your verdict...because your opinion also counts a lot in my book of 3D Cinema.

♦ The better a film is (entertaining with a creative approach...ex_machina, Mad Max: FR, Lucy, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar, Jupiter Ascending ;-) ...)
the more chance that it'll get a second and third viewing...and in (((3D))) even much more so...for the full immersive cinematic experience.

* Jupiter Ascending was a humorous film...but technically 3D speaking it wasn't bad @ all...so Poltergeist might have a good chance too. Let us know.
ferl likes this.
post #2031 of 2053 Old 09-29-2015, 01:02 PM

Birdman or (the unexpected virtue of ignorance) would have been cool in (((3D))) picture and sound (Atmos) ... I think.
I just luv that flick...I saw it three or four times...and each time I heard that drummer I'm thinking: "How come it wasn't encoded with Dolby Atmos?"
And New York on and off stage is the perfect place for 3D motion picture effects. ...In my scientific opinion.

♦ Life is short; might as well enjoy it while it lasts...with the dreams from the movies...and lifting ourselves up above in the sky like a birdman flying high and in 3D.

(((3D))) is for people with a higher spirit...a more 3-dimensional state of mind...a more profound depth in their soul.
No way that it'll ever die...to the exact contrary...next step is holographic motion pictures...just like a lunar eclipse in real life.
ferl likes this.
post #2032 of 2053 Old 09-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
This month is full of new 3D releases. I already have plans to watch Avengers and Jurassic World this month when they are released, and now you are telling me I should add Poltergeist to my list as well??? Just saw this in my inbox today when I got home from work...

POLTERGEIST 3D

Hi John
“They know what scares you” and that makes it all the more terrifying in 3D. Legendary filmmaker Sam Raimi ("Spiderman," "Evil Dead"), presents a reimagined version of the classic film about a family whose suburban home is haunted by evil forces.

Get ready for a really spooky October by watching POLTERGEIST in 3D.
Now Available on 3DGO!
Make your movie night special. Make it a 3D movie night!

© 2015 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc. All rights reserved.
After the Bowen family moves into a seemingly calm suburban house, inter-dimensional spirits terrorize them. And when the ghosts abduct their little girl, the Bowens must find a way to rescue her – or they’ll lose her forever – in this terrifying thrill-ride starring Sam Rockwell and Rosemarie DeWitt!

COMING SOON TO 3DGO!

October 2 October 20

NEW TO 3DGO!

TOP RENTALS

SPREAD THE WORD!

If you love 3D movies & 3DGO! we invite you to share with your friends the magical experience of watching 3D movies at home on your 3DTV! Please forward this email to a friend and let them know about all the great movies available on 3DGO! Share Tweet +1
post #2033 of 2053 Old 09-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
The remake with Sam Rockwell. I just learned from you that it has been released in 3D on Blu-ray today. ...I'll have to find professional reviews about its 3D technical merit...couldn't find any...only from some kids over @ IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes...but those kids are not into 3D...the're into overall film's impressions/sensations/emotions/sentiments/critical analysis on the actors, directors, scripts and overall movie experience...no technical aspects of 3D on Blu-ray and no Bass analysis from Databass.

Rotten Tomatoes have the regular public rating too...that's the one I'm interested the most...for true film value...in general...but not always (24%).
...And Ralph. ...But the last person on Earth with the final judgement (eyes/ears and heart/soul and cinema experience//spirit) is me.

I'll wait for some pro verdicts on this new BR 3D release first before I commit...so if you see it soon...please tell us your verdict...because your opinion also counts a lot in my book of 3D Cinema.

♦ The better a film is (entertaining with a creative approach...ex_machina, Mad Max: FR, Lucy, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar, Jupiter Ascending ;-) ...)
the more chance that it'll get a second and third viewing...and in (((3D))) even much more so...for the full immersive cinematic experience.

* Jupiter Ascending was a humorous film...but technically 3D speaking it wasn't bad @ all...so Poltergeist might have a good chance too. Let us know.
Quote:
Birdman or (the unexpected virtue of ignorance) would have been cool in (((3D))) picture and sound (Atmos) ... I think.
I just luv that flick...I saw it three or four times...and each time I heard that drummer I'm thinking: "How come it wasn't encoded with Dolby Atmos?"
And New York on and off stage is the perfect place for 3D motion picture effects. ...In my scientific opinion.

♦ Life is short; might as well enjoy it while it lasts...with the dreams from the movies...and lifting ourselves up above in the sky like a birdman flying high and in 3D.

(((3D))) is for people with a higher spirit...a more 3-dimensional state of mind...a more profound depth in their soul.
No way that it'll ever die...to the exact contrary...next step is holographic motion pictures...just like a lunar eclipse in real life.

I used to be annoyed by the nonsensical content of the posts in your perpetual quest to increase your post count. I now anticipate each post as an opportunity to decipher your Tralfamadorian philosophy of 3D/Life. I've decided to assist your statistics by "Liking" any of your posts that are totally frikken whack.

Please don't take offense to this post. I'm just "joking/kidding around/it's all good"
JustPlainNuts likes this.

post #2034 of 2053 Old 09-29-2015, 06:54 PM

I am listening with the utmost consideration...and try my best in accommodating everyone's own philosophy.
This is OUR world...not mine, not his, not hers, not theirs, but OURS.

Thank you.

...And I love ♥ (((3D))).

________

By the way I don't give a squirrel about post count; it's on some people's own mind.
ferl likes this.

Last edited by NorthSky; 09-29-2015 at 06:57 PM.
post #2035 of 2053 Old 09-29-2015, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
...If your 3D glasses are the active type, make sure your battery is fresh.
{When the battery is low...but still good...it affects the overall 3D effect...it is lesser involving because the 3D is not optimal...put a new battery, or recharge it if the rechargeable type.}
Are you sure about this? I actually made a thread on the same issue. Please check it out and let us know your opinion and observation -
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/194-3d...e-quality.html
post #2036 of 2053 Old 09-29-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorar View Post
Are you sure about this? I actually made a thread on the same issue. Please check it out and let us know your opinion and observation -
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/194-3d...e-quality.html
I will check your thread, but before I do I will share my own 3D experience right here (strictly from Blu-ray).

I don't know how many batteries I went through exactly...but a lot. And I re-watched several 3D Blu-ray titles more than once, and twice (the same title) with batteries that were very close to expired (red light flashing) and then with brand new fresh battery...and from what my eyes saw on my screen I noticed a difference in the 3D effects. I don't have 3D measuring tools so my overall experience is not a scientific one based on accurate data. It is strictly an honest view, my own. The instructions that came with my 3D glasses mentioned the time (approximately) that a fresh battery would last; well, it is not accurate...they last less longer. And, I always remove it after I'm done watching the 3D movie...that way she's not running accidentally some extra time.

This is only an observation and I wanted to share it...I watched many 3D Blu-ray movies since they were first introduced...not very long after...and my 3D collection is more than many people 2D own's collection. Sure, I can be totally deficient with my vision and my brain...that, you decide for yourself...but know this: If I wasn't positively certain I sure would say so...and that's exactly why I said that I don't have 3D measuring tools to confirm with ultimate absolution what I observed. It's free for anyone to experiment.

It's a very simple test that anyone can perform and observe when relaxed and predisposed:
Watch a 3D Blu-ray movie with a battery that just started to flash red, then re-watch that same movie the next day (more relaxed eyes that way) with a brand new battery. Try Mad Max: Fury Road in 3D ... that's a good one to experiment with...for that simple test from your own set of eyes.

Now I am going to read your thread.

P.S. All my 3D active glasses are NOT the rechargeable type, they are the ones that use disposable cell batteries. ...For precision sake.

Last edited by NorthSky; 09-29-2015 at 09:14 PM. Reason: postcript
post #2037 of 2053 Old 10-07-2015, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I always forget how well done Jack the Giant Slayer is in 3D. The black levels at the beginning could use some OLED help, but overall this is a perfect 3D movie that has good sound and entertainment value. Thankfully not a children's movie.
post #2038 of 2053 Old 10-07-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I always forget how well done Jack the Giant Slayer is in 3D. The black levels at the beginning could use some OLED help, but overall this is a perfect 3D movie that has good sound and entertainment value. Thankfully not a children's movie.
We just saw Hugo last weekend (2K 60" passive). The 3D on it was very well done. Unfortunately I wasn't in the mood for that kind of story, so I can't critique it, but my kids like it.

I do remember it being very nice to watch though. A very good balance of pos/neg parallax.
post #2039 of 2053 Old 10-07-2015, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hugo is awesome and the narrative just works so well with the fact that you are watching the movie in 3D too. Kind of like some indie movies you definitely need to be in the right frame of mind to sit through it since its kind of long winded- I'm a sucker for Ben Kingsley though.
post #2040 of 2053 Old 10-07-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Very good one...the monsters in 3D are very cool...they add a lot to the film's overall 3-dimensional impact. ...And that tree.

Quote:
We just saw Hugo last weekend (2K 60" passive). The 3D on it was very well done. Unfortunately I wasn't in the mood for that kind of story, so I can't critique it, but my kids like it.

I do remember it being very nice to watch though. A very good balance of pos/neg parallax.
One of my top 3D favorites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Under The Sea Imax 3 D Blu Ray , Oz The Great And Powerful Blu Ray 3d Digital Copy , Rise Of The Guardians Blu Ray 3d , Star Trek Into Darkness Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , A Turtles Tale Sammys Adventures Blu Ray , Tron Legacy Tron The Original Classic Five Disc Combo Blu Ray 3d Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy , Life Of Pi 3d Blu Ray , Jurassic Park 3d 3d Blu Ray Blu Ray Dvd Digital Copy Ultraviolet , Blu Ray Movies , Ice Age Dawn Of The Dinosaurs Blu Ray 3d , Monsters Vs Aliens Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page