http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 38 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 239Likes

post #1111 of 1297 Old 10-28-2017, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Having read some of the more negative posts on this thread, I'm compelled to say that I don't find their pricing "expensive"...but then again I value convenience and quality over quantity. Having subscribed in the past to the two major disc-rental outlets, I appreciate having discs that actually work in my players, as well as access to the more "obscure" titles. Both of my previous services often went weeks without being able to provide a single disc, so I don't mind waiting and paying per title.

As my college chums used to say, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it".
I would agree that their pricing is reasonable for the breadth of offerings they have along with the availability of 4K, and lossless audio on the Blu-ray disks.

I would just would like to see consistent delivery.
DaveMcLain likes this.

Denon X6300 H, 7.2 Infinity IL-40 Towers, Infinity IL-120 Subwoofer, Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s Subwoofer, Infinity IL 36 Center, LG OLED 65B6P, Oppo-203 UHD Player
I can turn it up to "11"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1297 Old 10-28-2017, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 34
My only correspondence with their customer service impressed me. I forgot to cancel a disc and after they sent it to me, I told them I screwed up...haha. They said, no problem, it won't count against my queue!

I ended up cancelling tho and it's got nothing to do with them or their service or their pricing. 4K discs simply don't impress me enough to be worthwhile. Oh sure, Transformers looked amazing, but Star Trek, Logan, and Wonder Woman did nothing for me. Also, I'm very light sensitive and usually keep the backlight @ 0...so HDR benefit's not there anyway.
post #1113 of 1297 Old 10-29-2017, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiuh View Post
My only correspondence with their customer service impressed me. I forgot to cancel a disc and after they sent it to me, I told them I screwed up...haha. They said, no problem, it won't count against my queue!

I ended up cancelling tho and it's got nothing to do with them or their service or their pricing. 4K discs simply don't impress me enough to be worthwhile. Oh sure, Transformers looked amazing, but Star Trek, Logan, and Wonder Woman did nothing for me. Also, I'm very light sensitive and usually keep the backlight @ 0...so HDR benefit's not there anyway.
UHD has not really impressed me either, albeit with some exceptions. Hopefully, the industry will gear up to fully support WCG, & HDR but it seems like a pretty mixed bag currently. I will gravitate to UHD disks, however, if the title is available in that format even if I have to wait a bit.

On the other hand, I really am hooked on 3D Blu-ray Rental because of their broad selection of titles that no other service can match. They are also willing to add films to their inventory if you request them. All of the Blu-rays I have rented to date included the lossless soundtracks, so there is that as well.

My wife and I used to buy disks and we would watch them multiple times, but people change, and my wife now has moved on to wanting new material exclusively, so this is a good solution for us.

I do need to figure out how to work around the poor service from the USPS.
sparky7 likes this.

Denon X6300 H, 7.2 Infinity IL-40 Towers, Infinity IL-120 Subwoofer, Infinity Intermezzo 1.2s Subwoofer, Infinity IL 36 Center, LG OLED 65B6P, Oppo-203 UHD Player
I can turn it up to "11"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1114 of 1297 Old 10-29-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcguinn View Post
Hopefully, the industry will gear up to fully support WCG...

My wife and I used to buy disks and we would watch them multiple times, but people change, and my wife now has moved on to wanting new material exclusively, so this is a good solution for us.

I do need to figure out how to work around the poor service from the USPS.
Wcg?

You know, I figured I had to get my $’s worth out of the service, lol...so I watched Tramsformers 3x and actually really enjoyed each viewing. I feel like I really got a lot out of it watching so Camry times so closely together.

I lucked out and seemed to be very close to their Illinois center.

Edit: tho I really want to see ghost in the Shell in 4K as the visuals alone really impressed me, even in a UHD stream from google.

“just want to forewarn everyone thinking it’s going to be a pristine presentation say like Ghost in the Shell is. ”

From whysoblu about Wonder Woman.

I find them to be an excellent source for film and video and audio reviews. Here’s Transformers:
“Just an FYI – THE TAG LINE FOR THE MOVIE POSTER SHOULD REALLY HAVE READ “RETHINK YOUR DECISION TO WANT TO SEE THIS FILM.””

But they adored the a/v.

Last edited by jodiuh; 10-29-2017 at 01:22 PM.
post #1115 of 1297 Old 11-20-2017, 05:02 PM

Just as an update, I went ahead and signed up again to see valerian, Salt, and X-men apocalypse.

I think somethings up with usps tho as Netflix discs take longer to ship/return and I’m on day 8 waiting for Salt from 3d BluRay.

How you guys doing for turkey day!?what discs ya looking forward to?
post #1116 of 1297 Old 11-20-2017, 05:55 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8964 Post(s)
Liked: 5740
Quote:
Just as an update, I went ahead and signed up again to see valerian, Salt, and X-men apocalypse.

I think somethings up with usps tho as Netflix discs take longer to ship/return and I’m on day 8 waiting for Salt from 3d BluRay.

How you guys doing for turkey day!?what discs ya looking forward to?
I've got the UHD BD of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets coming from them. It was shipped out today. So I'm hoping it shows up on Friday since I'll have the time to watch it that day.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--72TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1117 of 1297 Old 11-20-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I've got the UHD BD of Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets coming from them. It was shipped out today. So I'm hoping it shows up on Friday since I'll have the time to watch it that day.
Awesome! I actually grabbed the film on Vudu, Fandango, and Microsoft stores to compare streams. They were all balls on Xbox and Android tv and NONE had anything higher than Dolby digital despite saying they had Atmos.

I’m above vanilla Dolby digital and go bot dts. Lossless or nothing at. All.
post #1118 of 1297 Old 11-21-2017, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
I'm waiting on the 3D version but the only region-free edition (AFAIK) is from Hong Kong so it may be a while before 3DBR gets it.
post #1119 of 1297 Old 11-30-2017, 09:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 44
They charge you extra if they make a mistake

I've been a long time customer. Lately (since the move to IL) I have had trouble getting my 5 discs per month so towards the end of the month I make sure to "order" the remaining monthly disc quota and selecting only available movies.

I, like most folks, also pre-order movies as they come out so I can get them asap when available.

So get this, if they don't catch the fact that they have shipped you your monthly quota for the month - they charge you $3-4 per "extra" disc!

End of Nov I ordered 2 movies to use up my monthly quota. A full day later I got an email stating they just shipped me three pre-orders (I'd been waiting a month for) and boom I am charged an extra $12.

We all know their queue/ordering system is horrid - but I didn't now that in addition to this if they screw up and make a mistake - YOU pay.

So because they can't keep track of your rentals and they screw up you pay.

Their solution: "only order as many as you can have delivered in a month...". As in, it's your responsibility to keep track of your outstanding pre-orders and you can't order more than that in a month. Better hope they don't send you a pre-ordered movie.

This is a horrible policy. I am cancelling my account. Good luck to you all. You've been warned.

JVC 4910, Marantz 7010 AVR, HTPC MPC-HC/MPC-BE x64; MadVR/LAV
post #1120 of 1297 Old 12-01-2017, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1956
This strikes me as surprising and problematic. Unless you went through the check out process and chose to pay a per disk price, you didn't authorize these charges and they should reverse them -- or have your credit card do so. What you describe sounds exactly like "unauthorized charges".

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
I've been a long time customer. Lately (since the move to IL) I have had trouble getting my 5 discs per month so towards the end of the month I make sure to "order" the remaining monthly disc quota and selecting only available movies.

I, like most folks, also pre-order movies as they come out so I can get them asap when available.

So get this, if they don't catch the fact that they have shipped you your monthly quota for the month - they charge you $3-4 per "extra" disc!

End of Nov I ordered 2 movies to use up my monthly quota. A full day later I got an email stating they just shipped me three pre-orders (I'd been waiting a month for) and boom I am charged an extra $12.

We all know their queue/ordering system is horrid - but I didn't now that in addition to this if they screw up and make a mistake - YOU pay.

Their solution: "only order as many as you can have delivered in a month...". As in, it's your responsibility to keep track of your outstanding pre-orders and you can't order more than that in a month. Better hope they don't send you a pre-ordered movie.

This is a horrible policy. I am cancelling my account. Good luck to you all. You've been warned.
dwaleke and jodiuh like this.
post #1121 of 1297 Old 12-03-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Their solution: "only order as many as you can have delivered in a month...".
3DBluray’s whole setup’s unpleasant. Their site’s from the 90’s. The wish list/cart system’s far more complicated and inconvenient than necessary. If an items not in stock, I have to put another one up there if I want to receive a title and that means I’m ordering something I might not want (using up my allotment). Discs don’t drop from the wish list when adding to the cart.

Netflix gets me discs 3x faster and I get 3x the discs. I hope they get a 4K option soon so I can drop 3D Bluray. X-Men Apocalypse shipped last month on the 16th. I still don’t have it, lol.
post #1122 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 10:43 AM
3BR

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
This strikes me as surprising and problematic. Unless you went through the check out process and chose to pay a per disk price, you didn't authorize these charges and they should reverse them -- or have your credit card do so. What you describe sounds exactly like "unauthorized charges".
There are only a few customers this happens to. It's those who consistently get over their monthly limit because of over using the system. We give a warning to these users before applying a penalty. We will try and work with the individual to have them rent within our policy. If you have questions, email us. Thanks, Team 3BR.
nathan_h likes this.

Last edited by 3BR; 12-05-2017 at 10:49 AM.
post #1123 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 12:39 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:

I have never had this happen to me in the five years I've been using them.

But when I have run into issues, they have be very responsive to emails I've sent, and have been quick to rectify the issue.
nathan_h, danbez, sparky7 and 1 others like this.

post #1124 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 12:43 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
3DBluray’s whole setup’s unpleasant. Their site’s from the 90’s. The wish list/cart system’s far more complicated and inconvenient than necessary. If an items not in stock, I have to put another one up there if I want to receive a title and that means I’m ordering something I might not want (using up my allotment). Discs don’t drop from the wish list when adding to the cart.

Netflix gets me discs 3x faster and I get 3x the discs. I hope they get a 4K option soon so I can drop 3D Bluray. X-Men Apocalypse shipped last month on the 16th. I still don’t have it, lol.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Netflix to get UHD BD rentals. Their disc business is shrinking. They don't even have the HD titles like they used to.

If you had a disc shipped to you on the 16th, you should have contacted 3D-blurayrental about it not showing up. They would have sent a replacement since it's obviously lost in the mail. I've had this happen before and they were quick to send out a replacement. If it was in stock. If not then they had me choose a different title and they would send out the other one when they got it in stock.
nathan_h and old corps like this.

post #1125 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Nope, just the normal "provide shipping addr, $0 amount due".

post #1126 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post
There are only a few customers this happens to. It's those who consistently get over their monthly limit because of over using the system. We give a warning to these users before applying a penalty. We will try and work with the individual to have them rent within our policy. If you have questions, email us. Thanks, Team 3BR.
I had never "gone over" my limit since being a customer for over 6 years (customer since BlockBuster went OOB). I occasionally got "you've reached your limit..." emails but I never tried to order more if I did; and never received any pre-order after I had received said email.

So I email 3DBR about my surprise of being charged an extra $12 due to their lack of a functional database front-end and putting it on customers to figure keep track of things (not that that is easy - it's painful to figure out what disks have been ordered and if they've been shipped when)...

and I got the "tough, but that's our policy".

I agree I could and may file a claim with my CC - it's not an authorized charge - and I was never formally informed about it. It's only $12, but there's something called "the principle of the matter..."

post #1127 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Netflix to get UHD BD rentals. Their disc business is shrinking. They don't even have the HD titles like they used to.

If you had a disc shipped to you on the 16th, you should have contacted 3D-blurayrental about it not showing up. They would have sent a replacement since it's obviously lost in the mail. I've had this happen before and they were quick to send out a replacement. If it was in stock. If not then they had me choose a different title and they would send out the other one when they got it in stock.

There are other positives to 3DBR as well: the discs they rent are the regular retail versions - full audio and un-restricted video. "Rental" copies of movies (they actually say rental on them usually) will not have the full HD audio (usually just DD or DTS) and may have reduced video quality/resolution.

You see it's one thing to have to deal with their horrible website; ordering and order tracking is painful, but finding out that YOU are financially responsible for their limitations is VERY disappointing, anti-customer and borders on deceptive.

"Hey let's generate some extra revenue this month: ship out some pre-orders to folks at their max disc quota for the month..."

That could easily happen to anyone with one or more pre-orders that are at their max disc quota for the month.

Frankly, 3DBR is a good service - it has LOTS of issues, but delivers in the core element of providing a good selection of regular BD/UHD discs. I've been supportive of them in this thread over the years (do a search in the thread for my posts).

To me this policy is just the "straw that broke the camel's back..." There's no realistic way to get the most out of the service (by pre-ordering) and getting your quota of discs per month (which now is also much harder than it used to be since the move to IL) and not now run afoul of the "our bad, you pay" policy.

Last edited by nightfly85; 12-05-2017 at 08:06 PM.
post #1128 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 09:03 PM
3BR

Quote:
I had never "gone over" my limit since being a customer for over 6 years (customer since BlockBuster went OOB). I occasionally got "you've reached your limit..." emails but I never tried to order more if I did; and never received any pre-order after I had received said email.

So I email 3DBR about my surprise of being charged an extra $12 due to their lack of a functional database front-end and putting it on customers to figure keep track of things (not that that is easy - it's painful to figure out what disks have been ordered and if they've been shipped when)...

and I got the "tough, but that's our policy".

I agree I could and may file a claim with my CC - it's not an authorized charge - and I was never formally informed about it. It's only $12, but there's something called "the principle of the matter..."
We should not charge a customer for a first time offense. Rather than use this forum to go back and forth, I suggest you email our team. If it's truly a first offense without any notices from us, you should get a refund. Feel free to copy and paste this forum thread to your email to our team. Thanks.
old corps likes this.
post #1129 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:

Not sure what you mean about Netflix DVD not offering HD titles? I've gotten a few DVD's, but I'd say 95% have been BD.

They sent a replacement over a week ago. I've had Netflix DVD for almost a year and NEVER had a disc lost. The shippings very consistent. One month w/ 3D and 2 lost discs, shipping time's all over the place.

I WILL hold my breath, cross my fingers, and my toes!
post #1130 of 1297 Old 12-05-2017, 09:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
We should not charge a customer for a first time offense. Rather than use this forum to go back and forth, I suggest you email our team. If it's truly a first offense without any notices from us, you should get a refund. Feel free to copy and paste this forum thread to your email to our team. Thanks.
You don't get it.

I am not using this forum to get CS from 3DBR.

I am warning my fellow AVS'ers about this brain dead policy.

Fix your web application to:

1) Prevent overage rentals. (simple honestly, unless your site was setup by a kindergartner)

OR if for some other unknown reason (can't think of one legitimate reason why you can't track shipped discs for a given month other than to generate additional revenue)

2) Make it EASY to for customers for somehow prevent overage charges!

I have already emailed you. Your response to that was equally disappointing, but I'm simply done other than to continue to respond to any questions or comments in this thread.

Your policy, your problem.

Here's the notification and brief email chain (I'll post this and then there's nothing more for me to say). For review I ordered my last 2 of 5 monthly rentals on 11-26, got email about being shipped on 11-27. Then on 11-28 I got another email about 3 pre-orders being shipped and then this a couple of days later:

Quote:
For this month, your account is over its monthly limit. You have had 8 rentals shipped to you. We try and prevent overage with our system but depending on how you use the account, we may not catch it all and overage may occur. If that happens, the fees below will be charged to your credit card on file. If this is your first overage email from us, we will waive any overage fees.

* For the $8.99 and $17.99 plan, there will be a $4 charge for each rental over the limit.

* For the $27.99 and $39.99 plan, there will be a $3 charge for each rental over the limit.

The best way to ensure you do not go over is not to order more than your monthly limit for any given calendar month. Having overage on your account is perfectly ok...we just need to charge for it when it happens.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

We thank you for your business.
My reply:
Quote:
This is a terrible policy. Make your customers pay for your inability to track movie rentals in your terrible queue/ordering website?

I've been a customer for a number of years. Since your move to IL I've had trouble getting my monthly quota filled. I don't control when you ship pre-orders. I want to get my money worth per month especially after the recent price increase. I wait till the end of the month to try to fill out my monthly quota. So basically your saying I can't pre-order anything unless I want to potentially pay extra?
And their understanding customer service response:

Quote:
Sorry to hear of your disappointment. That is the limitation of our system. The best way to ensure you do not go over is to not order more than 5 titles a month…if you are ever short a month, let us know and we can make an adjustment.

We thank you for your business.

Last edited by nightfly85; 12-05-2017 at 10:12 PM.
post #1131 of 1297 Old 12-06-2017, 07:23 AM
3BR

Quote:
You don't get it.

I am not using this forum to get CS from 3DBR.

I am warning my fellow AVS'ers about this brain dead policy.:

I had never "gone over" my limit since being a customer for over 6 years (customer since BlockBuster went OOB).
We've located your account. You claimed earlier on this forum that you have not gone over your limits. So the readers are aware, this particular customer has gone over his monthly limit 9 times over the last 2 years. When customers use our system like this, we have to start charging penalties or we would lose money. We gave you multiple warnings about how you were using the system before we charged your account the overage charge. Our policy/system works for most of our customers and we do try to make improvements and work with each customer when possible...it's not perfect but luckily it works well for most of our customers.
Rudy1, nathan_h, aaronwt and 2 others like this.

Last edited by 3BR; 12-06-2017 at 09:26 AM.
post #1132 of 1297 Old 12-11-2017, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
a few thoughts

1) I have used 3d blu ray for quite some time and am very satisfied with them, save for the recent price increase. I only rent one title at a time when I see a movie I want in 3d.

2) I REALLY worry 3d is dead, even though films are still being made (I understand the china market is very into 3d, may be a factor). I note that apparently at least 3 3d films are not going region A.

3) valerian, and probably the new thor are examples, and 3d blu ray told me they do not expect to get valerian.

4) it appears Netflix and red box are not going to make disc rentals available in 4k at this time.

5) I agree 4k does not look that much better, that is until you view a hd film and then right away view the same one in 4k.

6) I am considering a region free player, them waiting longer to see a film and buying it used on amazon u.k. for instance, BFG is available for $16.00.
post #1133 of 1297 Old 12-11-2017, 01:18 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Not sure what you mean about Netflix DVD not offering HD titles? I've gotten a few DVD's, but I'd say 95% have been BD.

They sent a replacement over a week ago. I've had Netflix DVD for almost a year and NEVER had a disc lost. The shippings very consistent. One month w/ 3D and 2 lost discs, shipping time's all over the place.

I WILL hold my breath, cross my fingers, and my toes!
Netflix doesn't offer the number of BD titles that they used to. There are many titles that were on BD but now are only available on DVD.

I signed up for netflix in early 1999. Over the years I had many discs go missing. But I also easily had over 2000 rentals in the 17 years I rented discs from them. Some of the lost discs were stolen from inside the local post office. the Postal inspector office had to investigate the thefts when I had a bunch of discs went missing every time I mailed them directly at the post office near me. And it ended up being theft by one of the postal employees.

Last edited by aaronwt; 12-11-2017 at 01:27 PM.
post #1134 of 1297 Old 12-11-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
...You claimed earlier on this forum that you have not gone over your limits. So the readers are aware, this particular customer has gone over his monthly limit 9 times over the last 2 years.
Right now, I've added 5 discs to my queue...my limit. After each one, I've received an email to add another disc to my queue so that will ship while I wait. BUT, if I do that for EACH one and they all ship, then it's entirely possible for me to go over my queue, right?

Just to clarify, once I've got 5 in queue, leave it at that...even if they're all short wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmone View Post
...4k does not look that much better...
Some of the discs definitely don't look much better @ all. There's a lot of quality variance. Tho, the Valerian UHD blew me away. I think this will improve as more and more films utilize iPhone X for their camera work. :0

Quote:
Netflix doesn't offer the number of BD titles that they used to. There are many titles that were on BD but now are only available on DVD.

I signed up for netflix in early 1999. Over the years I had many discs go missing.
Ok, I can see that now. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure to check for BD availability in the DVD netflix app.

Also, I did get a message form 3DBluray that the disc did not get lost. They said there was some problem with USPS in Nov. I too thought perhaps maybe it got stolen as the "4K X-Men Apocalypse" title's right on the envelope.
post #1135 of 1297 Old 12-26-2017, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Looking to start with 3D-Blurayrental for the 4K discs and probably the occasional 3D movie. I saw a spot for a coupon code so didn't know if there were any Christmas/New Year deals for new customers?

TV: 75XBR940E

PSN ID: Onedropshot
post #1136 of 1297 Old 12-26-2017, 09:08 PM

How are you guys doing as far as shipping and receiving times?

I’ve had 3 discs never arrive and am now waiting 20 days on another. They’ve made an exception to send the discs @ the beginning of the month, but if I order on the 6th and still haven’t had it shipped on the 26th, there’s no chance I would get 5 discs in @ 2 @ a time.

How can they even function if the 2 disc out at the time if they take 25 days to get it?

Customer service has been OK and they’re the only source of 4K discs, but the shipping is getting out of control and totally unacceptable. IT’s incredibly frustrating.

Also, the sticker they put on to identify discs vibrates my xbox one s and makes a ton of noise compared to the sticker on netflix discs. It’s a 3/4 inch thick sticker instead o the circle sticker on the netflix discs. Also they list the title right on the envelope which I think would lead to more theft.

So how are you guys doing? I hope like heck netflix gets 4K options so i can run far away from 3d bluray...sorry to be the Debbie downer/bad news bear, but it’s so irritating.
post #1137 of 1297 Old 12-26-2017, 11:56 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

I’ve had 3 discs never arrive and am now waiting 20 days on another. They’ve made an exception to send the discs @ the beginning of the month, but if I order on the 6th and still haven’t had it shipped on the 26th, there’s no chance I would get 5 discs in @ 2 @ a time.

How can they even function if the 2 disc out at the time if they take 25 days to get it?
What is it with all these long shipping times I keep hearing about?! USPS service standards are 3 days anywhere in the continental U.S. (4 to HI and most of AK). (Unless the 2 areas are close enough to fall into the 2-day window, of course.) Not a guarantee, but hit ~90% of the time (from their "report cards"). With the discs moving with my service so far, things have been taking the expected time -- except a day or 2 delay in some cases the week leading up to Christmas. (Hopefully all back on track now after the holiday volume.)

As I think I mentioned before, why don't they let customers SEE the mail tracking information, like I do? (Assuming they utilize USPS tracking...?) Be transparent so there's nothing funny going on!

Quote:
... and they’re the only source of 4K discs ...
Wrong. </Arnold>

Forget Master P, I got the hookup.

And without needing to PM me, there's also https://www.rent4k.com -- though their prices aren't under $3 either.

Quote:
Also, the sticker they put on to identify discs vibrates my xbox one s and makes a ton of noise compared to the sticker on netflix discs. It’s a 3/4 inch thick sticker instead o the circle sticker on the netflix discs.

Quote:
Also they list the title right on the envelope which I think would lead to more theft.
Uncalled for. I just have an ID number, so the user can tell multiple shipments apart before opening, heh. *shrug* Or a QR Code that's useless to anyone but the customer...

Quote:
I hope like heck netflix gets 4K options so i can run far away from 3d bluray...sorry to be the Debbie downer/bad news bear, but it’s so irritating.
Not gonna happen...
post #1138 of 1297 Old 12-27-2017, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR View Post
As I think I mentioned before, why don't they let customers SEE the mail tracking information, like I do? (Assuming they utilize USPS tracking...?) Be transparent so there's nothing funny going on!

Wrong. </Arnold>

Forget Master P, I got the hookup.

And without needing to PM me, there's also https://www.rent4k.com -- though their prices aren't under $3 either.

Uncalled for. I just have an ID number, so the user can tell multiple shipments apart before opening, heh. *shrug* Or a QR Code that's useless to anyone but the customer...

Not gonna happen...
Yup, a tracking number would be very helpful. What do you mean by "like i do" Do you get tracking info from 3dbluray?

Forget master p? What does that mean? Also rent4k seems like $7 per movie with no sub model. That's 2x the cost of 3dbluray for 5 discs.

How do you know about netflix not getting 4K?

And thanks so much for backing me up on so many things. I know 3dbluray rep posts here, so hopefully more folks will come in here with their comments so they can see it's not just me. They said I was the only one mentioning the sticker on the disc.
post #1139 of 1297 Old 12-27-2017, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Yup, a tracking number would be very helpful. What do you mean by "like i do" Do you get tracking info from 3dbluray?
Nah. To be clear, the only services I've ever used are Blockbuster and Netflix. Then Netflix sucked with "rental version" stuff, and then with 3D and now 4K... But I wasn't interested in paying high rental prices, so wanted to create a new service, which is what I was referring to. (Though now I'm spending more purchasing stuff to send to others instead, LOL.) There's an elite group (handful) that started using it earlier this month, but I can't post about it, like, anywhere. Of course, I'm not a spammer at all, but it would be relevant when posting here, for example. @nathan_h started a thread over in the Blu-ray Software forum -- I haven't jumped in yet, even though Nathan was spreading some false info. (I don't know if anyone from AVS is using the service, though I've gotten traffic and some registrations from the thread...)

Quote:
Forget master p? What does that mean?
Starring Master P: www.imdb.com/title/tt0131436/

Quote:
Also rent4k seems like $7 per movie with no sub model. That's 2x the cost of 3dbluray for 5 discs.
It looks like they have a one-at-a-time subscription now, using a similar model to mine (base price + per rental). But I don't like subscriptions anyway, since I'm not a fan of taking money from people when they're not getting use from a service. Cheap, fair PAYGO, FTW!

Quote:
How do you know about netflix not getting 4K?
They're already missing a lot of plain Blu-ray stuff... And they just don't seem to care about discs like I/we do.
post #1140 of 1297 Old 12-27-2017, 04:55 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4540 Post(s)
Liked: 4369
Quote:
It varies but I average 3-4 days transit both ways.

I suspect the local Post Office is the greatest factor.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page