http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 39 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 243Likes

post #1141 of 1319 Old 12-27-2017, 05:00 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9318 Post(s)
Liked: 6002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiuh View Post
How are you guys doing as far as shipping and receiving times?

I’ve had 3 discs never arrive and am now waiting 20 days on another. They’ve made an exception to send the discs @ the beginning of the month, but if I order on the 6th and still haven’t had it shipped on the 26th, there’s no chance I would get 5 discs in @ 2 @ a time.

How can they even function if the 2 disc out at the time if they take 25 days to get it?

Customer service has been OK and they’re the only source of 4K discs, but the shipping is getting out of control and totally unacceptable. IT’s incredibly frustrating.

Also, the sticker they put on to identify discs vibrates my xbox one s and makes a ton of noise compared to the sticker on netflix discs. It’s a 3/4 inch thick sticker instead o the circle sticker on the netflix discs. Also they list the title right on the envelope which I think would lead to more theft.

So how are you guys doing? I hope like heck netflix gets 4K options so i can run far away from 3d bluray...sorry to be the Debbie downer/bad news bear, but it’s so irritating.
Netflix has been decreasing disc rentals for years. Heck many titles that used to be on BD are now only on DVD at Netflix. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on Netflix to rent UHD BDs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1319 Old 12-27-2017, 05:04 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR View Post
Nah. To be clear, the only services I've ever used are Blockbuster and Netflix. Then Netflix sucked with "rental version" stuff, and then with 3D and now 4K... But I wasn't interested in paying high rental prices, so wanted to create a new service, which is what I was referring to. (Though now I'm spending more purchasing stuff to send to others instead, LOL.) There's an elite group (handful) that started using it earlier this month, but I can't post about it, like, anywhere. Of course, I'm not a spammer at all, but it would be relevant when posting here, for example. @nathan_h started a thread over in the Blu-ray Software forum -- I haven't jumped in yet, even though Nathan was spreading some false info. (I don't know if anyone from AVS is using the service, though I've gotten traffic and some registrations from the thread...)

Starring Master P: www.imdb.com/title/tt0131436/

It looks like they have a one-at-a-time subscription now, using a similar model to mine (base price + per rental). But I don't like subscriptions anyway, since I'm not a fan of taking money from people when they're not getting use from a service. Cheap, fair PAYGO, FTW!

They're already missing a lot of plain Blu-ray stuff... And they just don't seem to care about discs like I/we do.
Pay as you go is more expensive. I remember when Netflix used to be pay as you go. At the time I loved it and they had to force me to their new buffet style rental options. In the end that was better and cost me less money.

If I were paying per rental from 3D Blu-ray rental then I would be paying over twice as much per month as I do now. Paying per rental would ream me.

post #1143 of 1319 Old 12-27-2017, 05:08 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
What is it with all these long shipping times I keep hearing about?! USPS service standards are 3 days anywhere in the continental U.S. (4 to HI and most of AK). (Unless the 2 areas are close enough to fall into the 2-day window, of course.) Not a guarantee, but hit ~90% of the time (from their "report cards"). With the discs moving with my service so far, things have been taking the expected time -- except a day or 2 delay in some cases the week leading up to Christmas. (Hopefully all back on track now after the holiday volume.)

As I think I mentioned before, why don't they let customers SEE the mail tracking information, like I do? (Assuming they utilize USPS tracking...?) Be transparent so there's nothing funny going on!

Wrong. </Arnold>

Forget Master P, I got the hookup.

And without needing to PM me, there's also https://www.rent4k.com -- though their prices aren't under $3 either.

Uncalled for. I just have an ID number, so the user can tell multiple shipments apart before opening, heh. *shrug* Or a QR Code that's useless to anyone but the customer...

Not gonna happen...
I've been using USPS disc rental services since the late nineties starting with Netflix. This time of year there are always mailing delays because of the high volume of cards being sent during the holidays. I've seen it every year for every disc service I've used for almost 19 years now. And I've used at least eight disc rental services.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1144 of 1319 Old 12-27-2017, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
It might be a more helpful if you, as a competitor to 3D Blu-ray Rental dot com, posted about your service in the thread dedicated to your service.

This is especially true if you have better info than what is in the thread that is dedicated to your company's services.

Quote:
Nah. To be clear, the only services I've ever used are Blockbuster and Netflix. Then Netflix sucked with "rental version" stuff, and then with 3D and now 4K... But I wasn't interested in paying high rental prices, so wanted to create a new service, which is what I was referring to. (Though now I'm spending more purchasing stuff to send to others instead, LOL.) There's an elite group (handful) that started using it earlier this month, but I can't post about it, like, anywhere. Of course, I'm not a spammer at all, but it would be relevant when posting here, for example. @nathan_h started a thread over in the Blu-ray Software forum -- I haven't jumped in yet, even though Nathan was spreading some false info. (I don't know if anyone from AVS is using the service, though I've gotten traffic and some registrations from the thread...)

Starring Master P: www.imdb.com/title/tt0131436/

It looks like they have a one-at-a-time subscription now, using a similar model to mine (base price + per rental). But I don't like subscriptions anyway, since I'm not a fan of taking money from people when they're not getting use from a service. Cheap, fair PAYGO, FTW!

They're already missing a lot of plain Blu-ray stuff... And they just don't seem to care about discs like I/we do.
post #1145 of 1319 Old 12-27-2017, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Just an update...I found one of the missing discs inside the enevelop, lol. They put 2 discs in one @ time.
aaronwt likes this.
post #1146 of 1319 Old 01-01-2018, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
How are you guys doing as far as shipping and receiving times?

I’ve had 3 discs never arrive and am now waiting 20 days on another. They’ve made an exception to send the discs @ the beginning of the month, but if I order on the 6th and still haven’t had it shipped on the 26th, there’s no chance I would get 5 discs in @ 2 @ a time.
I just finished my most recent subscription with 3DBRental and it went O.K. I got my five rentals per month. The only reason I quit is that I only rent 3D blurays and had run out of new ones I really wanted to watch.

I will sign up again when the new 3D blurays, like the newest Star Wars, Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers, Justice League and others become available.

December worked well for me on my five per month, one at a time rental subscription by ordering two at the beginning of the month that were both designated "short wait" (Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and War for the Planet of the Apes) and the other three I ordered were listed as immediately available.

I ended up getting the fifth and final disk, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, the first one I ordered, on December 28, just soon enough.

Not bad, considering the Christmas mailing rush.

I've been renting from this company for the past couple of years, off and on.

I also rent off and on from Netflix. Both companies have the same kinds of problems with the postal service. Mailing speed is not what it used to be due to budget cutbacks and other problems.
post #1147 of 1319 Old 01-02-2018, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 69
For a fact Netflix shipping discs to me has become slower. They've closed certain disc location/warehouses too which doesn't help. I used to get 2 turns per week, easily, now I get 3 every 2 weeks if I"m lucky (that's send the disc back the day after receiving it).
3D, on the other hand, has decreased its transit time. It must be due to, early on, everything shipped from their CA location. Now they have a midwest location so shipping to and from has greatly deminished. It used to take @7-8 days and not it's about 5.

I, too, joined just for 3D but found that some 2D titles I wanted the Extended versions or 'full' since Netflix ships a lot of "Netflix" versions which are never extended versions.

They also have BD's of titles Netflix only gets DVD versions. They also have 'older' BD titles that Netflix no longer carries. So I'm mc-luvin' me 3D BD Rental.com.

Now that I'm slowly (REALLY slowly) migrating to 4K at some point in the next 2 years (gotta save up a lotta coin for the 3D Sony) I'll be using them for 4K.

I hope they continue to grow and increase the number of copies to avoid long delays but so far I've been able to fill my 5 per month.
old corps likes this.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #1148 of 1319 Old 01-02-2018, 09:43 PM

Update...

So it seems like the fault lies mostly with the holidays. I have gotten the last few discs on the 2nd weekday from 3dbluray and netflix is back to next day.

Happy holidays everyone!

So what discs have ya'll seen that have looked fantastic? I have man of steel awaiting in a few minutes and dunkirck is on its way.
post #1149 of 1319 Old 01-03-2018, 02:17 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Update...

So it seems like the fault lies mostly with the holidays. I have gotten the last few discs on the 2nd weekday from 3dbluray and netflix is back to next day.

Happy holidays everyone!

So what discs have ya'll seen that have looked fantastic? I have man of steel awaiting in a few minutes and dunkirck is on its way.
Dunkirk looks great. I bought the seven Nolan UHD BDs last month. But so far I've only watched Dunkirk.

As usual this time I year, I don't rent many discs. So the two Discs I currently have from 3d-blurayrental, I've had for several weeks now. I really should drop down from the three out to one out. Since I still have a stack of several dozen unopened UHD BD titles to watch. So I don't think there are many titles I plan on renting in the next couple of months.

post #1150 of 1319 Old 01-03-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Dunkirk looks great. I bought the seven Nolan UHD BDs last month. But so far I've only watched Dunkirk.

As usual this time I year, I don't rent many discs. So the two Discs I currently have from 3d-blurayrental, I've had for several weeks now. I really should drop down from the three out to one out. Since I still have a stack of several dozen unopened UHD BD titles to watch. So I don't think there are many titles I plan on renting in the next couple of months.
So did you want me to just pm you my home address to send those to me when you're done watching?
aaronwt and old corps like this.
post #1151 of 1319 Old 01-11-2018, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Angry not happy

I am a first time renter with them and only received 1 movie + plus that movie had a knick on the back and I didn't want to mess with making it worse and I am still waiting in the other 2 movies I know it isn't them it relies as well on usps
post #1152 of 1319 Old 01-12-2018, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarek Halaby View Post
I am a first time renter with them and only received 1 movie + plus that movie had a knick on the back and I didn't want to mess with making it worse and I am still waiting in the other 2 movies I know it isn't them it relies as well on usps
FWIW, the first month was rough for me and a big part of it was the USPS.

Lately, it seems to be 2-3 days for a disc from ship to receive. I still wait while for discs, but now I'm used to placing an order for a few of them and getting them 3-4 weeks later.

I've been through bout 10 discs now and have' thad a problem with any of them playing. So I'd give em awhile longer before passing judgement.

PS. How're you liking the 4K experience‽‽‽ Just saw the fifth element and wound up very happy with how much of an improvement the 4K disc looked given how old the film is.
post #1153 of 1319 Old 01-13-2018, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 5
so far its ok my first disc was wonder woman got threw less than half an hour and it pixelated it turned out it had a gash on it and it just took a whole week maybe more to receive the other 2 discs they were all shipped out with wonder woman too

Quote:
FWIW, the first month was rough for me and a big part of it was the USPS.

Lately, it seems to be 2-3 days for a disc from ship to receive. I still wait while for discs, but now I'm used to placing an order for a few of them and getting them 3-4 weeks later.

I've been through bout 10 discs now and have' thad a problem with any of them playing. So I'd give em awhile longer before passing judgement.

PS. How're you liking the 4K experience‽‽‽ Just saw the fifth element and wound up very happy with how much of an improvement the 4K disc looked given how old the film is.
post #1154 of 1319 Old 01-30-2018, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 50
not free for subscribers

I noticed lately that there seem to be a lot more of those "not free for subscriber" 3D rentals listed at the 3D-blurayrental site (meaning subscription fees do not cover any of the rental costs).

At the same time, most, if not all, new non-3D blu-ray rentals, including 4K disks, at the site seem to be free for subscribers.

I assume these subscription exceptions are because the cost of some blu-rays are much higher than others, so the company could not afford to offer expensive ones for the subscription fee.

Currently, six of the 10 newest 3D rentals at the site are not free for subscribers. That seems like an unusually high percentage. I wonder if that is because the cost of 3D blu rays is going up. I know that "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets" for instance, is a very expensive disk to buy, at least the region-free version. It rents for about $18.

In the past some of these "not free for subscribers" disks have later become free for subscribers. This happened with "Alice Through the Looking Glass 3D". I'm hoping this is also the case for some of these new 3D rentals that are not covered by subscriptions. Otherwise, there won't be very many 3D blurays I can afford to rent.
post #1155 of 1319 Old 01-31-2018, 07:37 AM
3BR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
I noticed lately that there seem to be a lot more of those "not free for subscriber" 3D rentals listed at the 3D-blurayrental site (meaning subscription fees do not cover any of the rental costs).

At the same time, most, if not all, new non-3D blu-ray rentals, including 4K disks, at the site seem to be free for subscribers.

I assume these subscription exceptions are because the cost of some blu-rays are much higher than others, so the company could not afford to offer expensive ones for the subscription fee.

Currently, six of the 10 newest 3D rentals at the site are not free for subscribers. That seems like an unusually high percentage. I wonder if that is because the cost of 3D blu rays is going up. I know that "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets" for instance, is a very expensive disk to buy, at least the region-free version. It rents for about $18.

In the past some of these "not free for subscribers" disks have later become free for subscribers. This happened with "Alice Through the Looking Glass 3D". I'm hoping this is also the case for some of these new 3D rentals that are not covered by subscriptions. Otherwise, there won't be very many 3D blurays I can afford to rent.
Unfortunately, the trend for 3D Blu-ray releases do not look great...we hope this was not the case. Many of the newer 3D Blu-ray releases are only available as imports or exclusives with limited quantities available for purchase. We price based on cost, supply & demand and unfortunately we have to list these titles this way.
post #1156 of 1319 Old 01-31-2018, 01:25 PM

Just had another interaction with customer service and they earned extra credit and smileys.

Hopefully in time, the website, and fulfillment can improve.
post #1157 of 1319 Old 01-31-2018, 02:52 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post

This is because many of the 3D titles are not available in the US any more. Many new 3D titles need to be purchased from outside the US. I've been with 3d-blurayrental for over five years now. And those imported 3D titles were always the expensive ones.

post #1158 of 1319 Old 02-07-2018, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I'll give these guys a shot since I want to enjoy the full theater experience (UHD+lossless audio) as there are no other viable options other than to purchase every title outright.

NOTE TO THE 3D-BLURAYRENTAL TEAM: My plan is to order the latest titles using the 5-per-month subscription plan. I shall make every attempt to play this game by the rules (YOUR rules, BTW) . If, however, I find I'm nearing the end of my billing cycle and have received few if any discs, then, yes, I will order more available titles. Otherwise I risk shortchanging myself. If I get into multiple overage situations as a result, then we need to have a chat. If you want to charge for overage then you should likewise credit for underage. That's fair and equitable. Then your customers will enjoy your system rather than feel compelled to game it in their favor.
post #1159 of 1319 Old 02-07-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrac View Post
I'll give these guys a shot since I want to enjoy the full theater experience (UHD+lossless audio) as there are no other viable options other than to purchase every title outright.

NOTE TO THE 3D-BLURAYRENTAL TEAM: My plan is to order the latest titles using the 5-per-month subscription plan. I shall make every attempt to play this game by the rules (YOUR rules, BTW) . If, however, I find I'm nearing the end of my billing cycle and have received few if any discs, then, yes, I will order more available titles. Otherwise I risk shortchanging myself. If I get into multiple overage situations as a result, then we need to have a chat. If you want to charge for overage then you should likewise credit for underage. That's fair and equitable. Then your customers will enjoy your system rather than feel compelled to game it in their favor.
I’ve ran into a few issues, but every time, customer service has reponded very fast and more than resolved the issue.
sparky7 likes this.
post #1160 of 1319 Old 04-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anyone renting from Colorado? I rented my first disc, got the confirmation e-mail saying it was shipped 3 days ago, just wondering how long to expect. tick tock tick tock...
post #1161 of 1319 Old 04-13-2018, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Here is my experience so far with 3D bluray rental. My location is near San Diego CA.
I ordered two UHD Bluray disks (made sure to order disks shown as in stock) on Friday April 6th. I got shipping notice Monday April 9th. Disks arrived Friday April 13th.

I also decided to order from rent4k.com. I ordered one UHD bluray (they only let you rent one at a time) on Monday April 9th. Got shipping notice later that day. The disk arrived on Thursday April the 12th.

I thought before I signed up for a subscription plan at 3D, I would try a single disk to check shipping times. If I timed things well, I could probably get at least eight disks a month on their two disks out at a time, 10 disks maximum per month plan. I see they don't make you wait until they have received the disk to ship out new ones.
post #1162 of 1319 Old 04-15-2018, 08:10 AM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker View Post
Here is my experience so far with 3D bluray rental. My location is near San Diego CA.
I ordered two UHD Bluray disks (made sure to order disks shown as in stock) on Friday April 6th. I got shipping notice Monday April 9th. Disks arrived Friday April 13th.

I also decided to order from rent4k.com. I ordered one UHD bluray (they only let you rent one at a time) on Monday April 9th. Got shipping notice later that day. The disk arrived on Thursday April the 12th.

I thought before I signed up for a subscription plan at 3D, I would try a single disk to check shipping times. If I timed things well, I could probably get at least eight disks a month on their two disks out at a time, 10 disks maximum per month plan. I see they don't make you wait until they have received the disk to ship out new ones.
Thanks for trying our service. Shipping times with the post office can be inconsistent. If you have problems reaching your limit, email us and we can help.
dnoonie likes this.
post #1163 of 1319 Old 04-15-2018, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BR View Post
Thanks for trying our service. Shipping times with the post office can be inconsistent. If you have problems reaching your limit, email us and we can help.
Thanks for the reply. I figured it would be Thursday or Friday for a Monday disk departure so shipping time wasn't bad for how far away I am from you.
post #1164 of 1319 Old 04-15-2018, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I've been with this company for a while. I understand the need to recoup funds for the non-US 3D versions but some have not fallen in price so a subscriber can add them to their cart for the month. I wonder if they will ever drop those prices (Beauty & the Beast, etc etc have been $8.99 or above since they hit their website). Otherwise- with the way things are going - more titles will be priced above subscription 'price' than are released in the US! Speaking3D here.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #1165 of 1319 Old 04-15-2018, 05:38 PM

It really seems to depend mostly on the post office these days...

I used to get Netflix films the day after they shipped them to me. Then it would take one day from me to them. I was getting 15+ per month on the 3 @ a time.

For 3d-Bluray...oh, wow...Post Office lost one, then another! Or maybe it eventually showed up, not sure. It took a week to get one here, and now it's sort of evened out. My last disc from them took 1 day to get here.

All in all, it seems we're mostly at the mercy of the post office. That said, the combo of netflix + 3d Blu-ray has been working out extremely well. Nothing beats true 4K intermediate xfers or True HD/DTS HD Master!
post #1166 of 1319 Old 04-18-2018, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsteak View Post
Anyone renting from Colorado? I rented my first disc, got the confirmation e-mail saying it was shipped 3 days ago, just wondering how long to expect. tick tock tick tock...
From Colorado, it took 1 week (shipped Tuesday, received following Monday). For the "one out at a time, 2 a month plan", that will work fine.
post #1167 of 1319 Old 04-26-2018, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
We've located your account. You claimed earlier on this forum that you have not gone over your limits. So the readers are aware, this particular customer has gone over his monthly limit 9 times over the last 2 years. When customers use our system like this, we have to start charging penalties or we would lose money. We gave you multiple warnings about how you were using the system before we charged your account the overage charge. Our policy/system works for most of our customers and we do try to make improvements and work with each customer when possible...it's not perfect but luckily it works well for most of our customers.
This is a lie. I'd never had been charged or notified prior to said event. Hit my limit: yes, hopefully every month. Not sure how you could track down my account, as there's no linkage between my AVS info and my acct with 3BDR.

So you had to make defame a customer complaining about a stupid policy. Classy and shady.

So either you're confused about who's who or you're compelled to lie to make it seem like it's the customer's fault. Here's a clue: it should never ever be the customer's problem. You should prevent the issue!

To my fellow AVS'ers: the facts are simple: good service from 3DBR for 5+ years; got overage charge, posted my dismay here on AVS, the rest is laid out. Just be aware that they will likely attempt to charge you if you pre-order a lot.

3BDr would rather lie and cont said policy that actually do something about it speaks volumes...

JVC 4910, Marantz 7010 AVR, HTPC MPC-HC/MPC-BE x64; MadVR/LAV

Last edited by nightfly85; 04-26-2018 at 08:03 AM.
post #1168 of 1319 Old 04-26-2018, 03:43 PM
3BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
This is a lie. I'd never had been charged or notified prior to said event. Hit my limit: yes, hopefully every month. Not sure how you could track down my account, as there's no linkage between my AVS info and my acct with 3BDR.

So you had to make defame a customer complaining about a stupid policy. Classy and shady.

So either you're confused about who's who or you're compelled to lie to make it seem like it's the customer's fault. Here's a clue: it should never ever be the customer's problem. You should prevent the issue!

To my fellow AVS'ers: the facts are simple: good service from 3DBR for 5+ years; got overage charge, posted my dismay here on AVS, the rest is laid out. Just be aware that they will likely attempt to charge you if you pre-order a lot.

3BDr would rather lie and cont said policy that actually do something about it speaks volumes...

In one of your previous posts, you copy and pasted an email you exchanged with our customer support team on this forum. We were able to use that to find your account. 3BR
Paul.R.S likes this.
post #1169 of 1319 Old 04-26-2018, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
In one of your previous posts, you copy and pasted an email you exchanged with our customer support team on this forum. We were able to use that to find your account. 3BR
Oh that's sad. I was hoping that you got me confused with someone else as I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt as otherwise you did just make it up about 9 overage charges or whatever you stated.

There's really no way to make sure you don't run afoul of the policy and putting the burden on your customers is B.S.

And it makes no sense. I want to re-iterate. I was a happy customer; I liked the service. Got good customer service the few times I needed it. It recently became more pricey and the longer shipping delays - fine with all of that. Was happy till I ran into your "we can't keep track of what titles we have sent you and will send you so you gotta pay more" policy. I think it borders on illegal as there's no way to truly be able to prevent the charges if one has any discs "on order" and one orders "in stock" discs.

JVC 4910, Marantz 7010 AVR, HTPC MPC-HC/MPC-BE x64; MadVR/LAV

Last edited by nightfly85; 04-26-2018 at 04:04 PM.
post #1170 of 1319 Old 04-28-2018, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
Oh that's sad. I was hoping that you got me confused with someone else as I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt as otherwise you did just make it up about 9 overage charges or whatever you stated.

There's really no way to make sure you don't run afoul of the policy and putting the burden on your customers is B.S.

And it makes no sense. I want to re-iterate. I was a happy customer; I liked the service. Got good customer service the few times I needed it. It recently became more pricey and the longer shipping delays - fine with all of that. Was happy till I ran into your "we can't keep track of what titles we have sent you and will send you so you gotta pay more" policy. I think it borders on illegal as there's no way to truly be able to prevent the charges if one has any discs "on order" and one orders "in stock" discs.
Many who know me or my posting history might call me a fussy MF. So it's kinda a BFD for me to call someone fussy.

You're a fussy MF. <Seinfeld voice>Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .</Seinfeld voice> . . . BUT . . .

You could have resolved this--with your warning to your fellow AVSers having been issued--a long time ago by doing as a rep of the service suggested you do: E-mail them. Instead, you've come in here FOUR MONTHS later to kinda (further) show your ass.

The system is not perfect, but the very e-mails you quote from the service with your disparaging prefaces IMO are very reasonable. They can't and shouldn't be expected to predict when pre-orders will ship. That thereby creates the possibility that, once they do, it will put a customer over their limit based upon other activity already posted to an account in one month. DUH. It would be different if the service's attitude towards handling exceptional situations such as this was intransigent. That hardly appears to be the case based upon multiple anecdotal reports from some of the very other members you're so concerned about warning.

I'm reminded of the courtroom bit in A Few Good Men wherein TC's Kaffee is wasting time by belaboring mention of the death of Lt. Col. Markinson. He says he wasn't sure if people were aware he had put a pistol in his mouth the night before. The exasperated judge finally says something to the effect of, 'Counselor, the court members are aware, the jury is aware . . . now continue with your examination.'

You WERE generally happy with the service. You're NOT happy with the overage charges. There appears to be an account management issue on your end. We're duly advised of your experience and opinion. Bastante!
aaronwt likes this.

Last edited by Paul.R.S; 04-28-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page