http://www.3d-blurayrental.com/ - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 243Likes

post #1291 of 1318 Old 07-02-2019, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Perhaps it has to do with USPS, but when I said close, I mean an hour drive. How that takes over a week, I have no idea.

I sincerely hope Netflix will introduce a 4K plan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1318 Old 07-06-2019, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Yes! I got my first one the other day. I had wondered if it was a mistake? Because it seems like without that glue that it coud get caught in the machinery. Since the flap sticks out very far since there is no glue pressing it down.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB)
I got one yesterday with enough glue to rip off part of the return address bar code.

Sent from my state surplus Optiplex 9020 Dell desktop computer.
post #1293 of 1318 Old 07-06-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt:
Just sign up for Informed Delivery from the USPS. It's free and you can see almost every piece of mail headed toward your address. Each piece of mail has a picture taken of it as it goes through the machine. So you can go to the webpage or app and see exactly what pieces of mail should be delivered each day.
I signed up for Informed Delivery a couple of months ago, based on aaronwt's suggestion. It works pretty good for some things, not for others.

Yesterday I got my first delivery from 3d-blurayrental.com this year, but there was nothing about that envelope in my Informed Delivery dashboard.

Of the nine pieces of mail I am getting today, there are no pictures of any of them, and only one picture out of the last 14 pieces of mail, so the odds are slim for getting identification of the envelopes I am most interested in. It seems to work fine for packages for which the sender has paid for tracking, at least.

I think informed delivery is worth keeping, but I don't think it is useful as far as being able to tell when I am going to receive my 3D movie rentals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1294 of 1318 Old 07-06-2019, 02:28 PM

Geostorm

I put Geostorm in my wish list for rental in the near future.

I believe this film was not previously covered by the company's subscription plans, but now it is, so I am looking forward to finally seeing this.
aaronwt likes this.
post #1295 of 1318 Old 07-06-2019, 04:55 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9299 Post(s)
Liked: 5984
Quote:
I put Geostorm in my wish list for rental in the near future.

I believe this film was not previously covered by the company's subscription plans, but now it is, so I am looking forward to finally seeing this.
Thanks. I see the 3D version of Geostorm is there for $7.99. Although I think I had purchased the UHD digital version when I watched it. But I might as well check out the 3D version since disc releases over the SUmmer are typically slim.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1296 of 1318 Old 07-08-2019, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Lightbulb

Quote:
Yesterday I got my first delivery from 3d-blurayrental.com this year, but there was nothing about that envelope in my Informed Delivery dashboard.

I think informed delivery is worth keeping, but I don't think it is useful as far as being able to tell when I am going to receive my 3D movie rentals.
I've never used the rental service, but I'm familiar with what they're using (and pretty much about USPS stuff), and have gotten a few discs from them from their eBay store.

Anyway, haven't used Informed Delivery, but since their shipments aren't processed on the automated equipment, you should never see any pictures of those envelopes.
post #1297 of 1318 Old 07-13-2019, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know what 3d-blurayrental's plans are for more region-free 3D Blu-rays? I'm returning Mortal Engines 3D today which I know wasn't released in the U.S. I have a list of 3D movies from the past year that I've been holding out on:
The Incredibles 2
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Spiderverse
How to Train Your Dragon

I saw a post saying Spiderverse was not coming. So I'll hit Redbox for it.

I've been a long time ala-carte 3D renter who doesn't mind waiting to see a movie in 3D.
aaronwt likes this.
post #1298 of 1318 Old 08-04-2019, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Recently, a few of the 4k discs I've rented have skipped or frozen in the middle of playback. Repeatable location in the movie. Is there a good cleaning method that can alleviate this? The discs do appear to have smudges on them. Is this common? Maybe it's my player?
sparky7 likes this.
post #1299 of 1318 Old 08-05-2019, 04:28 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 4639 Post(s)
Liked: 4485
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
Recently, a few of the 4k discs I've rented have skipped or frozen in the middle of playback. Repeatable location in the movie. Is there a good cleaning method that can alleviate this? The discs do appear to have smudges on them. Is this common? Maybe it's my player?
That is commonly reported with UHD. The technology seems right on the edge of reliability. UHD seems particularly sensitive to smudges and residue from manufacturing, crud that may be invisible to the eye.

Cleaning the disc often has good effects. This procedure from one of the OPPO faqs is what I do: What do I do if a disc will not play?

I haven't yet seen it on UHD, but I presume it is the same case as with Blu-ray: very close inspection of a skipping disc will sometimes reveal almost imperceptible wrinkles on the data side, a manufacturing flaw. A player will try to skip over that but it totally frustrates the computer drives I have used. A difference in the drive firmware or reading software, I presume.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #1300 of 1318 Old 08-05-2019, 12:09 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
I've had no issues with the hundreds of new UHD BD titles I've played since the format launch around February 12th, 2016.. But rentals are another story. If it isn't a new release there are usually fingerprints all over it. Since it seems like most people don't know how to handle discs.

I just use dish detergent and warm water to clean them. And dry them with a lint free cloth. I've been doing that since the mid 80's with CDs. And has always worked for me for CDs, DVDs, HD DVDs, 2K BDs, and now UHD BDs.

post #1301 of 1318 Old 08-14-2019, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
I am new to 3DBRR. I just placed my first rental order Friday and didnt even get a "shipped" email till Tuesday and then it said 5 to 7 business days.. That means I could go 10 days or more between receiving discs. I have the 2 at a time 10/month subscription. By my math there is no way at all I could receive 10 discs in a month (just simply not enough days in a month). Why would they even offer a plan that they cant possibly honor? I will wait to see how soon these discs get here but I have a feeling im going to adjust my plan if not just cancelling all together... Shame as I wanted this to work out.
post #1302 of 1318 Old 08-14-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookfisher View Post
I am new to 3DBRR. I just placed my first rental order Friday and didnt even get a "shipped" email till Tuesday and then it said 5 to 7 business days.. That means I could go 10 days or more between receiving discs. I have the 2 at a time 10/month subscription. By my math there is no way at all I could receive 10 discs in a month (just simply not enough days in a month). Why would they even offer a plan that they cant possibly honor? I will wait to see how soon these discs get here but I have a feeling im going to adjust my plan if not just cancelling all together... Shame as I wanted this to work out.
In my experience, they don't ship on weekends. The ship usually happens in the evening of the next business day after you place the order. I also had a weekend order not ship until tuesday this week, but that is unusual.
post #1303 of 1318 Old 08-14-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
In my experience, they don't ship on weekends. The ship usually happens in the evening of the next business day after you place the order. I also had a weekend order not ship until tuesday this week, but that is unusual.
Ok. But even if it had shipped Monday and it takes 7 business days to arrive...still no way to fulfil a 10 per month subscription. in fact … 6 per month would be the MOST they could reliably fulfill.. and that would have to be no other delays.
post #1304 of 1318 Old 08-14-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Ok. But even if it had shipped Monday and it takes 7 business days to arrive...still no way to fulfil a 10 per month subscription. in fact … 6 per month would be the MOST they could reliably fulfill.. and that would have to be no other delays.
I'm not trying to defend the service or the pricing. I will point out that it's never taken anywhere close to 7 business days for me to receive a disc. Discs shipped Monday evening arrive at my house on Thursday afternoon, reliably.
post #1305 of 1318 Old 08-14-2019, 12:15 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
In my experience it has been faster than that, but USPS blockages do happen. If my rentals have not arrived in a timely fashion I go ahead order the next on my list. I space them out during the month but am careful to get my quota shipped every month.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
post #1306 of 1318 Old 08-14-2019, 12:28 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:

If you are getting new releases, make sure you reserve them seven to eight days before release. This is when they first become available to add to your cart and rent. I do this and get two to three new titles each week. This past Monday I received the Endgame UHD BD. And I'll get a couple of the other new Marvel UHD BD releases later this week.

Sometimes the new releases get sent out several days before the actual retail release. Like Endgame, it came to retail stores yesterday, yet they mailed it to me the previous Friday. The other two new UHD BD Marvel releases I rented were mailed to me on Monday. I should get them between Thursday and Saturday.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

Last edited by aaronwt; 08-14-2019 at 12:32 PM.
post #1307 of 1318 Old 08-14-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure nothing gets shipped on weekends, and when renting on a Friday, do it early in the morning, or it won't get shipped until the following Monday.

As in the above post, I also ordered a movie on a Sunday, and apparently it didn't ship until the following Tuesday. I was also surprised by this.

I live about 900 miles or so from where the movies get shipped. It takes anywhere from four to nine days for them to get to me (based on years of experience) but I have always gotten my five movies per month. This year, the shipping process seems faster so far.

It helps to order "short wait" and in advance of movie release dates, as others have noted in this forum.
post #1308 of 1318 Old 08-14-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Thanks. I see the 3D version of Geostorm is there for $7.99. Although I think I had purchased the UHD digital version when I watched it. But I might as well check out the 3D version since disc releases over the SUmmer are typically slim.
I finally got around to renting this movie this month, since the rental fee dropped (it costs about $3.60 on the five-per-month plan). I did not want to spend the money to buy it, or rent it at the previously listed higher price (when it was not included in the subscription plan). It turned out to be better than expected.

The story is not bad, with some decent performances, but it is predictable. It has the usual material, sabotage, conspiracy, sibling rivalry, working class hero versus dumb bureaucrats. It is scientifically beyond belief. The visuals are impressive, as 3D Bob detailed in his post in the "What Have You Watched Lately" forum.
post #1309 of 1318 Old 08-15-2019, 06:44 AM

[quote=rural scribe;58424470]I finally got around to renting this movie this month, since the rental fee dropped (it costs about $3.60 on the five-per-month plan). I did not want to spend the money to buy it, or rent it at the previously listed higher price (when it was not included in the subscription plan). It turned out to be better than expected.

The story is not bad, with some decent performances, but it is predictable. It has the usual material, sabotage, conspiracy, sibling rivalry, working class hero versus dumb bureaucrats. It is scientifically beyond belief. The visuals are impressive, as 3D Bob detailed in his post in the "What Have You Watched Lately" forum.[/quote.

Predictable indeed

Last edited by snookfisher; 08-15-2019 at 06:49 AM.
post #1310 of 1318 Old 08-16-2019, 06:33 AM

Friday.. still no discs. That's a week. There is NO POSSIBLE way that they can fulfill a 10/mo. subscription plan. Does anyone else have this plan that actually gets 10 per month?
post #1311 of 1318 Old 08-16-2019, 06:49 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Friday.. still no discs. That's a week. There is NO POSSIBLE way that they can fulfill a 10/mo. subscription plan. Does anyone else have this plan that actually gets 10 per month?
I do. I explained how earlier.

-Bill

post #1312 of 1318 Old 08-16-2019, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 268
I only do 2 discs/month and if things are long wait I might not get both discs in a month. If that happens I end up with 3 the next month.
post #1313 of 1318 Old 08-16-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Why is there NO POSSIBLE way? Just order a disc every 3 days. Watch them when they arrive and send them back.
Rudy1 likes this.
post #1314 of 1318 Old 08-16-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Why is there NO POSSIBLE way? Just order a disc every 3 days. Watch them when they arrive and send them back.
I suppose I could do that but I would be breaking the rules or cheating. It says order the next ones after you put the watched discs in the mail. I guess if they don't mind and there is no penalty I could try that.
post #1315 of 1318 Old 08-16-2019, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
It normally has taken 7 to 10 days To receive the discs but I just got one in two days so hopefully something is changed. Good luck for everyone else
post #1316 of 1318 Old 08-16-2019, 06:24 PM
UHD Addict

Quote:
I suppose I could do that but I would be breaking the rules or cheating. It says order the next ones after you put the watched discs in the mail. I guess if they don't mind and there is no penalty I could try that.
I typically order two to three new titles each week. And each week I receive two to three new titles. But I'm on the three out plan. I think I've had fifteen titles out in a month once. And I've had eleven to thirteen titles out in a bunch of months.

post #1317 of 1318 Old 08-28-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For those who have trouble meeting their allowed discs per month due to turnaround times, you should know they were more than happy to work with me. Last year, I explained the problem, and they offered to allow me to have 5 out at a time (same 10-disc plan) at no extra cost. It was no hassle at all and has solved all my problems caused by slow shipping.
aaronwt and dnoonie like this.
post #1318 of 1318 Old 10-03-2019, 02:13 PM

Avengers Endgame 3D

I put in my rental order for Avengers Endgame 3D on October 1. It's been available for rental in other formats for a while, but finally was offered for rental in 3D near the end of September.

I have been waiting quite some time for this to be offered for rent. I was also thinking about buying it, but the price is still up around $25.

I am hoping that that rentals of "Spider-Man Far From Home" and "Aladdin" are also coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , How To Train Your Dragon Two Disc Blu Ray 3d Dvd Combo , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page