What Have You "Watched" Lately? - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 129Likes

post #841 of 843 Old 08-10-2019, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 4111
Everest

3D Blu-ray

Those mountain scenes hiking up the ridge lines were pretty realistic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Everest 3D.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	2601616  
Mr.G and Car67 like this.

Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 843 Old 08-13-2019, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Dragon 3D

He is Dragon 3D Bluray (Russian, German, sub: German)
AKA: On Drakon, I Am Dragon, other....
IMDB
English review 1
English review 2

I watched this German/Russian bluray 2d-3d single disc, after watching the movie on tv and a 2d bluray version in my language. Good depth and pop outs, some flat scenes. Being 3D available only in German/Russian+German subtitles, I'd suggest this after a 2d vision in your own language. Then, once you know the story, if you like it and want more of this movie, this (rare to find) 3d bluray is a good add on to watch in original Russian language, or loading external subtitles.
This is a love story, so I don't want to add more to respect other personal feelings, but I must warn there is very dramatic short intro not suitable for kids(human sacrifice to the dragon, skip forward to the end of it...) followed by dark dragon's lair action (you expect a bit of chase and flames in a dragon movie!) and after 40' it turns old-Disney-proof.
I highly appreciated the story and insights of realization, rebellion and redemption, the beautiful nordic costumes, scenery and music.
In my opinion, if romance is among your movie interests, I'd watch this one ignoring all trailers or reviews to avoid spoilers and opinions although they are mostly positive.
On the other hand, if you are just looking for action dragon adventure, I'd ignore the commercial GOT-like claims and watch something else.

Epson TW5350(HC 2045), Darbee DVP-5000S, Himedia Q5 Pro, 3D RF glasses: Epson, Samsung, Xpand.
FinePix REAL 3D W3, LG Otimus 3D Max, Moeyes 3D Tablet F892B
YT 3D Video Library

Last edited by Car67; 08-13-2019 at 02:38 PM.
post #843 of 843 Old 08-14-2019, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Geostorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
This demands a big screen for 3D due to the detail in the CGI. I have a 160" mini imax screen and the detail is incredible....just sayin'. It has great contrast, so should look great on the OLED. Sit close....
I finally got around to renting this movie when the rental fee dropped. I did not want to spend the money to buy it. It turned out to be better than expected.

The story is not bad, but predictable, with some decent performances. It has the usual material, sabotage, conspiracy, sibling rivalry, working class hero versus dumb bureaucrats. It is scientifically beyond belief. The visuals are impressive, as you said.

I also watched it on a home theater screen in 3D (Da-Lite 77324 60x80, Optoma HD25e, Sony player, Denon surround system). It looks and sounds good.
3DBob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page