BiG Hero 6 , February 24th USA release date. but were is 3D? - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54Likes

post #91 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
I respect some people are collectors and have a sense of pride of ownership of the title in a box, but one must decide which is more important, watching the movie, or having the title in a box on their shelf.
Do you think this is about pride of ownership? Or simply possession? What happens if Vudu doesn't make it? Do you still have the movie? Why do you think Vudu is going to make it?

Most titles now come with DVD/Blu/Dig Copy/3D. You keep asking why we want the other 3 when our digital copy alone is worth more than your Vudu in that we own it. With Vudu there is no possession.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
I don't understand. You claim to have purchased over 500 movies from Vudu but can't afford the normal price of Big Hero 6 at their usual and customary price of $35?
I appreciate the feedback, but I think I may not have been clear with what I was stating. What I meant to say is that I can't justify spending $35 on the Vudu movie when I am limited to watching 3d only on my televisions. I wouldn't have a problem spending the $35, if I could also watch it on my laptop. I use my laptop and tablet to watch Vudu movies all the time. I was so happy when they merged with Disney movie anywhere! Yeah, I can now watch my Disney movies anywhere without having to bring physical media with me.

I hope this helps clarify my personal feelings of not buying 3d from Vudu. Honestly, if I was able to also watch it only my laptop, I would be good. Or if I knew they were working on it.

Good Luck on you Vudu library. I may suggest you adding some other people to your Ultraviolet account. I think you can have up to 5 other members on it. When they add ultraviolet movies, you also get them. Which makes your library much bigger faster.
post #93 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Interesting! I hadn't looked into Ultraviolet yet. My only justification for the Vudu movies is the fact that what I got were just not available anywhere else and the quality is perfectly satisfactory to me. Now it's even better since they have this new agreement with Disney to run exclusive releases before the stores get the DVD. To my understanding from the CEO, this is the new way and it looks like the 3D BD will be on extended delay, especially here in the US. Each country will have their own roll out date.

Is vudu going out of business? I work pretty much full time as a stock trader these days since retiring from the TV business and I do lots of research on the business side of these companies. There is no indication that the owner of Vudu, a division of a public traded company, Walmart Stores is going out of business any time, likely in my lifetime. They haven't even removed any of my purchased titles I bought when they first began the 3D service even though two of those titles are no longer in their catalog for new buyers. I feel the risk reward is certainly in favor of reward. The only people who worry about these things are those who don't have skin in the game. Probably stand a greater risk of having a large collection burned in a home fire than Walmart going out of business.

The regular DVD and Blu Ray 2D I usually give to my daughter since they don't have a 3D TV. She has Netflix account on an Apple TV so I'm pretty sure she can get Vudu. I'll have to see what the security risks are for her to be on my account. She lives in a different city. Not that I don't trust her but... I don't trust her, if you know what I mean.

My 3D and 360VR videos and more
Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR S940, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite:Adobe Premiere, Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director16, i9-7980XE/GTX1080Ti, LG 3D TV DM2752
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The issue I have with this apparent strategy for rolling out 3D later is that my young kids want to watch the movies now.

In 3 - 5 years from now the kids will have grown up past the FROZEN/BIG HERO 6 stage and will be watching something else more age appropriate or current. So I won't be buying these Disney movies in 3D if and when they become available because there won't be anybody in my household that will want to watch them.

As an aside I did buy an import Frozen 3D as well as several other Disney 3Ds. I don't intend to buy any 2D Disney that was theater available 3D and as above I think Disney has missed the opportunity to sell me a disc based movie.

Last edited by DoDaLeCa; 02-11-2015 at 11:49 AM.
post #95 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDaLeCa View Post
The issue I have with this apparent strategy for rolling out 3D later is that my young kids want to watch the movies now.
Just to be clear, there is NO indication from Disney that 3D is coming "later" Or ever. I'd be very surprised if a day comes along and all of a sudden, NEED FOR SPEED, MALEFICENT, FROZEN, etc are going to be announced as scheduled 3D releases...especially after the iron is no longer hot. While 3D disc sales aren't bad, it's certainly not large enough to sell well after so many have had to get it from other countries, or digital outlets, cable, etc. Disney's home video dept may be incompetent, but even they aren't THAT stupid. At no time has Disney said that 3D releases will be "delayed". The only thing we have seen regarding 3D discs is that Disney now seems to have to instituted region-locking on foreign discs...making it even harder for North American consumers to have them.

Any "strategic roll-out" refers to just pushing additional product for FROZEN, and not necessarily 3D. It could be the Sing-Alomg disc or a theme park attraction (confirmed), more figurines or toys, etc. Maybe NEED FOR SPEED will get a Matchbox set of cars. Any assumption that Disney will releases the 3D titles on disc is the U.S. is just that...an assumption. I wish it were otherwise.

Last edited by film113; 02-11-2015 at 12:35 PM.
post #96 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

to all the trolls and whiners- believe what you want and remain a miserable bunch. I'm too busy having fun and enjoyng what I can get. Planning to watch Big Hero 6 in 3D this evening in my HT with the Mrs.

I promise to continue to post what's available when I see it for the benefit of those who wish to join in on the fun. That is what this forum is supposed to be for. To the others

NickTheGreat likes this.

Don Landis HT System: Projector Sony VPL VW665ES Players: Samsung UBD K8500 OPPO BD93 Sony BDP S6200 All Regions Player Denon AVR S940, 7.1 JBL Professional series and Klipsch PS3, XBOX360, Dish VIP722K; 3D Edit Suite:Adobe Premiere, Edius7.53, Vegas Pro v13, Power Director16, i9-7980XE/GTX1080Ti, LG 3D TV DM2752
post #97 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Personally, I don't consider people who are upset about or who dislike what Disney is doing to consumers as "trolling" or "miserable" or "whiners." (Your mileage may vary) After promoting 3D and exhorting people to go DISNEY 3D!!!...customers have every right to call Disney out. The vitriol from a few may be excessive but I don't blame them a bit.

There are people out there, in fact, who have invested mucho $ in their sound systems, for example (not me....just a good A/V receiver...no pre-amps, etc.) who may be peeved that they have to settle for lossy Vudu audio. Just as many are angry that Lionsgate strips down their rental discs to only offer Dolby 5.1 while the retail offers 7.1 DTS-MA. But at least they have the retail option without having to search the world for it.
SFMike likes this.

Last edited by film113; 02-11-2015 at 03:14 PM.
post #98 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3562
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDaLeCa View Post

In 3 - 5 years from now the kids will have grown up past the FROZEN/BIG HERO 6 stage and will be watching something else more age appropriate or current. So I won't be buying these Disney movies in 3D if and when they become available because there won't be anybody in my household that will want to watch them.

As an aside I did buy an import Frozen 3D as well as several other Disney 3Ds. I don't intend to buy any 2D Disney that was theater available 3D and as above I think Disney has missed the opportunity to sell me a disc based movie.
The thing is that in five years from now they'll be other kids who want to watch 'Big Hero 6' and 'Frozen' in 3D, and Disney will be right @ their doorstep.
Some kids are suffering here in North America, right now, and other kids are suffering much much much more in South America.

This is the world we live in, and we just roll with; Darwin, yin yang, ...all that jazz. ...And Disneyland (Disney World) is a big money attraction for mainly kids who can afford it, wherever they live. ...The entire planet is expanding towards all type of money stratagems. ...The rich will always get richer and more corrupted and the poor poorer with nowhere to go but down under. ...Story of all our lives.

With films we can excape reality, with 3D we can dream of a better world, and dreams are only for the ones who can access them in close/tangent reality.
For most poor children they'll never have a chance to excape their misery, for life.

Here in America (USA & North America; Canada) the children have it much better than way down South. ...In vast majority.

* If Disney have good messages of equality, love, peace, ...for all children; they would already aim their message to all the kids around and everywhere.
And by making it hard for the kids here to get their flicks on Blu-ray 3D, they are simply showing what they're all about...a big hero conglomerate corporation of big ego and financial messenger of greed and control over the children here.

We live in the now; and now is only what truly counts. It is now that we can do better for tomorrow and for everyone; in particular for the ones that truly need it, and that's not the rich but the poor. ...Access is key for the poor; deny them access to basic values like shelter, food, water, love, peace, Disney 3D Blu-rays, ...and it's total chaos and they die in that chaos.

...Some' like that anyway.
post #99 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 03:21 PM

Without people like Don here, I'm not sure if I would even exist.
post #100 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 04:33 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9299 Post(s)
Liked: 5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
I completely disagree with your analysis re: streaming. The reason streaming is gaining in popularity is that its "free". It doesn't cost me anything extra to watch a movie on Netflix........................
Free or convenient? Because there is no free streaming from the Netflix I subscribe to. As well as Amazon. I have to pay a fee to both of them to access streaming content.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #101 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 04:36 PM

But isn't it very cheap, like almost free anyway?
post #102 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Well, second time around it was even better. Better in that the image on my screen was much brighter with more intense color than in the Disney Theater. I found the color and image quality as good as the movie Transformers that previously held "my best spot" in image quality rating. There was zero grain and very fine detail with no color banding. I watched one of the 2D featurettes and learned that the enhanced image quality they are getting now is something Disney calls Hyperion Rendering which I plan to do some research on. I felt like I was watching 4K on a VW 1000 Sony Projector ( which I have seen at CES) as opposed to my 90 in 2K.

http://electronicdesign.com/blog/dis...ers-big-hero-6

The sound was only in 5.1 but the quality was really good and placement was obvious and very tight.

All in all an even better experience than in the theater.

I may buy the BD one day but only if it is released with Dolby Atmos or at minimum 7.1 DTS audio which the Vudu doesn't have. I don't have an upgrade to Atmos yet and have no plans to, however, I do have 7.1 speakers and AVR here so that would be the only reason I would buy the disk when it finally is out. In the Disney theater, the only time I actually got the Atmos overhead sound placement was when Hero goes airborne with Baymax. May have been more but it was not obvious.

I also noticed that this stream required a 9 Mbs sustained bandwidth which I had no problem with but prior Vudu 3D movies only required 8 Mbs so it seems this one is rendered at higher bit rate. I suspect streamers like Vudu, Netflix, and maybe even Amazon one day too, are pushing the envelope on bit rate. This is good for some of us seeking higher quality from our streaming content but bad for those who want to see the best quality yet are stuck with slower ISP connection. At least Vudu offers a lower quality stream in resolution for slower speed connects.

Last edited by Don Landis; 02-11-2015 at 07:51 PM.
post #103 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Bob- I don't consider Netflix free either but it is very low cost and it is based on a flat rate here. I pay 8.99 USD here for a month but I understand new customers have a higher rate. Amazon is pay by the program so it can be more expensive. They have a plan as you know that is Amazon Prime that offers a few in their collection, mostly old movies that are "free" but you still pay for Amazon Prime to get those movies. Besides, I find the image quality on Amazon movies low quality. Much higher quality would be Netflix, Sony and Vudu. Hulu and Amazon are in the low quality streams. Hulu was so poor I cancelled my subscription as I could never get through any of their movies due to such poor quality or the stream crashing, "Please try again later" message.

post #104 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 08:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 120
My experience with both Netflix & Amazon Primetime streaming is pretty much identical. Unless it's a really old title they both look outstanding. I used to feel that Vudu HDX was way better but not anymore. All 3 look great to me. JMHO

Ed
post #105 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 09:32 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Netflix & Amazon Primetime streaming is pretty much identical
Good to know. I'll check it out again. Been awhile since I tried Amazon Prime movies.
old corps likes this.

post #106 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 11:50 PM

I understand what you guys are saying (Netflix). I also understand what other people are saying too; picture dropouts, buffering issues, timing issues like no good around 8 or 9PM because of streaming traffic jams, bad picture quality (VHS like with sometimes less than 240 lines), no 3D content, and depending where you live, how many wireless and not wireless devices you have in your family @ home, your modem(s), routers/switchers, Internet speed, Service provider, IPS security number, viruses hanging around sleeping in their hammocks and waiting to "buffer" you and destroy your picture quality, cheap prices with cheap services and cheap quality, ...I could write a book about all the issues that most of all my friends have and the ones that don't think they have issues because they never saw 720p and 1080p before, and they've never heard DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD in their full lossless hi-res audio glory, but I won't.

For whoever is happy with his movies and music streaming abilities and the price he has to pay for his own satisfaction; to him/her I say Bravo!

I'll keep my 3D Blu-rays thank you very much I care so so and so. ...And Disney too.

You happy? Me too. You get the best picture (4K UHD and 3D) and sound (DTSHDMA & DTHD & Dolby Atmos/Auro-3D)? Awesome!
And money you don't care what you pay because you have plenty of it? That's the only way!

@ the end all we truly want is 'Big Hero 6' on Blu-ray, and in 3D? ...And that, is all. ...So very simple, just like Disney used to do before they adopt this new scheme (stratagem, strategy, business/financial oriented plan) of their own device/demise from the heavens of burning hell.

This is it, you want it, go and get it from somewhere else, not here in North America, but from Europe, France, Japan, Germany, Mexico, whoever has it in the rest of our world except here in North America from all our favorite stores and amazon dot com and dot ca.
It is the way it is; we roll with it...Darwin, yin yang, everyday someone dies in Los Angeles and nobody even knows about it.
post #107 of 381 Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 PM

You guys saw the movie 'Collateral' on Blu-ray? ...Directed by Michael Mann and starring Vincent (Tommy Cruise).

Me too, I got the Blu. ...2D - 1080p | DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (48kHz/24-bit).

* Not a single drop of issue, none whatsoever, forever happy ever after.

Last edited by NorthSky; 02-11-2015 at 11:59 PM.
post #108 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 01:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Anybody who doesn't agree with Don's view of the world is a troll/whiner. Personally, I'm sick of his continued violations of forum rules with the insults. He's got passive aggressiveness down to a science, I'll give him that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by film113 View Post
Personally, I don't consider people who are upset about or who dislike what Disney is doing to consumers as "trolling" or "miserable" or "whiners."
Tom Monahan likes this.

Matt
post #109 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 12
In Canada I can't get Disney 3D movies streamed so I'm forced to do something illegal (or at least immoral by spoofing a US address for Vudu, Netflix USA, etc.), order a foreign version of the 3D BD (if region free) or buy the 2D only North American version (not happening anymore).

I'd much prefer the option of buying a domestic Disney 3D bluray.
dew42 likes this.
post #110 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 06:24 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9299 Post(s)
Liked: 5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
My experience with both Netflix & Amazon Primetime streaming is pretty much identical. Unless it's a really old title they both look outstanding. I used to feel that Vudu HDX was way better but not anymore. All 3 look great to me. JMHO

Ed
Yes the same here. With Amazon it can depend on the streamer being used. For instance the Roku boxes only have access to the 720P Amazon encodes. While some other boxes have access to the 1080P encodes. And there is a very noticeable difference between streaming 720P from Amazon and streaming 1080P from Amazon.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #111 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 8
gah, thats too bad. I heard this movie was AMAAAZING and im looking for somethign to test out my first 3d tv evar with :P I guess avatar it is lol.
post #112 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Yes the same here. With Amazon it can depend on the streamer being used. For instance the Roku boxes only have access to the 720P Amazon encodes. While some other boxes have access to the 1080P encodes. And there is a very noticeable difference between streaming 720P from Amazon and streaming 1080P from Amazon.
That's correct! I used to do all my streaming using a PS3 and it is limited to 720P on 3D except for Blu ray disks. One day I decided to research the issue as to what was available for 3D streaming and found the WDTV box for cheap which allowed me to get 1080p with 3D. The difference was astounding on a 92" wide projected image, not so much on a 32" passive display. When I began researching the region free BD player, I discovered one that also had even more apps that delivered 1080p, to include Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, You Tube, Amazon, and a few others. But the image quality I saw on Big Hero 6 was even better. After a bit of research, learned the secret behind what I observed. This new form of rendering for 3D that Disney invented and it, IMO, is taking image quality to a whole new level. I now wonder if the Blu ray version, when released soon will be even better yet?

Speculation is that Big Hero 6 3D on BD will be first released in the UK as region B near the end of March. Sounds familiar as that was the roll out schedule used for Frozen last year.

post #113 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Really? Well, although I have other streaming choices (Sony & Panny 3D bluray players) I've been using Roku for both of them. I'm viewing on a 120" screen from an Epson 5030ub and I swear they both look outstanding and I'm pretty fussy about pq--drives my dear wife nuts. I am blessed with great internet, averages 66 down.

Ed
post #114 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

Is vudu going out of business? I work pretty much full time as a stock trader these days since retiring from the TV business and I do lots of research on the business side of these companies. There is no indication that the owner of Vudu, a division of a public traded company, Walmart Stores is going out of business any time, likely in my lifetime. They haven't even removed any of my purchased titles I bought when they first began the 3D service even though two of those titles are no longer in their catalog for new buyers. I feel the risk reward is certainly in favor of reward. The only people who worry about these things are those who don't have skin in the game. Probably stand a greater risk of having a large collection burned in a home fire than Walmart going out of business.
What now? Are you seriously suggesting that Vudu is backed by the full faith and credit of Walmart? Or is it a subsidiary of Walmart that can be written off without so much as a lawsuit of Walmart? As a FT stock broker I trust you would understand its the latter. Its also notable that Walmart owned a similar digital media company before and all media that was owned was lost when they sold it off and it was disbanded.

Can you imagine buying a car for full sticker price but that you would need to rely on A) an ISP that could go down any time B) a router that could go down at any time and C) a company that could go down at any time to access your ability to drive? You can sell me that car but it better be at 80% off...
post #115 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
What now? Are you seriously suggesting that Vudu is backed by the full faith and credit of Walmart?
Too funny this just conversation just came up--as Target's version of Vudu just bit the dust.

Matt
post #116 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
Too funny this just conversation just came up--as Target's version of Vudu just bit the dust.
As did the Redbox/Verizon version. And Best Buy's CinemaNow has been eviscerated...no more 5.1 audio. I had some movies stored from them and lost 3 or 4 when Sony dropped CN from all their devices. The remaining movies are still there but I have to watch them (If I chose to...and I probably never will) on a laptop. Nothing like first-hand experience to reveal that digital is not ownership...it's just storage, for however long the overlords allow it.

Last edited by film113; 02-12-2015 at 03:55 PM.
post #117 of 381 Old 02-12-2015, 03:52 PM

It's nice to have a place where we can express our opinion about Disney 3D here in North America. ...We have places like Facebook, Twitter, AVSForum, and many other places in the World Wide Web of online express highway of the Internet. ...Our telecommunication system where we live as free planet Earth's inhabitants.

Big Hero 6 is a cool dude, just like a peaceful 'troll'. ...A new superhero that we like to hug because he's cloudy and spongy.

* Don uses the word "troll" as a positive, not a negative. It's a humorous context the one he's putting it in.
And he knows it very well and because of him I learned to like the word now. I finally accepted it as a normal way of life in our new evolved system of communication. We just have to look @ the bright side of life; and that is exactly what Disney 3D Blu-ray is not doing, here.
post #118 of 381 Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I ask this only because I honestly don't know the answer. (I don't use Vudu) Can I get this Big Hero 6 movie on Vudu in full 1080p (or higher), 3D, lossless 7.1 audio, and save the file to some sort of physical device here in my house?

If the answer's yes, I'll buy it today! If not, well... that's why I buy blu-rays.
post #119 of 381 Old 02-13-2015, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
What now? Are you seriously suggesting that Vudu is backed by the full faith and credit of Walmart? Or is it a subsidiary of Walmart that can be written off without so much as a lawsuit of Walmart? As a FT stock broker I trust you would understand its the latter. Its also notable that Walmart owned a similar digital media company before and all media that was owned was lost when they sold it off and it was disbanded.

Can you imagine buying a car for full sticker price but that you would need to rely on A) an ISP that could go down any time B) a router that could go down at any time and C) a company that could go down at any time to access your ability to drive? You can sell me that car but it better be at 80% off...
First off I am not a full time stock broker. I manage my own portfolio as an investor. I do not manage other people's money.

And yes I do recognize that a business may sell off it's parts, or go out of business and the service would be lost. But that is a risk I am willing to take. I had over 500 DVHS movies I collected and when the format died, along with 3 of the 4 DVHS players, the 4th was incompatible, I made the decision to trash the whole collection. Do I feel the loss? Not really since I recorded the movie collection and rarely watched any of those titles on a repeat viewing.

There may come a day when Walmart goes out of business or sells off the Vudu division, but by then I probably will not have watched Big Hero 6 or Planes and a dozen other titles in several years. The bottom line is what difference does it make if I lose a title on Vudu 2-5 years from now or never got the title at all because of the naysayer's prediction come true that it never is released any other way? The difference is for the few years I have the title to enjoy, while the fearmongers of Walmart going out of Vudu business never got to see it anyway. Consequently the logic of going out of business and losing a copy makes no sense.

Anything is possible, who would have thought that Sears is on the verge of going belly up? what will I do with my Craftsman tools that I have a lifetime replacement warrantee? Lets worry about the loss of old movies when that day comes. Most likely I'll be dead or don't care because there are too many new titles to occupy my time.

To me the bigger concern is if I decide to watch a movie and my internet goes down. That still happens about 1-2 times a year for a couple hours at most.

post #120 of 381 Old 02-13-2015, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Chris- the quality of Vudu 3D is pretty good with a really good and sustainable internet service that maintains 9-10 Mbs down so no buffering. Vudu's codec is fixed to the bit rate does not throttle with your speed. It maintains quality and if you buffer too much you'll need to revert to a lower quality throughout the movie. ( HD vs HDX setting) I have Frozen in BD and on Vudu and that movie's image quality, noise level, and detail are the same on my 92" screen.

The audio on Big Hero 6 is quite good but the meta data is only at 5.1 so this is restricted on this title. Some Vudu titles do offer 7.1 so the service isn't technically restricted. I have looked at the bit rate of the vudu downloads and it is similar to that on the disk. Most high end Home theater screens can display the variable bit rates for sound and video streams from the media. I do believe that when the BD is released next month the audio will be Dolby Atmos and that will be the advantage of having the title on BD vs. Vudu. But you will need a compatible Home theater with Atmos and a region free player to experience that advantage.

Bob-
Quote:
* Don uses the word "troll" as a positive, not a negative. It's a humorous context the one he's putting it in.
And he knows it very well and because of him I learned to like the word now. I finally accepted it as a normal way of life in our new evolved system of communication. We just have to look @ the bright side of life; and that is exactly what Disney 3D Blu-ray is not doing, here.
Just so there is no confusion- I define a Troll as one who constantly follows objective and informative posts with repeated diatribe of complaints just to stir up arguments and negative attitude, often coupled with statements of personal opinion that are not based in fact and some outright lies. All for the purpose of promoting a personal hate agenda.
A whiner is not so vindictive as a Troll. A whiner just repeats his dissatisfaction over and over hoping to gain sympathy from like minded pouters.

For example this is the dialog of a thread infected with trolls and whiners-

A post that states: "Big Hero 6 will be released on March 24 on 3D BD in region B through Amazon UK I look forward to this."

A Troll responds- This is not an official release and Disney is just trying to destroy 3D. They are stupid and are losing money by refusing to offer 3D in the US. Disney is evil... and on and on and over and over and over in every thread where a simple piece of information is presented to help others know what is going on. The Troll is only interested in generating a hate message to create arguments on the forum.

The whiner responds: I too don't like Disney and upset that they don't give me what I want when I want for what I want to pay. I'm a poor sole and can't afford what Disney charges and can't afford to buy from overseas because I spent all my money on a $120,000 Home Theater with Dolby Atmos and a 4K screen and now can't afford a BD player with region free mod for $60. Why must I buy a region free? because Disney makes me that's why. Me Me Me I I I I etc. whine whine, whine,

Oh the forum is so G.D. boring lately. I just want to go back to my HT and watch another Vudu and enjoy what is offered. The trolls and whiners can wallow in their misery, on the outside looking in.

Do Trolls really despise the hand that feeds them? I don't think so. By definition, a Troll is only interested in stirring up arguments , hate, and controversy.

Now Bob- Good or Bad, please change how you feel about my use of the words Troll and Whiner. I hope the above clarifies it. I really do want the Trolls and whiners to go start their own thread and stay away from the threads that are designed to inform. Heck title the thread Disney is evil for all I care, just stop trolling and whining in the information threads. If you have an update, that says Disney is delaying a release date previously announced, that is good info too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page