3d Blu-ray Found Deals - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40Likes

post #181 of 190 Old 07-23-2019, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by surroundsound99 View Post
I don't like buying anything from the Amazon marketplace because I don't trust that what I'm buying is legit. A quick search on Best Buy says they have 265 3D titles. My question is, are these legit copies? Best Buy's website doesn't say it's from a "marketplace", which leads you to believe they are legit copies, but I think it's strange that Best Buy says they have so many titles allegedly in-house whereas it seems (though hard to prove) that Amazon has to outsource so many 3D titles. What do you think? Are these legit? Or are they outsourced and therefore who knows?
I have bought hundreds of cds, dvds, books and other stuff from Amazon and never gotten something that was not legit. And Amazon has the best return department in the world. So if you have a problem they will solve it.
old corps and krauley like this.

LG OLED55C6P
Sony STRDH770, Sony UBP-X800, Sony PS3 160
2 - Polk TSi300, 1 - Polk CS10, 4 - Polk T15, 1 - Polk PSW125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 Old 07-23-2019, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by surroundsound99 View Post
I don't like buying anything from the Amazon marketplace because I don't trust that what I'm buying is legit. A quick search on Best Buy says they have 265 3D titles. My question is, are these legit copies? Best Buy's website doesn't say it's from a "marketplace", which leads you to believe they are legit copies, but I think it's strange that Best Buy says they have so many titles allegedly in-house whereas it seems (though hard to prove) that Amazon has to outsource so many 3D titles. What do you think? Are these legit? Or are they outsourced and therefore who knows?
3D Blu-rays sold on Amazon.com Marketplace are likely imported from another country or another store and marked up in price - same as ebay. I track down the source and buy direct.

Bestbuy used to have exclusives where amazon was not able to sell the disc for a period of time. Amazon may not have bothered to stock it later or they sold out.

If you get a burnt disc from Amazon Marketplace, my guess is a complaint to amazon would shut down that seller.
post #183 of 190 Old 07-24-2019, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew42 View Post
3D Blu-rays sold on Amazon.com Marketplace are likely imported from another country or another store and marked up in price - same as ebay. I track down the source and buy direct.

Bestbuy used to have exclusives where amazon was not able to sell the disc for a period of time. Amazon may not have bothered to stock it later or they sold out.

If you get a burnt disc from Amazon Marketplace, my guess is a complaint to amazon would shut down that seller.
Thank you for everyone's input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 190 Old 07-24-2019, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:

I usually use Amazon.co.uk for imports but in this rare instance there was a better price in the US, and I have actually had trouble with my last several orders from amazon uk. Shipments damaged, lost, wrong item sent. One order went wrong 3 times in a row, took over a month to get a broken product in hand (case shattered) and because it had already been replaced, I only had the option to return it. Return shipping costs more than both the item and the allowable shipping limit.
post #185 of 190 Old 07-25-2019, 04:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAvery View Post
I usually use Amazon.co.uk for imports but in this rare instance there was a better price in the US, and I have actually had trouble with my last several orders from amazon uk. Shipments damaged, lost, wrong item sent. One order went wrong 3 times in a row, took over a month to get a broken product in hand (case shattered) and because it had already been replaced, I only had the option to return it. Return shipping costs more than both the item and the allowable shipping limit.
Amazon Canada has the option of printing a return label that is paid for by Amazon. I've never had to return to the UK. Is that not an option? What was their limit?

First-Class Mail International Retail Large Envelopes (Flats) price group 3 (UK). Blu-ray and cardboard envelope is about 5 oz. so $6.04 USD (4.83 GBP).

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c341
post #186 of 190 Old 07-25-2019, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Amazon Canada has the option of printing a return label that is paid for by Amazon. I've never had to return to the UK. Is that not an option? What was their limit?

First-Class Mail International Retail Large Envelopes (Flats) price group 3 (UK). Blu-ray and cardboard envelope is about 5 oz. so $6.04 USD (4.83 GBP).

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c341
They only offer self-shipping with refunded charges, up to an allowance. I reused an Amazon disk mailer, which they considered a package, so the cost was $14.25. Amazon would cover a little under $11 in postage. The item cost about the same.
post #187 of 190 Old 07-25-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Another uk delivery today, 3 discs released from spindles in shipping. processed return for the most egregious already. They send them wrapped in paper, essentially, instead of sturdy containers. it starts out as cardboard, but all the corrugations are crushed in transit.

edit: 4 out of 8 had loose discs. 2 were the 3d discs, of course.

Last edited by ScottAvery; 07-25-2019 at 08:47 PM.
post #188 of 190 Old 10-28-2019, 02:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Local Big Lots! (Sterling, VA) had a lot of 3D blurays in the $5 bin this weekend. Unfortunately I had already gotten some of them from Amazon UK, but I still found 3 I needed and had a $5 off $15 purchase coupon in my email.

I didn't write down a list, but I remember these:

Sponge Bob Square Pants
Mega Mind
Kung Fu Panda
Star Trek Into Darkness
Hercules (Dwanye Johnson version)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Megan Fox version)
World War Z
Terminator Genisys

more I am probably forgetting
post #189 of 190 Old 11-14-2019, 04:00 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just rec'd "Mortal Engines" 3D + Blu-ray 2 disc set from Rarewaves on E-Bay, for $14.35 shipped.
Briefly played a few chapters, and it is region free although listed as region B. Looks really good with pop outs and depth !! Will watch with family this weekend.
post #190 of 190 Old 12-01-2019, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 934 Post(s)
Liked: 26759
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerbill View Post
Just rec'd "Mortal Engines" 3D + Blu-ray 2 disc set from Rarewaves on E-Bay, for $14.35 shipped.
Briefly played a few chapters, and it is region free although listed as region B. Looks really good with pop outs and depth !! Will watch with family this weekend.

1 available at Rarewaves as I type... More at higher prices.

Regards, Ken (Retired)
7.1.2) Denon 4520CI; Aircom T-8, Samsung 55H8000; OPPO 203; 6x SVS Ultra BS,
Ultra Center; FH 2xPolk; Rythmik F12; CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD (x2)
2.1 Ch.) Nak RE-1, CR7A, BD F7500, Denon 300F/Ortofon 2M Bronze;
ADS L1290(x2); PINNACLE BABYBOOMER SUB, PANAMAX MR4300

Last edited by Matt2026; 12-01-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page