Ralph Breaks the Internet 3D - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

post #61 of 90 Old 04-26-2019, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 72
So...Is there a 3d version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 90 Old 04-26-2019, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAlam View Post
So...Is there a 3d version?
Hopefully...

I preordered the Japanese 4k/UHD version which appears to include a 3D blu-ray based on the packaging/artwork. It already shipped and it's scheduled for delivery on Monday by DHL express so I will confirm on that date if it does have 3D or not (if someone else doesn't confirm first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Don't think there were any dual discs like that, HD DVD/Blu ray but there were a few dual format players. I think it was just HD DVD on one side and DVD on the other for the combo discs. And Paramount released on both for a while early and went HD DVD only until the end.

I see in my email Ralph has shipped.
Ah, yeah that's what I was thinking. I meant DualDisc as in the format with CD on one side and DVD on the other (or sometimes DVD-V on one side and DVD-A on the other).

Congrats on Ralph, can't wait to get it!

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB | Sony 65X900A | Sony 55X900A | Samsung UN40H5500
MEDIA: Oppo UDP 203 | Oppo BDP 103 | Apple TV | Amazon FireTV | Nintendo Switch
RECEIVER: Yamaha Aventage RX-A820
AUDIO: Monitor Audio Silver 100 (front), Monitor Audio Silver C350 (center), Monitor Audio Shadow 25 (rear), Rythmik L22 (sub)

Last edited by impetigo; 04-26-2019 at 09:01 AM.
post #63 of 90 Old 04-26-2019, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Got mine today. We have a winner. Of course menus are in Japanese, took the use of google translate app to navigate to turn on english audio and then turn off japanese subs. Also had to turn off 3d in order to capture the text in translate app, and turn 3D back on after all figured out.
Just tested the film, didn't watch full way through.
PCummins likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 90 Old 04-26-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramentojoe View Post
Got mine today. We have a winner. Of course menus are in Japanese, took the use of google translate app to navigate to turn on english audio and then turn off japanese subs. Also had to turn off 3d in order to capture the text in translate app, and turn 3D back on after all figured out.
And...exhale. 3D after all.

Awesome! Already? I wasn't expecting mine for another week.

Maybe if you figure out the correct remote keystrokes would set the Eng audio from main menu? Like right, right enter up, up, enter. This one sounds like I may throw it on my KDLINKS box in iso format and use the soft menu.

Pics of the disc? If it's not too much trouble so we can all drool. I imagine most of us won't receive until sometime next week or so.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #65 of 90 Old 04-26-2019, 05:59 PM

Here is the disc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190426_175819_1556326735238.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	2558618  
post #66 of 90 Old 04-26-2019, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 164
All I got was a "Sorry we missed you." card. Some of us have to work during DHL hours.

The golden age of home delivery... Now I can pick milk up 24/7 at the convenience store.

(Note the milk chute on the wall.)

Sorry. Just wishing some couriers would modernize.

A secure parcel chute, like an ATM, would be clever. Or even pickups at late evening/weekend convenience stores (kind of like the postal service started a decade ago).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0507002562-l.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	2558654  

Last edited by dew42; 04-26-2019 at 09:19 PM. Reason: rant
post #67 of 90 Old 04-26-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew42 View Post
All I got was a "Sorry we missed you." card. Some of us have to work during DHL hours. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]
I was able to waive signature requirement online. You may have to register to be able to. I think I registered with them in the past. Got a text notification the other day about upcoming delivery.
post #68 of 90 Old 04-27-2019, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
I was able to waive signature requirement online. You may have to register to be able to. I think I registered with them in the past. Got a text notification the other day about upcoming delivery.
post #69 of 90 Old 04-27-2019, 01:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 507
That's why I ship my packages to work. Any payments, signatures, etc are easily dealt with.

Might want to check with your work - a lot of shipping and receiving departments will allow personal packages to be delivered there. Saves 99% of problems.
post #70 of 90 Old 04-27-2019, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by impetigo View Post
I wish I had kept my g1 PS3 and fixed it (it had the typical overheating failure problem that many first gen units had) as it was a cool device. Blu-ray, SACD and PS2 compatibility (although I never have or probably ever will own a PS2 disc), 4 USB ports, use it to rip SACDs (although my Oppo can do this too), etc.
The first gen PS3's were pretty good hardware at the time, just a shame over time the thermal paste dried out and/or quite a few were hit with poor quality solder balls as well (that and poor quality capacitors are to blame for a lot of premature hardware failures). The PS2 emulation/upscaling was quite an improvement over the analog PS2 output in most cases so if you were an early adopter upgrading it was worth it. Nowadays looks like Sony moving more to be like Microsoft so the PS5 is backwards compatible with the PS4, the work MS has done with Xbox One for 360/Original compatibility is impressive.

Having said that if Ralph Breaks the Internet is Region A locked I'll need to break out my US PS3 to play it back which will be a good excuse to give it a clean & check at the same time.

Quote:
THANK YOU. I just preordered both End Game and Capt Marvel on Zavvi (never used them before) as it was cheaper to get End Game than on Amazon.fr and I prefer the non-steelbook versions for storage. I will keep my other preorders for now just in case and just sell them on ebay at some point if they all end up shipping.
Not a problem. Zavvi's been reliable for me, they added more tracking options recently for preorders now which was not available previously (which is a concern on high-value preorders). Though, if you're not after steelbook/special editions probably worth checking them for sales to see how they compare to Amazon (or other retailers).
post #71 of 90 Old 04-29-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Got a delivery from DHL today... Ralph Breaks the Internet... at long last... yes, it does indeed have a 3D blu-ray in there along with 4k/UHD, etc. And if you guys thought they price gouge in the U.S. for 3D, well, 7,800 yen is about $70 USD, yikes! Luckily, they discounted it a good amount from that. Here's some eye candy for you 3D aficionados out there...

dew42 and jorgebetancourt like this.

AUDIO: Monitor Audio Silver 100 (front), Monitor Audio Silver C350 (center), Monitor Audio Shadow 25 (rear), Rythmik L22 (sub)

Last edited by impetigo; 04-29-2019 at 03:16 PM.
post #72 of 90 Old 04-29-2019, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Got mine today too. Just waiting on Spider-Man.

This line intentionally left blank.
post #73 of 90 Old 04-29-2019, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 64
This is so amazingly lame that Disney makes us jump through all these hoops to obtain a product we want but they refuse to sell. It just boggles the mind how wrong this is and how greedy and stupid the manufacturers have become. It's not like Disney is hurting financially so they can't make a niche market THEY promoted happy. Now paramount refuses to issue 3D WORLDWIDE. This so sucks. But hey they are showing high priced 8K TVs now with NO available content 2d or 3D. The greed and lack of customer satisfaction is truly amazing.
post #74 of 90 Old 04-30-2019, 02:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMike View Post
This is so amazingly lame that Disney makes us jump through all these hoops to obtain a product we want but they refuse to sell. It just boggles the mind how wrong this is and how greedy and stupid the manufacturers have become. It's not like Disney is hurting financially so they can't make a niche market THEY promoted happy. Now paramount refuses to issue 3D WORLDWIDE. This so sucks. But hey they are showing high priced 8K TVs now with NO available content 2d or 3D. The greed and lack of customer satisfaction is truly amazing.
I hear you, brother! Totally sucks and it p*sses me off too, but what can you do. The movie studios and TV companies really screwed it up but at this point, I'm thrilled to be able to get this in 3D at all, even at a premium. Because, like most major animation studio films, this one looks really good in 3D. I can do without Hotel Transylvania 3 in 3D (although I would have bought it for sure if it came out in 3D) but to get a recent, major Disney release is awesome.

I hope Disney keeps 3D alive at least for Frozen II, Star Wars 9, Avengers End Game, Toy Story 4, Lion King and Aladdin (live action). And if they converted the only Pixar movies not to get the 3D treatment (Incredibles, Bugs Life, Wall-E), I would be fairly content even without any more 3D releases.

Quote:
On my Oppo I just pressed the buttons for subtitles and audio to select english and no subtitles (default is Japanese audio with English subtitles, although maybe this is based on my Oppo settings). The menu is pretty simple too, with three selections on the main menu, of which the first (left most) button plays the movie.

post #75 of 90 Old 04-30-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I hear you, brother! Totally sucks and it p*sses me off too, but what can you do. The movie studios and TV companies really screwed it up but at this point, I'm thrilled to be able to get this in 3D at all, even at a premium. Because, like most major animation studio films, this one looks really good in 3D. I can do without Hotel Transylvania 3 in 3D (although I would have bought it for sure if it came out in 3D) but to get a recent, major Disney release is awesome.

I hope Disney keeps 3D alive at least for Frozen II, Star Wars 9, Avengers End Game, Toy Story 4, Lion King and Aladdin (live action). And if they converted the only Pixar movies not to get the 3D treatment (Incredibles, Bugs Life, Wall-E), I would be fairly content even without any more 3D releases.

Quote:
On my Oppo I just pressed the buttons for subtitles and audio to select english and no subtitles (default is Japanese audio with English subtitles, although maybe this is based on my Oppo settings). The menu is pretty simple too, with three selections on the main menu, of which the first (left most) button plays the movie.
I've already pre-ordered Endgame, along with HTTYD 3 and Captain Marvel
Those and Star Wars 9 are the ones I really want, anything else would be nice but unnecessary.
Agreed RE Hotel Transylvania 3, but I'll manage. Two releases I'm disappointed not to get are MI6 3D and Bumblebee 3D. Found MI6 SBS online, but of course it's not the same.
Bumblebee I missed in theater, and not enticing enough to grab on disc without 3D, so probably will never watch.

No Oppo for me. Just PS4.
post #76 of 90 Old 04-30-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've already pre-ordered Endgame, along with HTTYD 3 and Captain Marvel
Those and Star Wars 9 are the ones I really want, anything else would be nice but unnecessary.
Agreed RE Hotel Transylvania 3, but I'll manage. Two releases I'm disappointed not to get are MI6 3D and Bumblebee 3D. Found MI6 SBS online, but of course it's not the same.
Bumblebee I missed in theater, and not enticing enough to grab on disc without 3D, so probably will never watch.

No Oppo for me. Just PS4.
Yep, I've preordered all the same ones too. Agree about MI: Fallout and Bumblebee, would love those in 3D. Saw Fallout in the theater in 2D and didn't see Bumblebee and definitely won't buy it if not 3D. Actually, I only buy some animation on 2D blu-ray, but almost exclusively buy only 3D physical media.

The PS4 doesn't have any audio/subtitle buttons? I seem to recall even my PS3 had those buttons, although on the PS3 remote. If you use a Harmony you could program those buttons but if you don't I can see how that would be a pain.

post #77 of 90 Old 05-02-2019, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Got mine today too. Just waiting on Spider-Man.
Mine arrived a few days ago and Spder-Man today (sourced from India). Some discussion on the spidey visuals with the style of the animation. Hope I don't mind. I watched the first few minutes of Ralph in 3D just to be sure. Looks good!
post #78 of 90 Old 05-02-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
The PS4 doesn't have any audio/subtitle buttons? I seem to recall even my PS3 had those buttons, although on the PS3 remote. If you use a Harmony you could program those buttons but if you don't I can see how that would be a pain.
Not on the controller or the PDP PS4 media remote (the pseudo-official remote). So you'd need to enter the popup menu to adjust on-fly or from the main menu before starting the movie.
post #79 of 90 Old 05-03-2019, 01:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCummins View Post
Not on the controller or the PDP PS4 media remote (the pseudo-official remote). So you'd need to enter the popup menu to adjust on-fly or from the main menu before starting the movie.
That sucks! I guess if it's just for one or two movies it would be tolerable.

post #80 of 90 Old 05-03-2019, 02:38 AM

Quote:
That sucks! I guess if it's just for one or two movies it would be tolerable.
Never noticed it being a major issue for me. I typically have to turn English subtitles on for my friend who is not a native English speaker and has issues understanding what people are saying at times. On the flip side I'd be turning it on for foreign movies (South Korean, Chinese, Japanese or others) so it's not really a big deal. Though, it may take a bit of figuring out the first time for say, Ralph Breaks the Internet if you needed to navigate the menu if it's in Japanese, so the PS4 Options menu is probably easier since it should be all in English to show what Language/Subtitles are used.
post #81 of 90 Old 05-03-2019, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Never noticed it being a major issue for me. I typically have to turn English subtitles on for my friend who is not a native English speaker and has issues understanding what people are saying at times. On the flip side I'd be turning it on for foreign movies (South Korean, Chinese, Japanese or others) so it's not really a big deal. Though, it may take a bit of figuring out the first time for say, Ralph Breaks the Internet if you needed to navigate the menu if it's in Japanese, so the PS4 Options menu is probably easier since it should be all in English to show what Language/Subtitles are used.
Oh, if there's an options menu then that would be same as using a remote to change the audio/subtitles. I wonder how well the default language/subtitles options work in this type of situation (default of English audio and no subtitles).

post #82 of 90 Old 05-04-2019, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Oh, if there's an options menu then that would be same as using a remote to change the audio/subtitles. I wonder how well the default language/subtitles options work in this type of situation (default of English audio and no subtitles).
I guess so - checking the PDP PS4 Remote it has the Options button as well as the Top Menu/Pop-Up Menu button but that's been accessible using the Square button on a controller or the Options button as well. I'm still awaiting my copy of Ralph Breaks the Internet to see whether the disc uses the English defaults.
post #83 of 90 Old 05-06-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
OK tested the disc out, default is to override OS defaults on the PS4 so it uses stream 2 audio (Japanese) with no subtitles enabled. It's pretty easy to set back to English via the PS4 Options, if you needed to use the Pop-up Menu it's the 3rd option, then Left = Audio, Right = Subtitles. For Audio option 1 is English, Subtitles is option 3 for Off, however any Blu-Ray player that can show stream metadata should make that easier.

Incidentally the 3D disc is Region Free from what I can tell, played with no issues on a Australian PS4 despite the label saying it's Region A.
post #84 of 90 Old 05-06-2019, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Incidentally the 3D disc is Region Free from what I can tell, played with no issues on a Australian PS4 despite the label saying it's Region A.
Nice! A little more incentive to those on the fence due to the cost (about $60 when I bought it).

post #85 of 90 Old 05-08-2019, 01:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Just picked this up too, ordered it on Friday and arrived today.
post #86 of 90 Old 05-09-2019, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Ebay has them a lot cheaper, but they are not legal. Just letting you know.

LG 77G6P/OPPO 203 REGION FREE
LG 65G6P/OPPO 203 REGION FREE
LG 65C6P/OPPO 203
post #87 of 90 Old 05-19-2019, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
It seems like 3d was also released in France.
post #88 of 90 Old 05-19-2019, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtnmrtn View Post
It seems like 3d was also released in France.
Sorry, wrong info.
post #89 of 90 Old 05-20-2019, 04:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked: 391
I felt compelled to check out Amazon's German reviews and guess what?

The 7 leading "One Star" reviews, criticizing the absence of 3D, received between 48-91 "helpful" clicks. There are currently 36% Five-Star-reviews and 52% One-Star-reviews...

I'm not sure if our complaints can move Disney, but perhaps Amazon can...?

With all the talk about video piracy and bootleg downloading one would think Disney would keep niché markets for physical discs intact where aforementioned topics aren't an issue, but instead they abandon these.

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
post #90 of 90 Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank714 View Post
I felt compelled to check out Amazon's German reviews and guess what?

The 7 leading "One Star" reviews, criticizing the absence of 3D, received between 48-91 "helpful" clicks. There are currently 36% Five-Star-reviews and 52% One-Star-reviews...

I'm not sure if our complaints can move Disney, but perhaps Amazon can...?

With all the talk about video piracy and bootleg downloading one would think Disney would keep niché markets for physical discs intact where aforementioned topics aren't an issue, but instead they abandon these.
Good! I might just pop over there to upvote some negative "no 3D" reviews. While I'm at it I might wonder over to the MI:Fallout and Alpha pages too!
Frank714 and dfa973 like this.

BenQ HT3050 (Previously BenQ W1070, Epson 8350, Mits HD1000u)
Elite 100" Spectrum Electric 16:9 Screen
Pioneer VSX-1131
SVS SBS-01/PB12-NSD 5.1.2 system
HTPC/Pimax5k+/XboxOneX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Tags
Disney , disney 3d

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page