10Likes

post #31 of 59 Old 04-19-2019, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by impetigo View Post
I've bought over thirty 3D blu-rays from Amazon UK in the past 6 months because of availability, price, and the shipping speed is really not that bad. It's my go to now for 3D, especially since I don't need to use Google to translate the pages.
just checked and from amazon Uk is 19 with one being a reg bluray and the rest being 3d dics. and from amazon fr i bought 3 4k+3d blurays.

from amazon here in the states i have ordered 1 4k, 1 bluray, and 6 3d blurays so yeah the overseas market has more, better and cheaper blurays that i want. but that wasnt the case a few years back when i didnt have a 4k tv and i could find all the 3d blurays i wanted here. now that ive sorted through what i bought in the last six months i feel sick. going to lay down now...

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
Emotiva, XMC-1 V3, Xpa-2, Xpa-5
PSA V1801
Airmotiv T2(front), C2(Center), T1(surrounds), E1(surround backs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 59 Old 04-19-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by krauley View Post
but that wasnt the case a few years back when i didnt have a 4k tv and i could find all the 3d blurays i wanted here. now that ive sorted through what i bought in the last six months i feel sick. going to lay down now...
Yeah, wasn't that long ago when Disney was one of the best studios for putting out 3D, especially with Disney/Pixar releases getting 3D, blu-ray, DVD, and digital copy (all great when you have kids). I wish Disney would take pity on us few 3D fans and throw us a final bone before completely bowing out of the 3D market -- by releasing the 3D version of The Incredibles (first one) that they reportedly converted and finished years ago (around the time they released Ratatouille in 3D, which is incredible btw). Pains me to know it's been done but will likely never see the light of day.

VIDEO: Epson 5040UB | Sony 65X900A | Sony 55X900A | Samsung UN40H5500
MEDIA: Oppo UDP 203 | Oppo BDP 103 | Apple TV | Nintendo Switch
RECEIVER: Yamaha Aventage RX-A820
AUDIO: Monitor Audio Silver 100 (front), Monitor Audio Silver C350 (center), Monitor Audio Shadow 25 (rear), Rythmik L22 (sub)
post #33 of 59 Old 04-20-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah, wasn't that long ago when Disney was one of the best studios for putting out 3D, especially with Disney/Pixar releases getting 3D, blu-ray, DVD, and digital copy (all great when you have kids). I wish Disney would take pity on us few 3D fans and throw us a final bone before completely bowing out of the 3D market -- by releasing the 3D version of The Incredibles (first one) that they reportedly converted and finished years ago (around the time they released Ratatouille in 3D, which is incredible btw). Pains me to know it's been done but will likely never see the light of day.
this doesnt pertain to this thread but to reply i think i have pretty much bought all the existing 3d titles that i wanted here in the last few months. Now ill either buy really cheap 3d movies i havent seen or the new movies that i want as they release. So aside from wading through web page after web pages looking for new releases or preorders i am done

Now back on topic, has anyone here received the amazonfr 4k3d bluray combo? i saw something about the audio for english being only 5.1 dd+ and not atmos which i believe was an error on my small brains ability to handle the data i read but just in case has anyone received their copy and can confirm the audio for me.

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
PSA V1801
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 59 Old 04-20-2019, 10:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
this doesnt pertain to this thread but to reply i think i have pretty much bought all the existing 3d titles that i wanted here in the last few months. Now ill either buy really cheap 3d movies i havent seen or the new movies that i want as they release. So aside from wading through web page after web pages looking for new releases or preorders i am done .
Same here. It was pricey but I got most of what I want and may pick up a title here and there but the shopping sprees are now thankfully at an end...

AUDIO: Monitor Audio Silver 100 (front), Monitor Audio Silver C350 (center), Monitor Audio Shadow 25 (rear), Rythmik L22 (sub)
post #35 of 59 Old 04-21-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Same here. It was pricey but I got most of what I want and may pick up a title here and there but the shopping sprees are now thankfully at an end...
yeah for now right?

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
PSA V1801
post #36 of 59 Old 04-21-2019, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Cool

Quote:
yeah for now right?
Of course.

post #37 of 59 Old 04-23-2019, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
just checked and from amazon Uk is 19 with one being a reg bluray and the rest being 3d dics. and from amazon fr i bought 3 4k+3d blurays.

from amazon here in the states i have ordered 1 4k, 1 bluray, and 6 3d blurays so yeah the overseas market has more, better and cheaper blurays that i want. but that wasnt the case a few years back when i didnt have a 4k tv and i could find all the 3d blurays i wanted here. now that ive sorted through what i bought in the last six months i feel sick. going to lay down now...
sorry the titles are so hard to get in the states.we have a walmart here in london ontario canada and there is 7 copies of aqua man 3d on sale.i dont understand why because you would think there would be a lot more sold in the states.by the way they are $30.00 canadian plus tax
post #38 of 59 Old 04-23-2019, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
sorry the titles are so hard to get in the states.we have a walmart here in london ontario canada and there is 7 copies of aqua man 3d on sale.i dont understand why because you would think there would be a lot more sold in the states.by the way they are $30.00 canadian plus tax
considering that the 3d exists on the bluray movies in the first place i cant imagine why its only available in some regions and not others. I mean dont the companies want money?

this doesnt pertain to the topic but sense we are off a little anyway, quick story. i have tickets to see avengers endgame next week so i decided to buy up all the marvel avengers movies i could with the bulk being in 3d format. I was/am planning an avenger watchathon that will culminate with me seeing the endgame movie at the theater. the last batch was coming from amazon UK and was supposed to be delivered early this week but i got a notice from amazonUK saying the shipment was damaged and could not be delivered so i should be expecting a refund. i didnt want a refund, i wanted my movies but it would be too late to get them this close to the date of my theater tickets. i was mad and so mad in fact i was going to cancel my theater tickets for endgame and was going to cancel my captain marvel 3d preorder and yes i was pouting like a kid. I was trying to find the number to amazon UK to see if i could get them to express me new copies of the movies but while i was on the pc looking for a number i see someone walking away from my door. a guy delivering my order of 7 marvel movies. WTF. i got mad for nothing and started watching the first of almost 20 movies last night

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
PSA V1801
post #39 of 59 Old 04-24-2019, 01:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
i was mad and so mad in fact i was going to cancel my theater tickets for endgame and was going to cancel my captain marvel 3d preorder and yes i was pouting like a kid.
I kept holding off on pre-ordering Capt Marvel 3D from Amazon UK and then it became unavailable so I preordered from Amazon Germany and Japan (will cancel one at some point). Is your Amazon UK preorder still active, e.g. not cancelled?

post #40 of 59 Old 04-24-2019, 06:45 AM

Quote:
I kept holding off on pre-ordering Capt Marvel 3D from Amazon UK and then it became unavailable so I preordered from Amazon Germany and Japan (will cancel one at some point). Is your Amazon UK preorder still active, e.g. not cancelled?
yep and your not getting it

im trying to avoid what happened to you for avengers endgame 3d because i did that with alita: battle angle. Oh and amazon fr has a preorder up for endgame 3d right now if interested. so i search the forums daily and check online every couple of days to see if preorders are up for the movies i want. seems you cant wait anymore to just buy them if you want the 3d.

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
PSA V1801
post #41 of 59 Old 04-24-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yep and your not getting it

im trying to avoid what happened to you for avengers endgame 3d because i did that with alita: battle angle. Oh and amazon fr has a preorder up for endgame 3d right now if interested. so i search the forums daily and check online every couple of days to see if preorders are up for the movies i want. seems you cant wait anymore to just buy them if you want the 3d.
LOL!! Darn. At least I'll get (hopefully, if it actually gets released), the Captain Marvel steelbook, although actually I'd rather have the standard blue plastic case as it will look better in my 3D blu-ray wall rack.

Thanks for the tip about Avengers Endgame 3D, will have to preorder that one for sure!

[edit] Looks like Amazon.fr is the cheapest, 32.50 euros including delivery with Amazon Global delivery standard. Amazon.de (Germany) was 36.60 euros including standard (not Amazon Global) shipping for the cheapest price. Amazon UK and Japan don't have it listed yet. Will be THRILLED if Disney releases the final Avengers and Star Wars 9 in 3D. Interestingly, the 3D version is the #1 DVD/blu-ray title on Amazon.de.

Last edited by impetigo; 04-24-2019 at 11:09 AM.
post #42 of 59 Old 04-24-2019, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Ok I rolled the dice on the Amazon.fr purchase for the steel book. I have no idea what anything said. How are you guys reading that or do you just know French? I think it says it will be here May 10-13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #43 of 59 Old 04-24-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock24 View Post
Ok I rolled the dice on the Amazon.fr purchase for the steel book. I have no idea what anything said. How are you guys reading that or do you just know French? I think it says it will be here May 10-13.

on amazon fr i get a pop up for translating but if it doesnt there is an icon in the upper right hand corner of my browser that translates for me. i use chrome. if not for the translation i would have probably received a toaster or something lol

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
PSA V1801
post #44 of 59 Old 04-24-2019, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Gotcha I’m on my iPhone and the web page opened through the Tapatalk app. I was looking to see if there were web page settings to change but couldn’t figure it out. I did manage to get it ordered though. Merci

post #45 of 59 Old 04-25-2019, 05:50 PM

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
PSA V1801
post #46 of 59 Old 04-26-2019, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Here’s a review of the French import. This is kind of long and rambling but it gives a look at what you get.

post #47 of 59 Old 04-26-2019, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is one of those movies that I tried to convince myself to buy but in the end I just couldn't do it. Apologies to the fans, but it just looks too absurd for me... and this is coming from a big comic book geek back in the 80s/90s (although mostly Marvel and only Batman graphic novels from DC).
Gamecock24 likes this.

post #48 of 59 Old 04-26-2019, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
This is one of those movies that I tried to convince myself to buy but in the end I just couldn't do it. Apologies to the fans, but it just looks too absurd for me... and this is coming from a big comic book geek back in the 80s/90s (although mostly Marvel and only Batman graphic novels from DC).
I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought it was pretty good, actually. Better than most of the DC stuff lately, for sure. The less popular characters have had pretty good showings in live action. I'd say Aquaman was trying to get into the Thor Ragnarok vibe and did a good job keeping up. Amber Heard was a little stiff but its possibly she was just directed to play straight man (or woman) to what Momoa was up to.

Unfortunately, you missed the boat on the 3-disc BestBuy release as they are all sold out and Amazon was asking twice as much for a single disk version.
post #49 of 59 Old 04-26-2019, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAvery View Post
I wasn't sure what to expect, but I thought it was pretty good, actually. Better than most of the DC stuff lately, for sure. The less popular characters have had pretty good showings in live action. I'd say Aquaman was trying to get into the Thor Ragnarok vibe and did a good job keeping up. Amber Heard was a little stiff but its possibly she was just directed to play straight man (or woman) to what Momoa was up to.

Unfortunately, you missed the boat on the 3-disc BestBuy release as they are all sold out and Amazon was asking twice as much for a single disk version.
Hmm, well now you've convinced me, lol. Don't mind missing a 3-disc release as I only want the 3D and 2D blu-rays, and I always prefer the standard blue case. Will have to pick it up from Amazon UK where it's still available for a reasonable price 17 GBP today plus a reasonable shipping cost. I'll probably bundle it with a few more (sigh) 3D titles...

post #50 of 59 Old 04-26-2019, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Hmm, well now you've convinced me, lol. Don't mind missing a 3-disc release as I only want the 3D and 2D blu-rays, and I always prefer the standard blue case. Will have to pick it up from Amazon UK where it's still available for a reasonable price 17 GBP today plus a reasonable shipping cost. I'll probably bundle it with a few more (sigh) 3D titles...
I though WB did not do region free in UK. Check if it is region B, if you care. Walmart may have the 2 disc version still in stock.
post #51 of 59 Old 04-26-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAvery View Post
I though WB did not do region free in UK. Check if it is region B, if you care. Walmart may have the 2 disc version still in stock.
Thanks, you're right, it's region B/2. I have region-free Oppo players so that's okay, but I guess region A/1 would be better if I ever decide to sell it. Walmart is out but interestingly Warner Bro's store has it, but rather pricey, about $45 total. Will probably just get it from Amazon UK since it's significantly cheaper. Hope it's a "keeper"...

[edit] Oh actually Walmart does have it for $40 with free shipping so about $44 total. More than twice the Amazon UK price... and they wonder why 3D didn't survive...

Last edited by impetigo; 04-26-2019 at 12:42 PM.
post #52 of 59 Old 04-26-2019, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 175
The Warner Bros. UK store shows it as region free. It will be the same for all stores selling the UK release.

https://shop.warnerbros.co.uk/aquaman-3d-blu-ray
post #53 of 59 Old 05-05-2019, 09:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by dew42 View Post
The Warner Bros. UK store shows it as region free. It will be the same for all stores selling the UK release.

https://shop.warnerbros.co.uk/aquaman-3d-blu-ray
To whoever is bothered by censorship, I would import elsewhere. It ain’t anything big but a few moments of blood in the big fight in Italy. Watched my French Steelbook which arrived a few days ago tonight and it’s a 3D winner, but the movie runs a bit long. The Atmos track would of been great with the 3D disc but the included DTS-HDMA track with Neural X applied on top is pretty damn stunning. Good disc but an ok popcorn flick in the end.
dew42 likes this.

My DVD Collection
HOME THEATER:
JVC NX7 4K Projector, 106", Oppo-203 (Region Free) Sony 55X900F 4K/Dolby Vision , Marantz sr7010 in 5.2.4 Atmos/DTS:X
post #54 of 59 Old 05-06-2019, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invadergir View Post
To whoever is bothered by censorship, I would import elsewhere. It ain’t anything big but a few moments of blood in the big fight in Italy.
Holy cow, are you saying that studios censor UK releases? I know that generally UK censorship is more strict than in the US, but isn't Aquaman PG-13 (a US rating that allows anyone to watch it alone but recommends age 13 up) anyway? Makes me wonder how many other movies they've censored... that's unbelievable and totally unacceptable, especially since I've bought so many UK 3D releases.

post #55 of 59 Old 05-06-2019, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Holy cow, are you saying that studios censor UK releases? I know that generally UK censorship is more strict than in the US, but isn't Aquaman PG-13 (a US rating that allows anyone to watch it alone but recommends age 13 up) anyway? Makes me wonder how many other movies they've censored... that's unbelievable and totally unacceptable, especially since I've bought so many UK 3D releases.
They even censored something in the Angry Birds movie too. It just seems like the blood was toned down for Aquaman to hit the 12A rating. These screens were taken by Yautja_Warrior on the blu-Ray.com forums

impetigo likes this.

My DVD Collection
HOME THEATER:
JVC NX7 4K Projector, 106", Oppo-203 (Region Free) Sony 55X900F 4K/Dolby Vision , Marantz sr7010 in 5.2.4 Atmos/DTS:X
post #56 of 59 Old 05-06-2019, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invadergir View Post
They even censored something in the Angry Birds movie too. It just seems like the blood was toned down for Aquaman to hit the 12A rating. These screens were taken by Yautja_Warrior on the blu-Ray.com forums
Oh man, that's crazy! They removed all the blood there... totally lame! I can't believe they can just make these changes without anyone knowing about it. If they censor Angry Birds, what won't they censor? Too bad that the UK has been the best source for 3D titles since 3D blu-rays started disappearing in the US.

post #57 of 59 Old 07-06-2019, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
Watched the 3D blu ray version this weekend in my HT - OMG this has to be one of the best, if not the BEST 3D movie so far and the soundtrack LFE was also spot on imho- wow, just wow. Even the wife gave it a big thumbs up and normally she isn't a fan of 3D. Now, this was in my real home theater, not on a TV which I believe almost everyone agrees isn't a great experience

Highly recommended~
Agreed. Excellent 3D effects, including some popouts. Good movie, worth renting, at least.

I just started my 3D bluray rental subscription this week and Aquaman was at the top of my list. I got it yesterday. It did not disappoint.

Seen in my man cave with 3D Optoma projector, Sony player and Denon surround sound system. The sound rocks.
post #58 of 59 Old 10-23-2019, 10:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural scribe View Post
Agreed. Excellent 3D effects, including some popouts. Good movie, worth renting, at least.

I just started my 3D bluray rental subscription this week and Aquaman was at the top of my list. I got it yesterday. It did not disappoint.

Seen in my man cave with 3D Optoma projector, Sony player and Denon surround sound system. The sound rocks.
I just got Aquaman 3D from Walmart for $15.00. I had noticed that the movie was generally was selling for much higher prices. Loving a deal I ordered the movie though I had the Aquaman concept was demeaningly stupid. Much to my surprise I think it is an excellent adventure/fantasy superhero movie and the 3D is the best I have seen.
dew42 likes this.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch
post #59 of 59 Old 10-28-2019, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmoderndesign View Post
I just got Aquaman 3D from Walmart for $15.00. I had noticed that the movie was generally was selling for much higher prices. Loving a deal I ordered the movie though I had the Aquaman concept was demeaningly stupid. Much to my surprise I think it is an excellent adventure/fantasy superhero movie and the 3D is the best I have seen.
Holy cow, nice deal! I can't believe they had it at Walmart. Got mine from Amazon UK.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page