Godzilla King of the Monsters - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #31 of 45 Old 08-30-2019, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmoderndesign View Post
Watch Fantastic Beasts 3D and you will see pop outs. In fact there is a pop out thread: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/196-3...t-effects.html I assume you have a LG e6p as it is LG's only 3D model. Outside the US the model has other names.

I’ve seen that thread and own most of if not all of the movies referenced. Nothing has ever popped out in front on my face ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 08-30-2019, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdarcy View Post
I’ve seen that thread and own most of if not all of the movies referenced. Nothing has ever popped out in front on my face ever.

If you own a LG b/c/or e6p and nothing has ever popped out there is something wrong with your 3D filter.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch
post #33 of 45 Old 08-30-2019, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you own a LG b/c/or e6p and nothing has ever popped out there is something wrong with your 3D filter.
There have been a number or reports of misaligned 3D filters. However, LG will not fix this problem. There are no replacement panels. Are you wearing passive 3D glasses or clip ons?

Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 45 Old 08-30-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
There have been a number or reports of misaligned 3D filters. However, LG will not fix this problem. There are no replacement panels. Are you wearing passive 3D glasses or clip ons?

I wear passive 3d glasses. Ive read plenty of people only see the window / depth effect and nothing coming out of the tv into your face.

post #35 of 45 Old 08-30-2019, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wear passive 3d glasses. Ive read plenty of people only see the window / depth effect and nothing coming out of the tv into your face.

You are the true judge of what you see. 3D is the result of vision and perception, (the mind). You might want to do an experiment by asking others to watch some 3D movies with you and then discuss 3D effects.

post #36 of 45 Old 08-30-2019, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:

I'm sure u know already but some movie only show depth.. Smaller percentage of movies show stuff coming out the screen which is what most people tend to like.. U need to play a movie that's known for having pop outs

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #37 of 45 Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Forget the modern 2.5 conversions - try a real 3-D movie with extreme off the screen effects (JAWS 3-D, for example, can be found for less than 10 bucks). If the opening credits and other gimmick shots aren't in your face, then something is wrong with your set or you have some degree of stereo blindness.
post #38 of 45 Old 08-30-2019, 09:01 PM

My family members and friends who come over see the same way I do just depth never a pop out. I’m aware of the certain scenes to look for in certain movies. I’m sure I’m not the only one on here with no pop outs. Anyway this is a forum for Godzilla and I really enjoyed the 3d, overall picture and Sound.

RobKnapp likes this.
post #39 of 45 Old 08-31-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My family members and friends who come over see the same way I do just depth never a pop out. I’m aware of the certain scenes to look for in certain movies. I’m sure I’m not the only one on here with no pop outs. Anyway this is a forum for Godzilla and I really enjoyed the 3d, overall picture and Sound.

Here is a link to download the Oppo UDP 203 manual from which the following come: http://download.oppodigital.com/UDP2...GLISH_V1.0.pdf
Apparently 3D depth can be adjusted if your player and monitor are capable of 3D and your player monitor and AVR are wired as shown in the manual
During Video Discs (DVD, BD) and Video File Playback:
 3D: Enable 2D->3D conversion or open the 3D adjustment menu.
Press the OPTION button to access features such as Subtitle Shift, 3D and Picture
Zooming. Details can be found on page 21.
8. 3D Setting: Adjusts the playback settings for better 3D visual quality.
 3D Output – Allows you to choose the video output mode for 3D content.
 Auto (default) – Outputs 3D if supported both by both the disc content and the display.
The player automatically checks for the existence of 3D content on the disc and the 3D
compatibility of the TV or projector. If both criteria are met, the player sends 3D video
from its HDMI output terminals; otherwise, only 2D video is sent out. You may need to
wear 3D glasses that come with your TV in order to view 3D movies.
 Off – Always output 2D video format, even when 3D video exists on the disc. This
guarantees the video quality if your TV is not 3D compatible, or if some necessary
components (such as the 3D glasses) are missing.
S E T U P M E N U O P T I O N S
 Forced – Always output 3D video format for 3D Blu-ray Discs. You may experience a
black screen (no video output) if your TV is not 3D compatible.
 2D->3D Depth – Adjusts the 3D depth perception when performing 2D-to-3D conversion
(also called “simulated 3D”). The default value is 8.
 3D TV Size – Allows you to enter the diagonal screen size of the 3D HDTV. Use the
number buttons on the remote to enter the actual diagonal size of the TV screen, and then
press the ENTER button to confirm. The default value is 46 inches. This value does not
directly affect video quality, but some 3D movies may use this value to decide how to place
certain graphics.
Connecting to a TV and A/V Receiver via Dual HDMI
 The UDP-203’s Dual HDMI connection mode ensures that you can enjoy the highest possible
video quality and resolution, in addition to high bit rate audio content. Use an HDMI cable to
connect the HDMI OUT (Main) output to your TV, and another HDMI cable to connect the HDMI
OUT (Audio Only) output to your receiver.
 This configuration is recommended when you have a 3D or UHD compatible display, but your
receiver is not 3D or UHD compatible. This configuration will allow you to send the video signal
(3D or UHD in this case) directly to the TV and send the audio signal to the receive

Perhaps some information from the manual will make a difference

post #40 of 45 Old 08-31-2019, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

watch hansel and gretel witch hunters.a lot of out of screen effects.
post #41 of 45 Old 09-01-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
watch hansel and gretel witch hunters.a lot of out of screen effects.

We can just keep on topic about Godzilla. I appreciate everyone’s input. I have just about every 3d disc available. I’m very knowledgeable about the discs that supposedly have pop out. Never happens on my tv. Settings are correct etc.

Postmoderndesign likes this.
post #42 of 45 Old 09-01-2019, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 87
So i really was entertained with this movie. on screen was a blast but i really think the sound make the movie rock. the bass put my PSA sub to work.

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
Emotiva, XMC-1 V3, Xpa-2, Xpa-5
PSA V1801
Airmotiv T2(front), C2(Center), T1(surrounds), E1(surround backs)
post #43 of 45 Old 09-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 86
AQ was fantabulous. 3D was mild, especially, after seeing Captain Marvel in 3D. The whole movie is dark, it's raining, etc. - doesn't help 3D much - but the depth is obviously mild.
jorgebetancourt likes this.
post #44 of 45 Old 09-26-2019, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS3771 View Post
AQ was fantabulous. 3D was mild, especially, after seeing Captain Marvel in 3D. The whole movie is dark, it's raining, etc. - doesn't help 3D much - but the depth is obviously mild.
This is an entertaining summer movie. Turn you mind off or compose quips in your mind about the fake science or the insipid dialogue or analyze the Japanese response to the A bomb. However the audio rocks the house, particularly with excellent speakers.

post #45 of 45 Old 09-30-2019, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 86
I had waited this long and thought with its release next week in France. I would get the best of both worlds and got the 4K/3D Steelbook coming my way soon. Just got my Zavvi steelbook for Aladdin, and should have my Detective Pikachu 4k/3D steelbook from France this week too.

My DVD Collection
HOME THEATER:
JVC NX7 4K Projector, 106", Oppo-203 (Region Free) Sony 55X900F 4K/Dolby Vision , Marantz sr7010 in 5.2.4 Atmos/DTS:X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Content

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page