Anything pretty close to Hubble 3d - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By Newuser2018
  • 1 Post By rural scribe
  • 1 Post By Postmoderndesign
  • 1 Post By Frank714
  • 1 Post By 3DBob
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-25-2019, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Please recommend something thats pretty close to Hubble 3d

Hi guys can you recommend anything that's pretty close to hobble in 3d.. This blew my mind I then went out and bought IMAX: Journey to Space but it was pretty bad compared to Hubble, I watched it and threw it away.. Then I bought Mysteries of the Unseen World 3D it was pretty good I watched it twice but still nothing like Hubble.. Anyways I love cosmology it drives nuts but i dont think there is anything well done out there? I dont mind importing it..

The few stuff ive found the reviews are poor and I'm tired of throwing money away...

Last edited by jorgebetancourt; 04-25-2019 at 07:04 PM.
jorgebetancourt is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 04-25-2019, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
Hi guys can you recommend anything that's pretty close to hobble in 3d.. This blew my mind I then went out and bought IMAX: Journey to Space but it was pretty bad compared to Hubble, I watched it and threw it away.. Then I bought Mysteries of the Unseen World 3D it was pretty good I watched it twice but still nothing like Hubble.. Anyways I love cosmology it drives nuts but i dont think there is anything well done out there? I dont mind importing it..

The few stuff ive found the reviews are poor and I'm tired of throwing money away...
Thanks anyway. I take it as a feedback & will watch my 'ever waiting' Hubble 3D this weekend
jorgebetancourt likes this.
Newuser2018 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 04-25-2019, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newuser2018 View Post
Thanks anyway. I take it as a feedback & will watch my 'ever waiting' Hubble 3D this weekend
This is absolutely amazing.. Let me know what you think after you watch it..
jorgebetancourt is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 04-26-2019, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tomtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 3,156
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
Hi guys can you recommend anything that's pretty close to hobble in 3d.. This blew my mind I then went out and bought IMAX: Journey to Space but it was pretty bad compared to Hubble, I watched it and threw it away.. Then I bought Mysteries of the Unseen World 3D it was pretty good I watched it twice but still nothing like Hubble.. Anyways I love cosmology it drives nuts but i dont think there is anything well done out there? I dont mind importing it..

The few stuff ive found the reviews are poor and I'm tired of throwing money away...
Wow, I actually liked it. I thought Hubble was more disappointing because it was more about setting up the Hubble than 3D space images from the Hubble which is what I expected still I would never throw it away.

Aside from the ones you have, IMAX Space Junk and The Universe series, a number of those with decent 3D images in space. Also Space Intelligence which is Unraveling the Cosmos series here in US. There isn't a lot of content in 3D on Space documentaries, I have all of them.

This line intentionally left blank.
tomtastic is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 04-26-2019, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Wow, I actually liked it. I thought Hubble was more disappointing because it was more about setting up the Hubble than 3D space images from the Hubble which is what I expected still I would never throw it away.



Aside from the ones you have, IMAX Space Junk and The Universe series, a number of those with decent 3D images in space. Also Space Intelligence which is Unraveling the Cosmos series here in US. There isn't a lot of content in 3D on Space documentaries, I have all of them.
Yes on Hubble they spend a little bit too much time fixing it but the space scenes with the planets and the stars were amazing

Of the few that you recommended which one will you say is the best one

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
jorgebetancourt is online now  
post #6 of 12 Old 04-26-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tomtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 3,156
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Forgot about IMAX Space Station, that one was filmed early 2000's and it's pretty good. I'd recommend that one first.

This line intentionally left blank.
tomtastic is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 04-30-2019, 10:12 AM
Senior Member
 
rural scribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Laramie, WY
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
Forgot about IMAX Space Station, that one was filmed early 2000's and it's pretty good. I'd recommend that one first.
I saw IMAX Space Station at at the London IMAX, and that is, hands down, the best 3D I have ever seen. The 3D bluray doesn't really compare to the theater experience, at least in my home system, but it is good.

The best 3D blurays I have seen, as far as producing great 3D images at home, are two IMAX undersea documentaries, "Deep Sea" and "Under the Sea." Some great popouts in those.
RobKnapp likes this.
rural scribe is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 05-02-2019, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Postmoderndesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,023
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
Hi guys can you recommend anything that's pretty close to hobble in 3d.. This blew my mind I then went out and bought IMAX: Journey to Space but it was pretty bad compared to Hubble, I watched it and threw it away.. Then I bought Mysteries of the Unseen World 3D it was pretty good I watched it twice but still nothing like Hubble.. Anyways I love cosmology it drives nuts but i dont think there is anything well done out there? I dont mind importing it..

The few stuff ive found the reviews are poor and I'm tired of throwing money away...
I cannot answer the question, "can you recommend anything that's pretty close to hobble in 3d?" But I appreciated your post and bought Hubble 3D. I thought the science and technology is interesting and the 3D is excellent.
jorgebetancourt likes this.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch

Last edited by Postmoderndesign; 05-23-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Postmoderndesign is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 05-23-2019, 02:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frank714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 393
In case you want more 3D footage from the ISS, here is a German 3D Blu-ray to consider about Germany's most prominent Astronaut and the ISS: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...KR8XB7XF&psc=1


The aforementioned IMAX 3D Blu-rays are among my favorites, but other than that I give space programs in 3D a wide berth because they mostly focus on objects that are out of our stereoscopic viewing range (and therefore technically can only show up in 2D), i.e. too far away.


Regarding the fabulous Hubble images in 3D I had to pretend I was looking with "God's eyes" and that the 3D depth was a concession in order to convey an idea of distances...
jorgebetancourt likes this.

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
Frank714 is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 05-23-2019, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
3DBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 2,394
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank714 View Post
In case you want more 3D footage from the ISS, here is a German 3D Blu-ray to consider about Germany's most prominent Astronaut and the ISS: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...KR8XB7XF&psc=1


The aforementioned IMAX 3D Blu-rays are among my favorites, but other than that I give space programs in 3D a wide berth because they mostly focus on objects that are out of our stereoscopic viewing range (and therefore technically can only show up in 2D), i.e. too far away.


Regarding the fabulous Hubble images in 3D I had to pretend I was looking with "God's eyes" and that the 3D depth was a concession in order to convey an idea of distances...
I translated the page. Looks like it is in German and English. I think I'm going to get it, looks promising.
jorgebetancourt likes this.
3DBob is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 05-23-2019, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank714 View Post
In case you want more 3D footage from the ISS, here is a German 3D Blu-ray to consider about Germany's most prominent Astronaut and the ISS: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00...KR8XB7XF&psc=1


The aforementioned IMAX 3D Blu-rays are among my favorites, but other than that I give space programs in 3D a wide berth because they mostly focus on objects that are out of our stereoscopic viewing range (and therefore technically can only show up in 2D), i.e. too far away.


Regarding the fabulous Hubble images in 3D I had to pretend I was looking with "God's eyes" and that the 3D depth was a concession in order to convey an idea of distances...
I will order this in a week or so.. Great find....
I wish there was more flying through the universe .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
jorgebetancourt is online now  
post #12 of 12 Old 05-24-2019, 12:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frank714's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Berlin
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked: 393
The NASA program is coming to Blu-ray - https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/NASA-...lu-ray/241642/ - but only in 2D.


I'm confident they have a lot of footage recorded in 3D, but it's uncertain whether we'll be able to see all of that.

"It is only about things that do not interest one that one can give a really unbiased opinion, which is no doubt the reason why an unbiased opinion is always absolutely valueless." Oscar Wilde
Frank714 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply 3D Content

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off