Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-02-2019, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1270 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Botanica 3D

I'm releasing a one-hour 3D feature onto Blu-ray 3D called simply: Botanica 3D. Release date TBD, (possibly later this year or early 2020 at latest). Principle filming was 5 years ago with some 3D still shots this year that will go into one of the special features. A 'Shot On RED HYDROGEN ONE' short feature with some of the best 3D stills I managed with that camera/phone. Main feature is approx. 65-70 mins. One special feature is approx. 27mins (3D stills) and another is 5 mins.

Disc will have 3D menu and buttons and 5.1 audio. It's self-authored to save cost but it is full resolution frame packing 3D. I will have the replication done thru Duplitech depending on the quote. Not planning a crowd-funding for this to keep the retail price down. I have settled on 20.00 retail but I need to see where I'm at on the disc production quote but I think I'll be OK. I've also worked out a deal with Botanica so at least 2.00 from every disc sale will be donated to them and of course I have secured staff approval beforehand on releasing this so I'm all in good standing. Wanted to get an idea of how many to produce, 100-200? maybe less, I don't know might just do a small run and see how it goes. Let me know if you're interested.

About Botanica 3D:

This is a 3D visual tour of the Gardens filmed right in the heart of the US, in Wichita, KS. It features the best shots from over 4 hours of filming over a 3 month period back in 2014 with some additional footage/stills from 2016 and 2019. This was an on/off project and I've finally committed to seeing this project thru to completion. If I come out in the green, at least breaking even on covering the disc production costs I'll put whatever is made towards another project.

A couple things to keep in mind. This is very much a one man show. This is not an IMAX production, no David Attenborough, sorry. I decided not to include any narration in this feature to keep it simple. There are some sub headings that indicate the garden names, it's pretty self-explanatory.

Audio:

Recently, I've discovered some enjoyment and relaxation in playing Anasazi/Pueblo style end-blown flutes. So I will be picking my best work and weaving it delicately into the mix and possibly some light guitar. This has basically become 2 projects into one with 3D and music. (Hopefully, I don't embarrass myself too much here, I know I'm not on the level of many other flute players I've heard.)

3D and image quality:

Main feature was filmed with the Panasonic 3DA1, it's HD resolution. Overall, it's my best 3D camera besides my 4K rig but after working with the footage for some time now, I think it looks pretty good for only being HD (and a major shortcoming on my 4K rig is sync so I would not be able to show water movement with that rig anyhow). Color is decent as well. 3D, I use the entire depth range. There is some pop out with flowers and plants, middle and deep into the frame shots. Every shot is native stereoscopic, no conversion.

This will look best on flat 3D screens particularly 4K screens or full resolution 1080p screens, taking use of screen brightness of LED lit screens, color and contrast and high-end projection screens may perform well too. On average or lower end projection screens it will likely look so-so, keep that in mind.

I will update this post with a release date, trailer and poster for the 3D Blu ray. Purchasing I will setup an eBay account, going to use that just for disc sales, Amazon I think will be too costly, they charge 40.00 per month just to have a seller's account. I have a website I am working on too so that will help promote it and more info there will be available when it's ready for purchasing info and other details.

This line intentionally left blank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-03-2019, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2152 Post(s)
Liked: 2338
Subscribing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement