is this a legitimate store with such low prices! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 05-18-2018, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 114
is this a legitimate store with such low prices!

is this a legitimate store? https://www.facebook.com/TVShopClovis/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-18-2018, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil0909 View Post
is this a legitimate store? https://www.facebook.com/TVShopClovis/
There have many of these style stores that offer uber low prices on prior year overstock, b/c quality displays from manufacturers and "new" showroom floor reboxed and resold.

I have also heard people buying from these places and tv shipped in the box is not the TV sold. Sometimes they will claim inventory shortage and offer a lesser spec TV or if you attempt to cancel an order holding your money for weeks or months.

Unless you live in that part of California and can walk in and purchase and verify the display in person, you're taking a risk.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dr.Shankenstein; 05-18-2018 at 08:14 AM.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-18-2018, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post
There have many of these style stores that offer uber low prices on prior year overstock, b/c quality displays from manufacturers and "new" showroom floor reboxed and resold.

I have also heard people buying from these places and tv shipped in the box is not the TV sold. Sometimes they will claim inventory shortage and offer a lesser spec TV or if you attempt to cancel an order holding your money for weeks or months.

Unless you live in that part of California and can walk in and purchase and verify the display in person, you're taking a risk.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
thanks very much for the reply man, i guess it's not the best place to buy and have it shipped to me overseas! wouldn't even be able to return it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-18-2018, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Yeah, reviews of that place are not generally great. I would shop locally only (and from an authorized dealer) or risk getting burned.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-21-2018, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 24
If you have to ask...
post #6 of 10 Old 05-21-2018, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

@Montucky @davearm
thanks guys, yeah i figured it's not worth. even saw another place who have an add on craigslist, who have the b7 oled for 1000$ ( https://palmsprings.craigslist.org/e...591991775.html ) really excited me at first but seems to good to be true so figured it's better to wait and try purchase from a legitimate dealer
post #7 of 10 Old 05-21-2018, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil0909 View Post
@Montucky @davearm
thanks guys, yeah i figured it's not worth. even saw another place who have an add on craigslist, who have the b7 oled for 1000$ ( https://palmsprings.craigslist.org/e...591991775.html ) really excited me at first but seems to good to be true so figured it's better to wait and try purchase from a legitimate dealer
Yeah, I'd steer clear of "deals" like that. Selling TVs so far below manufacturer's approved pricing is a great way to lose one's dealership and is definitely not allowed if it really is a brand new item. Sony, LG, Samsung etc. is always playing whack-a-mole with outfits like that and I wouldn't trust a product from guys like those to be supported by the manufacturer.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-21-2018, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
Yeah, I'd steer clear of "deals" like that. Selling TVs so far below manufacturer's approved pricing is a great way to lose one's dealership and is definitely not allowed if it really is a brand new item. Sony, LG, Samsung etc. is always playing whack-a-mole with outfits like that and I wouldn't trust a product from guys like those to be supported by the manufacturer.
thanks again, understood! pay more for a legit product!
post #9 of 10 Old 05-21-2018, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 328
So, when you find a decent deal, it isn't legit because you didn't pay more? Furthermore, you're going to get ripped off? I buy new and open box from mom and pop outfits all the time. Test on site, double check hours in service menu, check manufactures warranty by calling with serial, and get a receipt. Any seller allowing all that prior to purchase has nothing to hide. I'm sure plenty of sellers that habitually mark up so high they can pay their monthly mortgage from one sale will be the first to sound the alarm though.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players
W10 1903 / MPC-BE\HC / PotPlayer / PowerDVD 19 / DVDFab Player 3 / KODI 19 videoplayer
GTX960 4GB / RGB Full 4:4:4 / 8bit Desktop mode =60Hz / 10/12bit Video mode = Matched Refresh rates IE 23,24,25,60Hz
65JS8500 UHD HDR 3D / Denon S720W
post #10 of 10 Old 05-21-2018, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
So, when you find a decent deal, it isn't legit because you didn't pay more? Furthermore, you're going to get ripped off?
No, but if it's a "new" product, then it quite strictly must adhere to the current sale prices set by the manufacturer or at least not go below a certain price, thus allowing for price matching. There's a reason that all legitimate authorized retailers are within a dollar of each other on current products. They do that so stores can't be constantly undercutting each other and screwing over little mom and pops like I used to own. It helps protect everybody. Like that LG in that Craigslist ad linked above, when you're talking a full 1/3 cheaper than everybody else, then something's weird. Otherwise there's no way they'd be making any money! In fact, I just checked my own wholesale costs on that LG, and have confirmed that. In fact, that store would be losing quite a bit at that price.

Now if the item's an open box, that's different, but sometimes you gotta watch out for that too when buying sight unseen online. Not saying you can't get great deals out there, but when buying from far away, buyer beware. If it's a local shop then at least you can go check things out for yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page