• 1 Post By mrpickem
  • 1 Post By markpow1

post #1 of 16 Old 06-23-2018, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 51
940E sales / buying advice ?

I was about to pull the trigger on an x940e because I was sure that future sales (July 4th, Black Friday, Holiday season) through 2018 would not be inclusive of them as they’re both last years model and discontinued. I haven’t seriously shopped a TV in years so I’m asking here I don’t quite have the patience to wait and see if the 75Z9D would ever fall into my budget, and I’m quite certain that it won’t (unless second hand).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-25-2018, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabRangoon View Post
I was about to pull the trigger on an x940e because I was sure that future sales (July 4th, Black Friday, Holiday season) through 2018 would not be inclusive of them as they’re both last years model and discontinued. I haven’t seriously shopped a TV in years so I’m asking here I don’t quite have the patience to wait and see if the 75Z9D would ever fall into my budget, and I’m quite certain that it won’t (unless second hand).
I am not sure if this fits in your budget. There is a X940E 75" Greentoe deal posted on SlickDeals.

Sony X940E Series 75" 4K HDR - Via Greentoe.com $2999: https://slickdeals.net/f/11717559-so...entoe-com-2999

Greentoe is like Priceline. They aren't the actual seller. They would be a reverse auction site for Sony dealers, where you throw an offer out there. There is typically no shipping or sales tax, unless you are in the same state as the winning vendor.

I purchased an LG B7a through Greentoe. The vendor was completely legit.
post #3 of 16 Old 07-09-2018, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know if Greentoe would still accept $2999, and whether they are all Sony authorized vendors?

Any insight into price drops going into late July / August?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-12-2018, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball21357 View Post
Does anyone know if Greentoe would still accept $2999, and whether they are all Sony authorized vendors?

Any insight into price drops going into late July / August?

Thanks!

Haven't bought from greetoe personally but have heard nothing but good thind. Always comes from authorized dealer as greetoe is merely a middleman helping these retailers keep stock moving
post #5 of 16 Old 09-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

It is being reported that Greentoe is now accepting 2799 on this set
CrabRangoon and tonyjspr9 like this.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #6 of 16 Old 09-18-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Bestbuy is now selling the 75" 940e for $2999. Don't know if that has been the case for a while or is a more recent price drop. Super tempting for those wanting to do interest free financing.
MCaugusto likes this.

Last edited by Deputy Moonman; 09-18-2018 at 12:49 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Moonman View Post
Bestbuy is now selling the 75" 940e for $2999. Don't know if that has been the case for a while or is a more recent price drop. Super tempting for those wanting to do interest free financing.
Its a great tv. I just got one but to save money I bought through Greentoe. Don't wait too long to decide or they will be gone. I went through a lot of TV's this year to find a great non oled movie room tv and this one was the winner for me.
MCaugusto and Deputy Moonman like this.
post #8 of 16 Old 09-25-2018, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 64
What is the lowest price anyone has reported from Greentoe? I’ve seen 2799 mentioned, but the Greentoe app seems to indicate as low as $2400 has a chance. I’ve received no counters approaching that, was just curious if there have been any reports of such... usually the green zone is consistent with reports I’ve seen here for other TVs.
post #9 of 16 Old 09-28-2018, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I experienced the greentoe 'meter showing i could get a tv for 'x', later it changed to about x + $400,,,I ended up getting it for x + about $300

If they have a lot of activity on a tv its probable pretty close, if no one has been buying that particular model it might be off
post #10 of 16 Old 09-28-2018, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Dougri: This model is very popular and is still produced I believe but I do think the price greentoe has that you said is accurate
post #11 of 16 Old 09-29-2018, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

I did wind up buying from Greentoe for 2799 but it was a nightmare experience between the vendor (an unknown retailer I haven’t seen mentioned in any Greentoe threads/talks) and their freight service who I’d also not heard of.

Greentoe wasn’t at fault, but they did perhaps get involved and accelerate the closing of the case when I notified them that I’d been awaiting a refund for so long.

As the vendor is not disclosed until you have submitted payment, I likely will not take the risk again, which is a shame IMO. It seems most people buying large premium sets on Greentoe are dealing with vendors I have heard of, so it may be very low risk for the average user.
post #12 of 16 Old 09-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Generally you can call Beach or CP and get same deal...most of the time anyways. The times when you cannot it probably involves these sketchy vendors like you dealt with
CrabRangoon likes this.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #13 of 16 Old 09-29-2018, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabRangoon View Post
I did wind up buying from Greentoe for 2799 but it was a nightmare experience between the vendor (an unknown retailer I haven’t seen mentioned in any Greentoe threads/talks) and their freight service who I’d also not heard of.

Greentoe wasn’t at fault, but they did perhaps get involved and accelerate the closing of the case when I notified them that I’d been awaiting a refund for so long.

As the vendor is not disclosed until you have submitted payment, I likely will not take the risk again, which is a shame IMO. It seems most people buying large premium sets on Greentoe are dealing with vendors I have heard of, so it may be very low risk for the average user.
I hope you realize that if purchased from a non-authorized (by Sony) retailer, there is no valid factory warranty on it. I purchased mine from CP and couldn't be more pleased with the purchase experience, including the delivery. I've had mine for 11 months with no warranty issues in any case.

Rex
post #14 of 16 Old 09-29-2018, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencas View Post
I hope you realize that if purchased from a non-authorized (by Sony) retailer, there is no valid factory warranty on it. I purchased mine from CP and couldn't be more pleased with the purchase experience, including the delivery. I've had mine for 11 months with no warranty issues in any case.
Mine came from the price above but a well known retailer and freight service was excellent as well.. through greentoe east coast..
CrabRangoon likes this.
post #15 of 16 Old 09-29-2018, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencas View Post
Nobody said anything about unauthorized dealers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and Greentoe’s site specifically mentions that only authorized dealers participate. I had no issue with a warranty or authorized dealer - I had an issue with a tv arriving with a punctured box and broken screen from both a vendor and a freight service that I’d never heard of before. The biggest issue of all was that between the dealer and the freight company, there was no communication and it took me nearly two weeks to get my refund after I rejected delivery of said broken set.

I would have been happy to buy from CP, talked to them more than once and there was still a price difference of hundreds on the line. Sadly BB is the same price after tax and I’d opt for BB with a free and easy return/exchange over another shipped set unless saving serious money again. To each their own.
post #16 of 16 Old 10-31-2018, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
The 940e is now firmly discontinued.

Cleveland Plasma has run out of 75s entirely.

Best Buy has the 75" 940e marked down to $2800. I think that is as good as it's going to get on this model. I pulled the trigger since the alternative was to wait for the F series to get cheap next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page