Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by benboy12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvhunter View Post
Makes me think EPP is not the same as [email protected] which is still exhibiting the password change redirect for me.
After the initial account creation I have not been able to successfully login.
I just wanted to provide an update. I never received a response to my e-mail inquiry from a few days back, so I decided to give Samsung a call. I spent a little over 30 minutes on the phone being redirected to a few different areas and trying to trouble shoot. They sent me a link to reset my password, which was successful. However, logging in with my new password brought me back to the password change screen and the same error message. The technician on the line even tried logging in for me and was unsuccessful, as well. She said she would escalate to the next level and I should hear back after 24-48 hours. She also said to try again after 24 hours because she thought that could potentially make a difference. I am doubtful that the 24 hours will make a difference, but it should be interesting to hear what the escalation team has to say.
Thanks for the update. You reached the point where I was last Sunday so I’m not very optimistic. Although the more people that raise the issue with them the better chance there is that they fix the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 305 Old 02-27-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Makes me think EPP is not the same as [email protected] which is still exhibiting the password change redirect for me.
After the initial account creation I have not been able to successfully login.
I just wanted to provide an update. I never received a response to my e-mail inquiry from a few days back, so I decided to give Samsung a call. I spent a little over 30 minutes on the phone being redirected to a few different areas and trying to trouble shoot. They sent me a link to reset my password, which was successful. However, logging in with my new password brought me back to the password change screen and the same error message. The technician on the line even tried logging in for me and was unsuccessful, as well. She said she would escalate to the next level and I should hear back after 24-48 hours. She also said to try again after 24 hours because she thought that could potentially make a difference. I am doubtful that the 24 hours will make a difference, but it should be interesting to hear what the escalation team has to say.
Thanks for the update. You reached the point where I was last Sunday so I’m not very optimistic. Although the more people that raise the issue with them the better chance there is that they fix the problem.
What did the escalation team say?
post #63 of 305 Old 02-28-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
After properly resetting my password via a link they provided for the discount store I was able to login to the [email protected] account today so you should give it a shot now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 305 Old 02-28-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
After properly resetting my password via a link they provided for the discount store I was able to login to the [email protected] account today so you should give it a shot now.
I am still getting the same error and I had reset my password with first tier customer service. Maybe the escalation team will provide a different password reset link.

Glad to hear it’s working for you, though!
post #65 of 305 Old 02-28-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I am still getting the same error and I had reset my password with first tier customer service. Maybe the escalation team will provide a different password reset link.

Glad to hear it’s working for you, though!
Well who knows if it will work tomorrow but it took making another phone call to Samsung Accounts 1-855-795-0509 and at first they sent me a link to reset my password for generic samsung.com which did not fix things and only after a few explanations about [email protected] did it occur to them that I needed a password reset for their discount program.
post #66 of 305 Old 02-28-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Well who knows if it will work tomorrow but it took making another phone call to Samsung Accounts 1-855-795-0509 and at first they sent me a link to reset my password for generic samsung.com which did not fix things and only after a few explanations about [email protected] did it occur to them that I needed a password reset for their discount program.
Just out of curiosity, when you reset your password through the link, did it ask for a password change on login again or just let you straight on through?
post #67 of 305 Old 02-28-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Just out of curiosity, when you reset your password through the link, did it ask for a password change on login again or just let you straight on through?
no, this was the first time it didn’t redirect me to change my password.
post #68 of 305 Old 03-01-2019, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 22
ebates has 6 percent back from the samsung store. wonder if you can combine this????

Sony XBR 85 900F
Sony STR DN1080
TI 85 Calculator with Snake
post #69 of 305 Old 03-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 22
it works!

I had to load the ebates chrome button in my browser. i then logged into the "workplace" discount program. I can order the 82in Q70R for 3499.99 and with ebates 6% it is 3290 plus tax.

not bad
post #70 of 305 Old 03-01-2019, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
and that ends up creating an IBM email address for you?
Sorry for the late reply, but no I dont think it creates a email address for you.

85Q70R
82Q70R
65Q9FN
post #71 of 305 Old 03-01-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks! I just called the number you provided and asked for a discount program password reset (instead of trying to explain the problem), and it worked!

The only issue is I don't see the Samsung Upgrade program when I add to cart. On the main page it says its an option, but when I go to check out I only have the option of pay in full or Samsung finance. Are the discount program and upgrade program incompatible?

EDIT: according to Samsung Support you are automatically enrolled in Samsung Upgrade when you choose Samsung Financing as a payment option. Placed my order and waiting for a ship date!

Last edited by benboy12; 03-01-2019 at 03:42 PM.
post #72 of 305 Old 03-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carton View Post
it works!

I had to load the ebates chrome button in my browser. i then logged into the "workplace" discount program. I can order the 82in Q70R for 3499.99 and with ebates 6% it is 3290 plus tax.

not bad
Does ebates work with using the Samsung Finance? I am most likely going to finance it just for the upgrade program (I like the idea of a new TV every 2 years and saving 33% on the original purchase).
post #73 of 305 Old 03-01-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxn38 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Carton View Post
it works!

not bad
Does ebates work with using the Samsung Finance? I am most likely going to finance it just for the upgrade program (I like the idea of a new TV every 2 years and saving 33% on the original purchase).
I just placed my order using Samsung Financing and eBates. I got confirmation from eBates that they would collect money from Samsung in the next 24 hours, but it’s still processing on the eBates side so not sure if I am going to get 6% of the purchase price or not.
Noxn38 likes this.
post #74 of 305 Old 03-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! I just called the number you provided and asked for a discount program password reset (instead of trying to explain the problem), and it worked!

The only issue is I don't see the Samsung Upgrade program when I add to cart. On the main page it says its an option, but when I go to check out I only have the option of pay in full or Samsung finance. Are the discount program and upgrade program incompatible?

EDIT: according to Samsung Support you are automatically enrolled in Samsung Upgrade when you choose Samsung Financing as a payment option. Placed my order and waiting for a ship date!
congrats! Which tv did you order? And how do you include ebates with your order?
post #75 of 305 Old 03-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

congrats! Which tv did you order? And how do you include ebates with your order?
Thanks! I got the 65 inch Q90R.

You just need to link to the Samsung site through eBates.

I have a MAc and it allowed me to download an eBates extension into my web browser. This allows you to activate eBates rebates without going to the eBates site first.
post #76 of 305 Old 03-02-2019, 07:42 PM

Has anyone ordered using the Samsung Upgrade option? I am trying to checkout but do not see the "opt in" option for the program. The only choices are Pay in full or Samsung Finance. I tried going through the Samsung Finance path, but even at checkout there is no mention of opting into the Samsung Upgrade.

Anyone else have this issue?
post #77 of 305 Old 03-02-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Has anyone ordered using the Samsung Upgrade option? I am trying to checkout but do not see the "opt in" option for the program. The only choices are Pay in full or Samsung Finance. I tried going through the Samsung Finance path, but even at checkout there is no mention of opting into the Samsung Upgrade.

Anyone else have this issue?
Yep. I called customer service. You don’t have to opt in with TVs, only with phones. If you pay with samsung financing for 36 months you are auto opted in.
Noxn38 likes this.
post #78 of 305 Old 03-02-2019, 08:14 PM

Thank you!!!! Their website is very confusing - it literally says you need to opt into the program... and their online support is lacking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #79 of 305 Old 03-02-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Yep. I called customer service. You don’t have to opt in with TVs, only with phones. If you pay with samsung financing for 36 months you are auto opted in.
This part keeps throwing me for a loop...

"Choose your new eligible TV and select Samsung Upgrade when you checkout with Samsung Financing."

And then there is NO option for "select Samsung Upgrade" in the checkout...
post #80 of 305 Old 03-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This part keeps throwing me for a loop...

"Choose your new eligible TV and select Samsung Upgrade when you checkout with Samsung Financing."

And then there is NO option for "select Samsung Upgrade" in the checkout...
Yeah I had the same concern. I tried a different, non-EPP, account in a different browser. Also tried another compatible TV and I could never get the option to show. The man on the phone sounded pretty sure. He said if you pick the finance option you will get an email after 2 years asking if you want to upgrade.
Noxn38 likes this.
post #81 of 305 Old 03-03-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah I had the same concern. I tried a different, non-EPP, account in a different browser. Also tried another compatible TV and I could never get the option to show. The man on the phone sounded pretty sure. He said if you pick the finance option you will get an email after 2 years asking if you want to upgrade.

I figured out the bug - it seems the Samsung Upgrade is only popping up with bundle options.

If you try to purchase the new 8K TV you will see the prompt after skipping the bundle stuff... or try it on the 2018 Q9. Either way, I’m not so sure id trust that rep you spoke to. Every piece of Samsung literature says you HAVE to opt in to the program to be eligible. Seems the website is having issues. I attached a screenshot of the 2018 Q9 checkout showing the correct payment options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9679.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	2533944  
post #82 of 305 Old 03-03-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I figured out the bug - it seems the Samsung Upgrade is only popping up with bundle options.

If you try to purchase the new 8K TV you will see the prompt after skipping the bundle stuff... or try it on the 2018 Q9. Either way, I’m not so sure id trust that rep you spoke to. Every piece of Samsung literature says you HAVE to opt in to the program to be eligible. Seems the website is having issues. I attached a screenshot of the 2018 Q9 checkout showing the correct payment options.

Thanks for the this. I sent an e-mail to Customer Service and asked them to confirm. I already placed my order, but it has not shipped. I wonder if they can modify something like this on the back end.

I think the difference is you can select "buy now" for the Q900 or the Q9. The Q90 is only "Add to Cart".
post #83 of 305 Old 03-03-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the this. I sent an e-mail to Customer Service and asked them to confirm. I already placed my order, but it has not shipped. I wonder if they can modify something like this on the back end.

I think the difference is you can select "buy now" for the Q900 or the Q9. The Q90 is only "Add to Cart".

You’re right - the difference seems to be buy now vs add to cart. Good luck with your order, definitely get something in writing from them... if not just cancel and reorder in a few days!

post #84 of 305 Old 03-04-2019, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Q80 55" popped up. No pricing. Maybe they are getting ready to load up the site soon.

6% back at eBates. That would wash my taxes, so the 75" Q80R would be roughly $3200. (just a guess)
post #85 of 305 Old 03-04-2019, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs418 View Post
Q80 55" popped up. No pricing. Maybe they are getting ready to load up the site soon.

6% back at eBates. That would wash my taxes, so the 75" Q80R would be roughly $3200. (just a guess)

You're probably pretty close if the EPP pricing holds. PC Richard & Son has it listed for $3999 with a release date of April 2nd.
post #86 of 305 Old 03-04-2019, 05:56 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trdreher View Post
You're probably pretty close if the EPP pricing holds. PC Richard & Son has it listed for $3999 with a release date of April 2nd.
Damn, have to wait another month for that to come out...

Panny 65VT50 // Samsung 75Q80R // Xbox One X // Pioneer Elite SC-67 // Paradigm Millenia L-R-C-S  // Paradigm Seismic 12 // Belkin PF60 // Harmony Ultimate One
post #87 of 305 Old 03-05-2019, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I just pre-ordered the Samsung Q80r. EPP is 25% off, wow! Just $200 more than the sale price of the Q8FN. Makes me think that there probably isn't much of a difference between the models if it is only $200 more. Rumor is that the Q80r has 96 Zones this time, so it edged out the Sony x950g's 60 zones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	80r.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2534868  
post #88 of 305 Old 03-06-2019, 09:01 AM

Liked: 17
6% cashback through Ebates would be amazing. Hopefully it's still that percentage when the 75" Q80r gets released.

Panny 65VT50 // Samsung 75Q80R // Xbox One X // Pioneer Elite SC-67 // Paradigm Millenia L-R-C-S  // Paradigm Seismic 12 // Belkin PF60 // Harmony Ultimate One
post #89 of 305 Old 03-06-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv4k View Post
I just pre-ordered the Samsung Q80r. EPP is 25% off, wow! Just $200 more than the sale price of the Q8FN. Makes me think that there probably isn't much of a difference between the models if it is only $200 more. Rumor is that the Q80r has 96 Zones this time, so it edged out the Sony x950g's 60 zones.
Well it has the same new wide angle viewing, reflection handling, and better image processing that the Q90 has so I would hope its better. This deal is not available for everyone so you're getting a special price for a tv that is just being released. I'm likely to pull the trigger on this model once enough feedback becomes available from early adopters.
post #90 of 305 Old 03-06-2019, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
6% cashback through Ebates would be amazing. Hopefully it's still that percentage when the 75" Q80r gets released.
Quote:
Well it has the same new wide angle viewing, reflection handling, and better image processing that the Q90 has so I would hope its better. This deal is not available for everyone so you're getting a special price for a tv that is just being released. I'm likely to pull the trigger on this model once enough feedback becomes available from early adopters.
I am thinking this is my choice as well.

75 Q80R. However, I am not convinced that it is worth the still ~$3000 after taxes and that is IF they offer 25% + 6% eBates cash back.

Last edited by gocubs418; 03-06-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page