AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals! (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/197-lcd-flat-panel-great-found-deals/)
-   -   Samsung EPP (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/197-lcd-flat-panel-great-found-deals/3049894-samsung-epp.html)

thomase 02-11-2019 08:29 PM

Samsung EPP
 
Does anyone remember at what point in 2018 the EPP discount kicked in for the 2018 QLEDs? I seem to recall that initially, while the 2017 models were still for sale by Samsung, the 2018 models were NOT discounted.

Since the 2019 QLED models were just announced. I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait in order to take advantage of EPP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Michael Carton 02-12-2019 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase (Post 57589124)
Does anyone remember at what point in 2018 the EPP discount kicked in for the 2018 QLEDs? I seem to recall that initially, while the 2017 models were still for sale by Samsung, the 2018 models were NOT discounted.

Since the 2019 QLED models were just announced. I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait in order to take advantage of EPP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ebates has 10% cash back right now for dell.

Dell has many Samsung TV's at competitive prices.

thomase 02-12-2019 07:53 AM

I'm referring specifically to Samsung's EPP discount that you can get by registering a company email address. For example, the 65" Q9FN was discounted down to $2799 , but I don't remember when that started (March, April, May, June?) I'm planning on a new TV soon, but I probably won't consider Samsung without this discount. I want to have an idea of how long I'll need to wait.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thomase 02-12-2019 08:12 AM

Actually, I'm talking about the [email protected] program. I thought EPP and [email protected] were the same thing, but now I'm not so sure...

Michael Carton 02-12-2019 08:29 AM

i just got the EPP program to work from samsung. the 82 q8fn is 3999 with it. I think I can get a better deal on greentoe....

gocubs418 02-19-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase (Post 57589124)
Does anyone remember at what point in 2018 the EPP discount kicked in for the 2018 QLEDs? I seem to recall that initially, while the 2017 models were still for sale by Samsung, the 2018 models were NOT discounted.

Since the 2019 QLED models were just announced. I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait in order to take advantage of EPP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Argh, Samsung EPP is 20% off the new models but they don't have the 75" for either the Q80 or Q90. Only the 65".

If anyone has Samsung EPP and wants the 65", I can't see it getting any better than 20% off right off the bat.

Q90 65" - $2799
Q80 65" - $2099 (wowza, 25% off)
Q70 75" - $2799

If that Q90 75" pops up for 20% off, I might spring for it. My wife MIGHT leave me

Epacy 02-19-2019 09:06 AM

Damn, the EPP pricing on the 2019 TVs are fantastic. Didn't even know I had EPP till I tried. Thanks for the thread and waiting on the Q80 75/82" to show up as well.

benboy12 02-19-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57625682)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase (Post 57589124)
Does anyone remember at what point in 2018 the EPP discount kicked in for the 2018 QLEDs? I seem to recall that initially, while the 2017 models were still for sale by Samsung, the 2018 models were NOT discounted.

Since the 2019 QLED models were just announced. I'm wondering how long I'll have to wait in order to take advantage of EPP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Argh, Samsung EPP is 20% off the new models but they don't have the 75" for either the Q80 or Q90. Only the 65".

If anyone has Samsung EPP and wants the 65", I can't see it getting any better than 20% off right off the bat.

Q90 65" - $2799
Q80 65" - $2099 (wowza, 25% off)
Q70 75" - $2799

If that Q90 75" pops up for 20% off, I might spring for it. My wife MIGHT leave me

Do you know if you can combine EPP with Samsung Upgrade program? (Not that I know anyone with EPP access).

gocubs418 02-19-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epacy (Post 57625828)
Damn, the EPP pricing on the 2019 TVs are fantastic. Didn't even know I had EPP till I tried. Thanks for the thread and waiting on the Q80 75/82" to show up as well.

Curious, why the 80 over the 90? Price?

gocubs418 02-19-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57625852)
Do you know if you can combine EPP with Samsung Upgrade program? (Not that I know anyone with EPP access).

Yes you can.

Epacy 02-19-2019 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57625858)
Curious, why the 80 over the 90? Price?

Yea, price and that model has everything I'm looking for. At a minimum wanted the improved viewing angle and 25% off is great.

benboy12 02-19-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57625862)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57625852)
Do you know if you can combine EPP with Samsung Upgrade program? (Not that I know anyone with EPP access).

Yes you can.

Dang. I need to find someone who has access to EPP then

gocubs418 02-19-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57626006)
Dang. I need to find someone who has access to EPP then

I should caveat, I don't know 100%, but from what I see on the EPP website, it definitely seems as if you can.

Epacy 02-19-2019 10:09 AM

Samsung has 0% financing and if you add Ebates you get 3% cashback.

srkmish 02-19-2019 10:27 AM

It's tempting, but no proper reviews are out yet for 2019 TVs. Won't it be a bit too impulsive to splurge on these before getting opinion from reviewers?

gocubs418 02-19-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epacy (Post 57626180)
Samsung has 0% financing and if you add Ebates you get 3% cashback.

I wasn't 100% sure that you can do ebates + EPP. I was considering the 0% financing, but not sure I want to really do that, would rather just pay cash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srkmish (Post 57626288)
It's tempting, but no proper reviews are out yet for 2019 TVs. Won't it be a bit too impulsive to splurge on these before getting opinion from reviewers?

The only reason I would be tempted is because of the 20% off discount, it is most likely limited time deal.

I am trying my hardest to wait for reviews.

Epacy 02-19-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srkmish (Post 57626288)
It's tempting, but no proper reviews are out yet for 2019 TVs. Won't it be a bit too impulsive to splurge on these before getting opinion from reviewers?

I like to live dangerously...

Epacy 02-19-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57626682)
I wasn't 100% sure that you can do ebates + EPP. I was considering the 0% financing, but not sure I want to really do that, would rather just pay cash.



The only reason I would be tempted is because of the 20% off discount, it is most likely limited time deal.

I am trying my hardest to wait for reviews.

Samsung website indicates it's a limited time deal.

thomase 02-19-2019 06:43 PM

Where does it suggest that the pricing is for a limited time only? Last year, the pricing was pretty stable. For example, 65" 2018 Q9FN was $2799 pretty much all of last year, and only recently dropped to $2599.

BTW, is EPP and [email protected] the same thing?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Noxn38 02-21-2019 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase (Post 57628800)
Where does it suggest that the pricing is for a limited time only? Last year, the pricing was pretty stable. For example, 65" 2018 Q9FN was $2799 pretty much all of last year, and only recently dropped to $2599.

BTW, is EPP and [email protected] the same thing?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Here is the Q90R, at the very bottom it states: "Price includes $700 instant savings - 20% off. Limited time only"

I am torn about purchasing myself without reading reviews... but the price does sound pretty great. I'm not a fan that they do NOT list the sale ends date!

gocubs418 02-21-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxn38 (Post 57635800)
Here is the Q90R, at the very bottom it states: "Price includes $700 instant savings - 20% off. Limited time only"

I am torn about purchasing myself without reading reviews... but the price does sound pretty great. I'm not a fan that they do NOT list the sale ends date!

It sucks that I get charged tax in Texas :frown: Out the door, the Q90R 65" would cost me $3030 minus 3% back from ebates ~$90 so $2,940.

That's a lot of cheddar on a 65". My Vizio 75" was only $2,100 when I bought it and now it is only $1,500. Granted, the TV is not very good, but still.

benboy12 02-21-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase (Post 57628800)
Where does it suggest that the pricing is for a limited time only? Last year, the pricing was pretty stable. For example, 65" 2018 Q9FN was $2799 pretty much all of last year, and only recently dropped to $2599.

BTW, is EPP and [email protected] the same thing?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this! Because of this post I searched [email protected] and found out I am eligible! And yes, the discounts are on [email protected]!

Also looks the Q900 is also elligible for any big spenders out there.

Anyone know if you can cancel an order between and ship date? I was thinking you could place the order take advantage of the discount, but could cancel if subpar reviews come out before ship date.

Lorderl 02-21-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57636634)
I searched [email protected] and found out I am eligible!

How did you find out you're eligible?

ponnie1996 02-21-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorderl (Post 57637274)
How did you find out you're eligible?

google [email protected], click on link, enter your company email. Unfortunately, my company does not participate. It told me right away, after I ht the submit button.

gocubs418 02-21-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57636634)
Thanks for posting this! Because of this post I searched [email protected] and found out I am eligible! And yes, the discounts are on [email protected]!

Also looks the Q900 is also elligible for any big spenders out there.

Anyone know if you can cancel an order between and ship date? I was thinking you could place the order take advantage of the discount, but could cancel if subpar reviews come out before ship date.

There is a need help button, click it and ask for live help. The reps are fairly knowledgeable.

Maxs_dad 02-22-2019 06:57 AM

Thanks for the tips, pulled the trigger on a Q90R.

benboy12 02-22-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxs_dad (Post 57641176)
Thanks for the tips, pulled the trigger on a Q90R.

Congrats! I’m looking to do the same. However, Samsung’s site keeps giving me an error message on the password change screen that pops up by default after I enter the temp password they sent 😞

I’ve tried a couple different days on different devices. I was wondering if the site was down, but sounds like others have been successful.

thomase 02-22-2019 08:11 AM

[email protected] must be different than EPP because I definitely don't see the "Limited time only" footnote.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gocubs418 02-22-2019 10:46 AM

IF Samsung gives a 20% discount on the Q80R 75", I may pull the trigger. I doubt its going to 20% but rather 15%. If it wasn't for freaking taxes, it would be at $3,400 OTD, but with tax its $3612.

I am really liking what Samsung is selling me on this model, but I want to see if Vizio can come to the table at $3,000.

I just hate waiting so long. :mad:

Honestly, I could just snag the Sony 75X900F at $2250 and be happy with that.

Maxs_dad 02-22-2019 10:50 AM

The temporary code they provide you is more of an activation code for your email address. Once you use the one time code you have to create an account. I used the “forgot my pw” option and it allowed me to create an account even though I never had an account. Hope that helps.

tvhunter 02-22-2019 04:20 PM

It never prompted me to create an account. Does that happen when you go to make a purchase?

benboy12 02-22-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxs_dad (Post 57642690)
The temporary code they provide you is more of an activation code for your email address. Once you use the one time code you have to create an account. I used the “forgot my pw” option and it allowed me to create an account even though I never had an account. Hope that helps.

I was given a one time activation code, which worked. I wasn't prompted to create an account. I just received an e-mail from Samsung with my e-mail address and a Samsung generated password (which I am struggling to get to work).

srkmish 02-22-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57642672)
IF Samsung gives a 20% discount on the Q80R 75", I may pull the trigger. I doubt its going to 20% but rather 15%. If it wasn't for freaking taxes, it would be at $3,400 OTD, but with tax its $3612.

I am really liking what Samsung is selling me on this model, but I want to see if Vizio can come to the table at $3,000.

I just hate waiting so long. :mad:

Honestly, I could just snag the Sony 75X900F at $2250 and be happy with that.

If you could be patient, I would wait for all reviews of all 2019 models to come out and wait for Black Friday. I don't think X900F is worth it because the Dolby Vision Netflix performance is horrible. Too dark to be enjoyable. I think waiting for reviews of Q80R and X950G would be wise.

tvhunter 02-22-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57644678)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxs_dad (Post 57642690)
The temporary code they provide you is more of an activation code for your email address. Once you use the one time code you have to create an account. I used the “forgot my pw” option and it allowed me to create an account even though I never had an account. Hope that helps.

I was given a one time activation code, which worked. I wasn't prompted to create an account. I just received an e-mail from Samsung with my e-mail address and a Samsung generated password (which I am struggling to get to work).

ok thanks, it was a second email after the verification code email. I’m going to at least wait for some legit reviews on these things. Just too much money without more knowledge of the tv but appreciate the tip!

gocubs418 02-22-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srkmish (Post 57644700)
If you could be patient, I would wait for all reviews of all 2019 models to come out and wait for Black Friday. I don't think X900F is worth it because the Dolby Vision Netflix performance is horrible. Too dark to be enjoyable. I think waiting for reviews of Q80R and X950G would be wise.

I am. No immediate rush. Plus, the TVs ship what? 03/08?

Epacy 02-22-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57642672)
IF Samsung gives a 20% discount on the Q80R 75", I may pull the trigger. I doubt its going to 20% but rather 15%. If it wasn't for freaking taxes, it would be at $3,400 OTD, but with tax its $3612.

I am really liking what Samsung is selling me on this model, but I want to see if Vizio can come to the table at $3,000.

I just hate waiting so long. :mad:

Honestly, I could just snag the Sony 75X900F at $2250 and be happy with that.

They have 25% on the 65" right now. I check daily for when they will list the 75 and 82". Will pull the trigger then.

srkmish 02-22-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epacy (Post 57645380)
They have 25% on the 65" right now. I check daily for when they will list the 75 and 82". Will pull the trigger then.

Please let us know as well :)

tvhunter 02-24-2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57644678)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxs_dad (Post 57642690)
The temporary code they provide you is more of an activation code for your email address. Once you use the one time code you have to create an account. I used the “forgot my pw” option and it allowed me to create an account even though I never had an account. Hope that helps.

I was given a one time activation code, which worked. I wasn't prompted to create an account. I just received an e-mail from Samsung with my e-mail address and a Samsung generated password (which I am struggling to get to work).

Have you gotten this to work? When I login I get redirected to change my password which doesn’t work. Using chat online I was able to change my password but subsequent attempts to login always redirects me to change my password. Online chat gave up and just gave me a phone number to call.

benboy12 02-24-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57651308)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57644678)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxs_dad (Post 57642690)
The temporary code they provide you is more of an activation code for your email address. Once you use the one time code you have to create an account. I used the “forgot my pw” option and it allowed me to create an account even though I never had an account. Hope that helps.

I was given a one time activation code, which worked. I wasn't prompted to create an account. I just received an e-mail from Samsung with my e-mail address and a Samsung generated password (which I am struggling to get to work).

Have you gotten this to work? When I login I get redirected to change my password which doesn’t work. Using chat online I was able to change my password but subsequent attempts to login always redirects me to change my password. Online chat gave up and just gave me a phone number to call.

Not yet. The online chat gave me a Samsung EPP email address to email. I haven’t heard anything back, but I’m wondering if that is because it’s the weekend. Hoping to hear back on Monday. I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. I’m hoping that mean it’s an overall website glitch they are working on versus something wrong with my account.

I’m getting close to ready to pull the trigger on a new Q90R. The website working is one of the big things holding me back.

Would you mind sharing if they are able to assist over the phone?

Michael Carton 02-24-2019 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57652688)
Not yet. The online chat gave me a Samsung EPP email address to email. I haven’t heard anything back, but I’m wondering if that is because it’s the weekend. Hoping to hear back on Monday. I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. I’m hoping that mean it’s an overall website glitch they are working on versus something wrong with my account.

I’m getting close to ready to pull the trigger on a new Q90R. The website working is one of the big things holding me back.

Would you mind sharing if they are able to assist over the phone?

i created a samsung epp account that worked flawlessly. used the IBM employee hack...

just checked, they dont list the 2019 models on the site. You can buy the 2018 q9fn though....

gocubs418 02-24-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Carton (Post 57652898)
i created a samsung epp account that worked flawlessly. used the IBM employee hack...

just checked, they dont list the 2019 models on the site. You can buy the 2018 q9fn though....

The 2019 models are definitely on there. I just checked right now to double check.

Michael Carton 02-24-2019 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57652966)
The 2019 models are definitely on there. I just checked right now to double check.

you are correct!

tvhunter 02-24-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57652688)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57651308)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57644678)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxs_dad (Post 57642690)
The temporary code they provide you is more of an activation code for your email address. Once you use the one time code you have to create an account. I used the “forgot my pw” option and it allowed me to create an account even though I never had an account. Hope that helps.

I was given a one time activation code, which worked. I wasn't prompted to create an account. I just received an e-mail from Samsung with my e-mail address and a Samsung generated password (which I am struggling to get to work).

Have you gotten this to work? When I login I get redirected to change my password which doesn’t work. Using chat online I was able to change my password but subsequent attempts to login always redirects me to change my password. Online chat gave up and just gave me a phone number to call.

Not yet. The online chat gave me a Samsung EPP email address to email. I haven’t heard anything back, but I’m wondering if that is because it’s the weekend. Hoping to hear back on Monday. I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. I’m hoping that mean it’s an overall website glitch they are working on versus something wrong with my account.

I’m getting close to ready to pull the trigger on a new Q90R. The website working is one of the big things holding me back.

Would you mind sharing if they are able to assist over the phone?

they acknowledged a web site problem, that it was being worked on, and to try again tomorrow. I don’t know if their technical people work weekends but it’s a known general problem.

benboy12 02-24-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57653090)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57652688)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57651308)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57644678)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxs_dad (Post 57642690)
The temporary code they provide you is more of an activation code for your email address. Once you use the one time code you have to create an account. I used the “forgot my pw” option and it allowed me to create an account even though I never had an account. Hope that helps.

I was given a one time activation code, which worked. I wasn't prompted to create an account. I just received an e-mail from Samsung with my e-mail address and a Samsung generated password (which I am struggling to get to work).

Have you gotten this to work? When I login I get redirected to change my password which doesn’t work. Using chat online I was able to change my password but subsequent attempts to login always redirects me to change my password. Online chat gave up and just gave me a phone number to call.

Not yet. The online chat gave me a Samsung EPP email address to email. I haven’t heard anything back, but I’m wondering if that is because it’s the weekend. Hoping to hear back on Monday. I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. I’m hoping that mean it’s an overall website glitch they are working on versus something wrong with my account.

I’m getting close to ready to pull the trigger on a new Q90R. The website working is one of the big things holding me back.

Would you mind sharing if they are able to assist over the phone?

they acknowledged a web site problem, that it was being worked on, and to try again tomorrow. I don’t know if their technical people work weekends but it’s a known general problem.

Okay thanks. That’s good to know.

gocubs418 02-25-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57653112)
Okay thanks. That’s good to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57653090)
they acknowledged a web site problem, that it was being worked on, and to try again tomorrow. I don’t know if their technical people work weekends but it’s a known general problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Carton (Post 57653028)
you are correct!

Quote:

Originally Posted by srkmish (Post 57645806)
Please let us know as well :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epacy (Post 57645380)
They have 25% on the 65" right now. I check daily for when they will list the 75 and 82". Will pull the trigger then.


WOW. Samsung loaded up the 82" Q70R on EPP site. $3,500 or 22% off. Really freaking tempting.

If the Q80R goes up there for 22% off, I am pulling the trigger, it will be too hard too resist.

moodysj 02-25-2019 08:44 AM

What is EPP? How do you get it.?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Epacy 02-25-2019 08:46 AM

Yea, noticed they put the 82" on the site for Q70 and Q60 but still no 75 or 82" listing for the Q80. They've got the full suite of sizes for the Q60 and Q70 now.

gocubs418 02-25-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodysj (Post 57655994)
What is EPP? How do you get it.?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Google Samsung EPP and check your work email to see if your work participates with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epacy (Post 57656008)
Yea, noticed they put the 82" on the site for Q70 and Q60 but still no 75 or 82" listing for the Q80. They've got the full suite of sizes for the Q60 and Q70 now.

If Q80R 75" goes 22% off, I'm pulling the trigger. It should be ~$3,300 after taxes.

Thrust-Bot 02-25-2019 09:03 AM

Just ordered the 82Q70R, total $3759.99 with tax and shipping.

Ship by march 15th. Cant wait until it comes.

gocubs418 02-25-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrust-Bot (Post 57656084)
Just ordered the 82Q70R, total $3759.99 with tax and shipping.

Ship by march 15th. Cant wait until it comes.

Enjoy it my friend. I just don't think my area can handle a 82", I think I will get much more benefit from ultra wide angle.

moodysj 02-25-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57656066)
Google Samsung EPP and check your work email to see if your work participates with them.







If Q80R 75" goes 22% off, I'm pulling the trigger. It should be ~$3,300 after taxes.

Woohoo! It worked for me. The 65 Q90 came up as 2800, or 20% off. And that is the upgrade program. So stoked

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

benboy12 02-25-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57656066)
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodysj (Post 57655994)
What is EPP? How do you get it.?

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Google Samsung EPP and check your work email to see if your work participates with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epacy (Post 57656008)
Yea, noticed they put the 82" on the site for Q70 and Q60 but still no 75 or 82" listing for the Q80. They've got the full suite of sizes for the Q60 and Q70 now.

If Q80R 75" goes 22% off, I'm pulling the trigger. It should be ~$3,300 after taxes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrust-Bot (Post 57656084)
Just ordered the 82Q70R, total $3759.99 with tax and shipping.

Ship by march 15th. Cant wait until it comes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moodysj (Post 57656256)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57656066)
Google Samsung EPP and check your work email to see if your work participates with them.







If Q80R 75" goes 22% off, I'm pulling the trigger. It should be ~$3,300 after taxes.

Woohoo! It worked for me. The 65 Q90 came up as 2800, or 20% off. And that is the upgrade program. So stoked

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Are y’all able to login after initial account creation?

gocubs418 02-25-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57656336)
Are y’all able to login after initial account creation?

Yes. Website is a little laggy right now.

tvhunter 02-25-2019 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57656344)
Yes. Website is a little laggy right now.

Makes me think EPP is not the same as [email protected] which is still exhibiting the password change redirect for me.
After the initial account creation I have not been able to successfully login.

Thrust-Bot 02-25-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57656090)
Enjoy it my friend. I just don't think my area can handle a 82", I think I will get much more benefit from ultra wide angle.

So I take it you going the q90 or q80 route then ?

gocubs418 02-25-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrust-Bot (Post 57656512)
So I take it you going the q90 or q80 route then ?

Now that I just saw the Q900R in person, definitely. Just the anti-reflective filter is incredible.

Most likely the Q80, but maybe the 90.

benboy12 02-25-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57656468)
Makes me think EPP is not the same as [email protected] which is still exhibiting the password change redirect for me.
After the initial account creation I have not been able to successfully login.

Yeah, I think so too. It says my company is not an EPP partner, but is a [email protected] partner.

Thrust-Bot 02-26-2019 08:05 AM

This is the method I used that worked for me yesterday.

Go to beneplace.com/ibmer. Type any name you want @us.ibm.com. Examples include: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]

tvhunter 02-26-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrust-Bot (Post 57661362)
This is the method I used that worked for me yesterday.

Go to beneplace.com/ibmer. Type any name you want @us.ibm.com. Examples include: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]


and that ends up creating an IBM email address for you?

benboy12 02-27-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57656468)
Makes me think EPP is not the same as [email protected] which is still exhibiting the password change redirect for me.
After the initial account creation I have not been able to successfully login.

I just wanted to provide an update. I never received a response to my e-mail inquiry from a few days back, so I decided to give Samsung a call. I spent a little over 30 minutes on the phone being redirected to a few different areas and trying to trouble shoot. They sent me a link to reset my password, which was successful. However, logging in with my new password brought me back to the password change screen and the same error message. The technician on the line even tried logging in for me and was unsuccessful, as well. She said she would escalate to the next level and I should hear back after 24-48 hours. She also said to try again after 24 hours because she thought that could potentially make a difference. I am doubtful that the 24 hours will make a difference, but it should be interesting to hear what the escalation team has to say.

tvhunter 02-27-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57669454)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57656468)
Makes me think EPP is not the same as [email protected] which is still exhibiting the password change redirect for me.
After the initial account creation I have not been able to successfully login.

I just wanted to provide an update. I never received a response to my e-mail inquiry from a few days back, so I decided to give Samsung a call. I spent a little over 30 minutes on the phone being redirected to a few different areas and trying to trouble shoot. They sent me a link to reset my password, which was successful. However, logging in with my new password brought me back to the password change screen and the same error message. The technician on the line even tried logging in for me and was unsuccessful, as well. She said she would escalate to the next level and I should hear back after 24-48 hours. She also said to try again after 24 hours because she thought that could potentially make a difference. I am doubtful that the 24 hours will make a difference, but it should be interesting to hear what the escalation team has to say.

Thanks for the update. You reached the point where I was last Sunday so I’m not very optimistic. Although the more people that raise the issue with them the better chance there is that they fix the problem.

benboy12 02-27-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57669554)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57669454)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57656468)
Makes me think EPP is not the same as [email protected] which is still exhibiting the password change redirect for me.
After the initial account creation I have not been able to successfully login.

I just wanted to provide an update. I never received a response to my e-mail inquiry from a few days back, so I decided to give Samsung a call. I spent a little over 30 minutes on the phone being redirected to a few different areas and trying to trouble shoot. They sent me a link to reset my password, which was successful. However, logging in with my new password brought me back to the password change screen and the same error message. The technician on the line even tried logging in for me and was unsuccessful, as well. She said she would escalate to the next level and I should hear back after 24-48 hours. She also said to try again after 24 hours because she thought that could potentially make a difference. I am doubtful that the 24 hours will make a difference, but it should be interesting to hear what the escalation team has to say.

Thanks for the update. You reached the point where I was last Sunday so I’m not very optimistic. Although the more people that raise the issue with them the better chance there is that they fix the problem.

What did the escalation team say?

tvhunter 02-28-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57669560)
What did the escalation team say?

After properly resetting my password via a link they provided for the discount store I was able to login to the [email protected] account today so you should give it a shot now.

benboy12 02-28-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57673754)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57669560)
What did the escalation team say?

After properly resetting my password via a link they provided for the discount store I was able to login to the [email protected] account today so you should give it a shot now.

I am still getting the same error and I had reset my password with first tier customer service. Maybe the escalation team will provide a different password reset link.

Glad to hear it’s working for you, though!

tvhunter 02-28-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57673778)
I am still getting the same error and I had reset my password with first tier customer service. Maybe the escalation team will provide a different password reset link.

Glad to hear it’s working for you, though!

Well who knows if it will work tomorrow but it took making another phone call to Samsung Accounts 1-855-795-0509 and at first they sent me a link to reset my password for generic samsung.com which did not fix things and only after a few explanations about [email protected] did it occur to them that I needed a password reset for their discount program.

benboy12 02-28-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57673836)
Well who knows if it will work tomorrow but it took making another phone call to Samsung Accounts 1-855-795-0509 and at first they sent me a link to reset my password for generic samsung.com which did not fix things and only after a few explanations about [email protected] did it occur to them that I needed a password reset for their discount program.

Just out of curiosity, when you reset your password through the link, did it ask for a password change on login again or just let you straight on through?

tvhunter 02-28-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57674684)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57673836)
Well who knows if it will work tomorrow but it took making another phone call to Samsung Accounts 1-855-795-0509 and at first they sent me a link to reset my password for generic samsung.com which did not fix things and only after a few explanations about [email protected] did it occur to them that I needed a password reset for their discount program.

Just out of curiosity, when you reset your password through the link, did it ask for a password change on login again or just let you straight on through?

no, this was the first time it didn’t redirect me to change my password.

Michael Carton 03-01-2019 06:15 AM

ebates has 6 percent back from the samsung store. wonder if you can combine this????

Michael Carton 03-01-2019 06:24 AM

it works!

I had to load the ebates chrome button in my browser. i then logged into the "workplace" discount program. I can order the 82in Q70R for 3499.99 and with ebates 6% it is 3290 plus tax.

not bad

Thrust-Bot 03-01-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57662112)
and that ends up creating an IBM email address for you?

Sorry for the late reply, but no I dont think it creates a email address for you.

benboy12 03-01-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57674740)
no, this was the first time it didn’t redirect me to change my password.

Thanks! I just called the number you provided and asked for a discount program password reset (instead of trying to explain the problem), and it worked!

The only issue is I don't see the Samsung Upgrade program when I add to cart. On the main page it says its an option, but when I go to check out I only have the option of pay in full or Samsung finance. Are the discount program and upgrade program incompatible?

EDIT: according to Samsung Support you are automatically enrolled in Samsung Upgrade when you choose Samsung Financing as a payment option. Placed my order and waiting for a ship date!

Noxn38 03-01-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Carton (Post 57677160)
it works!

I had to load the ebates chrome button in my browser. i then logged into the "workplace" discount program. I can order the 82in Q70R for 3499.99 and with ebates 6% it is 3290 plus tax.

not bad

Does ebates work with using the Samsung Finance? I am most likely going to finance it just for the upgrade program (I like the idea of a new TV every 2 years and saving 33% on the original purchase).

benboy12 03-01-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxn38 (Post 57679086)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Carton (Post 57677160)
it works!

I had to load the ebates chrome button in my browser. i then logged into the "workplace" discount program. I can order the 82in Q70R for 3499.99 and with ebates 6% it is 3290 plus tax.

not bad

Does ebates work with using the Samsung Finance? I am most likely going to finance it just for the upgrade program (I like the idea of a new TV every 2 years and saving 33% on the original purchase).

I just placed my order using Samsung Financing and eBates. I got confirmation from eBates that they would collect money from Samsung in the next 24 hours, but it’s still processing on the eBates side so not sure if I am going to get 6% of the purchase price or not.

tvhunter 03-01-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57677828)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57674740)
no, this was the first time it didn’t redirect me to change my password.

Thanks! I just called the number you provided and asked for a discount program password reset (instead of trying to explain the problem), and it worked!

The only issue is I don't see the Samsung Upgrade program when I add to cart. On the main page it says its an option, but when I go to check out I only have the option of pay in full or Samsung finance. Are the discount program and upgrade program incompatible?

EDIT: according to Samsung Support you are automatically enrolled in Samsung Upgrade when you choose Samsung Financing as a payment option. Placed my order and waiting for a ship date!

congrats! Which tv did you order? And how do you include ebates with your order?

benboy12 03-01-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57679876)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57677828)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57674740)
no, this was the first time it didn’t redirect me to change my password.

Thanks! I just called the number you provided and asked for a discount program password reset (instead of trying to explain the problem), and it worked!

The only issue is I don't see the Samsung Upgrade program when I add to cart. On the main page it says its an option, but when I go to check out I only have the option of pay in full or Samsung finance. Are the discount program and upgrade program incompatible?

EDIT: according to Samsung Support you are automatically enrolled in Samsung Upgrade when you choose Samsung Financing as a payment option. Placed my order and waiting for a ship date!

congrats! Which tv did you order? And how do you include ebates with your order?

Thanks! I got the 65 inch Q90R.

You just need to link to the Samsung site through eBates.

I have a MAc and it allowed me to download an eBates extension into my web browser. This allows you to activate eBates rebates without going to the eBates site first.

Noxn38 03-02-2019 06:42 PM

Has anyone ordered using the Samsung Upgrade option? I am trying to checkout but do not see the "opt in" option for the program. The only choices are Pay in full or Samsung Finance. I tried going through the Samsung Finance path, but even at checkout there is no mention of opting into the Samsung Upgrade.

Anyone else have this issue?

benboy12 03-02-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxn38 (Post 57684878)
Has anyone ordered using the Samsung Upgrade option? I am trying to checkout but do not see the "opt in" option for the program. The only choices are Pay in full or Samsung Finance. I tried going through the Samsung Finance path, but even at checkout there is no mention of opting into the Samsung Upgrade.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yep. I called customer service. You don’t have to opt in with TVs, only with phones. If you pay with samsung financing for 36 months you are auto opted in.

Noxn38 03-02-2019 07:14 PM

Thank you!!!! Their website is very confusing - it literally says you need to opt into the program... and their online support is lacking.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noxn38 03-02-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57684924)
Yep. I called customer service. You don’t have to opt in with TVs, only with phones. If you pay with samsung financing for 36 months you are auto opted in.

This part keeps throwing me for a loop...

"Choose your new eligible TV and select Samsung Upgrade when you checkout with Samsung Financing."

And then there is NO option for "select Samsung Upgrade" in the checkout...

benboy12 03-02-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxn38 (Post 57684988)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57684924)
Yep. I called customer service. You don’t have to opt in with TVs, only with phones. If you pay with samsung financing for 36 months you are auto opted in.

This part keeps throwing me for a loop...

"Choose your new eligible TV and select Samsung Upgrade when you checkout with Samsung Financing."

And then there is NO option for "select Samsung Upgrade" in the checkout...

Yeah I had the same concern. I tried a different, non-EPP, account in a different browser. Also tried another compatible TV and I could never get the option to show. The man on the phone sounded pretty sure. He said if you pick the finance option you will get an email after 2 years asking if you want to upgrade.

Noxn38 03-03-2019 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57685044)
Yeah I had the same concern. I tried a different, non-EPP, account in a different browser. Also tried another compatible TV and I could never get the option to show. The man on the phone sounded pretty sure. He said if you pick the finance option you will get an email after 2 years asking if you want to upgrade.



I figured out the bug - it seems the Samsung Upgrade is only popping up with bundle options.

If you try to purchase the new 8K TV you will see the prompt after skipping the bundle stuff... or try it on the 2018 Q9. Either way, I’m not so sure id trust that rep you spoke to. Every piece of Samsung literature says you HAVE to opt in to the program to be eligible. Seems the website is having issues. I attached a screenshot of the 2018 Q9 checkout showing the correct payment options.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...66330e7269.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benboy12 03-03-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxn38 (Post 57689246)
I figured out the bug - it seems the Samsung Upgrade is only popping up with bundle options.

If you try to purchase the new 8K TV you will see the prompt after skipping the bundle stuff... or try it on the 2018 Q9. Either way, I’m not so sure id trust that rep you spoke to. Every piece of Samsung literature says you HAVE to opt in to the program to be eligible. Seems the website is having issues. I attached a screenshot of the 2018 Q9 checkout showing the correct payment options.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...66330e7269.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the this. I sent an e-mail to Customer Service and asked them to confirm. I already placed my order, but it has not shipped. I wonder if they can modify something like this on the back end.

I think the difference is you can select "buy now" for the Q900 or the Q9. The Q90 is only "Add to Cart".

Noxn38 03-03-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57689406)
Thanks for the this. I sent an e-mail to Customer Service and asked them to confirm. I already placed my order, but it has not shipped. I wonder if they can modify something like this on the back end.



I think the difference is you can select "buy now" for the Q900 or the Q9. The Q90 is only "Add to Cart".



You’re right - the difference seems to be buy now vs add to cart. Good luck with your order, definitely get something in writing from them... if not just cancel and reorder in a few days!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gocubs418 03-04-2019 07:56 AM

Q80 55" popped up. No pricing. Maybe they are getting ready to load up the site soon.

6% back at eBates. That would wash my taxes, so the 75" Q80R would be roughly $3200. (just a guess)

Trdreher 03-04-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57690858)
Q80 55" popped up. No pricing. Maybe they are getting ready to load up the site soon.

6% back at eBates. That would wash my taxes, so the 75" Q80R would be roughly $3200. (just a guess)


You're probably pretty close if the EPP pricing holds. PC Richard & Son has it listed for $3999 with a release date of April 2nd.

Epacy 03-04-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trdreher (Post 57691366)
You're probably pretty close if the EPP pricing holds. PC Richard & Son has it listed for $3999 with a release date of April 2nd.

Damn, have to wait another month for that to come out...

Iluv4k 03-05-2019 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just pre-ordered the Samsung Q80r. EPP is 25% off, wow! Just $200 more than the sale price of the Q8FN. Makes me think that there probably isn't much of a difference between the models if it is only $200 more. Rumor is that the Q80r has 96 Zones this time, so it edged out the Sony x950g's 60 zones.

Epacy 03-06-2019 08:01 AM

6% cashback through Ebates would be amazing. Hopefully it's still that percentage when the 75" Q80r gets released.

tvhunter 03-06-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluv4k (Post 57700308)
I just pre-ordered the Samsung Q80r. EPP is 25% off, wow! Just $200 more than the sale price of the Q8FN. Makes me think that there probably isn't much of a difference between the models if it is only $200 more. Rumor is that the Q80r has 96 Zones this time, so it edged out the Sony x950g's 60 zones.

Well it has the same new wide angle viewing, reflection handling, and better image processing that the Q90 has so I would hope its better. This deal is not available for everyone so you're getting a special price for a tv that is just being released. I'm likely to pull the trigger on this model once enough feedback becomes available from early adopters.

gocubs418 03-06-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epacy (Post 57702112)
6% cashback through Ebates would be amazing. Hopefully it's still that percentage when the 75" Q80r gets released.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvhunter (Post 57702232)
Well it has the same new wide angle viewing, reflection handling, and better image processing that the Q90 has so I would hope its better. This deal is not available for everyone so you're getting a special price for a tv that is just being released. I'm likely to pull the trigger on this model once enough feedback becomes available from early adopters.

I am thinking this is my choice as well.

75 Q80R. However, I am not convinced that it is worth the still ~$3000 after taxes and that is IF they offer 25% + 6% eBates cash back.

benboy12 03-06-2019 12:31 PM

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that eBates cash back does work in conjunction with Samsung Financing (I believe someone had asked that question) and EPP. I just checked my eBates account and my cash back was posted.

gocubs418 03-07-2019 09:47 AM

Q90R 82" getting loaded on the EPP right now.

I'm getting prepared for them to load the 75 Q80R at only 15% off, so $3620 after tax, which would be disappointing.

If its 25%, I think its an instabuy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57703988)
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that eBates cash back does work in conjunction with Samsung Financing (I believe someone had asked that question) and EPP. I just checked my eBates account and my cash back was posted.

What TV did you end up springing for? Wouldn't the ebates only be on the portion you pay up front so the tax?

Noxn38 03-08-2019 07:40 AM

Samsung EPP
 
Samsung EPP for the Q90R 65” just got reduced another $200... $2599 (26% off).

I’d probably buy it if their website wasn’t broken for the Samsung Upgrade for this model... I’d like the option to upgrade every 2 years.

Oh and Q80R was reduced to $1899 (65”)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benboy12 03-08-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gocubs418 (Post 57708600)
Q90R 82" getting loaded on the EPP right now.

I'm getting prepared for them to load the 75 Q80R at only 15% off, so $3620 after tax, which would be disappointing.

If its 25%, I think its an instabuy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57703988)
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that eBates cash back does work in conjunction with Samsung Financing (I believe someone had asked that question) and EPP. I just checked my eBates account and my cash back was posted.

What TV did you end up springing for? Wouldn't the ebates only be on the portion you pay up front so the tax?

I ended up getting the Samsung Q90R. I received the cash back on the full price of the Tv, excluding tax and delivery, even though it was financed.

Coercion Shaman 03-08-2019 07:54 AM

Maybe I missed it, but do they still give those who sign up invitations for others or did they stop that? If they do and someone has one, PM me.

benboy12 03-08-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxn38 (Post 57713310)
Samsung EPP for the Q90R 65” just got reduced another $200... $2599 (26% off).

I’d probably buy it if their website wasn’t broken for the Samsung Upgrade for this model... I’d like the option to upgrade every 2 years.

Oh and Q80R was reduced to $1899 (65”)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I placed my order a week ago and it hasn’t even been delivered yet, I wonder if they would adjust the price of the Q90r down the additional $200

gocubs418 03-08-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxn38 (Post 57713310)
Samsung EPP for the Q90R 65” just got reduced another $200... $2599 (26% off).

I’d probably buy it if their website wasn’t broken for the Samsung Upgrade for this model... I’d like the option to upgrade every 2 years.

Oh and Q80R was reduced to $1899 (65”)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Aggressive discounting here. Looks like they are holding on larger sizes for the time being, no discount has been expanded.

Q90 65" - $2799 first discount, $2599 now
Q80 65" - $2099 first discount, $1899 now

That Q80 65" price is crazy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57713442)
I placed my order a week ago and it hasn’t even been delivered yet, I wonder if they would adjust the price of the Q90r down the additional $200

Doesn't hurt to ask.

kamouflage 03-08-2019 08:25 AM

I might try to get a Q80 this year at those prices.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tvhunter 03-08-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxn38 (Post 57713310)
Samsung EPP for the Q90R 65” just got reduced another $200... $2599 (26% off).

I’d probably buy it if their website wasn’t broken for the Samsung Upgrade for this model... I’d like the option to upgrade every 2 years.

Oh and Q80R was reduced to $1899 (65”)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I didn't think I was ready yet but that Q80R price is over 32% off! And I confirmed its there for [email protected] too.

Noxn38 03-08-2019 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benboy12 (Post 57713442)
I placed my order a week ago and it hasn’t even been delivered yet, I wonder if they would adjust the price of the Q90r down the additional $200



I’m 99% sure I read somewhere they will price adjust within 30 days. Definitely call!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.