1Likes
  • 1 Post By VA_DaveB

post #1 of 6 Old 04-25-2019, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Sony Z9F or Samsung Q90R????

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. I am hoping you can help me decide between the Z9F or the Q90R?

I live in Australia. The room has lots of windows and light (2 levels of windows) hence looking at the led over oled.

I am replacing a 9 year old top of the line Panasonic Plasma. It is a family room, so not overly worried about cinema type experience, mostly watching sport and most stuff through a PVR in Australia which outputs at 1080p. So handling fast ball motion and upscaling 1080p source material is important. Also off axis viewing will also occur at times.

My situation is this. ATM, in OZ no retailers have the Q90R to look at. However, Sony have just dropped their price on the Z9F as I was told and had confirmed that they are running it out completely. The difference in price is about $2000 Aus dollars - about $1400 US Dollars, between the Sony and the Samsung in a 75 inch.

But as I can't see the Samsung it is hard to compare apples with apples and I don't want to miss the Sony if that is what I should go for.

I am happy to wait for the Samsung price to drop, however, is this the best tv for my circumstances or am I better off getting the discounted Sony?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-26-2019, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

No one can help me out?
post #3 of 6 Old 04-26-2019, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_dots View Post
No one can help me out?
You posted in the wrong area. This is the deals thread. You want the help me choose thread. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...hread-476.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-26-2019, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

I actually posted it in the main LCD thread, however for some reason the Mod put it here, which doesn't really help me out. I just want to know what TV is better for my situation, I am not that worried about the pricing deals.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-29-2019, 04:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Sony have just dropped their price on the Z9F as I was told and had confirmed that they are running it out completely. The difference in price is about $2000 Aus dollars - about $1400 US Dollars, between the Sony and the Samsung in a 75 inch.

Everywhere but the US. Why? WHY?

Sony XBR-65X900F // Sony HTZ9F Sound Bar & SAZ9R Speakers // Xbox One X & PS4 Pro
post #6 of 6 Old 05-02-2019, 04:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1362 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Quote:
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. I am hoping you can help me decide between the Z9F or the Q90R?

I live in Australia. The room has lots of windows and light (2 levels of windows) hence looking at the led over oled.

I am replacing a 9 year old top of the line Panasonic Plasma. It is a family room, so not overly worried about cinema type experience, mostly watching sport and most stuff through a PVR in Australia which outputs at 1080p. So handling fast ball motion and upscaling 1080p source material is important. Also off axis viewing will also occur at times.

My situation is this. ATM, in OZ no retailers have the Q90R to look at. However, Sony have just dropped their price on the Z9F as I was told and had confirmed that they are running it out completely. The difference in price is about $2000 Aus dollars - about $1400 US Dollars, between the Sony and the Samsung in a 75 inch.

But as I can't see the Samsung it is hard to compare apples with apples and I don't want to miss the Sony if that is what I should go for.

I am happy to wait for the Samsung price to drop, however, is this the best tv for my circumstances or am I better off getting the discounted Sony?

Thanks for the help.
For that much less $ in a bright room setting, the Z9F is a fine choice. It is a bit brighter than the Q90R while the Q90R has deeper blacks which don't matter much in a bright room. But Samsung's FALD processing favors black bars and blooming control over shadow detail so IMO the Sony looks better for most HDR content. Both have excellent motion control for sports. The only caveat against the Z9F would be if reflections directly on the screen are an issue. If so, the Q90R has the best anti-reflective filter available.
hot_dots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page