• 1 Post By Rakesh.S
  • 1 Post By Menarini

post #1 of 7 Old 09-23-2019, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs down Do Not Buy Samsung Online

I purchased a QN82Q90RAFXZA online in mid June it work fine until July 28th. It broke Samsung took 25 days and two visits to decide to "expedite" an exchange for me because it has been so long. 18 days later Samsung finally approves and allocates a unit to be exchanged. They lose the unit in shipment and cancel or mark as completed all the open tickets. It is now been all most 63 days since my television broke and Samsung has not fix the unit or exchanged it. I have made over 8 calls and spent over 14 hours on the phone with Samsung with no resolution. They have now escalated that issue to their "highest" level and I am suppose to hear from them within the next 48 hours.Do not buy Samsung from any online company unless you do not care if it breaks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-23-2019, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dion View Post
I purchased a QN82Q90RAFXZA online in mid June it work fine until July 28th. It broke Samsung took 25 days and two visits to decide to "expedite" an exchange for me because it has been so long. 18 days later Samsung finally approves and allocates a unit to be exchanged. They lose the unit in shipment and cancel or mark as completed all the open tickets. It is now been all most 63 days since my television broke and Samsung has not fix the unit or exchanged it. I have made over 8 calls and spent over 14 hours on the phone with Samsung with no resolution. They have now escalated that issue to their "highest" level and I am suppose to hear from them within the next 48 hours.Do not buy Samsung from any online company unless you do not care if it breaks
I've simplified your advice from previous experience with Samsung equipment of various sorts and having them crap out within a month of the warranty's demise: Don't purchase anything by Samsung other than (maybe) RAM or SIMM modules -- and think about those last two before committing. I bought a Samsung USB dual-port thumb drive from Fry's last weekend, and when plugged into active ports on either Win7 and Win10 machines..nothing...nada...zilch; DOA and now being sent (UPS 2-day air at their expense) under RMA for replacement.
timgrady and ArieS1204 like this.

Last edited by jhvance; 11-25-2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: updated advice
post #3 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I ordered a Samsung a few weeks ago from an ebay seller which included the freight guys powering it up to make sure it was working. It worked great while they were here. 10 minutes after they left, I had horizontal lines all over the tv, and a huge black vertical bar on the left side (almost looked the TV was cracked on the inside).

Thankfully, the seller is good. They stepped up and will be refunding me once they receive this. Waiting for freight company to pick up.

My old tv was a Samsung, and I had to replace the DLP chip once, and then had a shadow start showing up on the screen.

I, too, am taking a break from Samsung. Trying Sony this time around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 09:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I’d say don’t buy TVs online. I watched a UPS guy roll my tv end over end down the hall to my apartment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ray0414 likes this.

Home Theater - Video: Sony KDL-55W800B - Audio - 7.2 - AVR: Denon 2809CI, Left/Right: Paradigm Prestige 95F; Center: Paradigm Prestige 45C; Surrounds: Sonance IS4; Subwoofers: Paradigm RVC-12SQ with X850 Amplifier - Upgrade in Progress!
post #5 of 7 Old 11-12-2019, 10:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I bought my Samsung 1080p DLP in 2008 from Amazon. No issues. More than anything, I think build quality and overall QC has taken a dump, even on high end sets. A UPS guy that rolls the TV end over end certainly doesn't help the cause.
pilotart likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-13-2019, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 894 Post(s)
Liked: 402
The bigger question is why buy any scamsung tv's at all? All they make is qled and non qled lcd's nowadays and those tv's have mediocre written all over them, even though the pricing on the qleds is high like the scamsung Q90R.
Hetfieldjames likes this.

Last edited by Menarini; 11-13-2019 at 03:28 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-13-2019, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hope you're sitting down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
The bigger question is why buy any scamsung tv's at all?
this is going to be shocking.

The answer is because they fit a niche market that consumers are interested in.

Simple.

Bye, Felicia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page