Originally Posted by sirius_rich
I’ve given myself a headache trying to decide if the Sony x950g 75 is worth $300 more than the x900F, same size. Looks like the extra money for the 950 is in the processor. I wanted an 85” but the boss said it was too big. So all my research on 85’s was fruitless. What do you guys that have seen both units think?
I've had both. I bought the 75" X950G when it was $2,500, kept it for about a month, but returned it for the 75" X900F when it dropped to $1800 because most people said it was almost the same TV... I figured saving $700 + tax was a no brainer for almost the same performance.
However, now that the 75" X950G is $2000, I am returning the X900F and getting the X950G again... (Should arrive on Friday morning!)
I know, I'm a terrible person, but I have my reasons!
- The X950G is significantly brighter for HDR, and especially Dolby Vision, than the X900F. (Yes, I noticed the difference, even just browsing the Apple TV menus.)
- The X950G has better input lag for games, especially 1080p (if you're playing Switch, PS4 non-pro, etc.)
- The X950G has a better, faster, cleaner-looking interface and updated operating system than the X900F. (I love how easy it is to switch between modes and settings using the remote vs. the X900F, where you have to jump into a few menus. The X950G has a sort of quick menu you can pull up with a button and change between game mode, etc. MUCH faster.)
- The X950G has eARC support, which I am not using now, but may in the future.
- It's last year's model TV vs 2 years ago, a better value for the money. With the price difference now between the 2 TVs being only $200, I can justify that vs the $700 before.