Refurbished Epson 5040UB - $1,151.00 - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 159Likes

post #601 of 825 Old 07-19-2019, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question What to use as dated receipt or invoice for free bulb?

Hi - For those that sent in their free bulb rebate form, what did you use for the receipt and UPC code?
Is including a copy of the packing slip good enough or email or what?
And where is the UPC code found?

Thanks for any information on what is the best way to do this.

Thanks,
Allan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 825 Old 07-20-2019, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Weinman View Post
Hi - For those that sent in their free bulb rebate form, what did you use for the receipt and UPC code?

Thanks,
Allan
I used the receipt they emailed me for the purchase and the serial number off the projector.
post #603 of 825 Old 07-20-2019, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Weinman View Post

Thanks,
Allan
I didn't see anything about asking for a UPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 825 Old 07-21-2019, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post
I didn't see anything about asking for a UPC.

There are instructions on the online rebate resource page. Not sure how much will epson enforce inclusion of UPC/Copy. Packing slip is accepted for receipt. UPC code can be found on one of the sides of the brown box. According to the instructions on the rebate form "UPC or a copy of UPC" must be included. (You can take a phone picture of the UPC label from the box and print that out).

https://epson.my-rebate.com/QuickRebateNew.aspx

Welcome to the Epson Rebate Pre-submission website.
You will need the following items to complete the submission of your rebate:
  1. Copy/original dated store receipt or invoice with purchase(s) circled.
  2. The original or copy of the Epson UPC from the product box. Click here for a visual image of a typical UPC.
  3. Original product serial number label: the serial number that is usually located on the bottom or edge of the box.
  4. Customer Rebate Summary form provided at the end of this process.
  5. One envelope and stamp.
Link to check rebate after submission: https://epson.my-rebate.com/QuickTracker.aspx

Last edited by starlights; 07-21-2019 at 08:03 PM.
post #605 of 825 Old 07-21-2019, 08:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlights View Post
There are instructions on the online rebate resource page. Not sure how much will epson enforce inclusion of UPC/Copy. Packing slip is accepted for receipt. UPC code can be found on one of the sides of the brown box. According to the instructions on the rebate form "UPC or a copy of UPC" must be included. (You can take a phone picture of the UPC label from the box and print that out).

https://epson.my-rebate.com/QuickRebateNew.aspx

Welcome to the Epson Rebate Pre-submission website.
You will need the following items to complete the submission of your rebate:
  1. Copy/original dated store receipt or invoice with purchase(s) circled.
  2. The original or copy of the Epson UPC from the product box. Click here for a visual image of a typical UPC.
  3. Original product serial number label: the serial number that is usually located on the bottom or edge of the box.
  4. Customer Rebate Summary form provided at the end of this process.
  5. One envelope and stamp.
Link to check rebate after submission: https://epson.my-rebate.com/QuickTracker.aspx
The rebate form I used is different. Step 1 purchase projector. Step 2 attach your RECEIPT/INVOICE (no mention of UPC). Step 3 projector model, serial #, quantity. Step 4 name/address/phone/place of purchase/date of purchase. No call for a UPC on the form. It's odd they have two different lamp rebate forms.
post #606 of 825 Old 07-21-2019, 08:12 PM

I am having a hard time calibrating the image to my liking. I have saved all the calibration settngs (including HarperVision and others) but somehow just not getting the pop I have been hoping for. On some streaming sources the colors look oversaturated with the provided calibration settings so I have been adjusting to my taste. The issue is that the image does not appear to have the "pop" that I got with my Optoma HD20 that this is replacing, despite being a much higher lumen projector. I am a photographer, and in simple terms, the histograms looks compressed (like it often looks in photography HDR images) so to my taste the image appears dull and lifeless.......
To quantify, if black is 1 and super bright is 10, my images go from 1-6 no more (perhaps that's how HDR is supposed to be on projectors?)

Would love to hear others thoughts about it.
post #607 of 825 Old 07-21-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
The rebate form I used is different. Step 1 purchase projector. Step 2 attach your RECEIPT/INVOICE (no mention of UPC). Step 3 projector model, serial #, quantity. Step 4 name/address/phone/place of purchase/date of purchase. No call for a UPC on the form. It's odd they have two different lamp rebate forms.

Yes, you are correct in stating that the mail in form doesnt mention UPC. Thats why I said not sure how much Epson will enforce the requirement for UPC. I think you should be okay without sending one. But incase they get back asking for one, dont throw the brown box away yet - atleast cut the UPC label out and keep with you.
post #608 of 825 Old 07-22-2019, 04:13 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from ALOT of reading here and on other sites, it appears to me that IF, and maybe that's a big IF, you can get a good model of the refurb 5040ub for $1150, it seems like there's nothing that can touch it at that price. Would you agree?

It's been a long time since I've thrown my hat in the projector buying ring (currently have a 15 year old Panny AE900U 720p which I still love) so I was looking at the following models (new):

Epson 2150
BenQ 2050
BenQ TK800 (refurb as all I hear is amazing things about BenQ refurb)
BenQ 2550 (ditto refurb)
Sony VPL.. ..45ES

My room is very light controlled and I will most likely be painting the ceiling from white to black and making the walls dark.

But it sounds like the 5040 at this price is a no brainer over these others listed, with maybe the Sony ($1399 new) 2nd?

Does that sound right?

I would love to get the 5040ub if that's the case. But the number of folks saying they have to ship them back and get others scares me a bit. Unless maybe there are just so many more happy folks with their refurbs who just aren't posting...

Thanks.
post #609 of 825 Old 07-22-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
same here. No mention of upc on mine
post #610 of 825 Old 07-23-2019, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Ordered one yesterday.

Has anyone submitted the free lamp rebate from using the "Online Rebate Pre-submission"? That looks like a streamed version and asks only for Purchase Date, Store, Model and serial number. No mention of UPC or Receipt/Invoice. Which method has a better chance of receiving the free lamp? I didn't call Epson, nor do I plan to do so. Refrub usually don't qualify for a free lamp offer.
post #611 of 825 Old 07-23-2019, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex solomon View Post
Ordered one yesterday.

Has anyone submitted the free lamp rebate from using the "Online Rebate Pre-submission"? That looks like a streamed version and asks only for Purchase Date, Store, Model and serial number. No mention of UPC or Receipt/Invoice. Which method has a better chance of receiving the free lamp? I didn't call Epson, nor do I plan to do so. Refrub usually don't qualify for a free lamp offer.

You still need to mail them documents.
post #612 of 825 Old 07-23-2019, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan ii View Post
You still need to mail them documents.

What is the purpose of online submission if one has mail the documents. Double work. I will mail it then, thanks.
post #613 of 825 Old 07-23-2019, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
What is the purpose of online submission if one has mail the documents. Double work. I will mail it then, thanks.
From their website.....I'm not sure if it helps. Mine was allegedly processed June 5 and I still do not know anything.

If I complete the online submission, why do I still have to mail in the form and required information?
By completing the online submission process, your rebate can be expedited through the process once we receive the paperwork. This also ensures that all information required to validate your rebate is accurately captured. You still must mail in the rebate form and all supporting documentation to validate your claim to ensure that the correct product was purchased during the promotional period.
Alex solomon likes this.

Last edited by titan ii; 07-23-2019 at 05:52 PM.
post #614 of 825 Old 07-23-2019, 07:36 PM

Liked: 8
Quote:
Ordered one yesterday.

I submitted my info using the "Online Rebate Pre-submission" form. I mailed them the requested information. I did send them a copy of my receipt I printed from their website. I have received my free bulb. Really need to get around to putting some hours on my projector. Have had it for at least 2 months and I still have under an hour on it. SMH
Alex solomon likes this.

Last edited by calvinwalfred; 07-23-2019 at 07:56 PM.
post #615 of 825 Old 07-24-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by midfidude View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from ALOT of reading here and on other sites, it appears to me that IF, and maybe that's a big IF, you can get a good model of the refurb 5040ub for $1150, it seems like there's nothing that can touch it at that price. Would you agree?

It's been a long time since I've thrown my hat in the projector buying ring (currently have a 15 year old Panny AE900U 720p which I still love) so I was looking at the following models (new):

Epson 2150
BenQ 2050
BenQ 2550 (ditto refurb)
Sony VPL.. ..45ES

My room is very light controlled and I will most likely be painting the ceiling from white to black and making the walls dark.

But it sounds like the 5040 at this price is a no brainer over these others listed, with maybe the Sony ($1399 new) 2nd?

Does that sound right?

I would love to get the 5040ub if that's the case. But the number of folks saying they have to ship them back and get others scares me a bit. Unless maybe there are just so many more happy folks with their refurbs who just aren't posting...

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat, I have a Benq 2050A and I would like to upgrade as well. So I need this info myself.

Living Room: Samsung UN65JS8500,Onkyo TX-NR676,Klipsch R-28F,Klipsch RC-62II,Klipsch R-14S,Polk Audio 80 FX/RT(Atmos)
Bedroom: Samsung UN55MU6290,Onkyo TX-RZ610,Onkyo & Fluance speakers
Garage: Epson 5040UB,Elite Screens 125" motorized screen,2xKlipsch RP-160M,4xKlipsch RP-150M,Klipsch RP-450C ,2xKlipsch CDT-3800CII/2xCDT3650CII,Klipsch R115SW/R110SW
post #616 of 825 Old 07-24-2019, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
I'm in the same boat, I have a Benq 2050A and I would like to upgrade as well. So I need this info myself.
I'm not sure that this is the place to discuss this but the weight, size and differing throw ratio of the HC5040 over a HT2050A mean that there's more to consider than PJ performance.
post #617 of 825 Old 07-25-2019, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
I too have been interested in the refurbished 5040 as well to replace my 2 year old Epson 2040 I got on Prime Days. I have been debating on this or a new 75" 4K TV for our living room to replace a 12 year rear projection 60" 1080p TV. I will have to sell some things for the boss, I mine wife to agree to either one. I have been leaning toward the 75" TV more since my room is not done and some prices on new models could be done by the time I finish it.

Not I know of tow guys in my area on the forum that have had good experience with getting a good one the first time and the other had to send it back at least 5 times I think. I think since there are still some available your chances. of getting a good one the first time is good. Good luck in getting a good one.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #618 of 825 Old 07-25-2019, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by midfidude View Post

Epson 2150
BenQ 2050
BenQ 2550 (ditto refurb)
Sony VPL.. ..45ES

Does that sound right?

Thanks.
Yes, that is absolutely right.

That was my thought process when I ordered mine to replace a 5 year old Optoma HD25 DLP. I am thrilled at the image, it is absolutely stunning. The colours and dimensionality of the image is leagues above my Optoma which I also loved and still plan on keeping as its 3D with RF glasses is flawless.

I think if you are willing to play the refurb roulette, you WILL get a great one eventually. Many of us got a great unit from the first day.
post #619 of 825 Old 07-25-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I am having a hard time calibrating the image to my liking. I have saved all the calibration settngs (including HarperVision and others) but somehow just not getting the pop I have been hoping for. On some streaming sources the colors look oversaturated with the provided calibration settings so I have been adjusting to my taste. The issue is that the image does not appear to have the "pop" that I got with my Optoma HD20 that this is replacing, despite being a much higher lumen projector. I am a photographer, and in simple terms, the histograms looks compressed (like it often looks in photography HDR images) so to my taste the image appears dull and lifeless.......
To quantify, if black is 1 and super bright is 10, my images go from 1-6 no more (perhaps that's how HDR is supposed to be on projectors?)

Would love to hear others thoughts about it.
I’m also coming from a somewhat similar projector, the HD25. The image I have now is far far superior, but it took time for me to arrive at it.

I tried all the settings from others, and none worked for me. I basically just reset everything to default, put it in Natural mode, adjusted very minor amount:- turned off or lowered a lot of the picture sharping settings. Bumped colour saturation up to 53, brought brightness down to 47 or 48, and for my gray screen it looks good to where i don’t even tinker with it. This is for SDR. For HDR I found an audioholics article that had good settings with our latest firmware.
post #620 of 825 Old 07-25-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier3 View Post
I’m also coming from a somewhat similar projector, the HD25. The image I have now is far far superior, but it took time for me to arrive at it.

I tried all the settings from others, and none worked for me. I basically just reset everything to default, put it in Natural mode, adjusted very minor amount:- turned off or lowered a lot of the picture sharping settings. Bumped colour saturation up to 53, brought brightness down to 47 or 48, and for my gray screen it looks good to where i don’t even tinker with it. This is for SDR. For HDR I found an audioholics article that had good settings with our latest firmware.
You are correct - I arrived at great settings of my liking following the exact same approach as you listed above. I do have the other calibrations saved though to occasionally compare. I would love to try the audioholics settings if you can share a link or post them here. Thanks!
post #621 of 825 Old 07-25-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You are correct - I arrived at great settings of my liking following the exact same approach as you listed above. I do have the other calibrations saved though to occasionally compare. I would love to try the audioholics settings if you can share a link or post them here. Thanks!
Here is the article:

https://www.audioholics.com/projecto...r-review/setup

The bottom of the page has some good guidance. The 6040ub is essentially the same PJ so the info is good. It’s also based on the latest firmware. Only thing I suggest is using the Auto Bright setting for HDMI dynamic range.
post #622 of 825 Old 07-26-2019, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Ordered one yesterday.

I feel like this exact question has been asked several times in this thread. Yes, you still qualify to get the lamp even though you bought a refurb unit.

I bought my refurb unit last month, mailed in my form, got an email confirmation 2 weeks later. The lamp should be here in about 6 weeks.
post #623 of 825 Old 07-30-2019, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMaMa84 View Post
I feel like this exact question has been asked several times in this thread. Yes, you still qualify to get the lamp even though you bought a refurb unit.

I bought my refurb unit last month, mailed in my form, got an email confirmation 2 weeks later. The lamp should be here in about 6 weeks.
I'm in Canada, bought refurb from Epson.ca, mailed in my documents and last week go this as well:

Dear XXX,
Thank you for purchasing Epson. Your rebate submission has been received and is in process. Please allow 4 - 6 weeks to receive your rebate and/or premium item.
To check the status of your rebate, please visit www.epson.com/promotions.
Register your Epson product today! It's quick and easy!
- Receive a Special Epson Store Discount Offer
- Obtain Easy Driver Updates via our Free-Direct-to-Desktop Update Tool
- Access Technical Support and Advice
- Receive Exclusive Online Offers
Click here for details or copy this link into your browser window:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/f...egCountry.jsp?
Sincerely,
Epson Rebate Administrator
PLEASE NOTE: This is an automated email message. Please do not reply directly to this message.

Build Thread:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...m-wet-bar.html
Theatre Room: Samsung UN55KU7000F | Pioneer SP-FS52 x 2 | Polk MC80 x 2
Epson 5040UB | 120" Elunevision 4K Reference Tab 2.35:1 | Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Center Channel
post #624 of 825 Old 07-31-2019, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Should I play refurb roulette?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #625 of 825 Old 08-03-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphx2 View Post
Should I play refurb roulette?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
i have my 2nd 5040, first one sent back overheating and this one has been great. No issues what soever and the picture is great. The 5040 has great blacks and plenty of brightness.
post #626 of 825 Old 08-03-2019, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm curious at how many hours of use the projector experiences overheating. Mine is still working great with 35 hours of use.
post #627 of 825 Old 08-04-2019, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I got 5040 refurbished 3 weeks ago. Here is my experience so far;

1) It came with 0 bulb hours and 0 bulb replacements. It came in brown refurb box. no issues so far

2) submitted the rebate form a few days after receiving the projector. submitted it via postal mail. in about 10 days, i see the status online that they received it and it's in process. i did not do anything online or pre submission online.

3) Epson 5040 compared to others

(a) i bought Benq TK800. it's a 4k projector. i did not like it's colors or picture quality. At the same time, I had optoma HD27HDR. i did side by side comparison. Optoma HD27HDR was much better picture quality and colors as compared to TK800. Optoma fan was less noisy as well.

5040UB as compared to both BenQ TK800 and Optoma HD27HDR: 5040UB picture quality is crips and clearn. No comparison with other two projectors. 5040 is a beast. hands down to the picture clarify. colors depth and performance is excellent. you see the colors that you don't even see in TK800 or HD27HDR. the dark and brigh scenes are clear on 5040.

if you thinking TK800 is 4K and 5040 is not 4K; only thing i can say is that not all 4K are the same. 5040UB with 4K enhancement is a better, clear, more colorful picture as compared to TK800. No comparison at all.

HD27HDR is better pic and colors as compared to TK800, and HD27HDR is half the price.

This is my experience so far with 5040UB. Excellent picture and crisp / clear.
Xavier3 likes this.
post #628 of 825 Old 08-04-2019, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zain R View Post
I got 5040 refurbished 3 weeks ago. Here is my experience so far;

1) It came with 0 bulb hours and 0 bulb replacements. It came in brown refurb box. no issues so far

2) submitted the rebate form a few days after receiving the projector. submitted it via postal mail. in about 10 days, i see the status online that they received it and it's in process. i did not do anything online or pre submission online.

3) Epson 5040 compared to others

(a) i bought Benq TK800. it's a 4k projector. i did not like it's colors or picture quality. At the same time, I had optoma HD27HDR. i did side by side comparison. Optoma HD27HDR was much better picture quality and colors as compared to TK800. Optoma fan was less noisy as well.

5040UB as compared to both BenQ TK800 and Optoma HD27HDR: 5040UB picture quality is crips and clearn. No comparison with other two projectors. 5040 is a beast. hands down to the picture clarify. colors depth and performance is excellent. you see the colors that you don't even see in TK800 or HD27HDR. the dark and brigh scenes are clear on 5040.

if you thinking TK800 is 4K and 5040 is not 4K; only thing i can say is that not all 4K are the same. 5040UB with 4K enhancement is a better, clear, more colorful picture as compared to TK800. No comparison at all.

HD27HDR is better pic and colors as compared to TK800, and HD27HDR is half the price.

This is my experience so far with 5040UB. Excellent picture and crisp / clear.
Mine also had 0 hours and 0 lamp replacements, I'm thinking they reset it.

Those were the projectors I was considering before I got the 5040 as well but after some research and a good deal on the refurb........the choice became clear.
post #629 of 825 Old 08-04-2019, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
x-posting this here for some advice. I inherited an Epson 8350 and Denon AVR-S710w that was part of the house I bought. The projector has been great but it now on its last legs and I'm considering switching out for the 5040ub. Most of my viewing is from Plex / Netflix / Amazon and any 4K content it offers over the PS4 and the cable box once in a while. I'm a casual gamer (PS4) so my head won't explode if every detail isn't perfect on the screen. It's set up in the basement which is pretty dark as well.

I'm thinking of just going the refurb route, would the 5040 be a big step up from the 8350 and does my setup make sense, or would I be just as fine with a 3500?
post #630 of 825 Old 08-04-2019, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imontopoftheworld View Post
x-posting this here for some advice...

My previous pj was also an 8350 that sold with the house. I had dlp before that, and wouldn’t go back. I upgraded to the 5040 mostly to try out a CIH setup, but I was honestly shocked how much better it looked. I was perfectly happy with the 8350, so this was a nice bonus.

4K and HDR is a bit tricky due to the hdmi port bandwidth limitation. The owners thread covers which combinations will work, but 4K 60Hz HDR ain’t gonna happen. Movies are usually fine, but you will need to tweak output settings (resolution, refresh rate, chroma, HDR) for PS4 and Netflix to get it to work within bandwidth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Front Projectors Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page