Samsung UHD UBD K-8500 Blu-ray Player Deals - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 63Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 197 Old 11-10-2016, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
KONICA TECH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Worcester Ma
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewB View Post
So I just saw that BB will have this player over black friday weekend for $199...and will also throw in a $10 BB gift card.
Where did you see this, when talking with a BB employee they said they do not know the BF deals till the day before.
KONICA TECH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 197 Old 11-10-2016, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
dmikester1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post
Where did you see this, when talking with a BB employee they said they do not know the BF deals till the day before.
It's right on their website!
http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com
dmikester1 is offline  
post #123 of 197 Old 11-10-2016, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
KONICA TECH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Worcester Ma
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikester1 View Post
It's right on their website!
http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com
Found it, funny we could not find it yesterday!
KONICA TECH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 197 Old 11-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Member
 
Orijen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Just scooped one for $219 yesterday at ABT. Gotz me a FREE AudioQuest Pearl 2M cable with it :-)
Orijen is offline  
post #125 of 197 Old 11-11-2016, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ack_bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 11,367
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1345 Post(s)
Liked: 1506
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
May be HD-DVD timeframe the policy was different. But far as I know all electronics is 90 day return.
Yes it may not be spelled out exactly, but that is my understanding, at least.
I checked with Costco customer service and they told me the Samsung player has an unlimited return policy and is not subject to the 90 day policy. The 90 day policy only applies to the electronics I posted earlier in this thread and they confirmed as much. Anything outside of that list has a lifetime return policy.

Not sure if that matters to people or not, but worth knowing.
Dan Hitchman and KONICA TECH like this.
ack_bk is offline  
post #126 of 197 Old 11-11-2016, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
aaranddeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lover's State
Posts: 4,079
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1874 Post(s)
Liked: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post
I checked with Costco customer service and they told me the Samsung player has an unlimited return policy and is not subject to the 90 day policy. The 90 day policy only applies to the electronics I posted earlier in this thread and they confirmed as much. Anything outside of that list has a lifetime return policy.

Not sure if that matters to people or not, but worth knowing.
Oh. Thank you. I was not aware.
aaranddeeman is offline  
post #127 of 197 Old 11-13-2016, 11:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,005
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12806 Post(s)
Liked: 12149
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikester1 View Post
It's right on their website!
http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com


Does best buy price match black Friday prices?
ray0414 is online now  
post #128 of 197 Old 11-13-2016, 11:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 14,781
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4737 Post(s)
Liked: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Does best buy price match black Friday prices?
Maybe... and only if it's the exact same model number at a retailer they will actually price match in their limited database of acceptable competitors.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #129 of 197 Old 11-13-2016, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
ray0414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: michigan
Posts: 17,005
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12806 Post(s)
Liked: 12149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Maybe... and only if it's the exact same model number at a retailer they will actually price match in their limited database of acceptable competitors.

Well..Looks like discover price matches black Friday prices. Looks like I'm gonna pick up those excellent Klipsch deals now, thanks to the above poster for posting the best buy BF deal
ray0414 is online now  
post #130 of 197 Old 11-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
jbjbjbjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Wesley Hills, NY
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Just Picked one up an open box at Beach Camera with free shipping for $125. They have a few more left. Its also listed on ebay.
http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/prod...layer-OPEN-BOX

Last edited by jbjbjbjb; 11-14-2016 at 03:49 PM.
jbjbjbjb is offline  
post #131 of 197 Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
aaranddeeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lover's State
Posts: 4,079
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1874 Post(s)
Liked: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjbjbjb View Post
Just Picked one up an open box at Beach Camera with free shipping for $125. They have a few more left. Its also listed on ebay.
http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/prod...layer-OPEN-BOX
Looks like all gone..
aaranddeeman is offline  
post #132 of 197 Old 11-15-2016, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
jbjbjbjb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Wesley Hills, NY
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Looks like all gone..


There were 6 of them. I think they lasted about an hour. Got mine today less than 24 hours after purchasing. They sent me a brand new one. Works great.
jbjbjbjb is offline  
post #133 of 197 Old 11-16-2016, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
Posts: 6,524
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2297 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
Does best buy price match black Friday prices?
they do not...in fact the only place I can think of that does is Walmart


Warren

Rm 1 LG65E7 Marantz 8802A prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A and HK PA2400 amps B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM6's.rears
Rm 2 Sony 49x900E Denon X7200 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Sony 55x930E Yamaha A1060 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Sony 65Z9D
turnne1 is offline  
post #134 of 197 Old 11-17-2016, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked: 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewB View Post
So I just saw that BB will have this player over black friday weekend for $199...and will also throw in a $10 BB gift card.
You can get it now - but no stores show them in stock? what the frick?

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
Panny UBD-420, LG UBK-90
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #135 of 197 Old 11-17-2016, 07:05 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 36,225
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9526 Post(s)
Liked: 6219
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLizard View Post
You can get it now - but no stores show them in stock? what the frick?
You can get it shipped to you. If there is an issue later, you can still take it back to the local BestBuy store. $190 after the $10 gift card is a great deal. WHen I look it shows the K8500 with two day shipping free for me. With delivery on this Saturday.

EDIT: and at that price the four year extended warranty is only $35. It's been a banner year for me with extended warranties from BestBuy. I've returned four items under warranty and got gift cards for their full value to either get another model or use for something else. Just last week I got $242 back for a Dehumidifier I bought three years ago that just started having issues.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 11-17-2016 at 07:08 AM.
aaronwt is offline  
post #136 of 197 Old 11-17-2016, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked: 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
You can get it shipped to you. If there is an issue later, you can still take it back to the local BestBuy store. $190 after the $10 gift card is a great deal. WHen I look it shows the K8500 with two day shipping free for me. With delivery on this Saturday.

EDIT: and at that price the four year extended warranty is only $35. It's been a banner year for me with extended warranties from BestBuy. I've returned four items under warranty and got gift cards for their full value to either get another model or use for something else. Just last week I got $242 back for a Dehumidifier I bought three years ago that just started having issues.
Thanks for the info - might just get one shipped then. And Ive never bought extended warranties but maybe this time Ill consider it

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
Panny UBD-420, LG UBK-90
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #137 of 197 Old 11-17-2016, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked: 1447
Update - most of the local Best Buy stores have plenty of these in stock but you can NOT use the buy online option and then pick up in store for this item. You have to have it shipped to your house if you buy it online. But, you can just walk into any store and get the deal. Just call your local Best Buy and verify stock. I did and Im snagging one during my lunch break

Back goes the XBox One S.... no need for it now.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
Panny UBD-420, LG UBK-90
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #138 of 197 Old 11-17-2016, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,689
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 698
It's $199 with free shipping on the Samsung site today under "See All Special Offers": http://www.samsung.com/us/television...r-ubd-k8500-za

And it's $190 with free shipping (Costco members only) at Costco as of this morning, with that unlimited forever return policy. Tax charged on $300, though, not the sales price.

Last edited by DougDingle; 11-17-2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Added Costco price
DougDingle is online now  
post #139 of 197 Old 11-17-2016, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RoadLizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 2,351
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked: 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
It's $199 with free shipping on the Samsung site today under "See All Special Offers": http://www.samsung.com/us/television...r-ubd-k8500-za

And it's $190 with free shipping (Costco members only) at Costco as of this morning, with that unlimited forever return policy. Tax charged on $300, though, not the sales price.
Its also $199 at Best Buy(I just bought one) and you get a $10 gift card too so that makes it $190. Killer deal. Most BB stores have them in stock even though they wont let you buy online and pick up in store. You have to walk in and just buy one....
aaronwt and yanks1 like this.

LG OLED65E6P, Samsung PN64H5000
Panny UBD-420, LG UBK-90
Polk RTi Towers, STi surrounds
Polk Subwoofer
Sony DH550 AVR
RoadLizard is offline  
post #140 of 197 Old 11-17-2016, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mhdiab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Was going to get the XBOX S but that would have meant a whole new AVR as well so as I pondered it and then realized the Samsung can be had for $199 it was promptly ordered on Best Buy. Will use the $10 card to get a 4k movie


Pay attention to upcoming adds - they will price match themselves
mhdiab is offline  
post #141 of 197 Old 11-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Member
 
jliehr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post
Was going to get the XBOX S but that would have meant a whole new AVR as well so as I pondered it and then realized the Samsung can be had for $199 it was promptly ordered on Best Buy. Will use the $10 card to get a 4k movie


Pay attention to upcoming adds - they will price match themselves
$159.99 with Samsung Employee Purchase today
jliehr is offline  
post #142 of 197 Old 11-18-2016, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mhdiab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jliehr View Post
$159.99 with Samsung Employee Purchase today
How? you can PM
mhdiab is offline  
post #143 of 197 Old 11-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Member
 
jliehr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Enter your work email and information here to see if you qualify


http://www.samsung.com/us/shop/workplacediscount
aaronwt likes this.
jliehr is offline  
post #144 of 197 Old 11-18-2016, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mhdiab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jliehr View Post
Enter your work email and information here to see if you qualify


http://www.samsung.com/us/shop/workplacediscount




that works and some of the tv prices are great as well....... crap didn't plan on buying a Samsung TV but now that is back in discussion


Thanks!
aaronwt likes this.
mhdiab is offline  
post #145 of 197 Old 11-18-2016, 07:41 PM
 
Luisfc1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: los angeles, california
Posts: 1,233
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 29
is this the same player?

http://www.costco.com/.product.1118585.html

i want to jump on this. is it a true hdr player or does it just upconvert to 4k?

on the description it says this and it confuses me.
"True 4K UHD, HDR Compatible, UHD Upscaler"


im new to 4k i just bought a sony 4k tv

Last edited by Luisfc1972; 11-18-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Luisfc1972 is offline  
post #146 of 197 Old 11-18-2016, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,689
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
is this the same player?

http://www.costco.com/.product.1118585.html

i want to jump on this. is it a true hdr player or does it just upconvert to 4k?

on the description it says this and it confuses me.
"True 4K UHD, HDR Compatible, UHD Upscaler"


im new to 4k i just bought a sony 4k tv
Yes, same player, full UHD with HDR. Mine arrived from Costco today.

The UHD upscaler scales 1080 (and maybe even SD) disks to UHD. UHD disks are played natively.
DougDingle is online now  
post #147 of 197 Old 11-18-2016, 08:41 PM
 
Luisfc1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: los angeles, california
Posts: 1,233
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDingle View Post
Yes, same player, full UHD with HDR. Mine arrived from Costco today.

The UHD upscaler scales 1080 (and maybe even SD) disks to UHD. UHD disks are played natively.
about to make my purchase online but one more question

so it plays 4k bluray disks to full potential or just upconverts 4k bluray movies to 4k?
Luisfc1972 is offline  
post #148 of 197 Old 11-18-2016, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DougDingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,689
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
about to make my purchase online but one more question

so it plays 4k bluray disks to full potential or just upconverts 4k bluray movies to 4k?
Full potential. There would be no point in 'upconverting' 4K to 4K.

If you put in a UHD/4K disk, it will output UHD/4K to your new set. If you put in an HD BluRay disk, it will upconvert it to UHD/4K.

Be sure you have good quality HDMI cables to connect things together. UHD/4K is a lot more picky than HD is. The player comes with a high speed HDMI cable which should do to connect the player.
DougDingle is online now  
post #149 of 197 Old 11-19-2016, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DrewB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,010
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Sams club has it for $190...today only. Non-members pay an extra $18.
DrewB is offline  
post #150 of 197 Old 11-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewB View Post
Sams club has it for $190...today only. Non-members pay an extra $18.
Price matched at BB plus a $10 gift card.
MrEdCeD likes this.
DTM52 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Player Great Found Deals!

Tags
K-8500

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off