A tear is literally falling down my face as I write this ad. An unfortunate financial turn has forced me to sell my 5 month old custom designed speakers from Rick. I spared no expense on this build as I had one goal in mind - build the best possible sounding/looking speaker I possibly could!!! Rick has delivered as most of you know he always does!
Here are the details:
- I wanted it to be a 3-Way design using a Sealed Cabinet for the best possible sound quality, they don't produce a lot of bass b/c I had them designed to be played with a sub. I wanted a midrange centric speaker because that's where 85% of the music is (or something silly like that). I have them xover at 150hz and wow!
- I wanted the cab to be curved with a high gloss finish similar to the Sonus Faber deep red piano and the pics don't do them justice - they are exactly like them.
- I wanted the speakers to flat out Rock and if you pair them with a good sub I would put them up against any of the big names costing many times their price.
- Here is the original build thread -
- I have $3300 of just the drivers alone, all Scanspeak including the famous (probably the best out there) Beryllium tweeters. I have heard just about every tweeter out there and BE are pretty much the best IMO, the detail of diamonds but with just a little bit of sweetness added!
- I had Rick use top-of-the-line xover parts and he could probably give you more details on those
- I even had Rick build inserts into the bottoms so they can be bolted to the stands - again, I spared no expense
- I would say the tonality of these are detail, detail, detail! They are a very warm detail sounding speaker due to the driver choice!
I paid $9000 for all three and selling them for $6000/shipped in US for all three, not a mark on them!
Mains - $3500
Center - $2500
I would prefer to sell all three b/c the center channel is voice matched to the mains and not to mention the beauty of it. If you just want the mains we could maybe make a deal but these are world class speakers and I am not going to give them away! In discussion with my wife of maybe selling one our son's instead! Not really!
Not sure why the pics are sideways and can't figure out how to change them but if you want more just send me a pm and I can email them to you!