Marantz AV8801 Brand new in sealed box - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By finguerres
  • 1 Post By jcasemusic
  • 1 Post By madhuski
  • 1 Post By smurraybhm
  • 1 Post By finguerres

post #1 of 12 Old 02-16-2016, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Marantz AV8801 Brand new in sealed box

Brand new in box. You know the unit: previous generation flagship, retailed for $3600. Purchased for an HT that never materialized. Will include original receipt for ownership / peace of mind purposes. Local pickup fine. PayPal users add 4%.

$1600.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-18-2016, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

No. The unit is fairly priced. That offer is not in the realm of possibility.
schmidty721 likes this.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-18-2016, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesto719 View Post
I was just throwing a number out there because I see them going on eBay for 1000 or less . The new units have made the older units value drop badly
Agreed!
m1976ali likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-18-2016, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

I have been monitoring the ebay sales. That statement is not remotely true. There is one other sealed box AV8801 on ebay at this moment and the asking price is $2000. And another guy (with zero feedback) claiming brand new yet it's pictured out of the box. His asking price is $1900. Please don't clutter my thread with fabrications.

Last edited by finguerres; 02-18-2016 at 08:16 PM.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-19-2016, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1289 Post(s)
Liked: 823
the guy has the right to set any price he wants; the market will dictate wether he's on point. If you want to negotiate, send him a PM. Don't clutter up his thread....
bakerwi likes this.

Selling in AVS Classifieds
Revel Studio2 Pair - gloss black
post #6 of 12 Old 02-19-2016, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a reminder for everyone that there is typically a difference between asking price on eBay which literally can be anything, and the actual sales history. When doing eBay price research, the best option is to check the "Sold Listings". This way you avoid only seeing asking prices, or completed listing that never sold. For rare products this is less useful, but typically this approach provides the most realistic market price.

Something else to typically consider is that eBay also typically warrants a higher sales price than other methods of sales due to the customer base you reach and the fees involved. It's much more likely to sell something $100 higher when you have millions of potential customers and buyer protection, compared to thousands of customers with little buyer protection.

Awesome unit though and good luck with the sale!

Go Broncos!
post #7 of 12 Old 02-19-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2296 Post(s)
Liked: 3136
@nesto719 @jcasemusic
Please read the classified rules - sticky thread - note the very first sentence:

"Under no circumstances is anyone to reply to a post suggesting that the item can be found cheaper elsewhere. That is the responsibility of the purchaser to look for the best deal - not for forum members to point out. Members are trying to sell their items in a safe environment without fear of others trying to undercut their sales."

I would encourage you to delete your post and/or reference to said post before someone reports you to the mods. Very tacky and not how one should conduct themselves in the classifieds IMO. As suggested by madhuski discussion regarding price or your willingness to pay it or not should occur via PM. Some day you may be the one trying to sell something, would you want to see the same type of posts? Good luck to the seller, for a new in-the-box unit that is highly regarded someone will be very happy.
bakerwi likes this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #8 of 12 Old 02-19-2016, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, smurray, for the thoughtful and apropos post--and also for the warm words. Appreciated.
post #9 of 12 Old 02-19-2016, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
@nesto719 @jcasemusic
Please read the classified rules - sticky thread - note the very first sentence:

"Under no circumstances is anyone to reply to a post suggesting that the item can be found cheaper elsewhere. That is the responsibility of the purchaser to look for the best deal - not for forum members to point out. Members are trying to sell their items in a safe environment without fear of others trying to undercut their sales."

I would encourage you to delete your post and/or reference to said post before someone reports you to the mods. Very tacky and not how one should conduct themselves in the classifieds IMO. As suggested by madhuski discussion regarding price or your willingness to pay it or not should occur via PM. Some day you may be the one trying to sell something, would you want to see the same type of posts? Good luck to the seller, for a new in-the-box unit that is highly regarded someone will be very happy.
I just said I agreed that all he was doing was throwing out a number and the guy acted like it was some massive insult. I don't care what he sells it for or what he's asking for it. I just didn't like the response is all. A simple no thanks would have been more appropriate is all.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-20-2016, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcasemusic View Post
I just said I agreed that all he was doing was throwing out a number and the guy acted like it was some massive insult. I don't care what he sells it for or what he's asking for it. I just didn't like the response is all. A simple no thanks would have been more appropriate is all.
Enough. I am entitled to defend myself but let's please return to the subject of this thread, the sale of the item.

Last edited by finguerres; 02-21-2016 at 12:19 AM.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-21-2016, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1846 Post(s)
Liked: 1231
Location?

------------------------------------------------
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : L/R - Statements by Jim Holtz
Surround Speakers : Klipsch RF-82II x 4 / RP-280F x 2
Subwooferage : 6 UM18/4 HT18 Subwoofer Log