Reaction Audio Echo 18 ported subwoofer. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes

post #1 of 43 Old 03-25-2016, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2676 Post(s)
Liked: 2485
delete

delete

Last edited by MIX_MASTER_ICE; 04-10-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 03-25-2016, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Can't you return it? Are you past the 45 day trial period?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sean Spamilton likes this.
post #3 of 43 Old 03-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsand View Post
Can't you return it? Are you past the 45 day trial period?

I think the Echo 18 ships freight so it may not be free return shipping. I can't imagine with the amp issue and finish issues that something couldn't be worked out for a return tho.

Mix, does the sub not do it for you performance wise? I can't imagine once the amp issue is solved that you could get more output for 1000. Seems odd to wait for it and then give up on it after a week?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 10080
Not everything is always about output...for 1000.00 that thing looks terrible. Looks like somebody's first attempt at a DIY project, which if that was the case is pretty good but not from a business.
ahblaza and Mike Butny like this.
post #5 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I have to agree with Doc. I bet something could be worked out being it had amp problems and finish issues. Probably get a full refund. Why sell it and lose money without attempting to return first.

It seems like every sub you get you turn right around and sell. Kinda odd. If you are that hard to satisfy I think it's time to either give up this hobby or go strait to the top with a jtr, funk, DSS, type sub. Time to start saving that money
post #6 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Liked: 3699
You say the finish isn't perfect and that's just how they are made with the process used, I'm sorry my friend that would be totally unacceptable. I'm wondering if this is because of the back log with the cabinet maker trying to get caught up with the bottleneck of orders. It seems the entire cab needs refinished and that's just the part that can be seen, what about the guts. I've sold several subs and finish was a strong selling point, removing the driver and taking pics of the inside, then sharing my impressions with the sound

You say it sounds good, folks are going to need more impressions than sounds good to consider purchasing this item. What do you mean by dirt all inside the slot port, are you saying that they sprayed over the dirt and it's embedded in the port?

I'm not trying to be harsh but your descriptions of this sub aren't conducive to making a sell. I don't know what you paid for the E18 but it looks like you're willing to take a $400 hit for a week old sub. Wouldn't it be less expensive to ship the sub back and get a refund or would that be too problematic? When is the replacement amp expected, are you planning to sell prior to getting the new amp and then have RA ship the amp to new owner?

MMI, I would try and work something out with RA, it has to more beneficial to you than taking such a huge hit for a brand new sub IF anybody is willing to spend a $1000 on a blemished cab with defective amp. I don't think that's a very nice thing to say about you: "That you turn around and sell every new sub you get".......who could blame you in this situation, good luck my friend with whatever the outcome may be, I do have to say that I agree with basshead with the first time DIY'er project. Hopefully after seeing this, RA will make this right.....
post #7 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 642
That's horrible, I don't care what excuses they come up with.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
post #8 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Price is $1000. Local pick up only. Webb City MO. 64870

Just got this a week ago. Currently waiting on a replacement amp for the original amp that has an auto on/off malfunction. Finish on this isn't perfect, but I guess this is just how they come with their process. I've tried to take some pics to show the imperfections around the driver (splotches of lighter discoloration) and rough parts around the slot port. There's also a lot of dust and dirt all inside the slot port. Sub works fine and sounds good other than the standby mode issue, which should be remedied with the replacement amp. This has a 5 year warranty from Reaction Audio.

Mix, your sub is under warranty and ALSO a 45 day trial and as such is eligible for a complete return and full and complete refund or full replacement at no charge.
I have your replacement amp on the way here from Speakerpower.

As for the pics, the sub looks a little dirty/dusty, but then again whenever you take a bright flash pic of a black subwoofer, it's going to do that. As for the imperfections, if there are a couple of marks and or/blemishes that were present upon arrival then it should be sent back for a replacement. Absolutely no question.

When we spoke about the sub you mentioned the amp was doing some weird things but you expressed you really liked the sub.
If there were issues with the condition of the cabinet upon arrival, I wish that this was actually mentioned to me as soon as the sub arrived so we could have already been working on a solution for you.

We stand by our products, if something isn't right - we will make it right.
If you want to sell your sub then that is your prerogative, however I think it is a much simpler solution to contact the manufacturer. We will take care of you, just let me know what you need from us.

I agree that is not fair for you to take a loss on a sub that is a week old.
Please let me know this week what you would like us to do as we want to help and take care of you Mix.
I really hate that I had to find out about this by reading AVS.
I am here for you man.

Thank you.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

post #9 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

That's exactly what I thought Jeremy would say based on every conversation I have had with him. Mix had spoken with him previously so he has to have known Jeremy is very easy to talk to and work with.

I don't get the point of this for sale ad with the options Jeremy mentioned other than to show the product in a negative light.

It's your business what you do with your money and time but I just don't get why you want to buy so many subs a year to just resell them for a loss. I mean it's totally your prerogative, its just puzzling to some of us.
post #10 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docethic View Post
That's exactly what I thought Jeremy would say based on every conversation I have had with him. Mix had spoken with him previously so he has to have known Jeremy is very easy to talk to and work with.

I don't get the point of this for sale ad with the options Jeremy mentioned other than to show the product in a negative light.

It's your business what you do with your money and time.
^ Fixed it for you.
post #11 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Spamilton View Post
^ Fixed it for you.
It's a Discussion forum, right?
stsand likes this.
post #12 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Something here doesn’t pass the smell test. Somebody just deciding to sell a sub at a loss, without seeking satisfaction from the manufacturer, just doesn't make sense.
I'm just not convinced that RA would send a sub that looked like that. In addition, closeup photos can be a bit deceiving.
MMI, did you ever mention the appearance of the sub to RA?
I'm sorry man, but this just does not follow the process that most people would follow, therefore, its tough for me to support your position - not that you need my support or, for that matter, care what I think ☺️.

post #13 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
Mix, your sub is under warranty and ALSO a 45 day trial and as such is eligible for a complete return and full and complete refund or full replacement at no charge.
I have your replacement amp on the way here from Speakerpower.

As for the pics, the sub looks a little dirty/dusty, but then again whenever you take a bright flash pic of a black subwoofer, it's going to do that. As for the imperfections, if there are a couple of marks and or/blemishes that were present upon arrival then it should be sent back for a replacement. Absolutely no question.

When we spoke about the sub you mentioned the amp was doing some weird things but you expressed you really liked the sub.
If there were issues with the condition of the cabinet upon arrival, I wish that this was actually mentioned to me as soon as the sub arrived so we could have already been working on a solution for you.

We stand by our products, if something isn't right - we will make it right.
If you want to sell your sub then that is your prerogative, however I think it is a much simpler solution to contact the manufacturer. We will take care of you, just let me know what you need from us.

I agree that is not fair for you to take a loss on a sub that is a week old.
Please let me know this week what you would like us to do as we want to help and take care of you Mix.
I really hate that I had to find out about this by reading AVS.
I am here for you man.

Thank you.
Knowing the return process would be costly and a pain in the ass, I thought it better to just try and sell it outright to somebody. I really didn't want to bother you with this, as we've already been over the amp issue trying to remedy that. I know you have a lot on your plate right now.

Quote:
It's a Discussion forum, right?
No, this isn't a discussion forum. This is a classified ad. If you had a question pertaining to the purchase of this sub, ask it or PM me. Your comments on me as to how many subs I buy or sell are absolutely none of your business. I didn't post this ad for you to come on here and voice your personal opinion on anything. I'm not even familiar with who you are. Since you are so concerned with my personal business, I did post a pair of RBH and SVS subs on the classifieds a while back, with the plan that I wouldn't need them after getting the Echo 18.
kelly.mcaloney likes this.
post #14 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's your business what you do with your money and time but I just don't get why you want to buy so many subs a year to just resell them for a loss. I mean it's totally your prerogative, its just puzzling to some of us.
Don't post any more of this crap.
ahblaza likes this.
post #15 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 1183
Quote:
Knowing the return process would be costly and a pain in the ass, I thought it better to just try and sell it outright to somebody. I really didn't want to bother you with this, as we've already been over the amp issue trying to remedy that. I know you have a lot on your plate right now.

Thank you Mix.
Just making sure you knew that no matter how busy week are we are here for you to take care of you.

Thanks so much man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

post #16 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2357 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Hell, I appreciate when a long time AVS'er lists their equipment here for sale. I know they took care of it and researched the specs up and down before pulling the trigger. That would give me piece of mind. Least he's trying to give AVS members first shot at owning great subs at a fair price. He doesn't have to do any of that I'm sure (Craigslist and EBay still exist last time I checked.) Just my opin .
post #17 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 07:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3798 Post(s)
Liked: 2168
I think its rude to voice speculation on classified ads... this section should be moderated more heavily imo. price is listed, pics are posted, it is what it is...
mcallister likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300 LG oled c9 77
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS, Audioengine A2+
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP, Velodyne HGS 12, Velodyne VA1512
post #18 of 43 Old 03-26-2016, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
I think its rude to voice speculation on classified ads... this section should be moderated more heavily imo. price is listed, pics are posted, it is what it is...

The OP, in his original post, was the first to speculate by saying "Finish on this isn't perfect, but I guess this is just how they come with their process."

Not only is ^^that speculation one which could harm the reputation of the manufacturer's product, but taken together with an overall odd story about why he decided to sell it, what did you expect?

The questions being asked of the OP by other members aren't unreasonable, and look to be presented in good faith as trying to help him.
salehdidit likes this.

HT: KEF Reference 1 - Anthem AVM60 & MCA525 - Martin Logan Focus - DefTech XTR-20BP - Dual SVS SB16 Ultra
Office 2CH: KEF LS50 - Crown - Bluesound
Stage: Allen & Heath Dlive s5000 - Westone AMPRO 30 - AKG mics - Crown Amps
WAF is currently at DEFCON ORANGE
post #19 of 43 Old 03-27-2016, 02:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 372
I think some of you really should ease up on RA. They do whatever they can to make their customers happy, and they make a kickass value product to boot.

I personally think people worry too much about minor imperfections when they buy something. We are way too obsessed as a society with everything being absolutely perfect. But maybe that's just me. :P
Docethic likes this.
post #20 of 43 Old 03-27-2016, 02:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2357 Post(s)
Liked: 2651
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrummingdude View Post
The OP, in his original post, was the first to speculate by saying "Finish on this isn't perfect, but I guess this is just how they come with their process."

Not only is ^^that speculation one which could harm the reputation of the manufacturer's product, but taken together with an overall odd story about why he decided to sell it, what did you expect?

The questions being asked of the OP by other members aren't unreasonable, and look to be presented in good faith as trying to help him.
To me the only thing that's "harming the reputation" of this company is them letting their product leave their facilities looking like that in the first place but by all means let's blame the customer instead who only just spent his hard earned money on their product. As for the questions there were some but a few were more "questioning" than questions and I think that is what this poster was responding to as out of line here and I agree.
basshead81 and ahblaza like this.
post #21 of 43 Old 03-27-2016, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Call me crazy, but when I buy something brand new I expect it to look and function as such. Particularly expensive items. I got the Echo18 at a sale price and was willing to take a little hit if somebody wanted to pick it up at an even better price with no 2 month wait. Save me some hassle and saves Jeremy a lot of hassle. I could have easily contacted Jeremy instead, but I figured somebody would be interested at this at the price and the problem would be solved. I showed the flaws so people interested in possibly purchasing it in this classified ad would know up front. I listed a PC12-NSD a while back, which is still listed on here, and also showed a pic of the crease in the fabric. Again, to show those people possibly interested in purchasing it what they were dealing with.

I'm really not understanding why some people think they can come on a classified ad and start speculating, questioning or suggesting what I should or shouldn't do. I didn't ask for any of that. If that were the case I would have posted on the RA thread. I listed the sub, showed some pics of concern, then await responses from those with interest in purchasing the sub. That's how the classified work. That's it. That's all.

Now if anybody has interest in the sub for sale, feel free to contact me by PM or in this ad.
djreef, Madmax67 and ahblaza like this.
post #22 of 43 Old 03-27-2016, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2332 Post(s)
Liked: 3205
Mix - Given the imperfections and a corresponding $400 discount it is a hell of a deal for someone looking to buy a new sub. Anyone who follows the RA thread knows that delivery times can be long unless you puchase b-stock, that is a rarity, so this is also a great way to get one right away. Good luck on the sale and I look forward to reading what you end up with for your next sub.
ahblaza likes this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 77" C9, 65” B7a and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Outlaw monoblocks, PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #23 of 43 Old 03-27-2016, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 282
I don't understand what is happening here, crazy? GLWS
post #24 of 43 Old 04-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Great price on this, can't believe no takers yet. Any luck swapping out the amp?
post #25 of 43 Old 04-06-2016, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 3
It's a bummer what's going on with the sub, but at that price your going to make someone who's smart enough to see an amazing bargain on a new E18 one happy customer.
post #26 of 43 Old 04-07-2016, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great price on this, can't believe no takers yet. Any luck swapping out the amp?
Still haven't received the new amp. Hopefully soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearningAEH View Post
It's a bummer what's going on with the sub, but at that price your going to make someone who's smart enough to see an amazing bargain on a new E18 one happy customer.
Not one person has expressed any interest in it.
post #27 of 43 Old 04-07-2016, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Still haven't received the new amp. Hopefully soon.

Not one person has expressed any interest in it.
May have to do with the local pick-up only, just wondering how many avs folks are around your area and would like one.

GLWS though, if you were in the socal area i'd get it
post #28 of 43 Old 04-07-2016, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlnoiku View Post
May have to do with the local pick-up only, just wondering how many avs folks are around your area and would like one.

GLWS though, if you were in the socal area i'd get it
Yeah, local pick up only will limit possibilities. This thing is way too big to ship (freight ship) and I have no box or packaging for it.
post #29 of 43 Old 04-07-2016, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Somebody just needs to take a road trip to Branson for a little R&R and then swing by Webb City on the way home.
post #30 of 43 Old 04-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah, local pick up only will limit possibilities. This thing is way too big to ship (freight ship) and I have no box or packaging for it.
Have you been able to continue to use it as least in the meantime with just leaving the amp in the on position? I'm curious about your impressions of its sound quality compared to the PSA and SVS subs you've had.

Its too bad that ID subs are so hard to sell locally unless its SVS or HSU. At this price someone should def make a little roadtrip over to you!
hlnoiku likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Gear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page