FS Original PSA Triax Sub $1375 - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 43Likes

post #31 of 42 Old 05-17-2016, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3330 Post(s)
Liked: 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Just PM me if I can help.

John 13:34

Chris
Awesome scripture reference Chris. Words the world needs to hear.
Plasma Bill likes this.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 05-17-2016, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I heard back from Tom V. As many surmised, it will be a bit costly - $200. They will need to ship the empty carton the same as if it contained the Triax sub.

I agree with the poster regarding Chris - a truly wonderful person. Everyone has been very supportive and I appreciate all the helpful replies and suggestions.

Thanks to all. Hopefully I will have good news to report at some point.
post #33 of 42 Old 05-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 43
GLWS (great price) but more importantly keep the Faith and cherish/spend more time together with family!

Bump for ya!

Regards,
Kishore
Plasma Bill likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 Old 05-17-2016, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thank You!
post #35 of 42 Old 05-18-2016, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2449 Post(s)
Liked: 3387
Bill I hope that when I come back to this thread tomorrow some of the stress of what you're going through will have been alleviated, my heart goes out to you my friend. It's truly evident that there are angels among us, Chris your offer really touched my heart and reminds all of us why we Love, God Bless you and yours. Bill, thank you for the reality check, I haven't been on the forums for quite a while and out of nowhere I'm lead to this place. There is certainly a lesson and a message to be learned here today.........

With Best Regards, Jeffrey
Plasma Bill and Hopinater like this.
post #36 of 42 Old 05-19-2016, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thank You so much Jeffrey, for your kind words. This Forum is filled with wonderful people like you and makes coming here such a pleasure. Besides all the incredible advice and technical knowledge shared by so many in this hobby we all love, we will find that the simple things like humanity really comes forth in times of need. This has never been lost on me. I have seen it time after time.

Chris is a wonderful person and he has purchased the sub. He has been a very helpful soul and I cannot thank him enough.

Bill
ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
post #37 of 42 Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2291 Post(s)
Liked: 3127
All the best Bill. Chris is a special person. Hope we see some more posts from you once things settle down/get better. Steve
Plasma Bill likes this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #38 of 42 Old 05-19-2016, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thank You, Steve - very much appreciated. Yes - no doubt about Chris. Truly a very special person. I will be in a much better place down the road a bit and I will certainly be posting more often - especially when I begin to re-assemble my home theatre - which seems so trivial in the scheme of things compared to the hardships life can and will bring us all.

What I have found, at least to me, is that watching movies on a 100"+ screen can bring a family together like few hobbies can. I will never forget my late Mother's response the first time she watched a movie on the big screen in my home. It as was as though she had been transported to another world - she was in complete awe - and she actually had tears in her eyes. I put on 2001 Space Odyssey - her favorite movie - and she just sat there -transfixed to the screen, amazed at the sound coming from every direction. I had more enjoyment watching her so excited to experience this - than I did - as is usually the case.

Thank you for reaching out with your thoughtful words.
Bill
ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
post #39 of 42 Old 05-19-2016, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3330 Post(s)
Liked: 10009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma Bill View Post
Thank You, Steve - very much appreciated. Yes - no doubt about Chris. Truly a very special person. I will be in a much better place down the road a bit and I will certainly be posting more often - especially when I begin to re-assemble my home theatre - which seems so trivial in the scheme of things compared to the hardships life can and will bring us all.

What I have found, at least to me, is that watching movies on a 100"+ screen can bring a family together like few hobbies can. I will never forget my late Mother's response the first time she watched a movie on the big screen in my home. It as was as though she had been transported to another world - she was in complete awe - and she actually had tears in her eyes. I put on 2001 Space Odyssey - her favorite movie - and she just sat there -transfixed to the screen, amazed at the sound coming from every direction. I had more enjoyment watching her so excited to experience this - than I did - as is usually the case.

Thank you for reaching out with your thoughtful words.
Bill
Bill your words are very true. I have found that this hobby can bring together a family. In my home we have a family night once a week where we try to set aside the stresses of life and the hectic schedules and just spend time together. We implemented this years ago when the kids were young because we wanted to make sure that as they grew older and their lives grew more and more busy they we would always have at least one night that could be an anchor for them. And as parents we make sure our kids know they have our attention and we are interested in what's going on in their world. Anyway… we do many different activities on family night but one of the kids favorites is watching movies in the HT.

This is a hard time for you and my prayers are with you. But hang in there and take heart... as you said once this storm passes things will get better. But for now know that many of us are praying for you and your family.

Subwoofers: PSA TV36 iPal X2 ...Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210C Center- PSA MT110SR's Surrounds - RSL C34E Atmos... Motion Actuators: Crowson Shadow 8 - X2
Video: Samsung UN65KS9000 4K SUHD - Oppo UDP-203... AVR:Denon X4400... Gaming: XBOX ONE S

Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences
post #40 of 42 Old 05-19-2016, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Thank You, Hopinator! You have been here supporting me throughout and it is greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing your family experiences. Wonderful times for sure. I know movie night has made my wife forget (if only temporarily LOL) how expensive this hobby can be...and addictive.
Hopinater likes this.
post #41 of 42 Old 05-22-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2449 Post(s)
Liked: 3387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma Bill View Post
Thank You so much Jeffrey, for your kind words. This Forum is filled with wonderful people like you and makes coming here such a pleasure. Besides all the incredible advice and technical knowledge shared by so many in this hobby we all love, we will find that the simple things like humanity really comes forth in times of need. This has never been lost on me. I have seen it time after time.

Chris is a wonderful person and he has purchased the sub. He has been a very helpful soul and I cannot thank him enough.

Bill
You're so welcome my friend, I had a strong feeling Chris would do that, I think the Triax will work well with his dual DSS Marrianna's 24"ers........I don't know him personally but had many PM conversations with Chris, it was real easy to know what kind of person he is just from conversing with printed words. He extended his hospitality to me and invited my spouse and myself to come spend some time with his family.

Bill my prayers and heart go out to you and your Family, I feel you're a man of faith and can draw the strength and courage from that to deal with whatever happens. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I'm sure you're well aware of putting your priorities in perspective and dealing with what matters most. God Bless you and your Family and please keep me (us) updated as you progress through this troubling time, you're not alone my friend.

Sincerely, Jeffrey
Plasma Bill and Hopinater like this.
post #42 of 42 Old 05-22-2016, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much, Jeffrey. You are truly a class act yourself and it is impossible to convey in words how helpful and appreciated your wonderful words of support have meant - same for our other fantastic forum members.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Gear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page