• 1 Post By LondonBenji

post #1 of 6 Old 01-02-2019, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 3565
WTB: Stereo Integrity DS4-18

I'm running 4 of them now in sealed cabs and need another (or maybe even two more). I run 2 Fairfield and 2 right behind my 2 seats in a small room. I'm getting ready to get a 3rd seat to make one row of 3. I'd like to put another DS4-18 behind this 3rd seat as well to keep all the drivers the same. If not, I guess I'll go with a UM-18.

Thanks!

My "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
1400cuft sealed room on suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo UDP 203 | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Drop Screen | Epson 5030 PJ | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL-12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-03-2019, 09:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked: 2274
Bear is selling a HST-18 which is better, why not get that?
SBuger likes this.

Audio Design Associates/Outlaw
Speakerpower SP1-4000
subs-Re audio XXX 18 IB(LT).
DIY speakers-mktheater-S10/S12s
post #3 of 6 Old 01-03-2019, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Where are you located? If don't necessarily want to sell mine but if you're nearby and want to pick up it for the right price, I would probably let it go....

I have four HT18v1's that I am not using and I probably should.
SBuger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-04-2019, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 67
i have four i could sell, but shipping is always the killer on these things. if it were not for shipping i would have sold mine 5 times over. It is NOT cheap to ship these things..
SBuger likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-04-2019, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 3565
Thanks for the reply's guys!

@MKtheater - Yeah more power for sure and excursion probably for ULF with the HST-18, but man I'm really loving my DS4-18's and they are no slouch. Also there is the whole possibility of difference in sound signature and other characteristics like is currently being discussed in imureh's 'Subwoofer Comparisons and Impressions' thread between drivers. I've experienced this myself first hand between the JTR 2400 sub I used to have and the ported Rythmik FV15HP that I still currently have in my downstairs setup. All they've said about the subjective impressions between the two are true and I've experienced this for myself. The DS4-18's I find fall somewhere in the middle of the two and I really like that. Actually they sound a lot closer to the Rythmik for very articulate detailed bass sound, but a little thicker as well more like the JTR driver with great TR. I've never heard the HST-18 but would probably blend in pretty well even if it sounds a bit different (it may not sound much different at all though IDK) and would be an awesome performer no doubt though I'm sure. hmmm will just have to think about. Not in a huge rush, but will probably do something fairly soon. Thanks for the heads up MK!

Or there is the 24" inch for sale on here as well that I think I saw the other night. I've been thinking about putting a 24" behind me for a while now ever since coolrda did his back in our VS days in the VibSensor thread. But will be real tight in my small room with the bigger cab needed and would make it supper difficult to get to my amps, PJ and PC closet/small room right close behind where my seat has to go, but could still probably get it done. I have to get into this area regularly. I'm sure would be a difference in sound sig as well though too, like coolrda mentioned when he did his as well. But then again, maybe for the better and oh man ....the TR and impact that would come from that thing being parked right behind me The DS4-18 positioned like this really brings it though

shipping cost on that that thing might be kind of scary.

....decisions, decisions

@LondonBenji - I'm in Albuquerque, NM (zip 87113). You say SI HT18 v 1's that you probably should be using. I'm looking for the SI DS4-18. Is that what you meant that you may possibly sell me?

@ipca204 - thanks I'll PM you. Yeah shipping on these drivers is gonna suck!

My "Blacked Out" Home Theater Room
1400cuft sealed room on suspended floor | SY Triple Black Velvet for Blackout | Denon AVR-X6300H - 7.6.4 Atmos | KEF Q Series Speakers | GIK Treatments | Oppo UDP 203 | Eyes 7' to 120" AT Seymour Drop Screen | Epson 5030 PJ | 6x 18" Sealed DIY Subs (4x SI DS4-18s & 2x UM22-18s) | 6x Crowson MAs | BOSS 'Sub Riser' 6x JBL-12s | MiniDSP 10x10HD
post #6 of 6 Old 01-04-2019, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBuger View Post
Thanks for the reply's guys!

@LondonBenji - I'm in Albuquerque, NM (zip 87113). You say SI HT18 v 1's that you probably should be using. I'm looking for the SI DS4-18. Is that what you meant that you may possibly sell me?
You're a good 11 hour drive from me. I will sell the DS4-18 as I only have one of them, my point was that I would just start using my SI HT18v1's. I'm just using the DS4 right now and it's great, I just have slight OCD and would prefer a matching pair, so would switch to the HT18's.
SBuger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Gear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page