Fraud Alert - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 65Likes

post #61 of 81 Old 09-23-2019, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I was also contacted by this fraud. Same name Robbie Wright, he has a lead on a Pioneer Elite sc-09tx. Gave me a South Carolina number. He wanted me to transfer $1475 by bitcoin. I realized that he had recently joined AVS and this sent the alarm bells. This guy is a real tool. Beware!
Soulburner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 81 Old 09-24-2019, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I was contact by a member of this forum.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/membe...-bety4328.html

1) If anyone ever says they have a lead for you, first red flag. Could still be legit...but be wary.

2) This is a little stereo typing, but if they are not an english speaker...heavy accent, bad grammar, etc. Red flag. Still...could be legit, but be wary.

3) If they won't meet in person or use paypal...BIG red flag. Get out...

4) Don't be afraid to do a little detective work. I.E. The guy who tried scamming me said he had a business and in his signature was the business address. I googled the address and it was just a random house in some sub division. Another red flag.

5) Lastly, this is obvious but if the deal sounds too good to be true...it probably is. They want you to feel like you have to make this sale ASAP before it goes away, so you don't look too deep.
post #63 of 81 Old 09-24-2019, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Fraud alert just right now. Guys user name is: genural

He posted in my for sale thread here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...topics/3089590

This is his PM to me:

Hi,
I am interested in the Ultra center.
Can you send me pictures?
Would it be possible for you to ship worldwide?
I live in Israel.
If not we will use a forwarding company which will send it from the US to Israel (You will ship it to a US address).
Thanks,
Daniel.

—————

Ok it’s me yodog, that above seems like fraud yes? Anyways please report this guy if you guys think the above is fraud.

Do it all or don't do it at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 81 Old 09-24-2019, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodog View Post

This is his PM to me:

Hi,
I live in Israel.
If not we will use a forwarding company which will send it from the US to Israel (You will ship it to a US address).
Thanks,
Daniel.

—————

Ok it’s me yodog, that above seems like fraud yes? Anyways please report this guy if you guys think the above is fraud.
WTF.......

That's insulting dude.

Great job deciding that I am scammer without even responding to my message and talking to me.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/convenientlifestore - Here is a link to my Ebay account.

https://www.head-fi.org/trader/ratin...user_id=415571 - Here is a link to my HeadFi trading history - I bought a pair of he 400i's and Audeze LCD X.

I can send you messages from both of those accounts for proof.

I attached a picture of my pc screen with the PM I sent you and the LCD X's I bought from Headfi and the svs prime center I want to upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190925_003801.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	2619604  
post #65 of 81 Old 09-24-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genural View Post
Quote:

This is his PM to me:

Hi,
I live in Israel.
Thanks,
Daniel.

—————

Ok it’️s me yodog, that above seems like fraud yes? Anyways please report this guy if you guys think the above is fraud.
WTF.......

That's insulting dude.

Great job deciding that I am scammer without even responding to my message and talking to me.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/convenientlifestore - Here is a link to my Ebay account.

https://www.head-fi.org/trader/ratin...user_id=415571 - Here is a link to my HeadFi trading history - I bought a pair of he 400i's and Audeze LCD X.

I can send you messages from both of those accounts for proof.

I attached a picture of my pc screen with the PM I sent you and the LCD X's I bought from Headfi and the svs prime center I want to upgrade.

Ok my bad, didn’t mean to offend. I just feel like it’s a red flag when someone mentions that they reside in another country but references the ship to location to be within the US. Makes me think twice.

I am genuinely sorry I offended you.

Anyways, assuming you don’t have a bad taste in your mouth still over this error on my part, I will respond to your pm and hope you can forgive me and respond back, thank you.

post #66 of 81 Old 09-24-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Ok my bad, didn’t mean to offend. I just feel like it’s a red flag when someone mentions that they reside in another country but references the ship to location to be within the US. Makes me think twice.

I am genuinely sorry I offended you.

Anyways, assuming you don’t have a bad taste in your mouth still over this error on my part, I will respond to your pm and hope you can forgive me and respond back, thank you.
Hi,

Yeah sorry for sounding so butthurt.

It's all good.

And I am still interested
post #67 of 81 Old 09-28-2019, 12:31 PM

Guys, does this message sound suspicious? This is after the guy posted here saying he is not fraud and is 100% legit. I just don’t know but it doesn’t seem normal. Am I just being too harsh? Please let me know, and hopefully I receive input from someone who isn’t the person themselves (genaural). Ok here is the second PM I was sent after the whole debacle here happened:

Hi,
I got the pictures.
It does look to be in very good condition.
Also, Is that an sb 3000 at the left corner?
Right now I don't have a way to use the isoacoustics Aperta 300 but how much are you asking for it?
I am ready to move on.
If you can just get a quote for the shipping to Israel.
Like I said, If the shipping cost is too high for me I will give you the US address of the forwarding company, And they will ship the package to me.
With their shipping calculator the price of shipping to Israel of a 35 pound package is 86$. So if the quote you get is too high I will use this company.
Thanks,
Daniel.

————————

Is that fishy above? Or am I just being unfair and out of place? Thanks.... don’t want to get scammed of my svs ultra or sb-3000....

post #68 of 81 Old 09-28-2019, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Everyone is so worried about being scammed these days, a lot of actual business never happens. One must remember that these supposed safe payment methods, are also the best payment methods for fraudsters to use, in ripping off sellers of many different types of products.

Use to be when ebay started, all payments were western union money orders. Then when paypal came along......... they themselves were the biggest fraudster of all as a payment method provider, promising buyer protection that never existed. Result, many buyers ripped off, and a class action suit that resulted in a 25 dollar settlement for any buyer ripped off for hundreds of dollars.

Nothing beats sending someone there amplifier back not working, with the back plate with the serial number exchanged for a blown non fixable unit. I recall getting called a scammer many times myself.

Many Chinese sellers still rely on the honestly principle, and most of the time it works just fine. How many 5 to 30 dollar items do they ship every year to North America, with no tracking. All the buyer has to do is say they never got it, and the money is back.

Now if you want to end up getting sued over the issue, just post the info on someone in a public forum, and say this person is a scammer. with zero proof.

https://discuss.avscience.com/index.php?topic=459.60
A Good amplifier requires a adequate power supply, It does not matter what the amplifier is capable of if the power supply will not provide the power required. Most amplifiers have under rated power supplies. It is up to you to make sure you get the ones that are least under rated if at all.
post #69 of 81 Old 09-28-2019, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 548
When it comes to buying or selling any product, from audio gear to cars to houses, if your instincts tell you something does not seem legitimate, walk away. You don't need the continuing anxiety that begins once you get involved.
Lp85253 likes this.

Music room: Cary SLI-80 tube integrated amplifier, McIntosh MA6500 integrated amplifier, Quad 99 preamp, Quad 909 power amp, Acoustic Research AR9 loudspeakers, Yamaha CD-N500 CD player, Teac UD-503 DSD DAC, Phase Linear 8000II linear-tracking turntable.
Theater room: Panasonic 65S60 plasma television; Yamaha RX-A2020 (preamp section); Adcom GFA-5503 and GFA-5400 amplifiers; Polk LSi25, LSiC, and LSiF/X loudspeaker system; Velodyne FSR-18 servo-subwoofer.
post #70 of 81 Old 09-28-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Guys, does this message sound suspicious? This is after the guy posted here saying he is not fraud and is 100% legit. I just don’t know but it doesn’t seem normal. Am I just being too harsh? Please let me know, and hopefully I receive input from someone who isn’t the person themselves (genaural). Ok here is the second PM I was sent after the whole debacle here happened:

Hi,
I got the pictures.
Right now I don't have a way to use the isoacoustics Aperta 300 but how much are you asking for it?
I am ready to move on.
Like I said, If the shipping cost is too high for me I will give you the US address of the forwarding company, And they will ship the package to me.
With their shipping calculator the price of shipping to Israel of a 35 pound package is 86$. So if the quote you get is too high I will use this company.
Thanks,
Daniel.

————————

Is that fishy above? Or am I just being unfair and out of place? Thanks.... don’t want to get scammed of my svs ultra or sb-3000....

Hi,

It's me again.

I don't really know what I have to do to look legit in your eyes, I just want to upgrade my prime center to the ultra center and you are offering a very good price for it.

I get why you are scared but we are still using paypal which is safe - And you can take pictures that you actually sent the package.

regarding the sb 3000 - I just wanted to get your impressions with it since I am going to get one during black friday.

I think you are too paranoid - I never wanted to buy the sb 3000, I just noticed it in the picture and asked you about it.

You don't need to take everything I send you to the fraud alert thread, It's a bit irritating not hearing anything from you from a few days, Seeing that you are online and not responding to my PM's

and finding out that you are posting about me without even talking to me.

Like everyone else I myself hate ******** scammers and will never be one.

I am adding a few pictures of my room with my system (to show that I am actually serious and speaking the truth regarding my desire to upgrade my center speaker).

I bought the Epson 5040ub that's in one of the pictures on Ebay and I used the forwarding company that I want to use with you.

I can send you the invoice of the projector purchase and show you that the address I will give you for the ultra center is the same address I used for the projector.

Other than that I cannot really offer anything else, I posted here before my Ebay account and my HeadFi trade history and I can send you messages on both.

It is tiring that I have to defend myself without doing anything and not knowing what is the problem, But I can also see that you are legit as well since you are afraid of being scammed and are not eager to go on with the deal.

If we go through with this I promise you a pain & headache free transaction.

If not, Then I with you good luck with selling it.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Daniel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190929_005354.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	498.4 KB
ID:	2621122   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190929_002952.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	2621124  

Last edited by genural; 09-28-2019 at 04:01 PM.
post #71 of 81 Old 09-29-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2177 Post(s)
Liked: 1828
Quote:
Hi,

It's me again.

I don't really know what I have to do to look legit in your eyes, I just want to upgrade my prime center to the ultra center and you are offering a very good price for it.

I get why you are scared but we are still using paypal which is safe - And you can take pictures that you actually sent the package.

regarding the sb 3000 - I just wanted to get your impressions with it since I am going to get one during black friday.

I think you are too paranoid - I never wanted to buy the sb 3000, I just noticed it in the picture and asked you about it.

You don't need to take everything I send you to the fraud alert thread, It's a bit irritating not hearing anything from you from a few days, Seeing that you are online and not responding to my PM's

and finding out that you are posting about me without even talking to me.

Like everyone else I myself hate ******** scammers and will never be one.

I am adding a few pictures of my room with my system (to show that I am actually serious and speaking the truth regarding my desire to upgrade my center speaker).

I bought the Epson 5040ub that's in one of the pictures on Ebay and I used the forwarding company that I want to use with you.

I can send you the invoice of the projector purchase and show you that the address I will give you for the ultra center is the same address I used for the projector.

Other than that I cannot really offer anything else, I posted here before my Ebay account and my HeadFi trade history and I can send you messages on both.

It is tiring that I have to defend myself without doing anything and not knowing what is the problem, But I can also see that you are legit as well since you are afraid of being scammed and are not eager to go on with the deal.

If we go through with this I promise you a pain & headache free transaction.

If not, Then I with you good luck with selling it.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Daniel.
i will say , you seem "legit", whatever that entails..here is my counter, for some of us it's unwise to deal with "random dude" on the internet , period.. why? because you have no return policy, because there is no buyer protection ,despite all the paypal "protection" it's still a pia to get money back after it's gone.. don't take this personally, it isn't about *you*, it just comes down to *good idea * vs *bad idea*.. and some people realize buying from anything short of a proven source online *is a bad idea* .. those that chance it often go through the angst that is evident in this thread..just thoughts from a guy that tries not to be the guy PT Barnum was citing when he said "there's a sucker born every minute"... he was right and lot's of them give their money away on the internet...

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
post #72 of 81 Old 09-29-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lp85253 View Post
i will say , you seem "legit", whatever that entails..here is my counter, for some of us it's unwise to deal with "random dude" on the internet , period.. why? because you have no return policy, because there is no buyer protection ,despite all the paypal "protection" it's still a pia to get money back after it's gone.. don't take this personally, it isn't about *you*, it just comes down to *good idea * vs *bad idea*.. and some people realize buying from anything short of a proven source online *is a bad idea* .. those that chance it often go through the angst that is evident in this thread..just thoughts from a guy that tries not to be the guy PT Barnum was citing when he said "there's a sucker born every minute"... he was right and lot's of them give their money away on the internet...
Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I am now going to show my entire point of view about this - So that I won't have to explain anything again.

This is going to be really long and a bit messy since I am just writing everything that I have in my head.

For you Yodog - I am a bit irritated but it's not that bad - I don't mean to offend you in any way and just writing what I think & feel.

Don't take it the wrong way - I don't want to offend you and if possible I would still like to go on with the deal for the sake of both of us.

No hard feelings man.

In this case I am the buyer and he is the seller.

Yodog seems legit because he is so afraid of getting scammed.

I just find this entire ordeal tiresome - I completely get the fear and hesitation but this is being too paranoid.

I will explain everything from my side.

So in 2019 I got into a new job and am finally making a "decent" salary which means I can finally afford a more high end system.

I had already upgraded my speakers and my projector to the ultra bookshelfs and the epson 5040ub. I also want to get the ultra center channel and a dual sub setup (dual sb 3000 is my current plan).

The problem is that even with my new salary the speakers are considerably more expensive in Israel than in the US.

For example: The svs ultra bookshelfs cost 1462$ in Israel (compared to 1000$ in the US) and the svs ultra center (which I am looking to buy from yodog) costs 1034$ in Israel (compared to 699$ in the US).

So I browse the avs forums and I notice that yodog is offering the ultra center for a very good price - 430$ shipped in the US. I know that he might not be willing to ship worldwide so I go over to a forwarding company's website to use theiy shipping calculator and roughly calculate how much the ultra center would cost me including the shipping costs and import fees to Israel. After using their calculator I see that it should not cost more than 620$ including shipping and import fees to Israel - That's way cheaper than 1034$.

I went ahead and contacted yodog

I am a potential customer looking to buy the center speaker. So we talk a bit and I am just being honest and telling him that I live in Israel and that there are two ways he can ship it to me:

1. ship it directly to my address.
2. ship it to a US address (which is a US address to the forwarding company's warehouse - They will weigh the package and show me the shipping price and import fees to Israel - I will pay them and they will ship the pacakge).

There are two reasons why I asked if he can ship worldwide:

1. It is a lot faster - When the pacakge gets to the warehouse they need to check it and prepare it for shipping which can take an extra few days.

The second problem with that forwarding company is that they make extra $$$ off of their customers - They show the total price of the shipping price including any import fees in $ - Let's say for example that their price is 100$ us - if you convert it to ILS (Israeli new shekels) you will see that 100$ is around 348 ILS.

The forwarding company will show you that the price is 100$ and in ILS it is 380 (instead of the normal 348) - They will take a much higher rate - And there is no way to charge your credit card in $ - You can only pay their inflated currency rate.

So I honestly prefer that he ships it directly to me so that I can save a few $ and not pay their inflated rate. But of course that if he is not able to ship worldwide we will just use the forwarding company.

So that's the PM I sent him:

Hi,

I live in Israel.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Now I get it - it can sound a little bit shady, So in that case he can just contact me and explain that he is weary and can talk to me and investigate if I am really legit.

Instead of explaining himself he didn't respond to my PM and came here and posted my PM asking if I look legit.

This makes me look suspicious and shady and then I have to provide proof that I am indeed a serious customer without any reason - He didn't state what was wrong with my message - He just said that
"it doesn't feel right".

So after I posted my own proof without anyone asking me to he said he might be willing to go through with this.

So he responded to my PM:

I can send pictures if you can provide me an email address I can send them to. I am willing to ship as long as it’s a fair deal for me. The speaker is in perfect condition and works perfectly and is only a few months old and never driven to extremely loud volumes as I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and have neighbors that are really close by.

I replied, Gave him my email address so he can send pictures of the speaker and told him that it would be faster it he ships it directly to me and that the shipping price to Israel of the forwarding company shouldn't be higher than 100$ - So I told him to check and see how much it would cost him to ship it to Israel himself and see which solution is cheaper. I also asked what is the reason he is selling the speaker.

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Here is my email address: ************

I checked prices with the forwarding company.

The shipping from them to Israel shouldn't be more than 100$.

If your price will be around the same price I will prefer that you ship it straight over to me since it will be faster and of course I will be paying the shipping.

What is your reason for selling it?

I want to upgrade from the prime center and get a full ultra front stage haha.

Thanks,

Daniel.

He replied:

Hey,

Yeah if you’ll pay for shipping then I am cool with selling it to you.

Selling it because I upgrade my left and right speakers and the new speakers don’t mix well with the svs ultra like the old speakers. So I decided to focus on two channel audio and so the ultra center is not of use for me anymore.

Just thought I’d mention, I also have a 2 month old, isoacoustics Aperta 300 isolation stand that’s meant for center channels and it pairs perfectly with this thing. They sell for $160 new.

Do you have an email address I can send pictures to?

I don't know why he didn't get my email address from the previous message but I sent him my email again and he sent a few pictures of the speaker.

I got the pictures and replied:

Hi,

I got the pictures.

I am ready to move on.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I just find this entire ordeal tiresome - I completely get the fear and hesitation but this is being too paranoid.

So in 2019 I got into a new job and am finally making a "decent" salary which means I can finally afford a more high end system.

I had already upgraded my speakers and my projector to the ultra bookshelfs and the epson 5040ub. I also want to get the ultra center channel and a dual sub setup (dual sb 3000 is my current plan).

The problem is that even with my new salary the speakers are considerably more expensive in Israel than in the US.

For example: The svs ultra bookshelfs cost 1462$ in Israel (compared to 1000$ in the US) and the svs ultra center (which I am looking to buy from yodog) costs 1034$ in Israel (compared to 699$ in the US).

So I browse the avs forums and I notice that yodog is offering the ultra center for a very good price - 430$ shipped in the US. I know that he might not be willing to ship worldwide so I go over to a forwarding company's website to use theiy shipping calculator and roughly calculate how much the ultra center would cost me including the shipping costs and import fees to Israel. After using their calculator I see that it should not cost more than 620$ including shipping and import fees to Israel - That's way cheaper than 1034$.

I am a potential customer looking to buy the center speaker. So we talk a bit and I am just being honest and telling him that I live in Israel and that there are two ways he can ship it to me:

2. ship it to a US address (which is a US address to the forwarding company's warehouse - They will weigh the package and show me the shipping price and import fees to Israel - I will pay them and they will ship the pacakge).

1. It is a lot faster - When the pacakge gets to the warehouse they need to check it and prepare it for shipping which can take an extra few days.

The second problem with that forwarding company is that they make extra $$$ off of their customers - They show the total price of the shipping price including any import fees in $ - Let's say for example that their price is 100$ us - if you convert it to ILS (Israeli new shekels) you will see that 100$ is around 348 ILS.

The forwarding company will show you that the price is 100$ and in ILS it is 380 (instead of the normal 348) - They will take a much higher rate - And there is no way to charge your credit card in $ - You can only pay their inflated currency rate.

So I honestly prefer that he ships it directly to me so that I can save a few $ and not pay their inflated rate. But of course that if he is not able to ship worldwide we will just use the forwarding company.

Hi,

I live in Israel.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Now I get it - it can sound a little bit shady, So in that case he can just contact me and explain that he is weary and can talk to me and investigate if I am really legit.

Instead of explaining himself he didn't respond to my PM and came here and posted my PM asking if I look legit.

This makes me look suspicious and shady and then I have to provide proof that I am indeed a serious customer without any reason - He didn't state what was wrong with my message - He just said that
"it doesn't feel right".

So after I posted my own proof without anyone asking me to he said he might be willing to go through with this.

I can send pictures if you can provide me an email address I can send them to. I am willing to ship as long as it’s a fair deal for me. The speaker is in perfect condition and works perfectly and is only a few months old and never driven to extremely loud volumes as I live in a 2 bedroom apartment and have neighbors that are really close by.

I replied, Gave him my email address so he can send pictures of the speaker and told him that it would be faster it he ships it directly to me and that the shipping price to Israel of the forwarding company shouldn't be higher than 100$ - So I told him to check and see how much it would cost him to ship it to Israel himself and see which solution is cheaper. I also asked what is the reason he is selling the speaker.

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

If your price will be around the same price I will prefer that you ship it straight over to me since it will be faster and of course I will be paying the shipping.

Thanks,

Daniel.

He replied:

Hey,

Selling it because I upgrade my left and right speakers and the new speakers don’t mix well with the svs ultra like the old speakers. So I decided to focus on two channel audio and so the ultra center is not of use for me anymore.

Just thought I’d mention, I also have a 2 month old, isoacoustics Aperta 300 isolation stand that’s meant for center channels and it pairs perfectly with this thing. They sell for $160 new.

I don't know why he didn't get my email address from the previous message but I sent him my email again and he sent a few pictures of the speaker.

Hi,

I got the pictures.

I am ready to move on.

Thanks,

Daniel.

After that he didn't respond and was offline for a few days - So I waited for him to log back in and when he logged in yesterday I sent him this message:

Hi,

I noticed that you are back online.

I am still interested in the ultra center.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Then out of curiosity I came back to the fraud alert thread to find out that once again he posted about me without ever talking to me about his worries and posted this here in the fraud alert thread:

Hi,
I got the pictures.
I am ready to move on.
Thanks,
Daniel.

————————

I just happened to notice it in the picture and honestly wanted to ask yodog's impressions of it since I am planning on buying one during blackfriday.

There is no way I can buy it off of you even if I wanted to:

1. The voltage in the US is 110 volts and in Israel it's 220 volts - The sub won't even turn on in Israel.
2. The shipping price of the sub will be way too high to justify it even if I am buying it at a reduced price.
3. The lack of warranty in Israel - Especially when hearing about problem with the amplifiers of the 3000 line and 16 ultra line.

And it's annoying that he wanted to get any input from other people - Of course that other opinions are good - But in that case they can't help because they didn't talk to me and have no way of "investigating me" Some will say that it looks fine and others say it is suspicious. The only one who can alleviate your concerns is me - And I can only do that if you talk to me and get information out of me.

He could have asked me to take a picture of my passport for him to see how commited I was - Heck I don't know if I will agree to that Or he could have asked that we use a middleman.
My point is that he should have gotten more information out of me and then come here and ask for opinions.

After he commented I proceeded to once again being forced to "defend myself" for no real reason and having to take pictures of my room to show that I am serious about it.

It is just tiring and extremely annoying that I have to go to such lengths and put so much time to "defend myself" just because some random person online can say that my messages look fishy without EVEN EXPLAINING why or providing ANY PROOF WHILE NOT RESPONDING TO MY MESSAGES and NOT TALKING TO ME AND ASKING FOR PROOF.

If he is so afraid to ship it he should have only accepted local pickup and this could have been prevented.

So that's it really - nothing special.

I apologize for grammar mistakes.

Yodog - Again I mean no harm - I am just saying what I feel and I am sorry if you are offended by any of this - That is not my point.

I will be more than happy if we can go on with the deal so that both of us can be happy.

I understand that your absence of a few days of not responding to my messages was you battling with yourself over trusting me.

I hope that by seeing all of the effort and time I put into this can convince you that I am just another audio lover that wants to get an upgrade for his system and that I am indeed "legit".
Lp85253 likes this.
post #73 of 81 Old 09-29-2019, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Liked: 5029
Good grief
NTTD likes this.
post #74 of 81 Old 09-29-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2177 Post(s)
Liked: 1828
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for responding.

I am now going to show my entire point of view about this - So that I won't have to explain anything again.

This is going to be really long and a bit messy since I am just writing everything that I have in my head.

For you Yodog - I am a bit irritated but it's not that bad - I don't mean to offend you in any way and just writing what I think & feel.

Don't take it the wrong way - I don't want to offend you and if possible I would still like to go on with the deal for the sake of both of us.

No hard feelings man.

Hi,

I live in Israel.

Thanks,

Daniel.

"it doesn't feel right".

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Thanks,

Daniel.

He replied:

Hey,

Hi,

I got the pictures.

I am ready to move on.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Hi,

I live in Israel.

Thanks,

Daniel.

"it doesn't feel right".

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

Thanks,

Daniel.

He replied:

Hey,

Hi,

I got the pictures.

I am ready to move on.

Thanks,

Daniel.

After that he didn't respond and was offline for a few days - So I waited for him to log back in and when he logged in yesterday I sent him this message:

Hi,

I noticed that you are back online.

I am still interested in the ultra center.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Then out of curiosity I came back to the fraud alert thread to find out that once again he posted about me without ever talking to me about his worries and posted this here in the fraud alert thread:

Hi,
I got the pictures.
I am ready to move on.
Thanks,
Daniel.

————————

I just happened to notice it in the picture and honestly wanted to ask yodog's impressions of it since I am planning on buying one during blackfriday.

There is no way I can buy it off of you even if I wanted to:

1. The voltage in the US is 110 volts and in Israel it's 220 volts - The sub won't even turn on in Israel.
2. The shipping price of the sub will be way too high to justify it even if I am buying it at a reduced price.
3. The lack of warranty in Israel - Especially when hearing about problem with the amplifiers of the 3000 line and 16 ultra line.

And it's annoying that he wanted to get any input from other people - Of course that other opinions are good - But in that case they can't help because they didn't talk to me and have no way of "investigating me" Some will say that it looks fine and others say it is suspicious. The only one who can alleviate your concerns is me - And I can only do that if you talk to me and get information out of me.

He could have asked me to take a picture of my passport for him to see how commited I was - Heck I don't know if I will agree to that Or he could have asked that we use a middleman.
My point is that he should have gotten more information out of me and then come here and ask for opinions.

After he commented I proceeded to once again being forced to "defend myself" for no real reason and having to take pictures of my room to show that I am serious about it.

It is just tiring and extremely annoying that I have to go to such lengths and put so much time to "defend myself" just because some random person online can say that my messages look fishy without EVEN EXPLAINING why or providing ANY PROOF WHILE NOT RESPONDING TO MY MESSAGES and NOT TALKING TO ME AND ASKING FOR PROOF.

If he is so afraid to ship it he should have only accepted local pickup and this could have been prevented.

So that's it really - nothing special.

I apologize for grammar mistakes.

Yodog - Again I mean no harm - I am just saying what I feel and I am sorry if you are offended by any of this - That is not my point.

I will be more than happy if we can go on with the deal so that both of us can be happy.

I understand that your absence of a few days of not responding to my messages was you battling with yourself over trusting me.

I hope that by seeing all of the effort and time I put into this can convince you that I am just another audio lover that wants to get an upgrade for his system and that I am indeed "legit".
it's a shame things worked out the way they did.. imo you don't really need to defend yourself.. chalk it up to experience and adjust your shopping and selling habits to dissuade thoughts of impropriety ...hope things work out well for you , it seems like this was all a big misunderstanding...best of luck
genural likes this.

YAMAHA TSR 5790.. front l/r emotiva b1's and /or kef q100's ..BIC v1220.....Emotiva basx10.... ascend cbm 170 center.. polk t15 rears..samsung 55" j620d
bedroom .. YAMAHA r-xv 383... front l/r.. wharfedale 10.1s... ascend cbm 170 center ... Emotiva basx8... samsung ku6300 50 in
post #75 of 81 Old 09-29-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
it's a shame things worked out the way they did.. imo you don't really need to defend yourself.. chalk it up to experience and adjust your shopping and selling habits to dissuade thoughts of impropriety ...hope things work out well for you , it seems like this was all a big misunderstanding...best of luck
Hi,

Thanks, It's fine, Nothing really happened and I do hope it will end well
Lp85253 likes this.
post #76 of 81 Old 11-21-2019, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Fraud Alert. "Tom Morgan"
Thanks to the members for posting a scam alert about Tom Morgan.
I too posted a want to buy ad and a Jeffreyca sent me a message...

"Jeffreyca
The last time I purchased an amp from Tom Morgan he mentioned he had for sale hit him up at [email protected] you can thank me later
Sent from my Infinix X571 using Tapatalk"

I sent an Email off to Tom Morgan regarding a Klipsch K-63-KN tweeter his previous customer said he had available. He said he had it and I could pay him via PayPal gift and just send the payment to his Email address. After letting him know I would only pay via a money request as "Goods and Services" with an invoice also with me offering to pay the PayPal fee he switched to a friends and family payment. I insisted on a Goods and services money request he finally agreed.
This was his response:

"Okay sir, I understand.
Make a payment of $100 via PayPal goods and services. Here is my colleagues PayPal address
[email protected]
And make the balance payment once you get the tweeter."
I asked why in the world would I send money to your colleagues email address. lol
He replied he had to use his colleagues account because he did not have a PayPal account.

We went back and forth as I knew by this time he was a scammer.
I finally leveled with him and told him Tom Morgan had scam alerts and Jeffreyca's account had no posts or activity and was commented on being a spam account on the forum and I asked him for his phone number so I could call him, last I ever heard of him.

Thanks for the reports on these guys, just goes to show you can never be too suspicious of losing your hard earned money and 5 minutes of research saved my butt.
rhelliott2 likes this.
post #77 of 81 Old 11-21-2019, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Posted to buy ATI amp and I got a message from the same person to contact Tom Morgan. I sent an email but realize that the price is too good to be true in his response. I asked some photos and he sent me some photos that were edited. Just realized this is a scam/fraud.

“ Hello

Apologies for the delay in response. I just got a chance to check my mail. I have up for sale my ATI 3007 Power Amplifier 7 Channel 220-240 Voltage. This Power amplifier is in perfect working operations. Not sure about manuals but I will try to find it. I'll give it 8/10 due to some minor scratches. Otherwise its in perfect operation and these amps are built like tanks!! Its hardly been used as I work full time I hardly ever spent time in my theatre room. Need to sell, No need for my home theatre setup moving into a smaller home.
In excellent and new condition. I am asking a $760 for itshipped to your location. I am in California and will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping.
What's your complete shipping address?”
post #78 of 81 Old 11-22-2019, 04:10 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirosha View Post
Posted to buy ATI amp and I got a message from the same person to contact Tom Morgan. I sent an email but realize that the price is too good to be true in his response. I asked some photos and he sent me some photos that were edited. Just realized this is a scam/fraud.

“ Hello

Apologies for the delay in response. I just got a chance to check my mail. I have up for sale my ATI 3007 Power Amplifier 7 Channel 220-240 Voltage. This Power amplifier is in perfect working operations. Not sure about manuals but I will try to find it. I'll give it 8/10 due to some minor scratches. Otherwise its in perfect operation and these amps are built like tanks!! Its hardly been used as I work full time I hardly ever spent time in my theatre room. Need to sell, No need for my home theatre setup moving into a smaller home.
In excellent and new condition. I am asking a $760 for itshipped to your location. I am in California and will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping.
What's your complete shipping address?”
This is the same reply I got from Tom Morgan but with a different product. He must have moved as the address is different. lol

Hello
Apologies for the delay in response. I just got a chance to check my mail. I have for sale my complete HUGE Klipsch Horn/Driver Rare K-63-KN 2" Horn used in the Epic CF-3 and CF-4 and a couple huge Center speakers. The Horn measures about 13.5"x9" with a depth of 9-10" and is driven by a 2" Aluminum cone diaphragm. Sounds extremely good and is capable of ridiculous SPL and power handling.
Great for any Horn fans such as: Klipsch, Altec, JBL, Electro Voice, etc. . I am asking a $150 for them shipped to your location. I am in Massachusetts and will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping and will take payment via PayPal gift payment .
What's your complete shipping address?

Thanks
Tom
20 Radcliffe Rd
Boston, MA 02134
post #79 of 81 Old 11-22-2019, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Thanks for sharing.
crunchman12001 likes this.

KEF R3 L/R | Dual Rythmik F12SE | 2.2 | Yamaha RX-A2080
post #80 of 81 Old 11-22-2019, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I hate when people say they want to buy your item, you agree on a price and send them your info (paypal address etc) They say they will send payment and then never hear back from them. This guy just did it to me last week and only has 2 posts ------>peakaylopolis
post #81 of 81 Old 11-23-2019, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
This is the same reply I got from Tom Morgan but with a different product. He must have moved as the address is different. lol

Hello
Apologies for the delay in response. I just got a chance to check my mail. I have for sale my complete HUGE Klipsch Horn/Driver Rare K-63-KN 2" Horn used in the Epic CF-3 and CF-4 and a couple huge Center speakers. The Horn measures about 13.5"x9" with a depth of 9-10" and is driven by a 2" Aluminum cone diaphragm. Sounds extremely good and is capable of ridiculous SPL and power handling.
Great for any Horn fans such as: Klipsch, Altec, JBL, Electro Voice, etc. . I am asking a $150 for them shipped to your location. I am in Massachusetts and will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping and will take payment via PayPal gift payment .
What's your complete shipping address?

Thanks
Tom
20 Radcliffe Rd
Boston, MA 02134
"Is PayPal gift payment safe?
It is not very safe for the buyer though. PayPal does not charge fees for personal payments funded by PayPal balance. It is a violation of the user agreement to use personal payments for sale transactions."

Clearly a violation of PayPal and not very safe. If a seller asks for this type of payment...run.
crunchman12001 likes this.

Tony

In search of the Holy Grail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Gear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page