FS: Like New - B&W Bowers and Wilkins 702 S2 Pair - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-27-2019, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 152
FS: Like New - B&W Bowers and Wilkins 702 S2 Pair

Looking for $3500 or best offer: Please feel free to make any offer for what you think these are worth, if you’re interested the local sale of these in Washington State (Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area): These are large and heavy enough that I don’t think shipping would be worth it, but I would be willing to do a weekend day trip delivery if I found a serious buyer.

They’re in pristine condition and are barely a year old at this point. The short story is they I’ve found other speakers that I prefer more. There’s nothing wrong with them, and they still sound amazing, but I’ve come to realize that I don’t prefer the B&W sound coloration vs more neutral speakers.

Last edited by echopraxia; 09-08-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-10-2019, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Bump as per forum rules. Price drop to $3500 or best offer.

Ascend Sierra Towers (RAAL) + Ascend Horizon (RAAL) + 2x Rythmik F18 | Ascend Sierra 2EX + JL Audio E112 | [Selling:] Bowers and Wilkins 702 S2
post #3 of 5 Old 10-06-2019, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Bump.

Ascend Sierra Towers (RAAL) + Ascend Horizon (RAAL) + 2x Rythmik F18 | Ascend Sierra 2EX + JL Audio E112 | [Selling:] Bowers and Wilkins 702 S2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-13-2019, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by echopraxia View Post
Looking for $3500 or best offer: Please feel free to make any offer for what you think these are worth, if you’re interested the local sale of these in Washington State (Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area): These are large and heavy enough that I don’t think shipping would be worth it, but I would be willing to do a weekend day trip delivery if I found a serious buyer.

They’re in pristine condition and are barely a year old at this point. The short story is they I’ve found other speakers that I prefer more. There’s nothing wrong with them, and they still sound amazing, but I’ve come to realize that I don’t prefer the B&W sound coloration vs more neutral speakers.
What speakers did you switch to? Whats the max rated watts per channel can these speakers handle?

Do it all or don't do it at all.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-13-2019, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodog View Post
What speakers did you switch to? Whats the max rated watts per channel can these speakers handle?
I switched to Ascend Sierra RAAL Towers a while ago, whose neutral sound signature I’ve discovered that I prefer over B&W’s coloration/flavor of sound.

According to the official info sheet here, the B&W 702 S2 has 90db sensitivity (i.e. 90db at 1 watt) and is recommended up to 300 watts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Gear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page