FS: Power Sound Audio PSA S3600i Sub(s) - Dual or Single - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By zorax2

post #1 of 7 Old 06-03-2020, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 554
FS: Power Sound Audio PSA S3600i Sub(s) - Dual or Single

This is for either a single or pair of Power Sound Audio PSA S3600i dual 18” driver subwoofers. I’ll sell one for $1,200 or the matched pair for $2,300. Current retail for the current version is now $2,400 each so you can get duals of near new S3600s for the price of one S3612 which will make a huge difference in performance and room frequency response for you. I'm selling as I upgraded to a set of dual TV42s.

These subs are still covered by PSA’s 5-year comprehensive warranty and are in near new condition.

These subs are absolute beasts and blew away the dual SVS PB13 Ultras I had before and performed much better than even the JTR Orbit Shifter LFU I had in my theater.

They are 18” dual opposed drivers in a sealed configuration for ultra-deep bass. They are relatively compact for the size of the drivers at 20” W x 28” L x 24” H and 137 pounds.

They have ICEpower Class D amps providing 1,700 watts of power.

Maximum output is incredible rated at an average of 132.1 dB between 40 and 63 Hz giving you lots of headroom.

The subs are available for pickup and located in Chaska, MN 55318 which is a western suburb of the Minneapolis / St. Paul Twin Cities Area. Unfortunately, I am unable to ship or deliver these subs - they must be picked up locally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2879_SM.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	756.3 KB
ID:	2736530   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2884_SM.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	698.5 KB
ID:	2736532   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2883_SM.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2736534   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2882_SM.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	708.6 KB
ID:	2736536   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2881_SM.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	667.8 KB
ID:	2736538  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2880_SM.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	726.8 KB
ID:	2736540  

7.2.4 with Denon X4300W, Kef Reference 205 Mains, 202c Ctr, 203, 201, Ci200RR-THX for surrounds/ATMOS, Power Sound Audio PSA Dual TV42 Subs, ATI 2005 & 1807 and Crown DCI 8|300N Amps,
GIK & DIY Acoustics, JVC X790/RS540 PJ, Stewart Neve 100" 16:9 Screen, Crowson Transducers, Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro, Apple TV 4K, INSTEON, UDI ISY994i

Last edited by zorax2; 06-14-2020 at 08:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-06-2020, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
How would this be positioned? Firing sideways or front to back? How far off the wall should these be placed? trying to figure out if I could make these work with my layout
post #3 of 7 Old 06-06-2020, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnmax View Post
How would this be positioned? Firing sideways or front to back? How far off the wall should these be placed? trying to figure out if I could make these work with my layout
You can position the subs any way you'd like - for example, along side a sofa, behind a sofa, in a corner. I had used them with one tucked into a corner wall with the back driver about 2 to 3" from the wall and the other along side a theater chair ending up about a foot from the wall behind it. Given these subs aren't as large and imposing as the similar dual driver ported subs, you have a lot more flexibility if wife acceptance factor is a concerned.

One thing to consider is that a purchasing a pre-owned pair of these gives you a relatively low cost opportunity to determine the benefits of dual subs, the sound quality, etc. virtually without financial risk. While I'm the original purchaser of these subs, I've bought a lot of used equipment and speakers to try in my setup which gave me the ability to cost effectively try and hear new things while saving a ton of money. It's often difficult to demo things especially with fewer dealers around and the logistics of shipping and packing returns if you don't care for something. Along my sub journey, I once bought a pair of PB13 Ultras which I used for a year or two before reselling them on CraigsList for about what I purchased them for. I'm glad I was able to do that as there is no way I would have paid retail for them even with the excellent return policy as I knew I'd eventually upgrade and drop in resale value would have been rough. It was really like getting those two years of the PB13 Ultras without costing me anything to enjoy them other than my initial purchase outlay.

Thank you for your interest!

7.2.4 with Denon X4300W, Kef Reference 205 Mains, 202c Ctr, 203, 201, Ci200RR-THX for surrounds/ATMOS, Power Sound Audio PSA Dual TV42 Subs, ATI 2005 & 1807 and Crown DCI 8|300N Amps,
GIK & DIY Acoustics, JVC X790/RS540 PJ, Stewart Neve 100" 16:9 Screen, Crowson Transducers, Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro, Apple TV 4K, INSTEON, UDI ISY994i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-07-2020, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
PM sent
post #5 of 7 Old 06-07-2020, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Replied to PM

post #6 of 7 Old 06-08-2020, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorax2 View Post
You can position the subs any way you'd like - for example, along side a sofa, behind a sofa, in a corner. I had used them with one tucked into a corner wall with the back driver about 2 to 3" from the wall and the other along side a theater chair ending up about a foot from the wall behind it. Given these subs aren't as large and imposing as the similar dual driver ported subs, you have a lot more flexibility if wife acceptance factor is a concerned.

One thing to consider is that a purchasing a pre-owned pair of these gives you a relatively low cost opportunity to determine the benefits of dual subs, the sound quality, etc. virtually without financial risk. While I'm the original purchaser of these subs, I've bought a lot of used equipment and speakers to try in my setup which gave me the ability to cost effectively try and hear new things while saving a ton of money. It's often difficult to demo things especially with fewer dealers around and the logistics of shipping and packing returns if you don't care for something. Along my sub journey, I once bought a pair of PB13 Ultras which I used for a year or two before reselling them on CraigsList for about what I purchased them for. I'm glad I was able to do that as there is no way I would have paid retail for them even with the excellent return policy as I knew I'd eventually upgrade and drop in resale value would have been rough. It was really like getting those two years of the PB13 Ultras without costing me anything to enjoy them other than my initial purchase outlay.

Thank you for your interest!
Thanks for the excellent reply. Oh yeah, Im way too familiar with buying used at great prices. I have a mish mash of subs ive bought for geat prices and would like to get a matching set. Im more of a 2 channel vinyl guy so I started with (2) REL 212SE's. Which i do use in my HT. Also i have a Golden Ear Super Sub XXL and a REL S5 in the other two corners, these are the two I would like to replace with a pair of matching HT specific subs. Being that you are local and your subs are a good deal, and Im a sucker for good deals even when i dont need, has piqued my interest. Im looking at upgrading my 2 channel speakers some Im having an internal debate on which way to go. Im going to rochester this weekend to check out these speakers, if they dont work out that helps me decide which direction to go. BTW I live in North Branch
post #7 of 7 Old 06-09-2020, 03:22 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnmax View Post
Thanks for the excellent reply. Oh yeah, Im way too familiar with buying used at great prices. I have a mish mash of subs ive bought for geat prices and would like to get a matching set. Im more of a 2 channel vinyl guy so I started with (2) REL 212SE's. Which i do use in my HT. Also i have a Golden Ear Super Sub XXL and a REL S5 in the other two corners, these are the two I would like to replace with a pair of matching HT specific subs. Being that you are local and your subs are a good deal, and Im a sucker for good deals even when i dont need, has piqued my interest. Im looking at upgrading my 2 channel speakers some Im having an internal debate on which way to go. Im going to rochester this weekend to check out these speakers, if they dont work out that helps me decide which direction to go. BTW I live in North Branch

The S3600s are still available.

PM me if you'd like my phone number and address if things don't work out with the speakers in Rochester. You could swing by my home on the way back from Rochester, save some time and drive home with some incredible subs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Gear

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page