Selling my premium HTPC, I have built it 4 months ago out of the best in class parts. Parts have warranty from their respective OEMs. My design goal was to build MadVR Level 5 capable,quiet and good-looking HTPC out of the most reliable premium parts. Please see pictures of each box to confirm the parts I used. This HTPC drove my LCOS projector and did Level 5 of MadVR on 1080p material with flying colors, able to fill the max queues while keeping silent. My design kept HTPC inaudible thanks to the premium Silverstone case that has excellent thermodynamics. I spent great deal of time finding the IR receiver that powers On/Off the HTPC with the remote every time (not all IR receivers even from HP are capable of that).
I have two of these in my home, but sold my LCOS and another one now powers my plasma.
Please note this is a premium product that I have built using tightest criteria for noise, temp and reliability, I have no plans to sell it for cheap. I offer it at tremendous savings, if you are to replicate it and handpick parts and assemble it it will cost you 50-70% more. My loss is your gain.
Parts used in this build:
* Intel Core i7-4770S Processr up to 3.90GHz ($310)
* Asus Gryphon Z87 DDR3 1600 LGA1150 Motherboard with Intel LAN Gigabit controller. (Military specd and tested by TUV for redundant reliability and premium warranty) ($172)
* G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAB PC12800 2x4GB of RAM ($112)
* Sapphire AMD R260x Video GPU with 2GB of DDR5 RAM (important for MadVR Level 5) ($95)
* Noctua CPU Cooler NHL9i (ultra quiet mode) ($42)
* Intel 530 Series 120GB SSD ($120)
* Seasonic X650 Gold premium Power Supply, running in fanless mode on this build ($129)
* Silverstone GD-05 HTPC premium case ($105)
* Noctua extra case fan ($22)
* Logitech K400r wireless keyboard/touchpad combo ($39)
* HP media center IR receiver OVU400102/71 ($35)
Total parts cost is $1179 plus my time to carefully assemble using premium thermal component.
My price is $790.